Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Casual RP-Secrets of the Wetlands
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][b][u]Here is the ping-list before we start[/u][/b][/center] (Note, this will be reposted Below the character introduction post to make it easier to view. However this one will not be updated anymore) @Erst Erst as Celes the architect/construction worker [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34979719][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/349798/34979719_350.png[/img][/url] @Chrysocolla Chrysocolla as Jakal the necromancer [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84239834][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/842399/84239834_350.png[/img][/url] @VibinFrogFolk VibinFrogFolk As Theo the archer [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=85667614&skin=0&apparel=27992,47433,47436,49010,47413,41496&xt=dressing.png[/img] <updated! welcome!> @ChaoticFriendzy ChaoticFriendzy As Zephyr the windy one (They/Them) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86189506][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861896/86189506_350.png[/img][/url] ---------------------- (Messages from before have been moved below) @ChaoticFriendzy Your more than welcome to jump in if your interested, I'm going to start it up in the next post. @Fishtastic I'm thinking of a sort of mystery in the woods setting and just seeing where it goes if you want to join now that we have atleast 3 but the both of you are still welcome to hop in! just post what dragon you'll be using and little bit about them I didn't expect anyone to be interested, so I'm super excited you all came along!
Here is the ping-list before we start
(Note, this will be reposted Below the character introduction post to make it easier to view. However this one will not be updated anymore)
@Erst

Erst
as Celes the architect/construction worker

34979719_350.png

@Chrysocolla

Chrysocolla
as Jakal the necromancer

84239834_350.png

@VibinFrogFolk

VibinFrogFolk
As Theo the archer

dragon?did=85667614&skin=0&apparel=27992,47433,47436,49010,47413,41496&xt=dressing.png

<updated! welcome!>

@ChaoticFriendzy

ChaoticFriendzy
As Zephyr the windy one (They/Them)

86189506_350.png

(Messages from before have been moved below)

@ChaoticFriendzy
Your more than welcome to jump in if your interested, I'm going to start it up in the next post.

@Fishtastic
I'm thinking of a sort of mystery in the woods setting and just seeing where it goes if you want to join now that we have atleast 3

but the both of you are still welcome to hop in! just post what dragon you'll be using and little bit about them
I didn't expect anyone to be interested, so I'm super excited you all came along!

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
[emoji=flowering tree size=1](Start of RP here) [i]In each of your possession is a scroll that reads the following; [/i] [b]HELP WANTED[/b] Nature flights willing to pay a hefty sum of treasure for any dragon who brings in the menace targeting our fellow residents. Many have turned up missing or dead as of late. Those who were found have no memory of their attacker, many of which have remained ill sense they have been returned to their respective flights. The reason for this sickness is still unknown, but is not contagious. [u]Symptoms include; [/u] [i]Loss of appetite Weakness Memory Loss Blurred Vision Fever and Severe Dehydration [/i] We urge any brave enough to step up to the challenge to act with caution. A nearby flight has given over the archer Theo as your guide, for those who are unfamiliar with the Viridian Labyrinth. Please meet in the Everbloom Gardens between dawn and sundown if your interested. And may the Gladekeeper watch over you. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I know I already tagged you both in the post above, but whenever we post I feel like it'd be best to just tag all the current participating players @Erst @Chrysocolla
(Start of RP here)
In each of your possession is a scroll that reads the following;

HELP WANTED
Nature flights willing to pay a hefty sum of treasure for any dragon who brings in the menace targeting our fellow residents. Many have turned up missing or dead as of late. Those who were found have no memory of their attacker, many of which have remained ill sense they have been returned to their respective flights. The reason for this sickness is still unknown, but is not contagious.

Symptoms include;
Loss of appetite
Weakness
Memory Loss
Blurred Vision
Fever
and Severe Dehydration

We urge any brave enough to step up to the challenge to act with caution. A nearby flight has given over the archer Theo as your guide, for those who are unfamiliar with the Viridian Labyrinth. Please meet in the Everbloom Gardens between dawn and sundown if your interested. And may the Gladekeeper watch over you.
I know I already tagged you both in the post above, but whenever we post I feel like it'd be best to just tag all the current participating players

@Erst
@Chrysocolla

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86189506][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861896/86189506_350.png[/img][/url] Zephyr, the Windy One. I haven't really developed a personality for them yet but i do have a bit of an idea and would like to try it out and develop it in rp
86189506_350.png

Zephyr, the Windy One.

I haven't really developed a personality for them yet but i do have a bit of an idea and would like to try it out and develop it in rp
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34979719][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/349798/34979719.png[/img][/url] [size=6][color=826f4d]Celes[/color][/size] Everbloom Grove |:| Interactions: Theo |:| @Chrysocolla, @VibinFrogFolk[/center] Far above, Celes rides slow currents even higher into the sky, nigh on gliding on warm winds. Its easy here, in this lush garden of horrors. The breath of plants kept currents steady, unbothered by the surface of the ocean, the shapes of cliffs, the twirling of an everlasting tornado. Its brighter too, no infinite waters to swallow the light, only trees to reflect it back up. Perhaps it would be nicer under the canopy, but he isn't looking forward to getting stuck in that maze. The thing that sticks out the most to him is just how loud it is here, a constant cacophony of birds screaming, insects buzzing, and dragons chattering assaulting the ears. The quiet shuff of water on sand is preferable any day. He still isn't sure what possessed him to come, to lash his tools to his side and leave behind his den. And yet, the hawking cries of merchants settle again in his head, how one poor merchant had pushed forward a son that barely knew where he was, begging the strong to go out, to fix it. Before he'd known it, a waterproof scroll had been pressed into his talons, and he'd gone on with his day only leave the next. Now he was here, in a vibrant hell hole, already down on treasure because he'd needed a gods accursed map. They called this place the Verdant [i]Labyrinth[/i] for a reason. Taking a deep breath, he flicked his tail and angled his wings downward, drifting in as tight of a spiral he could manage. The smells of flowers and fruit and vendors cookings hit his nose as he comes into range, and he sneezes. Celes hits the ground shortly after, not as soft a landing as he would've preferred, one that makes his bones crackle and old wounds ache as well as leaves skid marks in the ground-bound flora. Ignoring the faces the various dragons around him make, he scans the crowd. Vendors hawking wares and snacks, oh, those chocolate covered Mangos look good, and others just stand around and look. Likely tourists, unfortunately just like him. The scroll lists an archer as the individual who would lead whoever managed to show up. So the little Skydancer off to the side there, the color of sweet melons and painted blush, covered in ornamentation but holding a bow is probably the best bet. He shakes himself out, settling muscles tired of flight and knocking the braids and beads of his mane back into place, folded his wings, and approached. The little Skydancer was even stranger up close, covered in tassels and golden ribbons, with a golden head piece all but covering his eves. Wouldn't that get in the way? His own hat keeps the sun out of his eyes for the most part, at least. Celes offers a curt half-bow the the stranger, he's definitely the senior of this glittering green and pink pup, and asks "[color=#826f4d]You are the archer Theo? Who leads the hunt?[/color]". The twisting accent of the seas touches his words, but does not distort them. He doesn't give his own name, it is not yet needed, but he does offer the merchant's scroll to the little dragon, still tied neat with red wax string, small to his talons, but considerably large compared to the Skydancer.
34979719.png
Celes
Everbloom Grove |:| Interactions: Theo |:| @Chrysocolla, @VibinFrogFolk
Far above, Celes rides slow currents even higher into the sky, nigh on gliding on warm winds. Its easy here, in this lush garden of horrors. The breath of plants kept currents steady, unbothered by the surface of the ocean, the shapes of cliffs, the twirling of an everlasting tornado. Its brighter too, no infinite waters to swallow the light, only trees to reflect it back up. Perhaps it would be nicer under the canopy, but he isn't looking forward to getting stuck in that maze. The thing that sticks out the most to him is just how loud it is here, a constant cacophony of birds screaming, insects buzzing, and dragons chattering assaulting the ears. The quiet shuff of water on sand is preferable any day.

He still isn't sure what possessed him to come, to lash his tools to his side and leave behind his den. And yet, the hawking cries of merchants settle again in his head, how one poor merchant had pushed forward a son that barely knew where he was, begging the strong to go out, to fix it. Before he'd known it, a waterproof scroll had been pressed into his talons, and he'd gone on with his day only leave the next. Now he was here, in a vibrant hell hole, already down on treasure because he'd needed a gods accursed map. They called this place the Verdant Labyrinth for a reason.

Taking a deep breath, he flicked his tail and angled his wings downward, drifting in as tight of a spiral he could manage. The smells of flowers and fruit and vendors cookings hit his nose as he comes into range, and he sneezes. Celes hits the ground shortly after, not as soft a landing as he would've preferred, one that makes his bones crackle and old wounds ache as well as leaves skid marks in the ground-bound flora.

Ignoring the faces the various dragons around him make, he scans the crowd. Vendors hawking wares and snacks, oh, those chocolate covered Mangos look good, and others just stand around and look. Likely tourists, unfortunately just like him. The scroll lists an archer as the individual who would lead whoever managed to show up. So the little Skydancer off to the side there, the color of sweet melons and painted blush, covered in ornamentation but holding a bow is probably the best bet. He shakes himself out, settling muscles tired of flight and knocking the braids and beads of his mane back into place, folded his wings, and approached.

The little Skydancer was even stranger up close, covered in tassels and golden ribbons, with a golden head piece all but covering his eves. Wouldn't that get in the way? His own hat keeps the sun out of his eyes for the most part, at least. Celes offers a curt half-bow the the stranger, he's definitely the senior of this glittering green and pink pup, and asks "You are the archer Theo? Who leads the hunt?". The twisting accent of the seas touches his words, but does not distort them. He doesn't give his own name, it is not yet needed, but he does offer the merchant's scroll to the little dragon, still tied neat with red wax string, small to his talons, but considerably large compared to the Skydancer.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Do you love the color of the sky?
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84239834][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/842399/84239834_350.png[/img][/url] A colorful flash darted through the labyrinth, zipping around corners and twisting through the air like a dancer's ribbon. A spiral whipped through the air and whizzed by unsuspecting bystanders, unsure if they were lost in the seemingly eternal maze or if they were simply enjoying a walk. Jakal ((pronounced Yak•ahl)) hardly cared, though, as he had something else on his mind. He followed the scent of freshly cooked food. He zigged left, zagged right, and threw in a loop for a bit of razzle-dazzle. The stronger the scent became, the quicker, and more recklessly, Jakal flew. His eyes grew wide as a small gathering of dragons and vendors came into view. [i]This must be the Everglow Gardens![/i] He tightly gripped a rolled scroll in his claw. The promise of riches drove the spiral's eager eye as he scanned the crowd for the archer Theo. As his patience dwindled and his excitement grew, Jakal didn't seem to notice the enormous Imperial in front of him. "Oof!" Jakal finally came to a halt on the rear of the dragon with a small splat. After a moment, he comically peeled off of him like uncooked spaghetti thrown onto a wall, and fell to the ground in a coiled pile. ((Should I ping or are we all subbed?))
84239834_350.png

A colorful flash darted through the labyrinth, zipping around corners and twisting through the air like a dancer's ribbon. A spiral whipped through the air and whizzed by unsuspecting bystanders, unsure if they were lost in the seemingly eternal maze or if they were simply enjoying a walk. Jakal ((pronounced Yak•ahl)) hardly cared, though, as he had something else on his mind.
He followed the scent of freshly cooked food. He zigged left, zagged right, and threw in a loop for a bit of razzle-dazzle.
The stronger the scent became, the quicker, and more recklessly, Jakal flew. His eyes grew wide as a small gathering of dragons and vendors came into view. This must be the Everglow Gardens! He tightly gripped a rolled scroll in his claw. The promise of riches drove the spiral's eager eye as he scanned the crowd for the archer Theo.
As his patience dwindled and his excitement grew, Jakal didn't seem to notice the enormous Imperial in front of him.

"Oof!"

Jakal finally came to a halt on the rear of the dragon with a small splat. After a moment, he comically peeled off of him like uncooked spaghetti thrown onto a wall, and fell to the ground in a coiled pile.

((Should I ping or are we all subbed?))
The archer marveled in enthrallment at the newcomers, for secretly he was afraid no one would show up. "What a delight!" The skydancer lifted themselves just enough off the ground to meet the imperial face to face. Displaying a wide grin, his eyes full of splendor as he shook the stranger's hand vigorously and repossessed the scroll. He was often known in his flight for his upbeat personality, as well as his lack of understanding concerning another's personal space.

"Greetings, greetings friends! Welcome to our domain!"

Landing just behind the imperial that towered over them, he picked the spiral that lay strewn about from their crash landing. Embracing them in a hug. "Many thanks for your bravery and concerns! Pleased to meet you, I am indeed Theo. The one mentioned in our posting. What may I call you two welcomed guests?" He spoke with much gusto in his voice, followed by some rather dramatic gestures.

@Chrysocolla (I would just so we know who posted last or if someone responded)
@Erst, @ChaoticFriendzy
The archer marveled in enthrallment at the newcomers, for secretly he was afraid no one would show up. "What a delight!" The skydancer lifted themselves just enough off the ground to meet the imperial face to face. Displaying a wide grin, his eyes full of splendor as he shook the stranger's hand vigorously and repossessed the scroll. He was often known in his flight for his upbeat personality, as well as his lack of understanding concerning another's personal space.

"Greetings, greetings friends! Welcome to our domain!"

Landing just behind the imperial that towered over them, he picked the spiral that lay strewn about from their crash landing. Embracing them in a hug. "Many thanks for your bravery and concerns! Pleased to meet you, I am indeed Theo. The one mentioned in our posting. What may I call you two welcomed guests?" He spoke with much gusto in his voice, followed by some rather dramatic gestures.

@Chrysocolla (I would just so we know who posted last or if someone responded)
@Erst, @ChaoticFriendzy

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34979719][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/349798/34979719.png[/img][/url] [size=6][color=826f4d]Celes[/color][/size] Everbloom Grove |:| Interactions: Theo, Jakal |:| @Chrysocolla, @VibinFrogFolk[/center] It had taken all of three seconds for the archer to try an make up for the height difference, by taking flight. Celes hummed deep in his throat, leaning his head back slightly as this, well, very excited would be an understatement, glittering pup hovered much to close to his face. Being greeted with a smile so wide he could count all the others teeth was not an experience he'd get anywhere on the sea, save fortune hawkers about to try for a life's savings, and it was off-putting as such. The little dragon was surprisingly strong, shaking Celes' offered talons with enough force it made his elbow pop. And then something rammed into him from behind. He whipped his head around to see a dark spiral with very bright coloring splat to the ground like a piece of undercooked pasta, only to be lifted back into the air by the sparkly pup. With silent praises to numerous gods that he was too big to receive the same treatment, he turned around, intending to rescue the new stranger. "[color=826f4d]Perhaps we make sure the Spiral did not injure his head before crushing his lungs.[/color]" he intoned, waving one hand to try and signal Theo to let go of the poor noodle. The pup certainly was a very active speaker, and it wouldn't be very good to knock the unknown Spiral about too much if he did end up having a head injury. "[color=826f4d]I am called Celes, by the way.[/color]".
34979719.png
Celes
Everbloom Grove |:| Interactions: Theo, Jakal |:| @Chrysocolla, @VibinFrogFolk

It had taken all of three seconds for the archer to try an make up for the height difference, by taking flight. Celes hummed deep in his throat, leaning his head back slightly as this, well, very excited would be an understatement, glittering pup hovered much to close to his face. Being greeted with a smile so wide he could count all the others teeth was not an experience he'd get anywhere on the sea, save fortune hawkers about to try for a life's savings, and it was off-putting as such. The little dragon was surprisingly strong, shaking Celes' offered talons with enough force it made his elbow pop.

And then something rammed into him from behind. He whipped his head around to see a dark spiral with very bright coloring splat to the ground like a piece of undercooked pasta, only to be lifted back into the air by the sparkly pup. With silent praises to numerous gods that he was too big to receive the same treatment, he turned around, intending to rescue the new stranger. "Perhaps we make sure the Spiral did not injure his head before crushing his lungs." he intoned, waving one hand to try and signal Theo to let go of the poor noodle. The pup certainly was a very active speaker, and it wouldn't be very good to knock the unknown Spiral about too much if he did end up having a head injury. "I am called Celes, by the way.".
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Do you love the color of the sky?
A soft breeze portends the arrival of a light green Aether, gracefully flowing through the treeline before coming to a halt, floating just above the ground, clutching a scroll in their paws. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86189506][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861896/86189506_350.png[/img][/url] "Ah, this is the place! My, i can see there are already some faces around here! So, there's an inexplicable creature that carries a disease that afflicts the survivors of it's attacks? Fascinating!"
A soft breeze portends the arrival of a light green Aether, gracefully flowing through the treeline before coming to a halt, floating just above the ground, clutching a scroll in their paws.

86189506_350.png

"Ah, this is the place! My, i can see there are already some faces around here!

So, there's an inexplicable creature that carries a disease that afflicts the survivors of it's attacks? Fascinating!"
Uh, anyone interested?
Uh, anyone interested?
Not a moment after he fell to the ground, Jakal was lifted into the air by eager claws. After a thorough hug, he wriggled out of the skydancer's grip, and met his grin with his own toothy smile.

"I'm Jakal!"

The spiral blurted out, still gathering his bearings after his crash landing. When his vision cleared, he noticed another, greener dragon had appeared, and mentioned something about a disease.

"A disease that affects the survivors? I've seen something like that in the Scarred Wasteland before." He offered. The body of the spiral began to shimmer gently Large, green pustules and red, swollen veins appeared along his flank out of thin air.
"I met a guardian with boils on her skin like this," he said, grinning proudly. "When they burst, they contaminate anyone who comes into contact with the fluid." In a single motion, Jakal appeared to become a greenish-yellow liquid that splattered to the ground. A moment later, the air shimmered and the spiral reappeared.

"Is that what we're dealing with here?" He asked Theo.
Not a moment after he fell to the ground, Jakal was lifted into the air by eager claws. After a thorough hug, he wriggled out of the skydancer's grip, and met his grin with his own toothy smile.

"I'm Jakal!"

The spiral blurted out, still gathering his bearings after his crash landing. When his vision cleared, he noticed another, greener dragon had appeared, and mentioned something about a disease.

"A disease that affects the survivors? I've seen something like that in the Scarred Wasteland before." He offered. The body of the spiral began to shimmer gently Large, green pustules and red, swollen veins appeared along his flank out of thin air.
"I met a guardian with boils on her skin like this," he said, grinning proudly. "When they burst, they contaminate anyone who comes into contact with the fluid." In a single motion, Jakal appeared to become a greenish-yellow liquid that splattered to the ground. A moment later, the air shimmered and the spiral reappeared.

"Is that what we're dealing with here?" He asked Theo.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10