Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Smoky Tavern (open roleplay)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Patchwork finally wanders over to where the group is, a book clutched in his talons. "What are we talking about over here?"
Patchwork finally wanders over to where the group is, a book clutched in his talons. "What are we talking about over here?"
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
"That blasted enchantress," Sable sighed. He leaned back from the paper and stretched his arms out infront of him. "That and the interesting circumstances we all met her under."

"Figure if I make a new dress for her than maybe she'll spare my life." The skydancer grimaced deeply. He hated the fact that his talent was being used against him in such a way.

"Anyways," he shook his head, forcing the disgruntled expression away for the time being, "Find anything interesting hidden away in those dusty shelves?"
"That blasted enchantress," Sable sighed. He leaned back from the paper and stretched his arms out infront of him. "That and the interesting circumstances we all met her under."

"Figure if I make a new dress for her than maybe she'll spare my life." The skydancer grimaced deeply. He hated the fact that his talent was being used against him in such a way.

"Anyways," he shook his head, forcing the disgruntled expression away for the time being, "Find anything interesting hidden away in those dusty shelves?"
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"Not really anything too interesting. Just this book about magic." He said casually placing the book on the table and sitting down. "Now I never try to insult anybody but that mistress is the most horrible dragon I've even met in my entire life." Patchwork says, setting his top hat down on the table.
"Not really anything too interesting. Just this book about magic." He said casually placing the book on the table and sitting down. "Now I never try to insult anybody but that mistress is the most horrible dragon I've even met in my entire life." Patchwork says, setting his top hat down on the table.
"Oh?" Sable eyed the book with curiosity. He chuckled when Patchwork mentioned the mirror again. "I won't lie and say that I haven't met the unsavory dragon here or there, but she certainly stands out in the lineup."

"Though I do wonder if there's anything in there that we might use to evade her." He gently tapped his pencil against the books cover. "It's worth a look."
"Oh?" Sable eyed the book with curiosity. He chuckled when Patchwork mentioned the mirror again. "I won't lie and say that I haven't met the unsavory dragon here or there, but she certainly stands out in the lineup."

"Though I do wonder if there's anything in there that we might use to evade her." He gently tapped his pencil against the books cover. "It's worth a look."
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"Good point." Transmission says, sliding the book over and opening it up. He began to flip through the pages, hoping to find something
"Good point." Transmission says, sliding the book over and opening it up. He began to flip through the pages, hoping to find something
Sable watched Transmission flip through the book, making a remark every now and then on the title of a page. "'Transmutation, Transformation and Tea'? No."

A soft sigh left the skydancer and he continued to watch. Part of him wondered if they would actually find anything of use. He had some experience with magic. Albiet a limited amount that was rather short lived, but he knew enough to understand what he was reading.

"Ah! Look here," he said as he perked up suddenly and tapped his pencil on the page. "Cloaking!" He straightened up with a brief, yet hopeful excitement.

"Now, I'm not entirely unfamiliar with magic-- heavens, I certainly wouldn't be as afraid as I am of that mirror if I was--" He quickly waved his free hand to dismiss the thought. "My point is, this could be exactly what we need!"

Sable watched Transmission flip through the book, making a remark every now and then on the title of a page. "'Transmutation, Transformation and Tea'? No."

A soft sigh left the skydancer and he continued to watch. Part of him wondered if they would actually find anything of use. He had some experience with magic. Albiet a limited amount that was rather short lived, but he knew enough to understand what he was reading.

"Ah! Look here," he said as he perked up suddenly and tapped his pencil on the page. "Cloaking!" He straightened up with a brief, yet hopeful excitement.

"Now, I'm not entirely unfamiliar with magic-- heavens, I certainly wouldn't be as afraid as I am of that mirror if I was--" He quickly waved his free hand to dismiss the thought. "My point is, this could be exactly what we need!"

qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
Transmission stopped on the page about cloaking and said "Cloaking? That'd be perfect!" Almandite looks down at the book and begins reading aloud. "It says here that this certain cloaking spell can cloak dragons, but only for an entire day." Patchwork spoke up "Sable, with your magic, we can use this cloaking spell!"
Transmission stopped on the page about cloaking and said "Cloaking? That'd be perfect!" Almandite looks down at the book and begins reading aloud. "It says here that this certain cloaking spell can cloak dragons, but only for an entire day." Patchwork spoke up "Sable, with your magic, we can use this cloaking spell!"
"Well I suppose I, ah--" The skydancer began to stutter, shrinking into himself a little. "I do suppose I could perform it. Though.." He rose from his seat and began pacing off to the side of the table. "It would be best to do it in the morning once we've all woken up. The earlier the better."

"Then we.." He trailed off, deep in thought. Silence enveloped the room and his pacing quickened. Finally, he snapped his head back around to the trio. A confident and almost mischievous smile had taken hold of his face.

"I have a plan."
"Well I suppose I, ah--" The skydancer began to stutter, shrinking into himself a little. "I do suppose I could perform it. Though.." He rose from his seat and began pacing off to the side of the table. "It would be best to do it in the morning once we've all woken up. The earlier the better."

"Then we.." He trailed off, deep in thought. Silence enveloped the room and his pacing quickened. Finally, he snapped his head back around to the trio. A confident and almost mischievous smile had taken hold of his face.

"I have a plan."
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
"I like the sound of that. Let's hear it!" said Almandite.
"I like the sound of that. Let's hear it!" said Almandite.
Sable nearly burst with excitement. "There are ways, ah-- spells to make someone forget something! Further more, just about any spell or enchantment that does something to someone in some sort of way can be transfigured into a charm! Even the non-physical sort!"

He hurriedly flipped to a new page in his notepad and began sketching a diagram. "If I make her a new dress and charm it, the second she puts it on she'll forget any of this ever happened." He slid the notepad to the center of the table. "The party, the juice on her dress-- Why, everything!"

"Now tomorrow, we cloak ourselves and go the market. We'll appear just about the same as anybody else, so hiding from her shouldn't be a problem." He paused to sit down again. "We get everything we need for the dress, and maybe find an inn to stay in for the night."

"The banquet isn't for another two days, so there should plenty of time to make the dress and charm it if luck favors us," he said. "Then finally I deliver it, she puts it on, forgets everything, goes on her merry way to her little banquet, and we're saved! Or ah.. hopefully, at least."
Sable nearly burst with excitement. "There are ways, ah-- spells to make someone forget something! Further more, just about any spell or enchantment that does something to someone in some sort of way can be transfigured into a charm! Even the non-physical sort!"

He hurriedly flipped to a new page in his notepad and began sketching a diagram. "If I make her a new dress and charm it, the second she puts it on she'll forget any of this ever happened." He slid the notepad to the center of the table. "The party, the juice on her dress-- Why, everything!"

"Now tomorrow, we cloak ourselves and go the market. We'll appear just about the same as anybody else, so hiding from her shouldn't be a problem." He paused to sit down again. "We get everything we need for the dress, and maybe find an inn to stay in for the night."

"The banquet isn't for another two days, so there should plenty of time to make the dress and charm it if luck favors us," he said. "Then finally I deliver it, she puts it on, forgets everything, goes on her merry way to her little banquet, and we're saved! Or ah.. hopefully, at least."
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10