Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Search for the Cure OOC (closed!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I love everyone's characters! And don't worry about the abundance of soldiers, I kinda figured we'd get a lot lol. But of course, if anyone ever wants to change their mind on their role go right ahead, it's not really set in stone until the main rp starts. But yeah, if you do decide to change your role just be sure to let us know :D
I love everyone's characters! And don't worry about the abundance of soldiers, I kinda figured we'd get a lot lol. But of course, if anyone ever wants to change their mind on their role go right ahead, it's not really set in stone until the main rp starts. But yeah, if you do decide to change your role just be sure to let us know :D
FR +2
might add in Gourmand as Bio/Med/Cook
might add in Gourmand as Bio/Med/Cook
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
actually I will (maybe not gourmand but same roles) because i just looked at that combo and it's amazing because starting with little healing supplies doesn't matter because I can find my own, and food isn't an issue either. Secondary med appears to get the same healing abilites as Primary med, sooooo... Infinite (or lots of) heals + food??? [img]https://i.postimg.cc/cKmRH0NV/Screenshot-2023-02-27-3-51-40-PM.png[/img] [s]if someone else takes pack mule as Primary-HOO BOY[/s]
actually I will (maybe not gourmand but same roles) because i just looked at that combo and it's amazing because starting with little healing supplies doesn't matter because I can find my own, and food isn't an issue either. Secondary med appears to get the same healing abilites as Primary med, sooooo...

Infinite (or lots of) heals + food???

Screenshot-2023-02-27-3-51-40-PM.png

if someone else takes pack mule as Primary-HOO BOY
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
That's an interesting role combo! They're probably gonna be a huge help for our group. Can't wait to see em! But also.. [quote=BalticDeerOwl] Secondary med appears to get the same healing abilites as Primary med, sooooo... [/quote] I feel like I should go into a little more detail on this. The way I have it planned is that all characters can do any action any role can do, just with a much lower success rate. So roles like Medic, that say " Your character can use any type of medical/healing item with a high success rate.", this would imply that, say if the success rate for healing without the role is 25%, that that rate would go up, likely by about 50%, bringing your success rate up to 75%. If you got the secondary medic role, the boost would be a bit lower, and would probably bring you up, say, 30%, leaving your success rate at 55%. If you were to get both roles, the boosts would stack and your rate would be boosted to around 95%, the highest success rate possible. Keep in mind that any character who is not a medic may attempt to heal allies, but if they fail there will also be a chance that they accidentally hurt them instead. I still have to figure out how high this chance is, but by default it probably wont be any higher than 50%. The Biologist role is also like this. Every character can go out and gather materials, but a character without the Biologist role is far less likely to correctly identify safe or useful vegetation. They would also run the risk of encountering dangerous wildlife without the proper knowledge of how to avoid them. Both roles can gather vegetation as a food source, but only the primary role can gather medicinal supplies while only the secondary role can identify wildlife. If you have both the primary and secondary roles then your character would have all of these abilities. With Pack Mule, the total amount of stuff that you carry would also be increased if you have both. You would also get both stat changes, so you'd get STR +2 and AGL -1. It's also the same with the Soldier, with a total of STR+3 and AGL +3. So yeah, while you are correct in saying that they get the same ability, the primary role's chances of success are quite a bit higher than the secondary's!
That's an interesting role combo! They're probably gonna be a huge help for our group. Can't wait to see em!

But also..
BalticDeerOwl wrote:
Secondary med appears to get the same healing abilites as Primary med, sooooo...

I feel like I should go into a little more detail on this.

The way I have it planned is that all characters can do any action any role can do, just with a much lower success rate. So roles like Medic, that say " Your character can use any type of medical/healing item with a high success rate.", this would imply that, say if the success rate for healing without the role is 25%, that that rate would go up, likely by about 50%, bringing your success rate up to 75%.

If you got the secondary medic role, the boost would be a bit lower, and would probably bring you up, say, 30%, leaving your success rate at 55%. If you were to get both roles, the boosts would stack and your rate would be boosted to around 95%, the highest success rate possible. Keep in mind that any character who is not a medic may attempt to heal allies, but if they fail there will also be a chance that they accidentally hurt them instead. I still have to figure out how high this chance is, but by default it probably wont be any higher than 50%.

The Biologist role is also like this. Every character can go out and gather materials, but a character without the Biologist role is far less likely to correctly identify safe or useful vegetation. They would also run the risk of encountering dangerous wildlife without the proper knowledge of how to avoid them. Both roles can gather vegetation as a food source, but only the primary role can gather medicinal supplies while only the secondary role can identify wildlife. If you have both the primary and secondary roles then your character would have all of these abilities.

With Pack Mule, the total amount of stuff that you carry would also be increased if you have both. You would also get both stat changes, so you'd get STR +2 and AGL -1. It's also the same with the Soldier, with a total of STR+3 and AGL +3.

So yeah, while you are correct in saying that they get the same ability, the primary role's chances of success are quite a bit higher than the secondary's!

FR +2
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I assumed they had the same because they have the same wording. I'll probably use that same build just with Med and Bio swapped around. Also thinking of using a fennix for the Med/Bio/Cook and taking out Vex because I just added him 'cause I had no better ideas.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I assumed they had the same because they have the same wording. I'll probably use that same build just with Med and Bio swapped around. Also thinking of using a fennix for the Med/Bio/Cook and taking out Vex because I just added him 'cause I had no better ideas.
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
I’m hoping that the group doesn’t drive Firion crazy.
I’m hoping that the group doesn’t drive Firion crazy.
LIo8D8G.gif
Sheet is not technically finished but I have the majority up. The rest will be put in tomorrow:) [b]Name[/b]: Eve, model name is MAU-S373 [b]Age[/b]: No age, was built 5 human years ago [b]Gender/Pronouns[/b]: Nonbinary, they/them [b]Species[/b]: Specialized Android [b]Species Origin[/b]: Original [b]Physical Description[/b]: [img]https://i.imgur.com/DvB2ihQ.png[/img] [b]Species Description[/b]: Eve is a specialized android unit, created to look more cyborg-like rather than purely just mechanical. These android units are created to perform specific tasks and generally are based after humanoid species. Androids are pretty human-like and, if it weren’t for their mechanical parts, they would be able to pass as the species they are based off of. Generally, these androids are only programmed with basic functions, but some are programmed with a learning and personality interface. [b]Personality[/b]: I’m typing it, it’ll be up tomorrow. Have big test so :> [b]Backstory[/b]: Better details TBD. Essentially, Eve was originally built to become a doctor, which is why they have a learning and personality interface. However, once the infection was discovered they were switched to studying that, along with getting some combat training for the expedition. [b]Species/Character Limitations or Advantages[/b]:[LIST] [*]Eve has armored legs and forearms which are more difficult to damage than the artificial skin that they have. [*]They also have very good eyesight and memory, being able to recall obscure points of data thanks to their large memory storage. [*]Eve can perform small feats of magic. They can harness this magic for combat situations. [*]Eve has been specifically modified for this expedition to survive off food rather than electricity. However, food is a less charged source of energy and they require a lot more to function properly. [*]All androids are unable to go in water for long periods of time or be fully submerged without some sort of water proof suit. Water can cause their circuitry to malfunction, making it potentially deadly. If they can get under water safely, they cannot swim and instead must push off surfaces, much like a hippo does. [*]Eve sacrificed strength for agility and as such they are not very strong and are surprisingly light, unlike most androids. [/LIST] [b]Roles[/b] [b]Primary Role[/b]: Virologist [b]Secondary Role[/b]: Soldier [b]Minor Role[/b]: Linguist [b]Backup Roles[/b]: Aazolin Biologist [b]Stats[/b] Strength: (+0) (+1 from soldier) Magic: (+2) Defense: (+0) Focus: (+0) Agility: (+2) (+1 from soldier) Vitality: (+1) Sense: (+1) Observation: (+3) Inventory [b]Weapons/Armor[/b]: -none [b]Possessions[/b]: -none [b]Extra[/b]: (anything that you want to include but doesn’t fit in the above categories can go here)
Sheet is not technically finished but I have the majority up. The rest will be put in tomorrow:)

Name: Eve, model name is MAU-S373
Gender/Pronouns: Nonbinary, they/them
Species: Specialized Android
Species Origin: Original

Physical Description: DvB2ihQ.png

Species Description: Eve is a specialized android unit, created to look more cyborg-like rather than purely just mechanical. These android units are created to perform specific tasks and generally are based after humanoid species. Androids are pretty human-like and, if it weren’t for their mechanical parts, they would be able to pass as the species they are based off of. Generally, these androids are only programmed with basic functions, but some are programmed with a learning and personality interface.

Personality: I’m typing it, it’ll be up tomorrow. Have big test so :>

Backstory: Better details TBD. Essentially, Eve was originally built to become a doctor, which is why they have a learning and personality interface. However, once the infection was discovered they were switched to studying that, along with getting some combat training for the expedition.
Species/Character Limitations or Advantages:
  • Eve has armored legs and forearms which are more difficult to damage than the artificial skin that they have.
  • They also have very good eyesight and memory, being able to recall obscure points of data thanks to their large memory storage.
  • Eve can perform small feats of magic. They can harness this magic for combat situations.
  • Eve has been specifically modified for this expedition to survive off food rather than electricity. However, food is a less charged source of energy and they require a lot more to function properly.
  • All androids are unable to go in water for long periods of time or be fully submerged without some sort of water proof suit. Water can cause their circuitry to malfunction, making it potentially deadly. If they can get under water safely, they cannot swim and instead must push off surfaces, much like a hippo does.
  • Eve sacrificed strength for agility and as such they are not very strong and are surprisingly light, unlike most androids.

Roles

Primary Role: Virologist

Secondary Role: Soldier

Minor Role: Linguist

Backup Roles: Aazolin Biologist

Stats

Strength: (+0) (+1 from soldier)
Magic: (+2)

Defense: (+0)
Focus: (+0)

Agility: (+2) (+1 from soldier)
Vitality: (+1)

Sense: (+1)
Observation: (+3)

Inventory

Weapons/Armor:
-none

Possessions:
-none

Extra:
(anything that you want to include but doesn’t fit in the above categories can go here)
mU3UPIq.jpeg
oh, by the way, with stats, I'm a bit confused on how to write it. Should I put their base stat, and then role add-ons like this:

Strength: (+2) (+2 from soldier)

For a total of +4, or should I just combine them, like this?

Strength: (+4)
oh, by the way, with stats, I'm a bit confused on how to write it. Should I put their base stat, and then role add-ons like this:

Strength: (+2) (+2 from soldier)

For a total of +4, or should I just combine them, like this?

Strength: (+4)
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
Oh yeah, I must've forgot to change that lol. The first one, (+2) (+2 from soldier) was more or less what I had in mind since it makes it a little easier to figure out where the extra points are coming from.
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll try to remember to fix that.
Oh yeah, I must've forgot to change that lol. The first one, (+2) (+2 from soldier) was more or less what I had in mind since it makes it a little easier to figure out where the extra points are coming from.
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll try to remember to fix that.
FR +2
Pre rp Progress update:

- Rough draft for the transport ship is done

- npc characters are about a quarter of the way done

- rough outline for the general plot is a work in progress
Pre rp Progress update:

- Rough draft for the transport ship is done

- npc characters are about a quarter of the way done

- rough outline for the general plot is a work in progress
FR +2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10