Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Straka's Observatory- PCH Spacesuit
@Straka

Should I send over the payment now?
@Straka

Should I send over the payment now?
lightning.gif xxxxxxxxxxxx S89U54x.png -
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he
» FR+8

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx water.gif
I am on my knees.. please bump the supernova slots to 10 and lower the price Ç-Ç I can't afford it fam
I am on my knees.. please bump the supernova slots to 10 and lower the price Ç-Ç I can't afford it fam
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@Straka: Thank you so much! We go in 3 hours to see the comet, here are no clouds and we hope we can see it. I`m so exited!! :-) And glad to get a slot for the Accent. Woohoo. :-)
@Straka: Thank you so much! We go in 3 hours to see the comet, here are no clouds and we hope we can see it. I`m so exited!! :-) And glad to get a slot for the Accent. Woohoo. :-)
IGfzYju.png
@Straka omg thank you for reserving me a slot for Neowise!! Yes, I absolutely wanted one I just missed the five slot mark :D you’re awesome!! Need payment now?
@Straka omg thank you for reserving me a slot for Neowise!! Yes, I absolutely wanted one I just missed the five slot mark :D you’re awesome!! Need payment now?
63siggy.png aKsWI7Z.png We are all that we have on this Earth.
Be kind.
I7GD71Q.png
@Autumnus - you can! ^^

@andersbegabt - that’s great, good luck seeing it! we’re hoping to go out and see it tomorrow, I’m gonna bring my telescope and try to get a good look at it c:

@Amayai - sghkdjfhg ok I’m gonna be honest here: I had no idea what I was doing or what the reception would be when I started making these; I was expecting it’d be like in the art sales forums where I’d have to advertise these all over the place to get enough preorders to order even 5 of any of them, which is why I initially set the price so high so I could make some profit off the one set of 5 I was hoping to sell. I wasn’t expecting this level of interest at all ;.; and now if I raise it to 10 slots and lower the price next time I don’t want it to be unfair to the people who already paid the 1kg for it the first time, but also it’s not fair to keep the prices high for that reason alone and I may or may not be a little stressed about this hsgkjdfhk i’m sorry—
basically I’ve only been doing this for 3 days and I’m still figuring things out right now, but if the demand is high enough I’m probably going to try to bump the slots up to 10 and lower the price to ~750g for one of the more popular colors next time and see how that sells ‘:v
@Autumnus - you can! ^^

@andersbegabt - that’s great, good luck seeing it! we’re hoping to go out and see it tomorrow, I’m gonna bring my telescope and try to get a good look at it c:

@Amayai - sghkdjfhg ok I’m gonna be honest here: I had no idea what I was doing or what the reception would be when I started making these; I was expecting it’d be like in the art sales forums where I’d have to advertise these all over the place to get enough preorders to order even 5 of any of them, which is why I initially set the price so high so I could make some profit off the one set of 5 I was hoping to sell. I wasn’t expecting this level of interest at all ;.; and now if I raise it to 10 slots and lower the price next time I don’t want it to be unfair to the people who already paid the 1kg for it the first time, but also it’s not fair to keep the prices high for that reason alone and I may or may not be a little stressed about this hsgkjdfhk i’m sorry—
basically I’ve only been doing this for 3 days and I’m still figuring things out right now, but if the demand is high enough I’m probably going to try to bump the slots up to 10 and lower the price to ~750g for one of the more popular colors next time and see how that sells ‘:v
art of an astronaut holding a paintbrush, pointing at themselves, with the text 'BUY MY ART, COWARD'
@ItMeansHope - gshdfkjgh i can barely keep up with you guys !! but yeah you can send over payment now c:
@ItMeansHope - gshdfkjgh i can barely keep up with you guys !! but yeah you can send over payment now c:
art of an astronaut holding a paintbrush, pointing at themselves, with the text 'BUY MY ART, COWARD'
Okay, here goes. Sorry this isn't an exciting ping- and sorry I have been pinging y'all so often over the past 3 days, I'll slow down after this last one I promise! [b]It's not entirely boring though, see the last bullet point if you're just here for the skins c:[/b] @KameTurtle @SirLeafheart @starsystems @UndeadDahlia @Cethosia @Overcoat @ItMeansHope @elfmoss @yumehisakawa @Malachite @Anjoulas @Amayai @scarletskyz @EnglishRose @Tofubear @Crimsonpixie @Autumnus @Wrath @mystiki @KayOkay24 @Turnaboutkid @Infinipede @astraltremor @RoyalSorceress @Zelrune First of all: sorry this has been a mess, guys. [b]I'm going to be temporarily putting this shop on hold for just a couple days so I can reorganize and figure things out.[/b] Once that's done I'll accept payment CRs and send out pings for the other skins with full preorder slots. When I started this topic with the Supernova skins, I was not expecting this kind of reception. I'm used to the art forums, where it took me [i]weeks[/i] of advertising in every possible forum topic before my shop got fairly popular, and I did [i]not[/i] know the skin/accent side of FR wasn't like that. I thought I'd have to advertise everywhere just to sell 5 copies. I wasn't expecting the reception I got with these, and I wasn't prepared to handle it. (and a quick thank you to ItMeansHope for the feedback, it helped a lot!!) I really enjoy making skins though, and I do want to make this a permanent shop, so now I have to sweep up the mess I made because I had no idea what I was doing :p Changes that will be made (important stuff is bolded): [list][*]I'm gonna take a little bit to reorganize the first post to add all necessary information and make things clearer and more readable. If this is gonna be a permanent skin shop, it deserves to look like one! [*][b]I'm going to start releasing these on a schedule[/b] rather than back-to-back, probably a new skin/accent every week or two to give people a chance to gather funds and such. I got really excited at the start and released like 20 in 3 days and now I feel kinda bad because I probably drained some peoples' gem reserves pretty heavily. Sorry about that! [s]it's going to hurt my soul though because patience is not my strong suit hgsdfjk[/s] [*]I got some feedback and I've decided the [b]Supernova series of skins is going to remain at 1kg[/b] to remain fair to the people who have already paid for them. To justify this, I think it would be a good idea to maybe [b]retire the Supernova ones[/b] at 5 or 10 copies each. I know it won't make everyone happy, but I'm trying to patch up my mistakes as best as I can ;.; Not to worry though, I will make other space-themed female Skydancer skins/accents in the future! [*][b]For most other skins/accents in the future- at least the space-themed ones- I'll do 10-slot runs for 750g for skins and ~400-500g for accents.[/b] [*][color=green]This part's important: [b]since I haven't taken any payments for the Telescope skins yet, their prices will be bumped down to 750g and I've added 5 more slots for each.[/b] @Quickpaint @Watercolour @adabat @Suspended @WHDE (pinged everyone not on the main pinglist who ordered one of the Telescope skins) [/color] I'd definitely appreciate any other advice or feedback you guys have! And I'm sorry about the Supernova ones, but I'll make other Skydancer female skins, I promise ;.;
Okay, here goes. Sorry this isn't an exciting ping- and sorry I have been pinging y'all so often over the past 3 days, I'll slow down after this last one I promise!
It's not entirely boring though, see the last bullet point if you're just here for the skins c:

@KameTurtle @SirLeafheart @starsystems @UndeadDahlia @Cethosia @Overcoat @ItMeansHope @elfmoss @yumehisakawa @Malachite @Anjoulas @Amayai @scarletskyz @EnglishRose @Tofubear @Crimsonpixie @Autumnus @Wrath @mystiki @KayOkay24 @Turnaboutkid @Infinipede @astraltremor @RoyalSorceress @Zelrune

First of all: sorry this has been a mess, guys.
I'm going to be temporarily putting this shop on hold for just a couple days so I can reorganize and figure things out. Once that's done I'll accept payment CRs and send out pings for the other skins with full preorder slots.

When I started this topic with the Supernova skins, I was not expecting this kind of reception. I'm used to the art forums, where it took me weeks of advertising in every possible forum topic before my shop got fairly popular, and I did not know the skin/accent side of FR wasn't like that. I thought I'd have to advertise everywhere just to sell 5 copies. I wasn't expecting the reception I got with these, and I wasn't prepared to handle it. (and a quick thank you to ItMeansHope for the feedback, it helped a lot!!)
I really enjoy making skins though, and I do want to make this a permanent shop, so now I have to sweep up the mess I made because I had no idea what I was doing :p

Changes that will be made (important stuff is bolded):
  • I'm gonna take a little bit to reorganize the first post to add all necessary information and make things clearer and more readable. If this is gonna be a permanent skin shop, it deserves to look like one!
  • I'm going to start releasing these on a schedule rather than back-to-back, probably a new skin/accent every week or two to give people a chance to gather funds and such. I got really excited at the start and released like 20 in 3 days and now I feel kinda bad because I probably drained some peoples' gem reserves pretty heavily. Sorry about that! it's going to hurt my soul though because patience is not my strong suit hgsdfjk
  • I got some feedback and I've decided the Supernova series of skins is going to remain at 1kg to remain fair to the people who have already paid for them. To justify this, I think it would be a good idea to maybe retire the Supernova ones at 5 or 10 copies each. I know it won't make everyone happy, but I'm trying to patch up my mistakes as best as I can ;.; Not to worry though, I will make other space-themed female Skydancer skins/accents in the future!
  • For most other skins/accents in the future- at least the space-themed ones- I'll do 10-slot runs for 750g for skins and ~400-500g for accents.
  • This part's important: since I haven't taken any payments for the Telescope skins yet, their prices will be bumped down to 750g and I've added 5 more slots for each.
    @Quickpaint @Watercolour @adabat @Suspended @WHDE (pinged everyone not on the main pinglist who ordered one of the Telescope skins)

I'd definitely appreciate any other advice or feedback you guys have! And I'm sorry about the Supernova ones, but I'll make other Skydancer female skins, I promise ;.;
I think you should for now slow down with new releases and get to printing the ones you have because you'll get absolutely overwhelmed if you keep this pace up and have people pinging you and sending payment for 30 different UMAs. Other than that, take your time, take a breather and sort everything out. :)
I think you should for now slow down with new releases and get to printing the ones you have because you'll get absolutely overwhelmed if you keep this pace up and have people pinging you and sending payment for 30 different UMAs. Other than that, take your time, take a breather and sort everything out. :)
@Straka I think you came up with the best plan possible, given the situation :) I fully agree with your decisions regarding the Supernova series! And it is a good idea for future accents/the telescope series to drop the prices. 750g for skins and 400-500g for accents is very typical pricing for 10-run skins/accents that don't retire! I also agree with slowing down slightly, if only so that you don't end up feeling like you're managing a vast empire with all the daily pings and CR's you'd be getting :P Congratulations on a successful opening of a skin/accent shop! And again, I guarantee you'll never have to worry about profits. Space UMA's are VERY popular, and your style is one of the best on this entire site!
@Straka I think you came up with the best plan possible, given the situation :) I fully agree with your decisions regarding the Supernova series! And it is a good idea for future accents/the telescope series to drop the prices. 750g for skins and 400-500g for accents is very typical pricing for 10-run skins/accents that don't retire! I also agree with slowing down slightly, if only so that you don't end up feeling like you're managing a vast empire with all the daily pings and CR's you'd be getting :P Congratulations on a successful opening of a skin/accent shop! And again, I guarantee you'll never have to worry about profits. Space UMA's are VERY popular, and your style is one of the best on this entire site!
63siggy.png aKsWI7Z.png We are all that we have on this Earth.
Be kind.
I7GD71Q.png
Your skins are really good. There aren't many people who do space themed accents like you do. I can actually only think of one other person from the top of my head. Take your time trying to sort things out.
Your skins are really good. There aren't many people who do space themed accents like you do. I can actually only think of one other person from the top of my head. Take your time trying to sort things out.
407Ohsj.png