Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Smoky Tavern (open roleplay)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sable led the three around the back of the library to the spot he had chosen. On the ground infront of the quartet lie a large circle of golden yellow thread which had clearly been looped over itself a few times.

"Now, if you'll all please take your place within the circle," he said whilst gesturing to the center. "Make sure you're completely within the circle. Any stray limbs sticking out could leave you with some rather unpleasant effects afterwards."
Sable led the three around the back of the library to the spot he had chosen. On the ground infront of the quartet lie a large circle of golden yellow thread which had clearly been looped over itself a few times.

"Now, if you'll all please take your place within the circle," he said whilst gesturing to the center. "Make sure you're completely within the circle. Any stray limbs sticking out could leave you with some rather unpleasant effects afterwards."
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"Noted..." Patchwork said as he stepped into the circle first, making sure he was completely in the circle. Transmission and Almandite do the same as Patchwork did.
"Noted..." Patchwork said as he stepped into the circle first, making sure he was completely in the circle. Transmission and Almandite do the same as Patchwork did.
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
"Very good then." Sable nodded, approaching the circle. "Now," he embedded his fingertips firmly within the earth on the inside of the circle while the rest of his body remained outside of it, "do your best to stay where you are."

Sparks erupted from the thread suddenly, and the skydancer shuddered. There was brief moment of stillness before the thread burst into flames just as quickly as it had sparked moments ago.

"Fear not the fire," he said, closing his eyes. The flames began closing in rapidly, growing higher all the while. "It won't hurt you." Again, without warning, the flames rose higher and the four of them were engulfed.

Then, as quickly as it had all started, the fire receded and disappeared entirely. The quartet still appeared as they had initially. Mostly, anyways.

Huffing, Sable straightened up. "There we are." He gestured a paw to the ground around them. The thread was gone, but there was no sign that any sort of magic (or fire for that matter) had even taken place. "All done, and like it never even happened." A warm smile crept onto his face just as the tiniest bit of blood trickled out of his nose.

"That is just the trick of it though, hm?" He took a small pocket mirror out of his apron, eyeing his reflection in it. Ironically, he seemed to have taken the form of a pink imperial much larger than he was. His smile curled into an amused smirk upon seeing this. "You can hardly tell that anything's happened at first."

(Sorry for such a late reply again! Had fun writing this post while I had a sec though. :) )
"Very good then." Sable nodded, approaching the circle. "Now," he embedded his fingertips firmly within the earth on the inside of the circle while the rest of his body remained outside of it, "do your best to stay where you are."

Sparks erupted from the thread suddenly, and the skydancer shuddered. There was brief moment of stillness before the thread burst into flames just as quickly as it had sparked moments ago.

"Fear not the fire," he said, closing his eyes. The flames began closing in rapidly, growing higher all the while. "It won't hurt you." Again, without warning, the flames rose higher and the four of them were engulfed.

Then, as quickly as it had all started, the fire receded and disappeared entirely. The quartet still appeared as they had initially. Mostly, anyways.

Huffing, Sable straightened up. "There we are." He gestured a paw to the ground around them. The thread was gone, but there was no sign that any sort of magic (or fire for that matter) had even taken place. "All done, and like it never even happened." A warm smile crept onto his face just as the tiniest bit of blood trickled out of his nose.

"That is just the trick of it though, hm?" He took a small pocket mirror out of his apron, eyeing his reflection in it. Ironically, he seemed to have taken the form of a pink imperial much larger than he was. His smile curled into an amused smirk upon seeing this. "You can hardly tell that anything's happened at first."

(Sorry for such a late reply again! Had fun writing this post while I had a sec though. :) )
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"So we...woah...." Patchwork glanced at his reflection, and saw a orange nocturne staring back at him. "Deities above..." He trailed off, not realizing that Almandite and Transmission had joined him.

Almandite looked at her reflection, and seen that she seemed to take the form of a green pearlcatcher

Transmission looked as well, and seen a purple wildclaw staring back at him.

"So, this spell only lasts for a day right?" Almandite asks Patchwork.

"Hm? Oh! He pulls out the book and checks it. "Ah yes, it says right here that the magic only works for a full day." He said before shutting the book and putting it back in his bag.
"So we...woah...." Patchwork glanced at his reflection, and saw a orange nocturne staring back at him. "Deities above..." He trailed off, not realizing that Almandite and Transmission had joined him.

Almandite looked at her reflection, and seen that she seemed to take the form of a green pearlcatcher

Transmission looked as well, and seen a purple wildclaw staring back at him.

"So, this spell only lasts for a day right?" Almandite asks Patchwork.

"Hm? Oh! He pulls out the book and checks it. "Ah yes, it says right here that the magic only works for a full day." He said before shutting the book and putting it back in his bag.
"We best be off then," he said as he titled the mirror back towards himself to get a better look at his reflection. Annoyance took over his expression and he brought the mirror closer still. "Oh by the heavens," he muttered.

Blood had continued to trickle down from his nose to where it was now just about to creep over his mouth. What a pain. He used his apron to wipe it away, which in the mirror looked more like the imperial was just wiping it off with their paw.

"Anywho." He cleared his throat, slipping the mirror back into his apron pocket. "If memory serves me well, the nearest market is due north."
"We best be off then," he said as he titled the mirror back towards himself to get a better look at his reflection. Annoyance took over his expression and he brought the mirror closer still. "Oh by the heavens," he muttered.

Blood had continued to trickle down from his nose to where it was now just about to creep over his mouth. What a pain. He used his apron to wipe it away, which in the mirror looked more like the imperial was just wiping it off with their paw.

"Anywho." He cleared his throat, slipping the mirror back into his apron pocket. "If memory serves me well, the nearest market is due north."
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"Then we best be going". says Patchwork.
"Then we best be going". says Patchwork.
(Timeskip to when they're at the market?)
(Timeskip to when they're at the market?)
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"Oh deities above this place is busy today..." Transmission groaned.

"I hear ya mission." Almandite replies.

"Yep. There's absolutely no way that....you know who, is gonna find us in this crowd. Right Sable?"
"Oh deities above this place is busy today..." Transmission groaned.

"I hear ya mission." Almandite replies.

"Yep. There's absolutely no way that....you know who, is gonna find us in this crowd. Right Sable?"
Sable scanned the crowd. "Mm, yes. With any luck your ah.. mother in law won't see us." He knocked on the wooden post of a market stall as they passed it. "Though let's try to avoid jinxing it."

"I'd prefer not to have another encounter with such an unpleasant dragon." Finally, his firey eyes settled on just the vendor he had been searching for. "Ah, here we are! Come!" He motioned with his hand and moved forward into the sea of potential buyers.
Sable scanned the crowd. "Mm, yes. With any luck your ah.. mother in law won't see us." He knocked on the wooden post of a market stall as they passed it. "Though let's try to avoid jinxing it."

"I'd prefer not to have another encounter with such an unpleasant dragon." Finally, his firey eyes settled on just the vendor he had been searching for. "Ah, here we are! Come!" He motioned with his hand and moved forward into the sea of potential buyers.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"My wha-" *oof* Patchwork didn't get to finish his sentence as Almandite quickly elbows him in the ribs.

Almandite shoots Patchwork a quick glare and followed Sable, Patchwork and Transmisson not to far behind.
"My wha-" *oof* Patchwork didn't get to finish his sentence as Almandite quickly elbows him in the ribs.

Almandite shoots Patchwork a quick glare and followed Sable, Patchwork and Transmisson not to far behind.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10