Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Brightshine Jubilee Discussion
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 60 61
I want to enter a skin for this event but I have absolutely no clue how to save a picture as a png24? I've saved it as a regular png picture. And after I saved the picture there are still two fat "bars" made out of transparency. Is it supposed to be like that? ^^

I'm using GIMP. Can anyone help me, maybe? x.x

Edit: Those "bars" are one on the top and one on the bottom. The unedited image has 750x750 in size, so I guess it should be like that? But I still have no clue about how to save/resize the picture into 350x350 png24 xD
I want to enter a skin for this event but I have absolutely no clue how to save a picture as a png24? I've saved it as a regular png picture. And after I saved the picture there are still two fat "bars" made out of transparency. Is it supposed to be like that? ^^

I'm using GIMP. Can anyone help me, maybe? x.x

Edit: Those "bars" are one on the top and one on the bottom. The unedited image has 750x750 in size, so I guess it should be like that? But I still have no clue about how to save/resize the picture into 350x350 png24 xD
Absolutely love @Pesticide 's Cotton Candy Rays. I've got a few WCs in mind with a mighty need for that accent.
Absolutely love @Pesticide 's Cotton Candy Rays. I've got a few WCs in mind with a mighty need for that accent.
Breeds triple gened pastel & tiger coatls/wildclaws on request, PM if interested.
@maggock

I need this accent in my life. Normally I'm not even a big fan of Ridgebacks!

@tec
That light catcher accent is beautiful!

@ProphecyEcho
I love this skin, it's a neat idea!

@Jisonshin
I actually really like that skin. My only critique is that the colours are a bit too vibrant. It irritates my eyes to look at it for too long. Maybe try to darken or dull the colours slightly?

@ReddWulf
I am actually very fond of this skin. I hope it passes!

@biifurcatedCoder
I love the aztec feel to the markings. If it passes I'll be picking one up for sure x3
@maggock

I need this accent in my life. Normally I'm not even a big fan of Ridgebacks!

@tec
That light catcher accent is beautiful!

@ProphecyEcho
I love this skin, it's a neat idea!

@Jisonshin
I actually really like that skin. My only critique is that the colours are a bit too vibrant. It irritates my eyes to look at it for too long. Maybe try to darken or dull the colours slightly?

@ReddWulf
I am actually very fond of this skin. I hope it passes!

@biifurcatedCoder
I love the aztec feel to the markings. If it passes I'll be picking one up for sure x3
j3zsWMV.png
I've been leaving compliments on people's userpages but rn I'm gonna be putting them in the discussion thread because I wanna try and add what I can constructively? (a lot of you are running too big to the required size and I don't wanna see anyone kicked out on a technicality! Reminder to get your images resized to 350x350 as a png otherwise the team won't judge them!) Sadly I can't offer TOO much because while I am artistically trained I...actually have yet to win a skin competition so I don't really know too much about aesthetic cleanup (I could link to a bunch of previous entry skins if anyone wants to see them though!)

@biifurcadedCoder --your accent is really lovely! however you might wanna lower that preview size to 350x350 so it doesn't get disqualified because right now it's too big to judge the correct file (Also, I don't know if they want you to have the accent parts without the dragon or not so you might want to include that view (also at 350x350) to be safe?

@Jisonshin --wHAT A LOVELY SKIN I absolutely adore the color useage; he's bright but using analagous creamy oranges, salmons and lime greens to the ivory tones really help make it look appealing (And even though it doesn't fit my lair theme 100% I'd totally love to put one of these on my own coatls if it wins, honestly!)

@mucronate --both skins are very pretty, especially Sunray Aurora! However they're running a little big and you might want to resize the image to 350x350 so they they're judgeable!

@David --REALLY DIGGIN LAMBENT GLOW LIKE WOW; excellent handling of the soft colors and that spiral looks so soft and radiant (Again, another one I'd love to pick up and put on one of my own spirals!)
I've been leaving compliments on people's userpages but rn I'm gonna be putting them in the discussion thread because I wanna try and add what I can constructively? (a lot of you are running too big to the required size and I don't wanna see anyone kicked out on a technicality! Reminder to get your images resized to 350x350 as a png otherwise the team won't judge them!) Sadly I can't offer TOO much because while I am artistically trained I...actually have yet to win a skin competition so I don't really know too much about aesthetic cleanup (I could link to a bunch of previous entry skins if anyone wants to see them though!)

@biifurcadedCoder --your accent is really lovely! however you might wanna lower that preview size to 350x350 so it doesn't get disqualified because right now it's too big to judge the correct file (Also, I don't know if they want you to have the accent parts without the dragon or not so you might want to include that view (also at 350x350) to be safe?

@Jisonshin --wHAT A LOVELY SKIN I absolutely adore the color useage; he's bright but using analagous creamy oranges, salmons and lime greens to the ivory tones really help make it look appealing (And even though it doesn't fit my lair theme 100% I'd totally love to put one of these on my own coatls if it wins, honestly!)

@mucronate --both skins are very pretty, especially Sunray Aurora! However they're running a little big and you might want to resize the image to 350x350 so they they're judgeable!

@David --REALLY DIGGIN LAMBENT GLOW LIKE WOW; excellent handling of the soft colors and that spiral looks so soft and radiant (Again, another one I'd love to pick up and put on one of my own spirals!)
don't go to these they're all under closed for the time being

3sjJyV0.png aQKBqxt.pngW6YquEf.png
@LightConcorde

Thank you!

And good luck to everyone else who entered, there are so many amazing ones!
@LightConcorde

Thank you!

And good luck to everyone else who entered, there are so many amazing ones!
GENERAL COLOR THEORY PSA !!! Alright this is a very general comment because I feel bad about going to so many ppl talking about it and it's just a personal issue with color theory so if anyone wants to keep this in mind feel free to! If not, that's alright I've been noticing a lot of palettes are handling yellow in really weird fashions to my eye--which I don't blame anyone for this, Yellow is one of the weirder colors for me personally to work with, and I only figured it out by having to deal with a lot of golden-eyed characters in my kingdom hearts days. Reminder to not play it too hard into oversaturation! You might feel really inclined to use really bright yellows and then follow it up with burnt olive and burnt umber hues, or even the brightest oranges, but [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/459dc79d846290724e08bd6f82b384b9/tumblr_n6wnxn9Dpa1qlni9xo1_400.png[/img] While this has one aspect of color theory in mind--analagous colors!--It generally doesn't seem to match up too well with the Light Flight's Aesthetic! The colors generally tend toward paler colors, and while they're bright, they seem to be duller and more pastel-oriented. Let's look at the lightweaver's palette specifically: [img]https://24.media.tumblr.com/2ba7f09104afd20cf069cbe1850f550c/tumblr_n6wnxn9Dpa1qlni9xo2_1280.png[/img] Notice how the colors aren't hugging the far right corner of the hue/saturation/value bar, they're floating around freely in the middle, sometimes coming close to the mid-top; They're generally desaturated colors, and tend to waver in hue and hug the red-browns as her colors darken. Light themed accessories generally follow this theme (look at the sunchaser jewelry or whatever it's called from the first holiday; along with emblems and light sprites); they're bright, but the values beneath the bright, pale yellows are often muted. It's okay to mix it up! there's a lot of ways to approach a theme and depending on how you approach it, colors like that might work! There's two factors that make me want to bring this up: 1)How the skin's actually gonna look on a dragon. Bright yellows might not work with all dragons, and with accents while specific dragons might work it might not work on every dragon-- we have no idea if the judges are going to go for something that can work for as many dragons as possible or not. Generally, neutral colors will work better with most color schemes than a brighter color! 2) General site aesthetic. There's a specific aesthetic for competitive skins, but there's also a sitewide artistic aesthetic--I can't really explain it, but if you get familiar with the artwork around here enough you sort of have a bit of an innate feel for it, more or less. While I don't know this site aesthetic well enough, as a person making derivative work that would likely be displayed as part of actual site material, I want to strive for keeping their aesthetic in mind while creating my own work, so it looks generally cohesive. (The regulations on skins are meant as a general guideline to this aesthetic) IDK IDK take this with a grain of salt, this is just my mental processes on the matter. And remember that art is very liquid just about anything can be done effectively if it's done with the right amount of conscious effort and awareness of general art principles!
GENERAL COLOR THEORY PSA !!!

Alright this is a very general comment because I feel bad about going to so many ppl talking about it and it's just a personal issue with color theory so if anyone wants to keep this in mind feel free to! If not, that's alright
I've been noticing a lot of palettes are handling yellow in really weird fashions to my eye--which I don't blame anyone for this, Yellow is one of the weirder colors for me personally to work with, and I only figured it out by having to deal with a lot of golden-eyed characters in my kingdom hearts days.
Reminder to not play it too hard into oversaturation! You might feel really inclined to use really bright yellows and then follow it up with burnt olive and burnt umber hues, or even the brightest oranges, but
tumblr_n6wnxn9Dpa1qlni9xo1_400.png
While this has one aspect of color theory in mind--analagous colors!--It generally doesn't seem to match up too well with the Light Flight's Aesthetic! The colors generally tend toward paler colors, and while they're bright, they seem to be duller and more pastel-oriented.
Let's look at the lightweaver's palette specifically:
tumblr_n6wnxn9Dpa1qlni9xo2_1280.png
Notice how the colors aren't hugging the far right corner of the hue/saturation/value bar, they're floating around freely in the middle, sometimes coming close to the mid-top; They're generally desaturated colors, and tend to waver in hue and hug the red-browns as her colors darken.
Light themed accessories generally follow this theme (look at the sunchaser jewelry or whatever it's called from the first holiday; along with emblems and light sprites); they're bright, but the values beneath the bright, pale yellows are often muted.

It's okay to mix it up! there's a lot of ways to approach a theme and depending on how you approach it, colors like that might work!
There's two factors that make me want to bring this up:
1)How the skin's actually gonna look on a dragon. Bright yellows might not work with all dragons, and with accents while specific dragons might work it might not work on every dragon-- we have no idea if the judges are going to go for something that can work for as many dragons as possible or not. Generally, neutral colors will work better with most color schemes than a brighter color!
2) General site aesthetic. There's a specific aesthetic for competitive skins, but there's also a sitewide artistic aesthetic--I can't really explain it, but if you get familiar with the artwork around here enough you sort of have a bit of an innate feel for it, more or less. While I don't know this site aesthetic well enough, as a person making derivative work that would likely be displayed as part of actual site material, I want to strive for keeping their aesthetic in mind while creating my own work, so it looks generally cohesive. (The regulations on skins are meant as a general guideline to this aesthetic)

IDK IDK take this with a grain of salt, this is just my mental processes on the matter. And remember that art is very liquid just about anything can be done effectively if it's done with the right amount of conscious effort and awareness of general art principles!
don't go to these they're all under closed for the time being

3sjJyV0.png aQKBqxt.pngW6YquEf.png
@Malis That fae accent better win, we're in dire need of skin stuff for male faes.
@Malis That fae accent better win, we're in dire need of skin stuff for male faes.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Okay, I uploaded my skin, but I'm confused about what I was supposed to do with the eyes? I read skins aren't supposed to affect the dragon's eyes, so I left it completely untouched. But I'm just, really confused, because I see edited eyes and stuff. And also, it looked like they were colored in gray in the template, so how will that work when it's layered over a dragon?
I did something wrong didn't I.
Please help clear up this confusion, I have no idea what's up.
Okay, I uploaded my skin, but I'm confused about what I was supposed to do with the eyes? I read skins aren't supposed to affect the dragon's eyes, so I left it completely untouched. But I'm just, really confused, because I see edited eyes and stuff. And also, it looked like they were colored in gray in the template, so how will that work when it's layered over a dragon?
I did something wrong didn't I.
Please help clear up this confusion, I have no idea what's up.
ezgDKeD.png
Selling Leap Day Gen 1, up to haggle.
[stone|white|teal ; female nocturne ; Earth flight (matching eyes)]
@kengee
You can color the eyes for aesthetics of the skin, but they won't show up on the dragons themselves because the eye color is overlaid by the flight element.

@biifurcatedCoder
I am pretty sure you can not submit skins/accents that already exist on the site, even if it is not explicit written out.
@kengee
You can color the eyes for aesthetics of the skin, but they won't show up on the dragons themselves because the eye color is overlaid by the flight element.

@biifurcatedCoder
I am pretty sure you can not submit skins/accents that already exist on the site, even if it is not explicit written out.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
@Undel Hi I just wanted to point out that it says "Nature Flight" in the How To Enter section of the first post.
@Undel Hi I just wanted to point out that it says "Nature Flight" in the How To Enter section of the first post.
Tnhnf9i.png .. any pronoun | FR time +15/16
secretly always online
a1rYPJ5.png
#KulayRosasAngBukas
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 60 61