Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Brightshine Jubilee Discussion
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
@JasmineFlower
thanks yours too
i really like the ink accents
@JasmineFlower
thanks yours too
i really like the ink accents
Ugh, I know it's partly my own fault since I wasn't working on this much until today, but trying to finish the details and get the light themed elements added in under an hour meant I was very rushed.

I had planed to work on it all night til the deadline... then a rare thunderstorm moved through and I had to coddle my anxious lab mix. I couldn't be in my room on the computer or he would panic. :/
Four hours turned to one by the time the thunder stopped and Bear was okay with me being on the computer.

I would have loved to do more, but ah well. I feel even if it doesn't win I should be able to sell at least a couple accents based on it (scales only and with the gold added.)

I wanted to do better for my flight's festival though.
Ugh, I know it's partly my own fault since I wasn't working on this much until today, but trying to finish the details and get the light themed elements added in under an hour meant I was very rushed.

I had planed to work on it all night til the deadline... then a rare thunderstorm moved through and I had to coddle my anxious lab mix. I couldn't be in my room on the computer or he would panic. :/
Four hours turned to one by the time the thunder stopped and Bear was okay with me being on the computer.

I would have loved to do more, but ah well. I feel even if it doesn't win I should be able to sell at least a couple accents based on it (scales only and with the gold added.)

I wanted to do better for my flight's festival though.
@Ankokou
Aw, sounds like everything was conspiring against you. D: It really sucks to hear you had so much trouble, especially with it being your flight, but I really love your submission as it is. I just tried it on my (only) guardian and mAN. Like, I like her being basic and clean/simple, but wow, she looks amazing with this. Good luck. c:

(What is it with dogs and thunderstorms, those poor things. I've heard you're actually supposed to act completely normal when that happens, because you acting different toward them during one actually freaks them out more. I've never tried, it's impossible not to cuddle them up. It sucks you had to rush, but I'm kinda happy to hear you put your dog first. c:)
@Ankokou
Aw, sounds like everything was conspiring against you. D: It really sucks to hear you had so much trouble, especially with it being your flight, but I really love your submission as it is. I just tried it on my (only) guardian and mAN. Like, I like her being basic and clean/simple, but wow, she looks amazing with this. Good luck. c:

(What is it with dogs and thunderstorms, those poor things. I've heard you're actually supposed to act completely normal when that happens, because you acting different toward them during one actually freaks them out more. I've never tried, it's impossible not to cuddle them up. It sucks you had to rush, but I'm kinda happy to hear you put your dog first. c:)
ezgDKeD.png
Selling Leap Day Gen 1, up to haggle.
[stone|white|teal ; female nocturne ; Earth flight (matching eyes)]
So beautiful entries again that I am already sad they cannot make it all^^

Last time I tried for a skin the first time (more practising than good looking lol), this time I wanted to try for an accent, but gave up cus I just don't understand some of the rules.

When it says it should be darker than the color it is placed on, does that mean you cannot do any whitish accents, because they would always be lighter?

And I always seemed to draw over the edges of the accent layer - how are you guys managing that, do you draw an outline first? Usually you can protect invisible parts, but I couldn't get that to work, probably too unused to Photoshop.
So beautiful entries again that I am already sad they cannot make it all^^

Last time I tried for a skin the first time (more practising than good looking lol), this time I wanted to try for an accent, but gave up cus I just don't understand some of the rules.

When it says it should be darker than the color it is placed on, does that mean you cannot do any whitish accents, because they would always be lighter?

And I always seemed to draw over the edges of the accent layer - how are you guys managing that, do you draw an outline first? Usually you can protect invisible parts, but I couldn't get that to work, probably too unused to Photoshop.
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
@KiriKiri did my favorite accent for this contest! Rooting for it!!
@KiriKiri did my favorite accent for this contest! Rooting for it!!
Guess I can (cross) post these here, submitted them last night but forgot there were two threads hahah Male Fae skin, 'Lumen' [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/af4055bb67ca08393d4b988a015658ff/tumblr_n7i5mbsj441t1sse3o1_400.png[/img] Female Skydancer skin, 'Luna' [img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/b71ed82f200db23608aeff90258654d1/tumblr_n7i5mbsj441t1sse3o2_400.png[/img] First time every making skins, it was fun and interesting! Kind of worry 'Lumen' might get disqualified for the glow spots on the wings being too bright. (They're definitely under the shadow layer though! If anything I could have darkened the shadow layer just a bit more ^^;) I'd like to try my hand at more skins in the future so feel free to give me some feedback! :)
Guess I can (cross) post these here, submitted them last night but forgot there were two threads hahah

Male Fae skin, 'Lumen'

tumblr_n7i5mbsj441t1sse3o1_400.png

Female Skydancer skin, 'Luna'

tumblr_n7i5mbsj441t1sse3o2_400.png

First time every making skins, it was fun and interesting! Kind of worry 'Lumen' might get disqualified for the glow spots on the wings being too bright. (They're definitely under the shadow layer though! If anything I could have darkened the shadow layer just a bit more ^^;)

I'd like to try my hand at more skins in the future so feel free to give me some feedback! :)
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
@arcaneidolriots
Nice! I really like the fae one, and doubt it'd be disqualified for brightness - there's no rule about brightness as long as the shadows & lineart are visible.

...As an aside, the jubilee is this sunday, right? Or is it the next one?
@arcaneidolriots
Nice! I really like the fae one, and doubt it'd be disqualified for brightness - there's no rule about brightness as long as the shadows & lineart are visible.

...As an aside, the jubilee is this sunday, right? Or is it the next one?
@Khroma

Thank you! The Fae is also my favorite. Gotta represent my flight's breed :D

And Jubilee starts this Sunday, June 22!
@Khroma

Thank you! The Fae is also my favorite. Gotta represent my flight's breed :D

And Jubilee starts this Sunday, June 22!
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I've gotten so many nice compliments on my Snapper skin.... @TallestSky and @Wolfenlied , you both made my day when I checked my alerts ;;v;;

There are so many beautiful skins up for submission.... I've been nervously bouncing around all day, waiting to see who is going to win! With so much talent going into the skins and accents, it's bound to be a crop of absolutely gorgeous winners....
I've gotten so many nice compliments on my Snapper skin.... @TallestSky and @Wolfenlied , you both made my day when I checked my alerts ;;v;;

There are so many beautiful skins up for submission.... I've been nervously bouncing around all day, waiting to see who is going to win! With so much talent going into the skins and accents, it's bound to be a crop of absolutely gorgeous winners....
nbc-giantpumpkin.gif
@krat Thank you very much! I´m rooting for it too haha

@Vampire Thank you!! Several people showed interest in my entry, so if it doesn´t win I still might publish it the usual way :) (Not before Tuesday though, that´s when I have my math final
@krat Thank you very much! I´m rooting for it too haha

@Vampire Thank you!! Several people showed interest in my entry, so if it doesn´t win I still might publish it the usual way :) (Not before Tuesday though, that´s when I have my math final
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61