Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Never Lose Hope [RP Thread]
1 2
OoC: @GiftofArtemis @Stanzascale @Ryat Oh my gosh… I'm so sorry for being awol. >.> School hit me with a vengeance, and on top of that for some reason I haven't been getting pings from this thread! No idea why. Again, i really apologize. D= I'm settled in now with my classes and such, so it shouldn't happen again.

BiC: Noelani shook her head. "It's sensible to make sure that everyone has the plan down pat before we actually begin," she replied to Milo's question. "It wouldn't do to have anyone panic and lose their heads, and the better we know what we're doing, the less likely that is to happen." Rather than sit, she leaned her back against a wall, arms crossed, eyebrows slightly raised at Milo as she waited for him to begin.

--

Cairngorm rasped, halting his fire production for a moment to answer the young thing that had just taken the machine next to him. "Ah, it was nothing," he replied, his voice a hoarse cough. "These machines are troublesome things, but if you've worked them as long as I have you get to know their ins and outs pretty well. I'm Cairngorm, by the way." Before an overseer spotted him slacking off, he resumed breathing flame into the belly of the machine.

--

One of the coliseum dragons had returned living, if injured, from his battle, a mottled grey dragon with blue wings, although it was difficult to tell any colors beneath years of grime and dust and a coating of blood. "Hey," Shukriyya called softly, across the cages separating them. She didn't know the other dragon's name, only his reputation as a skilled coliseum fighter. It seemed his skills had served him well enough today to keep him alive. "How badly are you hurt?" There were big things going down tonight, and it would be a pity for such s doughty fighter to miss out of them merely because of his daily injuries…
OoC: @GiftofArtemis @Stanzascale @Ryat Oh my gosh… I'm so sorry for being awol. >.> School hit me with a vengeance, and on top of that for some reason I haven't been getting pings from this thread! No idea why. Again, i really apologize. D= I'm settled in now with my classes and such, so it shouldn't happen again.

BiC: Noelani shook her head. "It's sensible to make sure that everyone has the plan down pat before we actually begin," she replied to Milo's question. "It wouldn't do to have anyone panic and lose their heads, and the better we know what we're doing, the less likely that is to happen." Rather than sit, she leaned her back against a wall, arms crossed, eyebrows slightly raised at Milo as she waited for him to begin.

--

Cairngorm rasped, halting his fire production for a moment to answer the young thing that had just taken the machine next to him. "Ah, it was nothing," he replied, his voice a hoarse cough. "These machines are troublesome things, but if you've worked them as long as I have you get to know their ins and outs pretty well. I'm Cairngorm, by the way." Before an overseer spotted him slacking off, he resumed breathing flame into the belly of the machine.

--

One of the coliseum dragons had returned living, if injured, from his battle, a mottled grey dragon with blue wings, although it was difficult to tell any colors beneath years of grime and dust and a coating of blood. "Hey," Shukriyya called softly, across the cages separating them. She didn't know the other dragon's name, only his reputation as a skilled coliseum fighter. It seemed his skills had served him well enough today to keep him alive. "How badly are you hurt?" There were big things going down tonight, and it would be a pity for such s doughty fighter to miss out of them merely because of his daily injuries…
lZB1YEe.png
((Weird it didn't work... But well nice to see you're back !
Also, totally random but I just noticed that it's purely French to put a space before ! and ? Oo))

Milo cleared his throat as he was getting himself prepared to expose the plan a last time.
"So, then let's go for a last explanation. This evening I'll go to work like usual. This will leave me some time to warn the dragons before we actually begin the evasion. At midnight, they are going to change the guards. They have the habit to take a coffee before beginning to guard - not that it really changed anything anyway, what they call guarding is actually only sitting at the table and chat together. Anyway, like usual they'll get me to do the coffee, but this time I will put the soporific in it. You two - or should I say you three with this small dragon - will wait for me outside after the guards have been changed. Once I'll have drugged the new guards, I'll open the door for you."
The young human made a small pause, before continuing to expose the plan.
"Now comes the tricky part. When we'll be there, we will have to open the cages, but most importantly ensure the dragons won't attack us. Uli won't have any problems for that with Shukriyya, as for me I know one dragon that will help me. Notos will help Eden for this, so Noelani you will stick with Eden for that part. We have to be quick, we really can't afford to lose any time. We must be the farthest possible when the guards will be changed again. When we will have gathered some dragons, Uli will lead us to the place he found. The part of the sewers flowing next to the prison has been poorly repaired, so that with the help of the dragons, we will be able to open an access fairly quickly. The sewers will guide us outside the town, in the Golden fields. Once we'll be there... well we'll have to walk some hours. The objective is to reach the border of the forest before the sun rises. There the dragons will be safe for some days, and we should find some freshly hunted preys for them in the hut those hunters indicated."
Milo made another small pause. "Any questions ?" he then asked.

Hyruu blew a large burst of flame, giving the machine enough heat to give him a few seconds to speak without anyone could notice he went inactive.
"I'm Hyruu." he nodded at the older dragon before resuming his work on the machine.
((Weird it didn't work... But well nice to see you're back !
Also, totally random but I just noticed that it's purely French to put a space before ! and ? Oo))

Milo cleared his throat as he was getting himself prepared to expose the plan a last time.
"So, then let's go for a last explanation. This evening I'll go to work like usual. This will leave me some time to warn the dragons before we actually begin the evasion. At midnight, they are going to change the guards. They have the habit to take a coffee before beginning to guard - not that it really changed anything anyway, what they call guarding is actually only sitting at the table and chat together. Anyway, like usual they'll get me to do the coffee, but this time I will put the soporific in it. You two - or should I say you three with this small dragon - will wait for me outside after the guards have been changed. Once I'll have drugged the new guards, I'll open the door for you."
The young human made a small pause, before continuing to expose the plan.
"Now comes the tricky part. When we'll be there, we will have to open the cages, but most importantly ensure the dragons won't attack us. Uli won't have any problems for that with Shukriyya, as for me I know one dragon that will help me. Notos will help Eden for this, so Noelani you will stick with Eden for that part. We have to be quick, we really can't afford to lose any time. We must be the farthest possible when the guards will be changed again. When we will have gathered some dragons, Uli will lead us to the place he found. The part of the sewers flowing next to the prison has been poorly repaired, so that with the help of the dragons, we will be able to open an access fairly quickly. The sewers will guide us outside the town, in the Golden fields. Once we'll be there... well we'll have to walk some hours. The objective is to reach the border of the forest before the sun rises. There the dragons will be safe for some days, and we should find some freshly hunted preys for them in the hut those hunters indicated."
Milo made another small pause. "Any questions ?" he then asked.

Hyruu blew a large burst of flame, giving the machine enough heat to give him a few seconds to speak without anyone could notice he went inactive.
"I'm Hyruu." he nodded at the older dragon before resuming his work on the machine.
ZNhRsiG.png
Rakanix angled his head towards where the address came from, enough to direct his response the right way, but not getting the best of angles to clearly see the one he was speaking to, "head wounds are always the messiest. Nothing that can't be shaken off when needed." He informed the dragoness.
Rakanix didn't keep track of all who entered the coliseum (for he knew of no others who could be found in their cells at that part of the day), but she didn't seem wet behind the ears to matters.
"Not that any here would say no to rest in any case." In another time, in another state, he would have smiled.

~~~

Khepnir gave a shrug in response to the drake's nod. It could have been anyone who was ordered over to help, and it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference.
She rolled her eyes at the way the human addressed her, as she moved back the way she'd come.
Surely even a slave-driver must learn how to distinguish between slaves? Not that they'd ever admit it was a flaw in their own reckoning should the vague manner of 'you' and a point lead to confusion in who's to recieve what order. Pah.
The Imperial paused at the pumps spurting steam that she found herself facing, until a whip met the side of her face.
Oh, how she'd love to strip the marrow from the perpetrator's bones...and not necessarily after his lungs had emptied of breath.

(Feel free to poke me in the right direction with regard to machines.)
(Also, @Tortallan, maybe it'll work...)
Rakanix angled his head towards where the address came from, enough to direct his response the right way, but not getting the best of angles to clearly see the one he was speaking to, "head wounds are always the messiest. Nothing that can't be shaken off when needed." He informed the dragoness.
Rakanix didn't keep track of all who entered the coliseum (for he knew of no others who could be found in their cells at that part of the day), but she didn't seem wet behind the ears to matters.
"Not that any here would say no to rest in any case." In another time, in another state, he would have smiled.

~~~

Khepnir gave a shrug in response to the drake's nod. It could have been anyone who was ordered over to help, and it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference.
She rolled her eyes at the way the human addressed her, as she moved back the way she'd come.
Surely even a slave-driver must learn how to distinguish between slaves? Not that they'd ever admit it was a flaw in their own reckoning should the vague manner of 'you' and a point lead to confusion in who's to recieve what order. Pah.
The Imperial paused at the pumps spurting steam that she found herself facing, until a whip met the side of her face.
Oh, how she'd love to strip the marrow from the perpetrator's bones...and not necessarily after his lungs had emptied of breath.

(Feel free to poke me in the right direction with regard to machines.)
(Also, @Tortallan, maybe it'll work...)
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
(sorry for the late response!)

Oniros awoke in her cell. Thinking back to what happened after the battle gave her a huge headache, but she remembered tidbits. roughly being dragged out from under the fallen dragon. But there was something else.

Oniros tried to sit up, and that's when she remembered her wing and chest had been completely mangled.

Everything flashed back into one painful memory. A man, one foot on her chest, confirming her victory, along with something else.

Condemning her to death.

He claimed it was because of her broken wing, but he knew the truth. They didnt care if the dragons battled broken.

They cared when they showed a little too much power. And not physcial power either. The phyicaly strong dragons were worked down in the mines. No, Oniros had shown her magic ability, and magic much stronger than they thought she had. Raw power, coming from her strong will, her strong spirit.

And they couldn't have that now could they?

Oniros laid in the corner of her cell, the normal one, and awaited her death. It was always inevitable, she had just prolonged it. But now it was her time.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Eden said.

"I'll help keep the dragons calm too." Notos shouted.

"So, were ready when you are, boss!" Eden and her dragon shared the same goofy grin, completely free of any second thoughts about what they were doing.
(sorry for the late response!)

Oniros awoke in her cell. Thinking back to what happened after the battle gave her a huge headache, but she remembered tidbits. roughly being dragged out from under the fallen dragon. But there was something else.

Oniros tried to sit up, and that's when she remembered her wing and chest had been completely mangled.

Everything flashed back into one painful memory. A man, one foot on her chest, confirming her victory, along with something else.

Condemning her to death.

He claimed it was because of her broken wing, but he knew the truth. They didnt care if the dragons battled broken.

They cared when they showed a little too much power. And not physcial power either. The phyicaly strong dragons were worked down in the mines. No, Oniros had shown her magic ability, and magic much stronger than they thought she had. Raw power, coming from her strong will, her strong spirit.

And they couldn't have that now could they?

Oniros laid in the corner of her cell, the normal one, and awaited her death. It was always inevitable, she had just prolonged it. But now it was her time.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Eden said.

"I'll help keep the dragons calm too." Notos shouted.

"So, were ready when you are, boss!" Eden and her dragon shared the same goofy grin, completely free of any second thoughts about what they were doing.
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
((I've been super busy these last weeks and was kinda waiting for @Tortallan to reply. I guess that's the same for everyone in September ^^ So now I really need to get that alive again.))

Milo slightly smiled at the girl and the small dragon, but he was himself unable to share their carefree joy. Not after what he was going to do. What he hadn't said - but with a bit of logic they would have figured that by themselves - is that after the action would be done, his life in the human society was screwed. No one would see the girls' faces, but it won't take more than a minute to figure out who put the drugs in the guards' coffee. And he actually hadn't planned anything for himself once the dragons would be free...
((I've been super busy these last weeks and was kinda waiting for @Tortallan to reply. I guess that's the same for everyone in September ^^ So now I really need to get that alive again.))

Milo slightly smiled at the girl and the small dragon, but he was himself unable to share their carefree joy. Not after what he was going to do. What he hadn't said - but with a bit of logic they would have figured that by themselves - is that after the action would be done, his life in the human society was screwed. No one would see the girls' faces, but it won't take more than a minute to figure out who put the drugs in the guards' coffee. And he actually hadn't planned anything for himself once the dragons would be free...
ZNhRsiG.png
1 2