Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Space is Cool - 1x1 w SoulLugia11
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 279 280
Wallace

Wally didn't think the view could get any better, but it somehow did. The light on the inside of PET dimmed, and though he wasn't sure why, he wasn't about to protest. Comfort washed over him, the stars becoming easier to see and map out in his mind.

He could look out the window for hours and not become bored whatsoever. Even if he somehow did, he could always take out one of his sketchbooks and doodle what he saw. He was already planning to sketch a picture of Kitter and PET later. He was prepared to be hit by wave after wave of inspiration, and he was looking forward to it.

He glanced at Kitter, doing a double-take when he noticed his expression. He contemplated something for a moment, studying him further. He gave the alien a concerned look.

"Are you okay, Kitter?" he asked quietly. "Do you want to take a nap? I can keep watch for you if you want. I like to think I'm pretty observant."
Wallace

Wally didn't think the view could get any better, but it somehow did. The light on the inside of PET dimmed, and though he wasn't sure why, he wasn't about to protest. Comfort washed over him, the stars becoming easier to see and map out in his mind.

He could look out the window for hours and not become bored whatsoever. Even if he somehow did, he could always take out one of his sketchbooks and doodle what he saw. He was already planning to sketch a picture of Kitter and PET later. He was prepared to be hit by wave after wave of inspiration, and he was looking forward to it.

He glanced at Kitter, doing a double-take when he noticed his expression. He contemplated something for a moment, studying him further. He gave the alien a concerned look.

"Are you okay, Kitter?" he asked quietly. "Do you want to take a nap? I can keep watch for you if you want. I like to think I'm pretty observant."
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
He was just zoning out for a bit, his eyes were wanting to close up. He blinked them open and lifted his head a little hearing Wallace, it took him a moment to process what he was saying to him.

"...Hmmm wha-? I'm fine just... Tired." He responded, obviously out of it now. He stretched his arms above his head, his toes scrunching up as he did so. "I appreciate it, but do get some rest yourself... If you need it."

He then crossed his legs and was ready to fall asleep just sitting up like that. It wasn't the best for his back, but he didn't feel like setting up somewhere to sleep. His four eyes began to close up again.
Kitter
He was just zoning out for a bit, his eyes were wanting to close up. He blinked them open and lifted his head a little hearing Wallace, it took him a moment to process what he was saying to him.

"...Hmmm wha-? I'm fine just... Tired." He responded, obviously out of it now. He stretched his arms above his head, his toes scrunching up as he did so. "I appreciate it, but do get some rest yourself... If you need it."

He then crossed his legs and was ready to fall asleep just sitting up like that. It wasn't the best for his back, but he didn't feel like setting up somewhere to sleep. His four eyes began to close up again.
Wallace

Wally was a bit concerned about Kitter falling asleep in a position like that, but he could tell he wouldn't be able to convince him otherwise. He giggled in amusement as he watched the tired alien, deciding he was adorable when tired. Still, he wanted him to get his sleep, so he decided not to bother him further.

"Okay! Have a good sleep, Kitter," he replied lightheartedly. Leaning back in his chair once again, he let the breathtaking scenery overtake him once again. He hummed quietly, almost allowing himself to cry again. He managed to hold it back this time, but he still felt so overcome with emotion.

He took his precious stone out from his pocket, grasping it gently in his hand. The temperature was a bit cooler, but overall, it was still warm. After searching the stone for any abnormalities, he moved the hand holding it into his pocket, letting the other hang limply.

He was sure it would be a while before he would want to sleep.

"Hey PET," he said all of a sudden, making sure to stay quiet enough as to not wake Kitter up. "How're you doing?"
Wallace

Wally was a bit concerned about Kitter falling asleep in a position like that, but he could tell he wouldn't be able to convince him otherwise. He giggled in amusement as he watched the tired alien, deciding he was adorable when tired. Still, he wanted him to get his sleep, so he decided not to bother him further.

"Okay! Have a good sleep, Kitter," he replied lightheartedly. Leaning back in his chair once again, he let the breathtaking scenery overtake him once again. He hummed quietly, almost allowing himself to cry again. He managed to hold it back this time, but he still felt so overcome with emotion.

He took his precious stone out from his pocket, grasping it gently in his hand. The temperature was a bit cooler, but overall, it was still warm. After searching the stone for any abnormalities, he moved the hand holding it into his pocket, letting the other hang limply.

He was sure it would be a while before he would want to sleep.

"Hey PET," he said all of a sudden, making sure to stay quiet enough as to not wake Kitter up. "How're you doing?"
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
"Thank you..." He soon fell asleep after that, no trouble at all. He remained completely quiet we he slept like a log... Or more like a tree stump since he was sitting up. It seemed like nothing would be waking him anytime soon.

A long silence remained until Wallace spoke up. There was a hesitation from the pod, it was not expecting to be spoken to by him. It responded in a hushed tone, it's strange voice copying the boy's own volume, "I am doing well, Wallace." It paused for a moment, "How are you?"
Kitter
"Thank you..." He soon fell asleep after that, no trouble at all. He remained completely quiet we he slept like a log... Or more like a tree stump since he was sitting up. It seemed like nothing would be waking him anytime soon.

A long silence remained until Wallace spoke up. There was a hesitation from the pod, it was not expecting to be spoken to by him. It responded in a hushed tone, it's strange voice copying the boy's own volume, "I am doing well, Wallace." It paused for a moment, "How are you?"
Wallace

Wally grinned upon getting a response from the pod. "That's good to hear," he whispered back. He wanted to make sure PET wasn't tired or anything along those lines; he was pretty sure piloting for hours on end would get exhausting eventually.

He paused to consider PET's question. He let out a quiet, soft sigh of content. "I'm feeling pretty great. I'm happy I get to be here. I'm also happy to have told someone about my magic secret. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna call it. 'Magic secret'."

He snickered a bit, then let his gaze wander until it landed on the sleeping Kitter. He checked to make sure he was really asleep before turning forward again, a curious expression taking form.

"PET? Are you allowed to tell me why we can't stay on any planets for very long? Is there someone out there... trying to hurt you?"

He suddenly seemed a little scared upon mentioning that, grasping his sleeve as a few memories were starting to flood back in. When he next spoke, his voice was smaller.

"I... I know what that's like. I would never wish it on anyone."
Wallace

Wally grinned upon getting a response from the pod. "That's good to hear," he whispered back. He wanted to make sure PET wasn't tired or anything along those lines; he was pretty sure piloting for hours on end would get exhausting eventually.

He paused to consider PET's question. He let out a quiet, soft sigh of content. "I'm feeling pretty great. I'm happy I get to be here. I'm also happy to have told someone about my magic secret. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna call it. 'Magic secret'."

He snickered a bit, then let his gaze wander until it landed on the sleeping Kitter. He checked to make sure he was really asleep before turning forward again, a curious expression taking form.

"PET? Are you allowed to tell me why we can't stay on any planets for very long? Is there someone out there... trying to hurt you?"

He suddenly seemed a little scared upon mentioning that, grasping his sleeve as a few memories were starting to flood back in. When he next spoke, his voice was smaller.

"I... I know what that's like. I would never wish it on anyone."
xk7ymDQ.png
PET
Although there was no way for it to show it's acknowledgement for what Wallace was saying, it was listening. And it would do so for the rest of the way there. No snoozing or slacking off for it. It completely turned off the lights once it realized it's pilot was asleep, but there was still light coming from the stars.

It stayed silent after he asked that question, as if deciding if it were allowed to or not. Of course Kitter would mention it at some point... So it saw no issue with it. After it's long thought, it spoke up again.

"Yes." It said rather bluntly. It didn't tip toe around the answer. "Jyts. Specifically Emperor Zvo'nm. They wish to acquire the Ergonix, my pilot, for... Research purposes." It chose not to get into too much detail, it would gladly let Kitter elaborate further on what they would do if he wished to do so.
PET
Although there was no way for it to show it's acknowledgement for what Wallace was saying, it was listening. And it would do so for the rest of the way there. No snoozing or slacking off for it. It completely turned off the lights once it realized it's pilot was asleep, but there was still light coming from the stars.

It stayed silent after he asked that question, as if deciding if it were allowed to or not. Of course Kitter would mention it at some point... So it saw no issue with it. After it's long thought, it spoke up again.

"Yes." It said rather bluntly. It didn't tip toe around the answer. "Jyts. Specifically Emperor Zvo'nm. They wish to acquire the Ergonix, my pilot, for... Research purposes." It chose not to get into too much detail, it would gladly let Kitter elaborate further on what they would do if he wished to do so.
Wallace

Wally stiffened as his blood ran cold. A part of him expected to receive a ‘yes’ in response to his question, but it wasn’t what he necessarily wanted to hear. The name sounded foreign to him, which was to be expected, seeing as PET was talking about an alien emperor.

An alien emperor who wanted PET’s pilot. His new friend.

He lowered his head, eyes wide. “O-oh,” he murmured, looking troubled for a moment. He glanced at Kitter, then looked out into the stars once more. So he wasn’t alone in trying to stay hidden.

“I’m really sorry, PET. I may not know everything about your situation, but I’m not gonna let either of you get hurt if I can help it.”

He looked determined to protect his new friends, even if it meant fully tapping into his power. He tried to shake the thought from his head, yet a part of it still persisted.

“If I may ask... how powerful is Emperor Zvo’nm, exactly? Has he, or she, or they, ever seen a human before...?”
Wallace

Wally stiffened as his blood ran cold. A part of him expected to receive a ‘yes’ in response to his question, but it wasn’t what he necessarily wanted to hear. The name sounded foreign to him, which was to be expected, seeing as PET was talking about an alien emperor.

An alien emperor who wanted PET’s pilot. His new friend.

He lowered his head, eyes wide. “O-oh,” he murmured, looking troubled for a moment. He glanced at Kitter, then looked out into the stars once more. So he wasn’t alone in trying to stay hidden.

“I’m really sorry, PET. I may not know everything about your situation, but I’m not gonna let either of you get hurt if I can help it.”

He looked determined to protect his new friends, even if it meant fully tapping into his power. He tried to shake the thought from his head, yet a part of it still persisted.

“If I may ask... how powerful is Emperor Zvo’nm, exactly? Has he, or she, or they, ever seen a human before...?”
xk7ymDQ.png
PET
It emitted a rumbling grumble as it regretted bringing up the tyrant. It did not enjoy thinking about that alien one bit.

"He is strong and influential. Commands armies. Dominates species. Kills stars." It racked it's brain for an answer to the second part.

"I do not know. It is highly unlikely or else you would not be here."

The hologram above the dash flickered a bit, as if the pod was distressed just by thinking about such things. It went dead silent again.
PET
It emitted a rumbling grumble as it regretted bringing up the tyrant. It did not enjoy thinking about that alien one bit.

"He is strong and influential. Commands armies. Dominates species. Kills stars." It racked it's brain for an answer to the second part.

"I do not know. It is highly unlikely or else you would not be here."

The hologram above the dash flickered a bit, as if the pod was distressed just by thinking about such things. It went dead silent again.
Wallace

Wally could quickly tell PET was upset when discussing the alien emperor. He regretted asking about him in the first place, but he couldn’t take it back now. He could only pay attention and take notes, so he could be prepared for if - perhaps when - he came across him.

The idea of facing someone who has conquered entire species and destroyed stars scared him. Was that going to stop him from defending his friends? Absolutely not.

“Thank you for answering my questions... we don’t have to talk about it anymore, okay?” he tried to reassure PET, patting the interior wall a few times. “I won’t tell Kitter about this conversation. It’ll be between us if you’d like, and I’ll also try not to mention that guy again.”

He smiled apologetically. “Remember, I wanna pay you guys back for bringing me up here in the first place, so I’m gonna help you out in any way I can. I promise.”
Wallace

Wally could quickly tell PET was upset when discussing the alien emperor. He regretted asking about him in the first place, but he couldn’t take it back now. He could only pay attention and take notes, so he could be prepared for if - perhaps when - he came across him.

The idea of facing someone who has conquered entire species and destroyed stars scared him. Was that going to stop him from defending his friends? Absolutely not.

“Thank you for answering my questions... we don’t have to talk about it anymore, okay?” he tried to reassure PET, patting the interior wall a few times. “I won’t tell Kitter about this conversation. It’ll be between us if you’d like, and I’ll also try not to mention that guy again.”

He smiled apologetically. “Remember, I wanna pay you guys back for bringing me up here in the first place, so I’m gonna help you out in any way I can. I promise.”
xk7ymDQ.png
PET
It's interior rumbled again but didn't say much other than a very quiet, seemingly less robotic, "Thank you." It was a little surprised by the fact that it didn't freeze up while speaking to him. It usually wouldn't have responded. Maybe Wallace felt easier to talk to seeing how well he and Kitter got along.

The flight went on without a hitch, except for a few asteroids to gently guide past. Overall, a steady trail with no interruptions. The pod was still on edge, though that was usual for it. It carried precious cargo often and was always worried about messing up. But it hadn't done so for over fifty years, why worry now?

Kitter continued to sleep, actually ended up laying down after all, curling up in an animal-like fashion. Maybe his armor was kind of like cushions.... If that made any sense.

(( I added Zvo'nm to the refs hhh ))
PET
It's interior rumbled again but didn't say much other than a very quiet, seemingly less robotic, "Thank you." It was a little surprised by the fact that it didn't freeze up while speaking to him. It usually wouldn't have responded. Maybe Wallace felt easier to talk to seeing how well he and Kitter got along.

The flight went on without a hitch, except for a few asteroids to gently guide past. Overall, a steady trail with no interruptions. The pod was still on edge, though that was usual for it. It carried precious cargo often and was always worried about messing up. But it hadn't done so for over fifty years, why worry now?

Kitter continued to sleep, actually ended up laying down after all, curling up in an animal-like fashion. Maybe his armor was kind of like cushions.... If that made any sense.

(( I added Zvo'nm to the refs hhh ))
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 279 280