Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Breed: Fruitbeaks [Under Rehaul]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
So I looked at the list of breeds and noticed there was a lack of wyverny ones. I also looked into why and scouted around the boards at other people's breed suggestions. I wanted to do a bat one but saw someone else sort of already beat me to it. So I deviated something a bit and thought that I would suggest something I called a Fruitbeak. [color=red][u][b]EDIT: AS I KEEP GETTING A LOT OF COMMENTS ON THIS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T READ OTHER POSTS IN THE THREAD:[/b] [/u]Yes these sound like Nocturnes, however these were posted well before the Nocturne's conceived existence, please check the original publishing date of this thread. Therefore Fruitbeaks are going through an overhaul, though are likely to resemble a similar appearance. They will retain their same name.[/color] [u][b]Adult Male[/b][/u] [img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/Saraibre/FruitbeakLineArt1_zps3c441c3e.png[/img] [u][b]Adult Female:[/b][/u] [img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/Saraibre/FruitbeakLineArt2_zps462482d1.png[/img] [u][b]Baby[/b][/u] [img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/Saraibre/FruitbeakBabyLineArt1_zps3d8e3164.png[/img] So just something really basic for line art that I did. It'll most likely change with small details as I go along finishing more sketches. The idea sort of stemmed a bit from a fruitbat to a bird with some Ruby Throated humming bird shiny scales on the chest there. Also the large throat from a frog, because these guys are supposed to have the ability - like birds - to imitate a variety of sounds. Honestly it ended up turning into a giant mish mash of things in the end. [u][b]General Info:[/b][/u] Fruibeaks are sociable creatures but are very wary of new things, tending to observe before approaching anything. Their ability to imitate various sounds and learn a grand spectrum of languages by extent, make then capable of communicating with various other dragons. Their ears are capable of rotating 180 degrees and picking up the faintest of sounds. Their eye sight is also very sharp but their sense of smell by comparison is not. Their snouts are beak-like with a sharp tip, though teeth may not be immediately seen, they are not absent. Fruitbeaks, as their name implies, helps them eat fruits and other plants that are high in sugar. They also use them to carve out their own place in nests, as well as using their powerful rear legs. They prefer to use their hind legs for everything rather than their tiny forearms, which are usually just used for carrying small objects or holding onto their newborn hatchlings. Friutbeaks like to anchor themselves with their prehensile tails and have been seen hanging in caves upside down under the camouflage of stalactites. Socially Fruitbeaks tend to get along with other breeds, however many are skeptical to let one into their lair for Fruitbeaks tend to practice any new sounds they hear in order to imitate it, which may be off putting for many other species. They have a terrible habit of trying to scavenge fruit off of other dragons as well. Granting them a little patience will give them time to adapt and learn where and when is an okay time to practice their vocalization as well as learning their bounds within a new lair. Fruitbeaks usually assess a situation before choosing either fight or flight. When threatened in combat, Fruitbeaks will usually resort to making the most deafening sounds possible, or at least the most horrible. Before resorting to this method though, they inflate their throats in attempts to make themselves look larger, flashing the shiny scales on their chest and lower throat before yelling profusely. Usually their screams can reach ear splitting ranges, from high pitched, glass shattering yelps to thundering roars. Some adults have throats strong enough to screech out sonic booms. In close ranged combat, they will use their powerful back legs to slash at limbs and wings, or throw around any threat they can lift, including throwing things that are incapable of flight from a high altitude. They also bite with careful aim to split hides and make deep cuts and gashes. That's all I got right now. More to come later on.
So I looked at the list of breeds and noticed there was a lack of wyverny ones. I also looked into why and scouted around the boards at other people's breed suggestions. I wanted to do a bat one but saw someone else sort of already beat me to it. So I deviated something a bit and thought that I would suggest something I called a Fruitbeak.

EDIT: AS I KEEP GETTING A LOT OF COMMENTS ON THIS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T READ OTHER POSTS IN THE THREAD: Yes these sound like Nocturnes, however these were posted well before the Nocturne's conceived existence, please check the original publishing date of this thread. Therefore Fruitbeaks are going through an overhaul, though are likely to resemble a similar appearance. They will retain their same name.

Adult Male
FruitbeakLineArt1_zps3c441c3e.png

Adult Female:
FruitbeakLineArt2_zps462482d1.png

Baby
FruitbeakBabyLineArt1_zps3d8e3164.png

So just something really basic for line art that I did. It'll most likely change with small details as I go along finishing more sketches. The idea sort of stemmed a bit from a fruitbat to a bird with some Ruby Throated humming bird shiny scales on the chest there. Also the large throat from a frog, because these guys are supposed to have the ability - like birds - to imitate a variety of sounds. Honestly it ended up turning into a giant mish mash of things in the end.

General Info:
Fruibeaks are sociable creatures but are very wary of new things, tending to observe before approaching anything. Their ability to imitate various sounds and learn a grand spectrum of languages by extent, make then capable of communicating with various other dragons. Their ears are capable of rotating 180 degrees and picking up the faintest of sounds. Their eye sight is also very sharp but their sense of smell by comparison is not. Their snouts are beak-like with a sharp tip, though teeth may not be immediately seen, they are not absent. Fruitbeaks, as their name implies, helps them eat fruits and other plants that are high in sugar. They also use them to carve out their own place in nests, as well as using their powerful rear legs. They prefer to use their hind legs for everything rather than their tiny forearms, which are usually just used for carrying small objects or holding onto their newborn hatchlings. Friutbeaks like to anchor themselves with their prehensile tails and have been seen hanging in caves upside down under the camouflage of stalactites.

Socially Fruitbeaks tend to get along with other breeds, however many are skeptical to let one into their lair for Fruitbeaks tend to practice any new sounds they hear in order to imitate it, which may be off putting for many other species. They have a terrible habit of trying to scavenge fruit off of other dragons as well. Granting them a little patience will give them time to adapt and learn where and when is an okay time to practice their vocalization as well as learning their bounds within a new lair.

Fruitbeaks usually assess a situation before choosing either fight or flight. When threatened in combat, Fruitbeaks will usually resort to making the most deafening sounds possible, or at least the most horrible. Before resorting to this method though, they inflate their throats in attempts to make themselves look larger, flashing the shiny scales on their chest and lower throat before yelling profusely. Usually their screams can reach ear splitting ranges, from high pitched, glass shattering yelps to thundering roars. Some adults have throats strong enough to screech out sonic booms. In close ranged combat, they will use their powerful back legs to slash at limbs and wings, or throw around any threat they can lift, including throwing things that are incapable of flight from a high altitude. They also bite with careful aim to split hides and make deep cuts and gashes.

That's all I got right now. More to come later on.
I like these, they remind me of gargoyles. :)
I like these, they remind me of gargoyles. :)
177499lightofknowledge2.png
It looks amazing!
Support!
It looks amazing!
Support!
OOOooohh :3 give me ten, support
OOOooohh :3 give me ten, support
Awesome! Support!
Awesome! Support!
Azure Cove: home to dreamers and schemers since the Fourth Age.
water_mysterious.png
Very gargoyle like; as someone else mentioned, which I'm fond of! I'd very much like to see these guys in my lair.
Very gargoyle like; as someone else mentioned, which I'm fond of! I'd very much like to see these guys in my lair.
tumblr_ngrmnjlNu11shujpio1_500.png
Pretty foots! :-D Support~
Pretty foots! :-D Support~
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
That's actually really awesome looking, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing something like this around! (:
That's actually really awesome looking, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing something like this around! (:
a star sign out of whack.
I can get a Black/Purple/Teal one and name it Noivern!!!! Yush!
I can get a Black/Purple/Teal one and name it Noivern!!!! Yush!
I didn't expect this many people to like it already. That makes me feel like my bit of work was worth it, thanks guys! I felt inspired so I drew a sketch of what the baby would look like. I also updated the first post to reflect the new art but I'm gonna post it here too. I also updated the adult to reflect more of the shiny throat/chest scales stuff I mentioned earlier. [u][b]Baby[/b][/u] [img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/Saraibre/FruitbeakBabyLineArt1_zps3d8e3164.png[/img] Those ears... you can't resist the ears.
I didn't expect this many people to like it already. That makes me feel like my bit of work was worth it, thanks guys!

I felt inspired so I drew a sketch of what the baby would look like. I also updated the first post to reflect the new art but I'm gonna post it here too. I also updated the adult to reflect more of the shiny throat/chest scales stuff I mentioned earlier.

Baby
FruitbeakBabyLineArt1_zps3d8e3164.png

Those ears... you can't resist the ears.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18