Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Search for the Cure OOC (closed!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
*Name: Cosmere
Gender/Pronouns: he/him
*Species: Aether
*Species Origin: Flight rising I guess XD

*Physical Description:
Cosmere

*Species Description: Aethers love research. Maybe a bit too much. You see, their love for books is so great they not only read them, but consume them.

Their diet is plants and insects, and the occasional paper.

Personality:Cosmere is a pretty chill dragon. Like the rest of his species, he loves research and experiments. And books.

He’s also very accepting of others and is quite social. Having grown up around other Aethers of different elemental alignments, he’s open to the concept of diversity and empathy.

He also lives giving plain objects very, very, fancy names.

Backstory:Nothing too interesting?

*Species/Character Limitations or Advantages: Aethers can fly, and as an Arcane element dragon, Cosmere can use Rune Slash, Mana bolt, and Enfeeble.

Roles
Please include your selected roles below. If you have chosen a limited role, please have a backup role chosen as well.

*Primary Role: Soldier

*Secondary Role: Soldier

Minor Role: Meteorologist

Backup Roles: they're all unlimited roles

Stats
Please distribute 9 points as you see fit into the first box of each category, with each stat maxing out at +3. You may also subtract points from one stat and apply them elsewhere. In the second box of each category, please add any modifiers from items, armor, or roles.

Strength: (+0)(+2 from role)
Magic: (+3)

Defense: (+0)
Focus: (+1)

Agility: (+2)(+2 from role)
Vitality: (+0)

Sense: (+1)
Observation: (+2)

Inventory
All items your character has will be listed here. Be sure to update this anytime your character gains or loses something.
Your character may not start out with armor or weapons, but any trinkets your character may carry with them can be included in Possessions.

Weapons/Armor:
-none

Possessions:
-a telescope for looking at the stars (Or as Cosmere calls it, “Stargazing copper tube”

Extra:
none
*Name: Cosmere
Gender/Pronouns: he/him
*Species: Aether
*Species Origin: Flight rising I guess XD

*Physical Description:
Cosmere

*Species Description: Aethers love research. Maybe a bit too much. You see, their love for books is so great they not only read them, but consume them.

Their diet is plants and insects, and the occasional paper.

Personality:Cosmere is a pretty chill dragon. Like the rest of his species, he loves research and experiments. And books.

He’s also very accepting of others and is quite social. Having grown up around other Aethers of different elemental alignments, he’s open to the concept of diversity and empathy.

He also lives giving plain objects very, very, fancy names.

Backstory:Nothing too interesting?

*Species/Character Limitations or Advantages: Aethers can fly, and as an Arcane element dragon, Cosmere can use Rune Slash, Mana bolt, and Enfeeble.

Roles
Please include your selected roles below. If you have chosen a limited role, please have a backup role chosen as well.

*Primary Role: Soldier

*Secondary Role: Soldier

Minor Role: Meteorologist

Backup Roles: they're all unlimited roles

Stats
Please distribute 9 points as you see fit into the first box of each category, with each stat maxing out at +3. You may also subtract points from one stat and apply them elsewhere. In the second box of each category, please add any modifiers from items, armor, or roles.

Strength: (+0)(+2 from role)
Magic: (+3)

Defense: (+0)
Focus: (+1)

Agility: (+2)(+2 from role)
Vitality: (+0)

Sense: (+1)
Observation: (+2)

Inventory
All items your character has will be listed here. Be sure to update this anytime your character gains or loses something.
Your character may not start out with armor or weapons, but any trinkets your character may carry with them can be included in Possessions.

Weapons/Armor:
-none

Possessions:
-a telescope for looking at the stars (Or as Cosmere calls it, “Stargazing copper tube”

Extra:
none
xpxalNl.gif
Progress update!

I'm still working on some of the characters, but most of the early game plot is ready for the pre-rp! Hopefully we should be able to start within the next 7-10 days
Progress update!

I'm still working on some of the characters, but most of the early game plot is ready for the pre-rp! Hopefully we should be able to start within the next 7-10 days
FR +2
GalacticBat

I must not have seen the notif from your post, sorry I didn't respond till now. I was starting to wonder if we'd get a meteorologist or not, so it's nice to see one!

With that it looks like all our roles are filled! If anyone still wants to add another character don't be afraid to double up on available rolls. And if anyone has any ideas for additional rolls to be added let me know! Just a reminder that your stats and roles aren't set in stone until the main rp starts :D
GalacticBat

I must not have seen the notif from your post, sorry I didn't respond till now. I was starting to wonder if we'd get a meteorologist or not, so it's nice to see one!

With that it looks like all our roles are filled! If anyone still wants to add another character don't be afraid to double up on available rolls. And if anyone has any ideas for additional rolls to be added let me know! Just a reminder that your stats and roles aren't set in stone until the main rp starts :D
FR +2
oops, I forgor about that other character, lemme get 'em in here real quick
oops, I forgor about that other character, lemme get 'em in here real quick
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
I want to add in Bartz and I have some things planned for him.
LIo8D8G.gif
Also I have a few more questions:

- am I allowed to alter my character(s) before the IC starts?
- are we allowed to "alter" a role? (i.e, choose solider but then make it more of a gunslinger type by choosing ranged weapons and high sense or a monk by choosing melee weapons and high agility)
- can our stats work together with our roles? For example, if I had a Med/Bio/Cook and then added high observation, would that make my character better at determining which plants are safe or not? (i.e being able to tell that a plant is poisonous because "wait, that's not the right shade of purple...")

Also I have a few more questions:

- am I allowed to alter my character(s) before the IC starts?
- are we allowed to "alter" a role? (i.e, choose solider but then make it more of a gunslinger type by choosing ranged weapons and high sense or a monk by choosing melee weapons and high agility)
- can our stats work together with our roles? For example, if I had a Med/Bio/Cook and then added high observation, would that make my character better at determining which plants are safe or not? (i.e being able to tell that a plant is poisonous because "wait, that's not the right shade of purple...")

0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
[quote name="Catlover422" date="2023-03-13 06:29:02" ] I want to add in Bartz and I have some things planned for him. [/quote] your poor blorbos "I have some things planned for him" almost never turns out well for your FFIV bois (I know they aren't all from FFIV but that's easier for me to call them)
Catlover422 wrote on 2023-03-13 06:29:02:

your poor blorbos "I have some things planned for him" almost never turns out well for your FFIV bois (I know they aren't all from FFIV but that's easier for me to call them)
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
[quote name="BalticDeerOwl" date="2023-03-13 06:41:56" ] [quote name="Catlover422" date="2023-03-13 06:29:02" ] I want to add in Bartz and I have some things planned for him. [/quote] your poor blorbos "I have some things planned for him" almost never turns out well for your FFIV bois (I know they aren't all from FFIV but that's easier for me to call them) [/quote] Tidus gets the worst of it so…
BalticDeerOwl wrote on 2023-03-13 06:41:56:
Catlover422 wrote on 2023-03-13 06:29:02:

your poor blorbos "I have some things planned for him" almost never turns out well for your FFIV bois (I know they aren't all from FFIV but that's easier for me to call them)
Tidus gets the worst of it so…
LIo8D8G.gif
[quote=BalticDeerOwl] am I allowed to alter my character(s) before the IC starts? [/quote] Yep! Until the pre-rp starts you don't even have to tell me really. I'll go over everyone's characters one last time before we start, after that point you can still edit your character until the main rp starts, just let me know what you've changed. [quote=BalticDeerOwl] are we allowed to "alter" a role? [/quote] You can call your roll whatever you like, but the extra bonuses they offer will more or less stay the same. Just be sure to use the actual role name on the CS. For your weapon, your character will be given the option to choose from a wide variety of weapons that you yourself can choose the appearance and function of, but there will be set stats for each weapon. For example, you choose a melee weapon with, say, high blunt damage but slow recharge(weapon stats are a big wip). You could choose to make this weapon a hammer, a large bat, a non-studded mace, whatever fits the general description of the weapon provided. [quote=BalticDeerOwl] can our stats work together with our roles? [/quote] That wasn't in my original plan, but that is a very good idea when I think about it! Pretty much everything dealing with roles is still a wip, so their exact functions out on the field are pretty fluid right now. But yeah, thats a very good idea! I'll see if I can work that in :D
BalticDeerOwl wrote:
am I allowed to alter my character(s) before the IC starts?
Yep! Until the pre-rp starts you don't even have to tell me really. I'll go over everyone's characters one last time before we start, after that point you can still edit your character until the main rp starts, just let me know what you've changed.

BalticDeerOwl wrote:
are we allowed to "alter" a role?
You can call your roll whatever you like, but the extra bonuses they offer will more or less stay the same. Just be sure to use the actual role name on the CS. For your weapon, your character will be given the option to choose from a wide variety of weapons that you yourself can choose the appearance and function of, but there will be set stats for each weapon. For example, you choose a melee weapon with, say, high blunt damage but slow recharge(weapon stats are a big wip). You could choose to make this weapon a hammer, a large bat, a non-studded mace, whatever fits the general description of the weapon provided.

BalticDeerOwl wrote:
can our stats work together with our roles?
That wasn't in my original plan, but that is a very good idea when I think about it! Pretty much everything dealing with roles is still a wip, so their exact functions out on the field are pretty fluid right now. But yeah, thats a very good idea! I'll see if I can work that in :D
FR +2
So I may or may not have been playing Portal 2 while everything in here was quiet. Now I want to add Wheatley because he’s great

Maybe keep him away from the birds… if there are any birds

Edit: FORGET IT I’M ADDING WHEATLEY. Going to go with human AU
So I may or may not have been playing Portal 2 while everything in here was quiet. Now I want to add Wheatley because he’s great

Maybe keep him away from the birds… if there are any birds

Edit: FORGET IT I’M ADDING WHEATLEY. Going to go with human AU
xpxalNl.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10