Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Game Suggestion] Snake
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Oooooh yes please
Oooooh yes please
whittling away the clan fortune
I've honestly never heard of Snake, but this game style seems familiar to something I played when I was younger. I dunno, it just seems familar to me. Support :3
I've honestly never heard of Snake, but this game style seems familiar to something I played when I was younger. I dunno, it just seems familar to me. Support :3
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
Apologies for bumping up an old thread, but I figured it better than starting another one on the same topic.

I have massive support for the idea of a game of Snake on the site. But I think there is one thing that would be very important that would be completely different to the OP's version:

To make it basic snake. No art assets beyond simple colored boxes representing snake, food, and obstacle. No fancy gimmicks.

Because right now, what this site needs is a game that can go in soon that is more action-based and far easier to play for long periods of time than Runestones or Jigsaw, both of which get massively repetitive without having any particular "twitch-addictive" quality.

The art assets, lore, fancy level advancements, etc. could all be added later.

Snake is a game that pretty much every beginning programmer learns as one of their first forays into game-making, so it's not hard to knock up a copy of Snake in a short amount of time. I don't know anything about implementing it with the website, especially not through HTML5, but it certainly couldn't be anywhere near as complicated as a lot of the more involved game suggestions.

An extremely basic copy of Snake would give those of us who are sick of all the same puzzles and really hate games like Runestones something to play. It could be prettied up later when there's more time.
Apologies for bumping up an old thread, but I figured it better than starting another one on the same topic.

I have massive support for the idea of a game of Snake on the site. But I think there is one thing that would be very important that would be completely different to the OP's version:

To make it basic snake. No art assets beyond simple colored boxes representing snake, food, and obstacle. No fancy gimmicks.

Because right now, what this site needs is a game that can go in soon that is more action-based and far easier to play for long periods of time than Runestones or Jigsaw, both of which get massively repetitive without having any particular "twitch-addictive" quality.

The art assets, lore, fancy level advancements, etc. could all be added later.

Snake is a game that pretty much every beginning programmer learns as one of their first forays into game-making, so it's not hard to knock up a copy of Snake in a short amount of time. I don't know anything about implementing it with the website, especially not through HTML5, but it certainly couldn't be anywhere near as complicated as a lot of the more involved game suggestions.

An extremely basic copy of Snake would give those of us who are sick of all the same puzzles and really hate games like Runestones something to play. It could be prettied up later when there's more time.
Support! I love snake and I'm surprised it isn't on here already! Seems to be a staple of adoptables/breeding sims. :P
Support! I love snake and I'm surprised it isn't on here already! Seems to be a staple of adoptables/breeding sims. :P
HIHhist.gifZNhRsiG.pngHIHhist.gif
SNEK.

+1 post of supporting! snake is my favouritest game of all time!

*fondly remembers playing the original on her Nokia Brick*

EDIT: as Wirevix said, the site really just needs a quick, simple game that doesn't take much doing. If it could be knocked up in a really basic way in a short space of time; one that doesn't have loads of complicated exploitable features or things to crash the site... after all, the original was nothing but squares, and look how any different versions it's inspired!
Once the site's properly in full swing, it could always be updated with proper, relevant graphics.

DOUBLE EDIT: I found this in the first web search I did. The only difficult bit may be the converting points to treasure and maybe adding levels, but it seems that the code department already know how to do that.
http://thecodeplayer.com/walkthrough/html5-game-tutorial-make-a-snake-game-using-html5-canvas-jquery
SNEK.

+1 post of supporting! snake is my favouritest game of all time!

*fondly remembers playing the original on her Nokia Brick*

EDIT: as Wirevix said, the site really just needs a quick, simple game that doesn't take much doing. If it could be knocked up in a really basic way in a short space of time; one that doesn't have loads of complicated exploitable features or things to crash the site... after all, the original was nothing but squares, and look how any different versions it's inspired!
Once the site's properly in full swing, it could always be updated with proper, relevant graphics.

DOUBLE EDIT: I found this in the first web search I did. The only difficult bit may be the converting points to treasure and maybe adding levels, but it seems that the code department already know how to do that.
http://thecodeplayer.com/walkthrough/html5-game-tutorial-make-a-snake-game-using-html5-canvas-jquery
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
Support! I love snake! :D I'd play this game forever! XD
Support! I love snake! :D I'd play this game forever! XD
My Lair: https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/383 I loves da faes :3
My Pronouns: She/Her
"Be the Change you Wish to See in the World" ~ Mahatma Ghandi
Support! ^U^
Support! ^U^
BannerMindastsya_zps799c7982.png
Support! Great idea, a little spiral is just too cute <3
Support! Great idea, a little spiral is just too cute <3