Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wings of Fire role play!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
Today it was hot in Possibility, like every other day, however that didnt bother me. I was thinking about my lack of yarrow I had left however all thoughts of my shortages vanished from my mind when a SkyWing stumbled in being supported by her friend. She was limping and had a scratch over her eye with a long cut that ran down her side. There was a lot of blood so I knew that she would bleed out if we didn't close those wounds quickly

"Put her here" I tell the other SkyWing, indicating a table in the centre of my small clinic. "Soul! Come out here quick!" I call back to my adopted sister, and she came running out from the back room

"Coming Vypre" she called back, and I heard the sound of her tallond thumping agenced the gound. She skidded to a stop when she saw the dragon on the table and the blood pooling below

"What happend!?!" She cried

"She was jumped by some SandWings who tried to tare her to pieces, thankfully, we got there in time.

"Yes, we will see what we can do." I said as calmly as I could. These fights were getting more and more violent after the war over the border land started again " Soul, you stabilize the wound."

Soul immediately went over to the dragon and began applying a spongy moss to soak up the blood and applied pressure to slow the blood pouring from her wound. While she did, I grabbed some thread and a bent needle that looked almost like a fish hook and began to give dragon stitches. At this point, she had passed out grom blood loss and pain. I started with her side, as that was bleeding more. I started by pushing the needle down through the scales, across the wound, then up the other side and pulled it tight. I then tied a square knot to hold it there and repeated the process almost 80 more times across her side, and as I did, the bleeding slowed and eventually stopped. I then gave stitches to her face.

Once both wounds had been closed, I breathed a sigh of relief, she was going to make it.

I turned to tell Soul to fetch me some Boswellia oil, however she had already gone looking for some.

When she returned, she pit some on a rag and began spreading the tree oil on the cuts

The dragon winced even unconscious when the rag touched the wound, but she began to relax as the powerful pain killer in the Boswellia oil set in.

"She will be okay" I told the patents friend, who immediately began to cry.

"Thank you so, so much!" she sobbed, "I didn't think she was going to make i.!"

"Of course she will make it, just leaver here with us for a while and she will be fine." I say as reassuring as possible.

"Thank you again" She says, crying a little less now. "What should I pay you with?" She asks concern evident in her face.

"Nothing for now" I say, puttering one wing over her shoulder "we can talk about payment after your friend is healthy again. Also, what are your names?" I ask

"I am Jade, and that's Scorne" She says quickly, eyeing something behind the door. "I need to go, thank you again" She says and darts out of the door.

Odd, I think, it wasn't normal for someone to run out after leaving someone so hurt. I peak out the door to see several SandWings flying into the town at top speed.

As they approach, I hear one shout "The queen is dead! The queen is DEAD!" And from another direction I hear a SkyWing shout back "Good!"

Hearing the news sent my mind reeling. The queen is dead? What? What happend! And why are so many dragons coming to give us the news?

Soul touched my wing and beckoned me inside to keep focused on the patient, Scorne.

(Sorry this was so long, and that it took me a long time to respond)
Today it was hot in Possibility, like every other day, however that didnt bother me. I was thinking about my lack of yarrow I had left however all thoughts of my shortages vanished from my mind when a SkyWing stumbled in being supported by her friend. She was limping and had a scratch over her eye with a long cut that ran down her side. There was a lot of blood so I knew that she would bleed out if we didn't close those wounds quickly

"Put her here" I tell the other SkyWing, indicating a table in the centre of my small clinic. "Soul! Come out here quick!" I call back to my adopted sister, and she came running out from the back room

"Coming Vypre" she called back, and I heard the sound of her tallond thumping agenced the gound. She skidded to a stop when she saw the dragon on the table and the blood pooling below

"What happend!?!" She cried

"She was jumped by some SandWings who tried to tare her to pieces, thankfully, we got there in time.

"Yes, we will see what we can do." I said as calmly as I could. These fights were getting more and more violent after the war over the border land started again " Soul, you stabilize the wound."

Soul immediately went over to the dragon and began applying a spongy moss to soak up the blood and applied pressure to slow the blood pouring from her wound. While she did, I grabbed some thread and a bent needle that looked almost like a fish hook and began to give dragon stitches. At this point, she had passed out grom blood loss and pain. I started with her side, as that was bleeding more. I started by pushing the needle down through the scales, across the wound, then up the other side and pulled it tight. I then tied a square knot to hold it there and repeated the process almost 80 more times across her side, and as I did, the bleeding slowed and eventually stopped. I then gave stitches to her face.

Once both wounds had been closed, I breathed a sigh of relief, she was going to make it.

I turned to tell Soul to fetch me some Boswellia oil, however she had already gone looking for some.

When she returned, she pit some on a rag and began spreading the tree oil on the cuts

The dragon winced even unconscious when the rag touched the wound, but she began to relax as the powerful pain killer in the Boswellia oil set in.

"She will be okay" I told the patents friend, who immediately began to cry.

"Thank you so, so much!" she sobbed, "I didn't think she was going to make i.!"

"Of course she will make it, just leaver here with us for a while and she will be fine." I say as reassuring as possible.

"Thank you again" She says, crying a little less now. "What should I pay you with?" She asks concern evident in her face.

"Nothing for now" I say, puttering one wing over her shoulder "we can talk about payment after your friend is healthy again. Also, what are your names?" I ask

"I am Jade, and that's Scorne" She says quickly, eyeing something behind the door. "I need to go, thank you again" She says and darts out of the door.

Odd, I think, it wasn't normal for someone to run out after leaving someone so hurt. I peak out the door to see several SandWings flying into the town at top speed.

As they approach, I hear one shout "The queen is dead! The queen is DEAD!" And from another direction I hear a SkyWing shout back "Good!"

Hearing the news sent my mind reeling. The queen is dead? What? What happend! And why are so many dragons coming to give us the news?

Soul touched my wing and beckoned me inside to keep focused on the patient, Scorne.

(Sorry this was so long, and that it took me a long time to respond)
Abyssal looked up from sharpening his dagger as one of his siblings, Starfish, ran in, darting into the back room where their father was. He had his own room while the rest of them shared the main room of the small house in Possibility their dad, Moray, had them temporary staying in. Moray had said something about there being more work, but Abyssal figured it was really because they'd managed to tick off the Seawing queen and were getting some distance. Whatever the reason, this wasn't a particularly fun move. While he likely wasn't having as hard of a time as his full Seawing siblings, his scales still felt hot and dry all the time and the sand seemed to get stuck everywhere. And while he tried to get away to the river, the warm freshwater just wasn't quite the same as the ocean. He sheathed his dagger just as his dad came storming out. Alas, he was the first dragon his dad layed eyes on.

"Abyssal, apparently someone killed the Sandwing queen. I need you to go and figure out details. Ask around town and if you don't find much out, I want you to go and try to get something out of the palace. Don't come back without answers." Moray snapped.

Abyssal nodded, not wanting to start an argument that certainly wouldn't end well.

"Yes sir, I'll do what I can." He replied, grabbing his already packed satchel and darting out the door. With how often and how quickly they moved, it never hurt to already have your things together.

He quickly made his way along the streets, attempting to pick up on chatter. He didn't hear anything solid, mostly just swirling emotions without any substantial information. After around half an hour of this, Abyssal was bored and tired. That was, until he ran smack into a very solid wall of pale yellow scales and scars. A rather imposing Sandwing veteran turned to glare down at him. And far too late, he recognized her as the dragon his brothers had picked a fight with the other day. And unfortunately, he'd been along with them when it'd happened, and as a hybrid he tended to stand out in dragons' memories.

"And what's a little snake like you going here again? Haven't learned your lesson yet?" She growled, her tail barb raising threateningly.

Abyssal sank back, pulling his wings close to his body. "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean... I was just..."

The Sandwing took another step forward, her claws outstretched. Abyssal froze, then darted past her as he lashed out with his claws, scoring several long scratches across her shoulder before attempting to disappear into the crowd. The sandwing charged after him, not letting him get away easily. Abyssal scrambled down an alleyway, then, realizing he'd cornered himself, hopped through a window and found himself inside someone's house (@Keltrike your dragon's place if you want)
Abyssal looked up from sharpening his dagger as one of his siblings, Starfish, ran in, darting into the back room where their father was. He had his own room while the rest of them shared the main room of the small house in Possibility their dad, Moray, had them temporary staying in. Moray had said something about there being more work, but Abyssal figured it was really because they'd managed to tick off the Seawing queen and were getting some distance. Whatever the reason, this wasn't a particularly fun move. While he likely wasn't having as hard of a time as his full Seawing siblings, his scales still felt hot and dry all the time and the sand seemed to get stuck everywhere. And while he tried to get away to the river, the warm freshwater just wasn't quite the same as the ocean. He sheathed his dagger just as his dad came storming out. Alas, he was the first dragon his dad layed eyes on.

"Abyssal, apparently someone killed the Sandwing queen. I need you to go and figure out details. Ask around town and if you don't find much out, I want you to go and try to get something out of the palace. Don't come back without answers." Moray snapped.

Abyssal nodded, not wanting to start an argument that certainly wouldn't end well.

"Yes sir, I'll do what I can." He replied, grabbing his already packed satchel and darting out the door. With how often and how quickly they moved, it never hurt to already have your things together.

He quickly made his way along the streets, attempting to pick up on chatter. He didn't hear anything solid, mostly just swirling emotions without any substantial information. After around half an hour of this, Abyssal was bored and tired. That was, until he ran smack into a very solid wall of pale yellow scales and scars. A rather imposing Sandwing veteran turned to glare down at him. And far too late, he recognized her as the dragon his brothers had picked a fight with the other day. And unfortunately, he'd been along with them when it'd happened, and as a hybrid he tended to stand out in dragons' memories.

"And what's a little snake like you going here again? Haven't learned your lesson yet?" She growled, her tail barb raising threateningly.

Abyssal sank back, pulling his wings close to his body. "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean... I was just..."

The Sandwing took another step forward, her claws outstretched. Abyssal froze, then darted past her as he lashed out with his claws, scoring several long scratches across her shoulder before attempting to disappear into the crowd. The sandwing charged after him, not letting him get away easily. Abyssal scrambled down an alleyway, then, realizing he'd cornered himself, hopped through a window and found himself inside someone's house (@Keltrike your dragon's place if you want)
((Hey! I was wondering if it's possible for me to still join? And if so, are hybrid characters okay?))
((Hey! I was wondering if it's possible for me to still join? And if so, are hybrid characters okay?))
Welcome @Sincerity11, yes hybrids are okay

As I watched the SandWings, the largest one took a step forward

"As my associate has so KINDLY brought to everyone's attention," the SandWings voice boomed, "The sandwing queen is dead. Her killer is still at large. We were told that there was someone here who could identify how she died, and who the killer might be. If this is you, then you are hear by order by the crown to come forward and come to the palace with us."

"Vypre, that's you! It's gotta be!" Soul exclaimed tugging on my arm

"Are you sure?" I ask, "I haven't done anything to make them think that"

"Of course you have! You are the best healer in the kingdom of sand. If anyone could tell how she died, it would be you" She told me, and before I could object, she was already calling out to the messengers "HEY, His name is Vypre and he would be HONERD to go with you!"

I jumped, what was she doing? "Alright, I need to grab some things" I say, and step out of my clinic.

"You do a great service your kingdom." The SandWing told ms as I walked back home

Once I arrived I began collecting some of my things when I hear a crash in the back of my home. Going to investigate further I find a young SeaWing lying on my floor, however when I got over the shock of a random dragon in my home, i could see he also had black scales that made me think SeaWing-NightWing.

"What are you doing in my home?!?" I yelped
Welcome @Sincerity11, yes hybrids are okay

As I watched the SandWings, the largest one took a step forward

"As my associate has so KINDLY brought to everyone's attention," the SandWings voice boomed, "The sandwing queen is dead. Her killer is still at large. We were told that there was someone here who could identify how she died, and who the killer might be. If this is you, then you are hear by order by the crown to come forward and come to the palace with us."

"Vypre, that's you! It's gotta be!" Soul exclaimed tugging on my arm

"Are you sure?" I ask, "I haven't done anything to make them think that"

"Of course you have! You are the best healer in the kingdom of sand. If anyone could tell how she died, it would be you" She told me, and before I could object, she was already calling out to the messengers "HEY, His name is Vypre and he would be HONERD to go with you!"

I jumped, what was she doing? "Alright, I need to grab some things" I say, and step out of my clinic.

"You do a great service your kingdom." The SandWing told ms as I walked back home

Once I arrived I began collecting some of my things when I hear a crash in the back of my home. Going to investigate further I find a young SeaWing lying on my floor, however when I got over the shock of a random dragon in my home, i could see he also had black scales that made me think SeaWing-NightWing.

"What are you doing in my home?!?" I yelped
Abyssal scrambled to his feet, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Camel dung..." He hissed. "Sorry, I didn't mean... Can you keep your voice down? I don't need... I mean, I'm kinda being chased and if I'm caught it won't especially go well for me. I'm sorry, I'll leave in just a minute."

He pulled his wings closer, finally managing to get a proper look at the room. The faint smell of herbs drifting from the Sandwing in front of him gave the impression he was a healer, or at least worked with one. Which made him slightly more trustworthy than other dragons, at least if Abyssal could not totally freak him out.

"I'm just trying to get more information on the queen's, er, untimely demise. That's what I was instructed to do at least, I just somehow managed to tick someone off." He explained, his tail flicking nervously.
Abyssal scrambled to his feet, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Camel dung..." He hissed. "Sorry, I didn't mean... Can you keep your voice down? I don't need... I mean, I'm kinda being chased and if I'm caught it won't especially go well for me. I'm sorry, I'll leave in just a minute."

He pulled his wings closer, finally managing to get a proper look at the room. The faint smell of herbs drifting from the Sandwing in front of him gave the impression he was a healer, or at least worked with one. Which made him slightly more trustworthy than other dragons, at least if Abyssal could not totally freak him out.

"I'm just trying to get more information on the queen's, er, untimely demise. That's what I was instructed to do at least, I just somehow managed to tick someone off." He explained, his tail flicking nervously.
By the way, I am currently on a vacation, so I won't be able to post supper regularly. Sorry, be back in a few days, but I will still post when I can
By the way, I am currently on a vacation, so I won't be able to post supper regularly. Sorry, be back in a few days, but I will still post when I can
The dragon cursed, but I am shaking so hard I can't understand anything he was saying.

"S-s-soul?" I stammer, then seeing his dagger, I jumped. "SOUL!" I screemed and ran out of the room. This was way too familiar

"What is it Vypre? What wrong? Soul asked concern filling her voice

"T-t-t there's a dragon! In our room, with a knife" I part speek, part screen, and part cry

Soul's face immediately switched from concern to determination "Let me handle this." She says, and running into the kitchen. She pulls out a knife and darts to our room

"Wait!" I call after her "don't hurt him!" Even though I was terrified for both of our lives after what happend last time, I couldn't bear to see a dragon get hurt while I just stood by, but I don't know if she heard me for her bright scarlet wings were already disappearing through the door

"HEY, YOU THINK YOU CAN BREAK IN HERE AND THRETEN MY BROTHER?" Soul shouts at the intruder

(Soul is a SkyWing btw if I didn't mention that. Adopted siblings)
The dragon cursed, but I am shaking so hard I can't understand anything he was saying.

"S-s-soul?" I stammer, then seeing his dagger, I jumped. "SOUL!" I screemed and ran out of the room. This was way too familiar

"What is it Vypre? What wrong? Soul asked concern filling her voice

"T-t-t there's a dragon! In our room, with a knife" I part speek, part screen, and part cry

Soul's face immediately switched from concern to determination "Let me handle this." She says, and running into the kitchen. She pulls out a knife and darts to our room

"Wait!" I call after her "don't hurt him!" Even though I was terrified for both of our lives after what happend last time, I couldn't bear to see a dragon get hurt while I just stood by, but I don't know if she heard me for her bright scarlet wings were already disappearing through the door

"HEY, YOU THINK YOU CAN BREAK IN HERE AND THRETEN MY BROTHER?" Soul shouts at the intruder

(Soul is a SkyWing btw if I didn't mention that. Adopted siblings)
"Wait, I'm not gonna..." Abyssal protested as the dragon darted out of the room. That certainly wasn't good...

He turned to glance out the window. The sandwing was still stalking the street at the entrance to the alleyway, so he couldn't get out that way... Maybe if he could get the dragon to calm down... He headed cautiously towards the door.

That's when a giant ball of red scales burst into the room, yelling at him. He skittered back, trying to make himself look as small and nonthreatening as possible. He tightened his grip on his dagger, seeing the knife in her claws.

"I-i-i didn't mean... It wasn't... I wouldn't..." He stuttered, wishing he could simply sink into the floor.

Why oh why did he always find himself in these dumb predicaments... His older siblings never would've let themselves get stuck like this. Heck, even his little sister Abalone could've avoided it, so why couldn't he?

((Don't worry about how often you post, it'll be fine. And thanks for the reminder about Soul))
"Wait, I'm not gonna..." Abyssal protested as the dragon darted out of the room. That certainly wasn't good...

He turned to glance out the window. The sandwing was still stalking the street at the entrance to the alleyway, so he couldn't get out that way... Maybe if he could get the dragon to calm down... He headed cautiously towards the door.

That's when a giant ball of red scales burst into the room, yelling at him. He skittered back, trying to make himself look as small and nonthreatening as possible. He tightened his grip on his dagger, seeing the knife in her claws.

"I-i-i didn't mean... It wasn't... I wouldn't..." He stuttered, wishing he could simply sink into the floor.

Why oh why did he always find himself in these dumb predicaments... His older siblings never would've let themselves get stuck like this. Heck, even his little sister Abalone could've avoided it, so why couldn't he?

((Don't worry about how often you post, it'll be fine. And thanks for the reminder about Soul))
I run after Soul and found her standing still in the centre of the room, however she wasn't facing the strange dragon, instead she was looking out the window with a shocked expression

"Hey Soul, what is-" I started, but stopped short when I saw who she was staring at. A large savage SandWings was slowly stalking toward our home, and unfortunately I knew who this SandWing was, my mother.

I looked quickly between my mother and the SeaWing. "Come on!"I hiss at him and dart out of the house.

When I looked back, I saw Soul following close behind, I just had to hope the SeaWing was following, for if my mother was angry enough at him to stop her day, then she was for sure going to kill him, so I needed to hide him.
I run after Soul and found her standing still in the centre of the room, however she wasn't facing the strange dragon, instead she was looking out the window with a shocked expression

"Hey Soul, what is-" I started, but stopped short when I saw who she was staring at. A large savage SandWings was slowly stalking toward our home, and unfortunately I knew who this SandWing was, my mother.

I looked quickly between my mother and the SeaWing. "Come on!"I hiss at him and dart out of the house.

When I looked back, I saw Soul following close behind, I just had to hope the SeaWing was following, for if my mother was angry enough at him to stop her day, then she was for sure going to kill him, so I needed to hide him.
Abyssal frantically looked between the two Sandwings, unsure of what to do. But one was definitely trying to kill him while the other other up in air. So he decided to follow the smaller Sandwing and his Skywing companion.

He bolted out of the house, his senses working overtime to try and figure out what exactly was happening. The Skywing, Soul probably from how the other had addressed her, hadn't paid much attention to him once she'd spotted the dragon following him. They likely also knew her, and if they were running this quickly it didn't bode well.

The next question is why they'd bothered to warn him? After all, he had been trespassing in their house, and Soul had looked just about ready to stab him herself.

He was very quickly jarred out of his thoughts as he was slammed into from behind. He slid several feet across the sand as the angry Sandwing stalked towards him, tail barb raised. His heart pounding, Abyssal scrambled away, trying to figure out where his dagger went after it had been knocked out of his claws.
Abyssal frantically looked between the two Sandwings, unsure of what to do. But one was definitely trying to kill him while the other other up in air. So he decided to follow the smaller Sandwing and his Skywing companion.

He bolted out of the house, his senses working overtime to try and figure out what exactly was happening. The Skywing, Soul probably from how the other had addressed her, hadn't paid much attention to him once she'd spotted the dragon following him. They likely also knew her, and if they were running this quickly it didn't bode well.

The next question is why they'd bothered to warn him? After all, he had been trespassing in their house, and Soul had looked just about ready to stab him herself.

He was very quickly jarred out of his thoughts as he was slammed into from behind. He slid several feet across the sand as the angry Sandwing stalked towards him, tail barb raised. His heart pounding, Abyssal scrambled away, trying to figure out where his dagger went after it had been knocked out of his claws.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31