Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Safe T/G Exchange + TOS for scams
1 2 3 4 5
@tec
Yup! They were promised that amount in return for an extremely rare pet on another website, which isn't that far fetched because it is the most rare pet on the site and they were holding an auction for it. She provided screen shots that showed the person had that many gems, but a member analyzed it and found that it was photo shopped because of the spacing between the zeros.

Thankfully, her pet got returned by the mods of the other website. If it had been the other way around, and she had sent the 50k gems without receiving the pet...I mean the mods on here have to do SOMETHING about that, right?

I mean, it says they don't support these kinds of trades...but that isn't fair to members who rely on these types of trades (gems for treasure, items for treasure, etc.) for income. I've seen this thing on tumblr where you review people for good service and whatnot, but it seems like it would save everyone, members and mods alike, a whole lot of grief if there wasn't a way to trick people out of their items/treasure/gems.
@tec
Yup! They were promised that amount in return for an extremely rare pet on another website, which isn't that far fetched because it is the most rare pet on the site and they were holding an auction for it. She provided screen shots that showed the person had that many gems, but a member analyzed it and found that it was photo shopped because of the spacing between the zeros.

Thankfully, her pet got returned by the mods of the other website. If it had been the other way around, and she had sent the 50k gems without receiving the pet...I mean the mods on here have to do SOMETHING about that, right?

I mean, it says they don't support these kinds of trades...but that isn't fair to members who rely on these types of trades (gems for treasure, items for treasure, etc.) for income. I've seen this thing on tumblr where you review people for good service and whatnot, but it seems like it would save everyone, members and mods alike, a whole lot of grief if there wasn't a way to trick people out of their items/treasure/gems.
tumblr_inline_nbhuimwgTs1qg78ij.png
@BassNectar I don't think the mods would support it, since it was an offsite trade, but that really sucks. I'm glad the mods on the other site did something. If nothing else, the mods on this site could ban the person who did it...if scams of any kind were against the TOS.
@BassNectar I don't think the mods would support it, since it was an offsite trade, but that really sucks. I'm glad the mods on the other site did something. If nothing else, the mods on this site could ban the person who did it...if scams of any kind were against the TOS.
@tec yeah, I doubt they would care much about offsite trades that ended up with someone getting scammed, but it's pretty ridiculous having a board dedicated to these types of unsecure trades (gems/items/treasure) if there's nothing in the tos to ward off scammers. If it were my website, I would find and ban the ip of the user who has been confirmed doing scams, it drives away good respectable members who just want to enjoy the site.
@tec yeah, I doubt they would care much about offsite trades that ended up with someone getting scammed, but it's pretty ridiculous having a board dedicated to these types of unsecure trades (gems/items/treasure) if there's nothing in the tos to ward off scammers. If it were my website, I would find and ban the ip of the user who has been confirmed doing scams, it drives away good respectable members who just want to enjoy the site.
tumblr_inline_nbhuimwgTs1qg78ij.png
Support. c:

I'm all for a safe item/gem/treasure exchange system, and updating the TOS regarding scams wouldn't hurt as well. I don't know how the staff handles reports because I have never been in a being-scammed-situation before, but I do feel insecure about the whole matter and therefore definitely support any ideas about safe trading systems :)
Support. c:

I'm all for a safe item/gem/treasure exchange system, and updating the TOS regarding scams wouldn't hurt as well. I don't know how the staff handles reports because I have never been in a being-scammed-situation before, but I do feel insecure about the whole matter and therefore definitely support any ideas about safe trading systems :)
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
Support 110%
There NEEDS to be a safe way to exchange items/treasure/gems. It's idiotic to have an items sale forum up when it's pretty much going to end up a breeding ground for scammers.
Support 110%
There NEEDS to be a safe way to exchange items/treasure/gems. It's idiotic to have an items sale forum up when it's pretty much going to end up a breeding ground for scammers.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Have all my support. Not much else to add beyond what others had say already.
Have all my support. Not much else to add beyond what others had say already.
Support, like I said, people buy gems for a reason and one of those is to exchange for treasure. Having a safe method of exchange would encourage others who would feel shaky about such a transaction to potentially purchase gems.
Support, like I said, people buy gems for a reason and one of those is to exchange for treasure. Having a safe method of exchange would encourage others who would feel shaky about such a transaction to potentially purchase gems.
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
Support! I don't see why this can't be implemented using the existing Crossroads

Also support for secure item trades/purchases!

I buy gems with treasure every so often and would like to do so with peace of mind
Support! I don't see why this can't be implemented using the existing Crossroads

Also support for secure item trades/purchases!

I buy gems with treasure every so often and would like to do so with peace of mind
Please @ping me if you would like a response. I don't check the forums often

EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
I would also like to throw my support in with this. I think it should be an extension of crossroads. You put in how many gems you're giving and how much treasure you want in exchange. The other person approves it and then I think it should bounce back one more time to the person that initiated the trade for a final okay.
I would also like to throw my support in with this. I think it should be an extension of crossroads. You put in how many gems you're giving and how much treasure you want in exchange. The other person approves it and then I think it should bounce back one more time to the person that initiated the trade for a final okay.
Support.
Support.
1 2 3 4 5