Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Earn gathering turns
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Well, I still think that increasing the drop amounts on higher levels of food & keeping the 15 gather turns will be plenty good at ensuring enough food is gained too. Like getting to level 20 & having 2-6 items drop instead of the 1-5 chance of the lower levels. Increasing so on up the chain at various level increases & probably plateauing at some point.

of all the ideas I think the increase based on leveling up in gathering is the most balanced means to gaining more turns. It is the only means that ensures everyone 's game needs & play type are addressed (all others exclude a group or force a play out of people which means that overall it is still a problem). It makes sure that you have more ability based on work you've given the game. Which ensure you are gaining based on time, effort, & growth instead of just plugging money & paying your way up or premature boosting yourself (like buying lair upgrades, items, or buying spots will do). It balances & creates fairness through consistency & equality. No one has to rely on chance or luck which events, waiting for messages, etc and things of that process create. They will have results within the planned amount of time as long as they make the effort.

Since we are talking about adding gather turns permanent, I do feel that the level increase for the gain should be around 20+ per area that hits the required amount. Otherwise it will hit too quickly & result in flooding people with food & items they don't have use for or should not have easy access to. Making a higher number to gain will ensure that people are gaining the ability more when they need it, than when they have it. As it is now, I've been here less than a month & am already at level 5 in my areas. Which makes reaching level 20 not long to do (maybe 3 months). My dragons are not breeding fast enough to get overwhelmed before that point. This I really wouldn't need more food before that point.
Well, I still think that increasing the drop amounts on higher levels of food & keeping the 15 gather turns will be plenty good at ensuring enough food is gained too. Like getting to level 20 & having 2-6 items drop instead of the 1-5 chance of the lower levels. Increasing so on up the chain at various level increases & probably plateauing at some point.

of all the ideas I think the increase based on leveling up in gathering is the most balanced means to gaining more turns. It is the only means that ensures everyone 's game needs & play type are addressed (all others exclude a group or force a play out of people which means that overall it is still a problem). It makes sure that you have more ability based on work you've given the game. Which ensure you are gaining based on time, effort, & growth instead of just plugging money & paying your way up or premature boosting yourself (like buying lair upgrades, items, or buying spots will do). It balances & creates fairness through consistency & equality. No one has to rely on chance or luck which events, waiting for messages, etc and things of that process create. They will have results within the planned amount of time as long as they make the effort.

Since we are talking about adding gather turns permanent, I do feel that the level increase for the gain should be around 20+ per area that hits the required amount. Otherwise it will hit too quickly & result in flooding people with food & items they don't have use for or should not have easy access to. Making a higher number to gain will ensure that people are gaining the ability more when they need it, than when they have it. As it is now, I've been here less than a month & am already at level 5 in my areas. Which makes reaching level 20 not long to do (maybe 3 months). My dragons are not breeding fast enough to get overwhelmed before that point. This I really wouldn't need more food before that point.
@Brokenstar9; wow long story.. Let me see if I all get it correctly.
I do agree that we shouldn't drown people in gathering turns, but the main reason to make this suggestion for me wasn't that I couldn't gather enough food. It was mostly because some items are rare and only available through gathering.. The last two familiars I need now ar the Manticore (digging) and Maned cobra (for which the swipp materials are only found through gathering).. Meaning that after my 15 gathering turns, I pretty much have nothing else to do one the site, cause getting those two pretty much is the last goal I need to achieve.. And it is especially frustrating if a lot of days give you 0 of what you need.. It solely depends on luck and not on devotion.. So I wanted to give people a chance to earn more turns.. How you spend those turns is up to you, but give them a reason to stay online just a bit longer, having another shot at either food if you are low on it or one of those rare gathering familairs..

So I do get the points you are making, but since they are mainly based on the fact that you don't want to get flooded in food, it doesn't 100% apply here, cause this is mainly meant for also getting another shot at rare and valuable items, that you can obtain in no other way..

And yes, indeed the permanent increase shouldn't be too much as they are permanent.. But some calculations. It takes 606 turns to get from lv1 to 20 in one skill.. Assuming you have the well-fed bonus, that is a little over 40 days. This means that if you want to get to level 20 in all 6 skills (which was the requirement to earn those extra turns) would take you 242 days.. (and for reference it takes 60+ days to get to level 10 in each area) So it is quite an investment to get to that point, and not the three months you were talking about. After that it will get progressively harder as each level will require more experience (and thus more turns). It has been confirmed that the cap on levels will be increased, but in the mean time, if that doesn't happen in the coming 200 days, people will still only earn themselves 2 to 4 additional permanent gathering turns (depending on whether you get 1 or 2 turns when reaching the lv10 and lv20 milestone).. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough that you won't gain a turn every time you pass lv10.. Only when all your skills are level 10, you will earn 1 turn, when all your skills reach lv20 you will earn 1 more turn.. This also encourages people to use all skills. I know tons of people that only scavenge and dig and have never hunted in their entire game-life.. And if that is soo, than they will never get those turns, cause you are required to be lv10 or 20 respectively to earn those turns..

As for the other suggestions, they aren't permanent.. They are earned on a daily basis, indeed dependent on how much time and effort you are willing to put in the game, but I put a maximum cap on they dailies you can earn for a reason.. If there wasn't a cap, with my spare time, I could earn all the possible gathering turns there are, probably about 40.. But the will be capped at 5, so that even the people with not so much time on their hands, will not have such a huge disadvantage. It takes less than 5 minutes to bond with your familiars. That is at least 1 gathering turn in the pocket, if you have enough familiars, you might even earn yourself 2 turns right there.. A few battles in the coliseum for another extra turn.. Coliseum doesnt work or you don't like the coliseum? No worries, there is also the fairegrounds you can use to earn more turns.. There are a lot of possibilities to earn those turns and a maximum cap so that people who spend all day playing cannot get too far ahead (or the other way around, people who dont have as much time to play don't feel like they are getting punished..).. One of the mods once gave an estimate on how long the average player spends online, which was 1hour.. It should be more than possible for the average player to earn they extra 5 daily gathering turns within that hour, as they will have a lot of acvitities at their disposal.. And again, it is not about food, it is about those other items that are gathering exclusive..

And perhaps the additional gathering turns based on level are the most balanced, but if people really don't want to do anything else on the site, I don't think we need to punish the other players who do use other activities.. Plus no-one is really forced to do anything. If you think that bonding with your familirs or playing a few puzzles in the fairegrounds isnt worth your time, even ifyou get additional gathering turns for it..Then simply don't do it.. But there needs to be some kind of pay-off or reward for spending time on the site. I've simply tried to balance the activities so that people who want to but don't have much time still have a shot at earning them, and people for which some features don't work (like the coliseum) still have a chance at getting them. And it is also mainly them that will be needing food, cause if you can't have grind the coliseum, all you food will come from gathering.

Soo long story short; this suggestion isn't about empty food stores, it is about increasing your chances at gathering exclusive items (and if you want to use those turns for food that is your right and choice). There needs to be balance yes, but only for people who are willing to put in a little effort. We cannot not implement features, simply because people who do not want to use those features might be at a disadvantage.. I tried to balance it so that most activities are used, so that everyone who is willing to exert some effort can earn some turns, even people who are low on time. And there is a maximum cap on the daily turns you can earn, so that the gap between those who do and those who don't doesn't get too big..
@Brokenstar9; wow long story.. Let me see if I all get it correctly.
I do agree that we shouldn't drown people in gathering turns, but the main reason to make this suggestion for me wasn't that I couldn't gather enough food. It was mostly because some items are rare and only available through gathering.. The last two familiars I need now ar the Manticore (digging) and Maned cobra (for which the swipp materials are only found through gathering).. Meaning that after my 15 gathering turns, I pretty much have nothing else to do one the site, cause getting those two pretty much is the last goal I need to achieve.. And it is especially frustrating if a lot of days give you 0 of what you need.. It solely depends on luck and not on devotion.. So I wanted to give people a chance to earn more turns.. How you spend those turns is up to you, but give them a reason to stay online just a bit longer, having another shot at either food if you are low on it or one of those rare gathering familairs..

So I do get the points you are making, but since they are mainly based on the fact that you don't want to get flooded in food, it doesn't 100% apply here, cause this is mainly meant for also getting another shot at rare and valuable items, that you can obtain in no other way..

And yes, indeed the permanent increase shouldn't be too much as they are permanent.. But some calculations. It takes 606 turns to get from lv1 to 20 in one skill.. Assuming you have the well-fed bonus, that is a little over 40 days. This means that if you want to get to level 20 in all 6 skills (which was the requirement to earn those extra turns) would take you 242 days.. (and for reference it takes 60+ days to get to level 10 in each area) So it is quite an investment to get to that point, and not the three months you were talking about. After that it will get progressively harder as each level will require more experience (and thus more turns). It has been confirmed that the cap on levels will be increased, but in the mean time, if that doesn't happen in the coming 200 days, people will still only earn themselves 2 to 4 additional permanent gathering turns (depending on whether you get 1 or 2 turns when reaching the lv10 and lv20 milestone).. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough that you won't gain a turn every time you pass lv10.. Only when all your skills are level 10, you will earn 1 turn, when all your skills reach lv20 you will earn 1 more turn.. This also encourages people to use all skills. I know tons of people that only scavenge and dig and have never hunted in their entire game-life.. And if that is soo, than they will never get those turns, cause you are required to be lv10 or 20 respectively to earn those turns..

As for the other suggestions, they aren't permanent.. They are earned on a daily basis, indeed dependent on how much time and effort you are willing to put in the game, but I put a maximum cap on they dailies you can earn for a reason.. If there wasn't a cap, with my spare time, I could earn all the possible gathering turns there are, probably about 40.. But the will be capped at 5, so that even the people with not so much time on their hands, will not have such a huge disadvantage. It takes less than 5 minutes to bond with your familiars. That is at least 1 gathering turn in the pocket, if you have enough familiars, you might even earn yourself 2 turns right there.. A few battles in the coliseum for another extra turn.. Coliseum doesnt work or you don't like the coliseum? No worries, there is also the fairegrounds you can use to earn more turns.. There are a lot of possibilities to earn those turns and a maximum cap so that people who spend all day playing cannot get too far ahead (or the other way around, people who dont have as much time to play don't feel like they are getting punished..).. One of the mods once gave an estimate on how long the average player spends online, which was 1hour.. It should be more than possible for the average player to earn they extra 5 daily gathering turns within that hour, as they will have a lot of acvitities at their disposal.. And again, it is not about food, it is about those other items that are gathering exclusive..

And perhaps the additional gathering turns based on level are the most balanced, but if people really don't want to do anything else on the site, I don't think we need to punish the other players who do use other activities.. Plus no-one is really forced to do anything. If you think that bonding with your familirs or playing a few puzzles in the fairegrounds isnt worth your time, even ifyou get additional gathering turns for it..Then simply don't do it.. But there needs to be some kind of pay-off or reward for spending time on the site. I've simply tried to balance the activities so that people who want to but don't have much time still have a shot at earning them, and people for which some features don't work (like the coliseum) still have a chance at getting them. And it is also mainly them that will be needing food, cause if you can't have grind the coliseum, all you food will come from gathering.

Soo long story short; this suggestion isn't about empty food stores, it is about increasing your chances at gathering exclusive items (and if you want to use those turns for food that is your right and choice). There needs to be balance yes, but only for people who are willing to put in a little effort. We cannot not implement features, simply because people who do not want to use those features might be at a disadvantage.. I tried to balance it so that most activities are used, so that everyone who is willing to exert some effort can earn some turns, even people who are low on time. And there is a maximum cap on the daily turns you can earn, so that the gap between those who do and those who don't doesn't get too big..
@Gaia Yes, I understand that not all ideas were for permanent turns, BUt some of the suggestions were for permanent & those were the ones I was addressing for the permanent change.

For commenting about food I may have been confusing with mentioning food & not the scavange/dig areas along with it. Basically I was just being lazy & referencing the gather areas as a whole. Sorry, about that confusion. I was not saying that JUST food should increase at drops, but really any gather area item. Which will benefit the scavenging & digging areas too as the levels go up.

While your suggestion is for earning based on all areas reaching L10, which I understood fine, I am putting in the point that I think making a single area hit a higher level to create a benefit to me is a good choice too. Particularly when matched to my first point that the drops give more at increased levels as I first suggest. So, that you are benefiting on the area increased as you need to be benefited. So, like for you needing items off scavenging & digging areas, you don't have to increase your fish & bugs to get to get more items dropped. Which more items dropped per turn is giving you the more you are interested in, but instead of having 1 drop of 1-5 new items you will basically have 15 drops of 1 more item resulting in 15 more items instead of the 1-5 of an extra turn.

The point about the earning more turns is again going to exclude & make others feel obligated to do things they don't want to do in order to get the same things as other players are getting. They will feel left out & excluded creating unhappiness in them for the game play. That is my point by stating that the rewarding method that rewards based on gather levels is most fair to everyone. It is rewarding anyone using that part of the game equally instead of expecting them to do other parts of the game to reward that area, parts that have no relation or importance to gathering.

In short, you had a lot of different suggestions offered. I talked about those I was for. I support gaining based on leveling the gather area. I don't support earning gather terms from other random areas of the game. It creates unbalance for players & really has no significant relation to the reward. If players want more from gathering then the earning should come off gathering & their efforts put there. No one goes out into the world expecting an employer/parent to give them a raise because they played video games really good or cleaned their room every day for a month. It kind of creates a laugh from someone if a person asked for a raise for that, not taken serious at all. Rewarding for randomness is the same for me. No relation & a bit of a joke. Rewards should come from effort given to that what people want the reward from/for.
@Gaia Yes, I understand that not all ideas were for permanent turns, BUt some of the suggestions were for permanent & those were the ones I was addressing for the permanent change.

For commenting about food I may have been confusing with mentioning food & not the scavange/dig areas along with it. Basically I was just being lazy & referencing the gather areas as a whole. Sorry, about that confusion. I was not saying that JUST food should increase at drops, but really any gather area item. Which will benefit the scavenging & digging areas too as the levels go up.

While your suggestion is for earning based on all areas reaching L10, which I understood fine, I am putting in the point that I think making a single area hit a higher level to create a benefit to me is a good choice too. Particularly when matched to my first point that the drops give more at increased levels as I first suggest. So, that you are benefiting on the area increased as you need to be benefited. So, like for you needing items off scavenging & digging areas, you don't have to increase your fish & bugs to get to get more items dropped. Which more items dropped per turn is giving you the more you are interested in, but instead of having 1 drop of 1-5 new items you will basically have 15 drops of 1 more item resulting in 15 more items instead of the 1-5 of an extra turn.

The point about the earning more turns is again going to exclude & make others feel obligated to do things they don't want to do in order to get the same things as other players are getting. They will feel left out & excluded creating unhappiness in them for the game play. That is my point by stating that the rewarding method that rewards based on gather levels is most fair to everyone. It is rewarding anyone using that part of the game equally instead of expecting them to do other parts of the game to reward that area, parts that have no relation or importance to gathering.

In short, you had a lot of different suggestions offered. I talked about those I was for. I support gaining based on leveling the gather area. I don't support earning gather terms from other random areas of the game. It creates unbalance for players & really has no significant relation to the reward. If players want more from gathering then the earning should come off gathering & their efforts put there. No one goes out into the world expecting an employer/parent to give them a raise because they played video games really good or cleaned their room every day for a month. It kind of creates a laugh from someone if a person asked for a raise for that, not taken serious at all. Rewarding for randomness is the same for me. No relation & a bit of a joke. Rewards should come from effort given to that what people want the reward from/for.
What if you trade up items you JUST gathered today for an extra turn?

This would NOT include stuff already in your hoard, but things you've only just gathered during today's gathering session. It could remember what all you picked up in this 24 hour session. It could ask 'Do you want to keep this, or trade X number of items? Whichever ones you trade in are your choice, and you trade that number of items for another gathering chance or two?

Like X number of items you just picked up for ONE extra turn? Choose which items to turn in, and earn a turn.

XX number of items you just picked up for 2 extra turns? Same process. You'd only get one or two chances, max. The likelyhood of getting something more expensive on one extra turn, after turning in a lot of items, is probably slim. But you might get that one thing you wanted.

That way, if it's really something you would have sold to the vendor, rather than trading it in for treasure, you get a chance to gather for something you may actually use. Less stuff building up in your hoard.

Only once per day. This would happen the moment all your gathering turns are used up.

It could hold on to them without putting them in your hoard until you confirm to trade or to keep. Then, like food conversion, the items can be added to the storage in hoard en masse. This is to prevent people from gathering things and then selling them, then subsequently trying to trade them in for more turns when they really don't have them in their hoard anymore.

Or, if you try to trade in items you've picked up today but have already sold said items to the vendor, Crim, used them, or auctioned them off then you forfeit the chance to trade up for an extra gathering turn. It wouldn't matter if you have 99 of that item in your hoard, in that case. It would assume the new one you just picked up was on top of the pile and the first being used, in this scenario. This could cause problems for people, if they gather things then go to crim, then go back to gathering, then want to trade up but accidentally sold that broken bottle they just gathered... but the system could work either way.

I think it would be more efficient to hold the items until confirmed for that day, and if it's not confirmed for that day then before you can gather again, you have to confirm it for the previous day's gathering and put your items in your hoard, but if you let it pass into the next 24 hour period you don't get extra turns or a chance to trade in or use extra turns you may have already traded for! It's incentive to do it on time. It's simple sounding, would it be simple to implement?
What if you trade up items you JUST gathered today for an extra turn?

This would NOT include stuff already in your hoard, but things you've only just gathered during today's gathering session. It could remember what all you picked up in this 24 hour session. It could ask 'Do you want to keep this, or trade X number of items? Whichever ones you trade in are your choice, and you trade that number of items for another gathering chance or two?

Like X number of items you just picked up for ONE extra turn? Choose which items to turn in, and earn a turn.

XX number of items you just picked up for 2 extra turns? Same process. You'd only get one or two chances, max. The likelyhood of getting something more expensive on one extra turn, after turning in a lot of items, is probably slim. But you might get that one thing you wanted.

That way, if it's really something you would have sold to the vendor, rather than trading it in for treasure, you get a chance to gather for something you may actually use. Less stuff building up in your hoard.

Only once per day. This would happen the moment all your gathering turns are used up.

It could hold on to them without putting them in your hoard until you confirm to trade or to keep. Then, like food conversion, the items can be added to the storage in hoard en masse. This is to prevent people from gathering things and then selling them, then subsequently trying to trade them in for more turns when they really don't have them in their hoard anymore.

Or, if you try to trade in items you've picked up today but have already sold said items to the vendor, Crim, used them, or auctioned them off then you forfeit the chance to trade up for an extra gathering turn. It wouldn't matter if you have 99 of that item in your hoard, in that case. It would assume the new one you just picked up was on top of the pile and the first being used, in this scenario. This could cause problems for people, if they gather things then go to crim, then go back to gathering, then want to trade up but accidentally sold that broken bottle they just gathered... but the system could work either way.

I think it would be more efficient to hold the items until confirmed for that day, and if it's not confirmed for that day then before you can gather again, you have to confirm it for the previous day's gathering and put your items in your hoard, but if you let it pass into the next 24 hour period you don't get extra turns or a chance to trade in or use extra turns you may have already traded for! It's incentive to do it on time. It's simple sounding, would it be simple to implement?
@Brokenstar9; I keep writing these incredibly long replies xD So let's try to keep it short.. I think we simply differ in opinion on that matter, because a huge part of the suggestion is trying to integrate the different parts of this one game (and not two totally unrelated things like work and personal life) and trying to involve people in all those parts..

In addition; if people who do not want to use the different ways to earn gathering turns feel left out, that is their own choice cause they choose not to use them while they are up for grabs.. Should we remove every activity that some people might want wanna use just in case they might feel left out? No. It is their choice and their loss.

And last; people don't have to use different parts of the game they don't like in order to still earn extra gathering turns, cause there will be so many different ways to earn them. (unless they are unwilling to play any part of the game, in which case Im wondering what the hell they're doing here xD) And that is also why the maximum cap on the turns you can earn daily is in place. Because people who can and want to use all the parts of the game don't get to far ahead, and people who cannot or don't want to use all the parts of the game, but just a few, still will be able to earn their extra gathering turns..

And the reason I mentioned food, was because several times you said not needing extra gathering turns cause you don't need so much food.. And it is also not about scavenging or digging, cause Im drowning in that stuff too, but it is for example the hippojay and megashrimp that are found through fishing, or the dappled dunhoof, the dark-touched chimera, the manticore. Or even holiday currency during holidays (especially important for people who cannot use the coliseum). So it is not about abundance of gathering items in general (or a shortage for that matter) it is because our chances at certain items are capped at 15, and having ways to keep you occupied to increase that chance and earn gathering turns..

And finally (yes we've reached the last part of my ramble) is I don't agree with boosts per acitivity that reaches level 10.. simply because that will get people flooded in items. If they get both more item and more turns the moment one gathering activity hits lv10, they stil have 5 more activities (and thus extra 5 more gathering turns) to go and that is simply too much.. And by needing to level all the activities to level 10 first, is a shot at balancing the different activities people use (which is also done in part by adding those rare drops)

So long story short: there are different parts of this suggestion, and different goals, and I think we simply disagree on that matter. In addition I don't think that suggestions should not be implemented/parts of the game removed because some people might be unwilling to use them. That is their choice and their loss. Plus the only way to not earn any extra gathering turns is if you don't want to use any part of the game, in which case I wonder why that person is even playing the game.. There are enough ways to earn gathering turns, without having to use parts you don't like.

@Guiliastes;; That has already been suggestion by someone.. I really like the idea! And I will definitly add your additional rules to it.. Those probably makes it a bit more of a trade off too, rather than being able to pick any item from you hoard in exchange for another turn.. c: Im not sure how easy it would be to implement, cause Im an entire coding noob.. But then again, I also don't know how easy any part of this suggestion is to implement.. It's more aimed at serving as a source of inspiration for the admins in case they feel like anything should be done about this.. c:
@Brokenstar9; I keep writing these incredibly long replies xD So let's try to keep it short.. I think we simply differ in opinion on that matter, because a huge part of the suggestion is trying to integrate the different parts of this one game (and not two totally unrelated things like work and personal life) and trying to involve people in all those parts..

In addition; if people who do not want to use the different ways to earn gathering turns feel left out, that is their own choice cause they choose not to use them while they are up for grabs.. Should we remove every activity that some people might want wanna use just in case they might feel left out? No. It is their choice and their loss.

And last; people don't have to use different parts of the game they don't like in order to still earn extra gathering turns, cause there will be so many different ways to earn them. (unless they are unwilling to play any part of the game, in which case Im wondering what the hell they're doing here xD) And that is also why the maximum cap on the turns you can earn daily is in place. Because people who can and want to use all the parts of the game don't get to far ahead, and people who cannot or don't want to use all the parts of the game, but just a few, still will be able to earn their extra gathering turns..

And the reason I mentioned food, was because several times you said not needing extra gathering turns cause you don't need so much food.. And it is also not about scavenging or digging, cause Im drowning in that stuff too, but it is for example the hippojay and megashrimp that are found through fishing, or the dappled dunhoof, the dark-touched chimera, the manticore. Or even holiday currency during holidays (especially important for people who cannot use the coliseum). So it is not about abundance of gathering items in general (or a shortage for that matter) it is because our chances at certain items are capped at 15, and having ways to keep you occupied to increase that chance and earn gathering turns..

And finally (yes we've reached the last part of my ramble) is I don't agree with boosts per acitivity that reaches level 10.. simply because that will get people flooded in items. If they get both more item and more turns the moment one gathering activity hits lv10, they stil have 5 more activities (and thus extra 5 more gathering turns) to go and that is simply too much.. And by needing to level all the activities to level 10 first, is a shot at balancing the different activities people use (which is also done in part by adding those rare drops)

So long story short: there are different parts of this suggestion, and different goals, and I think we simply disagree on that matter. In addition I don't think that suggestions should not be implemented/parts of the game removed because some people might be unwilling to use them. That is their choice and their loss. Plus the only way to not earn any extra gathering turns is if you don't want to use any part of the game, in which case I wonder why that person is even playing the game.. There are enough ways to earn gathering turns, without having to use parts you don't like.

@Guiliastes;; That has already been suggestion by someone.. I really like the idea! And I will definitly add your additional rules to it.. Those probably makes it a bit more of a trade off too, rather than being able to pick any item from you hoard in exchange for another turn.. c: Im not sure how easy it would be to implement, cause Im an entire coding noob.. But then again, I also don't know how easy any part of this suggestion is to implement.. It's more aimed at serving as a source of inspiration for the admins in case they feel like anything should be done about this.. c:
Support so very hard. I have so many dragons that eat seafood that I fear if I keep expanding with my favorite breeds, I'll have to dedicate so much time to getting tons of food (literally tons) that I can't get much for my other species or level my other food gatherings.
Support so very hard. I have so many dragons that eat seafood that I fear if I keep expanding with my favorite breeds, I'll have to dedicate so much time to getting tons of food (literally tons) that I can't get much for my other species or level my other food gatherings.
tidelordv2_zpsaea66902.png
@Gaia Absolutely I agree we disagree, but you asked for people's thoughts & that is what I gave.

For your comments about it being choice what people do in game. That is not always a choice for people. Some players are forced to make decisions based on what abilities they have with real live tools & availability. It isn't nice to players that a game ignore these point as everyone has them as crutches sometime in their life. They shouldn't be excluded or ignored just because they don't have game-perfect situations to deal with.

For example, if a computer cannot handle a lot of image loading, earning that require that will not be available to them because their system cannot process it. People that limited time to the game, like an hour time per day are pretty much never going to find time to add time costing extra jobs to earn things. This is not choice for them to not do this. Their play time limitations are preventing more from happening that the other players are able to achieve. These are just a couple samples of situations where not doing random stuff is not a choice, but a forced situation. These are average players that would be excluded if a system was added that involved randomness to provide gain.

However they would still be included if the rewards came of levels & effort, because they would still get the rewards once full effort was completed. Yes, it would take them 2-3 (or more) times as long to earn those abilities than someone able to devote a lot to the game, but they will still be happy & satisfied since the goal is achievable for them & their game growth is still in relation to the reward, just as it is for all other players, making it fair play & reward.

To say that the number of people included in these limitations is not a majority may be accurate but it doesn't negate the importance to ensuring they are happy too. Every player here contributes to the success & popularity of this game as long as they are content with its service. Yet, it only takes about 10% of a population being unhappy to convert a companies reputation into something bad. So, minority happiness is just as important as majority. No, we don't have to make compensations for the extreme & unpredictable, but the common issues & repetitive problems should always be addressed to ensuring all players are considered & treated fairly too because it is correct & considerate to include them as well as the majorities.
@Gaia Absolutely I agree we disagree, but you asked for people's thoughts & that is what I gave.

For your comments about it being choice what people do in game. That is not always a choice for people. Some players are forced to make decisions based on what abilities they have with real live tools & availability. It isn't nice to players that a game ignore these point as everyone has them as crutches sometime in their life. They shouldn't be excluded or ignored just because they don't have game-perfect situations to deal with.

For example, if a computer cannot handle a lot of image loading, earning that require that will not be available to them because their system cannot process it. People that limited time to the game, like an hour time per day are pretty much never going to find time to add time costing extra jobs to earn things. This is not choice for them to not do this. Their play time limitations are preventing more from happening that the other players are able to achieve. These are just a couple samples of situations where not doing random stuff is not a choice, but a forced situation. These are average players that would be excluded if a system was added that involved randomness to provide gain.

However they would still be included if the rewards came of levels & effort, because they would still get the rewards once full effort was completed. Yes, it would take them 2-3 (or more) times as long to earn those abilities than someone able to devote a lot to the game, but they will still be happy & satisfied since the goal is achievable for them & their game growth is still in relation to the reward, just as it is for all other players, making it fair play & reward.

To say that the number of people included in these limitations is not a majority may be accurate but it doesn't negate the importance to ensuring they are happy too. Every player here contributes to the success & popularity of this game as long as they are content with its service. Yet, it only takes about 10% of a population being unhappy to convert a companies reputation into something bad. So, minority happiness is just as important as majority. No, we don't have to make compensations for the extreme & unpredictable, but the common issues & repetitive problems should always be addressed to ensuring all players are considered & treated fairly too because it is correct & considerate to include them as well as the majorities.
@Brokenstar9 I think you misunderstood: first of all, I appreciate it very much that you want to take your time and write these long essays to me about things that are wrong with the suggestion, so don't think I don't like it!! It has made me re-think a lot about this suggestion, and I've edited a few things here and there to better represent what the reason/thought behind it is! I actually think this discussion is very useful and constructive! c: Probably the best feedback I've had so far

Second, another misunderstanding. A lot of these activities are meant to not take a lot of time, so that people who are time constraint can still enjoy the benefits of this suggestion. I thought you were trying to say that some people don't want to use the coliseum (or any other part) and therefore might feel left out if the coliseum gave any benefits.. And if there are people who don't want to use any part of the game, then I'd be thinking; your choice your loss. (Cause I really really thought you meant people who did not want to play) But I agree that people who are time constraint shouldn't feel even farther behind, because they are missing out on events.. So myself Im not to sure on those random time based events, that's true.. But bonding with familiars doesn't take to long. And ofcourse this is a suggestion (and site) in the making. So with adventure mode coming out and perhaps other features being implemented in the game, there will be more activities that are not very time consuming that could still earn you those turns.. And that is also why I was asking for other ways to earn turns, cause if you don't have a lot of familiars, you won't be able to reach the max cap of 5, and if you computer cannot handle the faireground and the coliseum, there need to be other ways to still earn those things (hence why there are suggestions involving swipp and crim, available to anyone, if Im correct)..

So in the end I think we do agree on a lot of points but simply miscommunicated.. So yes, everybody should have a fair shot at earning these turns, even if they are time-constrained or with limited internet access or old computers or whatever it may be that is stopping them from playing. This is where the different activites come in. Another addition is that people who aren't constrained don't get to far ahead with all there spare time, hence the cap of 5 (or less, I don't mind, maybe even 1 turn per day c:). And the reason I picked all those 'non gathering activities' is first to motivate people to use activities they normally don't use, and to involve more parts of the site with each other. Cause at this point, most things are quite seperated.. You have the coliseum, the fairegrounds, the trading posts, the auction house.. All features, but non of them are related, and I was also trying to find a way to somehow link them together..

Butttt I do agree, that the random event thing might be a downside for timeconstrained people, however, if enough activities are implemented that earn you points, that should be a problem.. But I will add a big note (I thought it was mentioned somewhere already, but I'll just add a bigger one) that these activities need to be balanced fairly so that time and resource constrained people still have a chance at extra gathering turns..

And also,, perhaps that needs to be more clear too, this is simply an array of things to add, it is by no means that all of them need to be added.. If additional turns can be earned as you level up, we do not also need even more turns on a daily basis (perhaps in the future.. but for now ..) Well anyways, I need to round up! I appreciate all the time and effort you put into critizing this suggestion! I hope that after some revising, and my explanation, you can agree a bit more.. And I hope this if it ever gets implemented, the devs will do so in a balanced way! c:

(Also I was in no way implying that small groups of players are unimportant! I tried writing this suggestion with that small group in the back of my head that still cannot access the coliseum or get the fairegrounds to work..)
@Brokenstar9 I think you misunderstood: first of all, I appreciate it very much that you want to take your time and write these long essays to me about things that are wrong with the suggestion, so don't think I don't like it!! It has made me re-think a lot about this suggestion, and I've edited a few things here and there to better represent what the reason/thought behind it is! I actually think this discussion is very useful and constructive! c: Probably the best feedback I've had so far

Second, another misunderstanding. A lot of these activities are meant to not take a lot of time, so that people who are time constraint can still enjoy the benefits of this suggestion. I thought you were trying to say that some people don't want to use the coliseum (or any other part) and therefore might feel left out if the coliseum gave any benefits.. And if there are people who don't want to use any part of the game, then I'd be thinking; your choice your loss. (Cause I really really thought you meant people who did not want to play) But I agree that people who are time constraint shouldn't feel even farther behind, because they are missing out on events.. So myself Im not to sure on those random time based events, that's true.. But bonding with familiars doesn't take to long. And ofcourse this is a suggestion (and site) in the making. So with adventure mode coming out and perhaps other features being implemented in the game, there will be more activities that are not very time consuming that could still earn you those turns.. And that is also why I was asking for other ways to earn turns, cause if you don't have a lot of familiars, you won't be able to reach the max cap of 5, and if you computer cannot handle the faireground and the coliseum, there need to be other ways to still earn those things (hence why there are suggestions involving swipp and crim, available to anyone, if Im correct)..

So in the end I think we do agree on a lot of points but simply miscommunicated.. So yes, everybody should have a fair shot at earning these turns, even if they are time-constrained or with limited internet access or old computers or whatever it may be that is stopping them from playing. This is where the different activites come in. Another addition is that people who aren't constrained don't get to far ahead with all there spare time, hence the cap of 5 (or less, I don't mind, maybe even 1 turn per day c:). And the reason I picked all those 'non gathering activities' is first to motivate people to use activities they normally don't use, and to involve more parts of the site with each other. Cause at this point, most things are quite seperated.. You have the coliseum, the fairegrounds, the trading posts, the auction house.. All features, but non of them are related, and I was also trying to find a way to somehow link them together..

Butttt I do agree, that the random event thing might be a downside for timeconstrained people, however, if enough activities are implemented that earn you points, that should be a problem.. But I will add a big note (I thought it was mentioned somewhere already, but I'll just add a bigger one) that these activities need to be balanced fairly so that time and resource constrained people still have a chance at extra gathering turns..

And also,, perhaps that needs to be more clear too, this is simply an array of things to add, it is by no means that all of them need to be added.. If additional turns can be earned as you level up, we do not also need even more turns on a daily basis (perhaps in the future.. but for now ..) Well anyways, I need to round up! I appreciate all the time and effort you put into critizing this suggestion! I hope that after some revising, and my explanation, you can agree a bit more.. And I hope this if it ever gets implemented, the devs will do so in a balanced way! c:

(Also I was in no way implying that small groups of players are unimportant! I tried writing this suggestion with that small group in the back of my head that still cannot access the coliseum or get the fairegrounds to work..)
Support.
Support.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I'll admit I didn't read the whole post: I stopped at "increase with lair expansions" and had to jump straight down to comment with SUPPORT. '

It makes sense that the more dragons that can live in your lair, the more resources they could (and would need to) gather. It would also help make the staggering costs of upper tier lair expansions hurt less, knowing you get a little extra on the side for your trouble.
I'll admit I didn't read the whole post: I stopped at "increase with lair expansions" and had to jump straight down to comment with SUPPORT. '

It makes sense that the more dragons that can live in your lair, the more resources they could (and would need to) gather. It would also help make the staggering costs of upper tier lair expansions hurt less, knowing you get a little extra on the side for your trouble.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14