Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Space is Cool - 1x1 w SoulLugia11
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 279 280
Wallace

Wally nodded, happily accepting the stone back from Kitter. It felt warm in his hands, and just the act of holding it was comforting to him... mostly. There were a few times in which he had tried to seek that same comfort from the stone, only to be met with an icy sensation when he touched it.

He'd never know why it did that those few times. All he could do was hope it wouldn't ever do that again.

He was happy to hear Kitter would follow him. "Perfect! Come along, then," he replied, making his way towards the door. "Like I said, I just need to pack some stuff in my bathroom. Maaaaaybe a few snacks, too? Yeah, now that I mention it, I probably should pack at least some food, huh?"

Laughing, he opened the door and walked out into the hallway. He took a right turn, entering the bathroom and grabbing a large plastic bag from underneath the sink. He proceeded to pack some essentials, including shampoo and conditioner, body wash, lotion, toothpaste, a toothbrush, hand sanitizer, and a couple bottles of perfume.

After finishing up in the bathroom, he switched off the light and made his way downstairs. Next to the dining room was a fairly small kitchen. He began rummaging through the pantry for non-refrigerated snacks he could bring.

"Feel free to look around if you'd like! You can even try something in the fridge if you want!" he offered to Kitter, smiling brightly as he pulled out a box of gummy packs.
Wallace

Wally nodded, happily accepting the stone back from Kitter. It felt warm in his hands, and just the act of holding it was comforting to him... mostly. There were a few times in which he had tried to seek that same comfort from the stone, only to be met with an icy sensation when he touched it.

He'd never know why it did that those few times. All he could do was hope it wouldn't ever do that again.

He was happy to hear Kitter would follow him. "Perfect! Come along, then," he replied, making his way towards the door. "Like I said, I just need to pack some stuff in my bathroom. Maaaaaybe a few snacks, too? Yeah, now that I mention it, I probably should pack at least some food, huh?"

Laughing, he opened the door and walked out into the hallway. He took a right turn, entering the bathroom and grabbing a large plastic bag from underneath the sink. He proceeded to pack some essentials, including shampoo and conditioner, body wash, lotion, toothpaste, a toothbrush, hand sanitizer, and a couple bottles of perfume.

After finishing up in the bathroom, he switched off the light and made his way downstairs. Next to the dining room was a fairly small kitchen. He began rummaging through the pantry for non-refrigerated snacks he could bring.

"Feel free to look around if you'd like! You can even try something in the fridge if you want!" he offered to Kitter, smiling brightly as he pulled out a box of gummy packs.
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
He follow as he said he would. Watching him pack so many things in the bathroom, he wondered why humans had so many self care products. All he needed himself was some water, and he'd be plenty clean. He assumed human skin and fur was very different.

"Oh definitely. You may or may not like the low quality rations I take when traveling, but I think you'll like the food elsewhere that is fresh." He said as he followed Wallace down the stairs. He'd already forgotten they'd climbed in through a window before...

A refrigerator! That's what I need in Pet... He thought as he looked over at the cooling device. If he had one of those, he could take fresh food wherever he went.. But alas, he'd have to find some mechanic to install something like that. He'd might as well take advantage of the offer and help himself to something here.

"Oh thank you!" He strode over to it and opened it up. The first thing he spotted was a little can of peaches, surely those would be good. He loved fruit. After taking the can out and shutting the fridge, he opened it up with one of his claws, no can opener needed. They tasted good, nice and cold. "Do you like fruit too?" He asked after eating half the can... He ate fast, he had a big mouth. It would have been easier without his faceplates on, but he didn't want to freak out the boy by taking them off. Not yet at least.
Kitter
He follow as he said he would. Watching him pack so many things in the bathroom, he wondered why humans had so many self care products. All he needed himself was some water, and he'd be plenty clean. He assumed human skin and fur was very different.

"Oh definitely. You may or may not like the low quality rations I take when traveling, but I think you'll like the food elsewhere that is fresh." He said as he followed Wallace down the stairs. He'd already forgotten they'd climbed in through a window before...

A refrigerator! That's what I need in Pet... He thought as he looked over at the cooling device. If he had one of those, he could take fresh food wherever he went.. But alas, he'd have to find some mechanic to install something like that. He'd might as well take advantage of the offer and help himself to something here.

"Oh thank you!" He strode over to it and opened it up. The first thing he spotted was a little can of peaches, surely those would be good. He loved fruit. After taking the can out and shutting the fridge, he opened it up with one of his claws, no can opener needed. They tasted good, nice and cold. "Do you like fruit too?" He asked after eating half the can... He ate fast, he had a big mouth. It would have been easier without his faceplates on, but he didn't want to freak out the boy by taking them off. Not yet at least.
Wallace

Packs of gummies, granola bars, Nilla Wafers, and a bag of pizza-flavored goldfish were among the snacks Wally wanted to bring the most. He also kept his eye on Kitter, watching as he took out a can of peaches from the fridge. He gave the alien a gentle smile, nodding as he was asked about fruit.

"Of course! Fruit is so delicious and good for you!" he agreed happily. "I'm glad you love them too!"

He opened the fridge and took out a lime, proceeding to hold it underneath the sink faucet. He turned the water on and rinsed the lime before switching the water off and cutting the lime up into several pieces with a knife. He almost cut himself while doing so, but instead of freaking out, he laughed it off.

He scattered the pieces of lime on a paper plate and held it with one hand while he popped a slice in his mouth. The citric taste sent a shiver down his spine, and he hummed contently.

"I love both sweet and citric fruit," he added after swallowing. "Lime's my favorite, right next to peaches. I've always wanted to try grapefruit and dragonfruit, though."

As soon as a particularly exciting thought concerning fruit formed in his head, he had to stop himself from becoming overly excited again. A starry-eyed look formed on his face.

"Wait a second, I just remembered... there's gonna be alien fruit out there, isn't there?? Oh my gosh, I'm gonna try everything! What are the best non-Earth fruits you've had? How much new food is out there? Are we going to alien restaurants???"
Wallace

Packs of gummies, granola bars, Nilla Wafers, and a bag of pizza-flavored goldfish were among the snacks Wally wanted to bring the most. He also kept his eye on Kitter, watching as he took out a can of peaches from the fridge. He gave the alien a gentle smile, nodding as he was asked about fruit.

"Of course! Fruit is so delicious and good for you!" he agreed happily. "I'm glad you love them too!"

He opened the fridge and took out a lime, proceeding to hold it underneath the sink faucet. He turned the water on and rinsed the lime before switching the water off and cutting the lime up into several pieces with a knife. He almost cut himself while doing so, but instead of freaking out, he laughed it off.

He scattered the pieces of lime on a paper plate and held it with one hand while he popped a slice in his mouth. The citric taste sent a shiver down his spine, and he hummed contently.

"I love both sweet and citric fruit," he added after swallowing. "Lime's my favorite, right next to peaches. I've always wanted to try grapefruit and dragonfruit, though."

As soon as a particularly exciting thought concerning fruit formed in his head, he had to stop himself from becoming overly excited again. A starry-eyed look formed on his face.

"Wait a second, I just remembered... there's gonna be alien fruit out there, isn't there?? Oh my gosh, I'm gonna try everything! What are the best non-Earth fruits you've had? How much new food is out there? Are we going to alien restaurants???"
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
He nodded and downed the rest of the peaches before crushing the can in his hand with ease, "Well that's good to hear. A large part of my diet is fruits." He set the completely flattened can onto the counter before looking back at Wallace, watching him prepare himself some fruit. Kitter usually avoided citrus fruits... Mainly because he hadn't realized they were meant to be peeled and not eaten whole.

"I haven't heard of dragon fruit... But I have tried grapefruit." He stuck out his long black tongue in disgust at the mention of that fruit, "It's not very good... I guess it would be an aquired taste. I'd say peaches and pears are good... Oo melons too. Those are my favorite Earth fruits... But there are tons more out there."

He wasn't sure how to respond to the last part, "... Yeah I suppose those exist. I've been to bars... Inns... Never a restaurant though! Surely they exist." He chuckled at the thought of it.
Kitter
He nodded and downed the rest of the peaches before crushing the can in his hand with ease, "Well that's good to hear. A large part of my diet is fruits." He set the completely flattened can onto the counter before looking back at Wallace, watching him prepare himself some fruit. Kitter usually avoided citrus fruits... Mainly because he hadn't realized they were meant to be peeled and not eaten whole.

"I haven't heard of dragon fruit... But I have tried grapefruit." He stuck out his long black tongue in disgust at the mention of that fruit, "It's not very good... I guess it would be an aquired taste. I'd say peaches and pears are good... Oo melons too. Those are my favorite Earth fruits... But there are tons more out there."

He wasn't sure how to respond to the last part, "... Yeah I suppose those exist. I've been to bars... Inns... Never a restaurant though! Surely they exist." He chuckled at the thought of it.
Wallace

Wally gasped when he saw Kitter flatten the now-empty can of peaches with ease, staring at him impressively. "Whoa! You're so strong!" he commented, speaking perhaps a little too loudly. He didn't seem to notice, either.

He was a little surprised to hear the truth about grapefruit, but he was interested in what else Kitter had to say about his favorite fruits. Furthermore, he was looking forward to visiting all the inns and restaurants he could throughout the galaxy. Not all of them, as he didn't want to make Kitter spend all of his currency - whatever it was - but he wanted to make the most of his journey.

"Yes! They must exist! Alien inns and bars sound good too... oh wait. Do alien bars still not let kids or teenagers in?" He shrugged his shoulders sheepishly. "I know I can't drink alcohol, nor do I really want to. I'm also not a huge fan of coffee. I do really like most sodas, though!"

He was finished gathering the snacks he wanted to bring; there weren't many, but he didn't mind that. He found an empty black and white drawstring bag near the front door, where he had last left it. Smirking, he grabbed the bag and piled every snack he chose into the bag.

Turning to Kitter, he pulled on the strings in order to close up the bag. His smile grew. "I think that's everything!" he reported. "I've got snacks, bathroom stuff, my sketchbooks... other things... yeah! Is there anything else you think I'd need?"
Wallace

Wally gasped when he saw Kitter flatten the now-empty can of peaches with ease, staring at him impressively. "Whoa! You're so strong!" he commented, speaking perhaps a little too loudly. He didn't seem to notice, either.

He was a little surprised to hear the truth about grapefruit, but he was interested in what else Kitter had to say about his favorite fruits. Furthermore, he was looking forward to visiting all the inns and restaurants he could throughout the galaxy. Not all of them, as he didn't want to make Kitter spend all of his currency - whatever it was - but he wanted to make the most of his journey.

"Yes! They must exist! Alien inns and bars sound good too... oh wait. Do alien bars still not let kids or teenagers in?" He shrugged his shoulders sheepishly. "I know I can't drink alcohol, nor do I really want to. I'm also not a huge fan of coffee. I do really like most sodas, though!"

He was finished gathering the snacks he wanted to bring; there weren't many, but he didn't mind that. He found an empty black and white drawstring bag near the front door, where he had last left it. Smirking, he grabbed the bag and piled every snack he chose into the bag.

Turning to Kitter, he pulled on the strings in order to close up the bag. His smile grew. "I think that's everything!" he reported. "I've got snacks, bathroom stuff, my sketchbooks... other things... yeah! Is there anything else you think I'd need?"
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
"Oh yes, heh. I'm a big boy, am I not?" He smirked beneath his plates. He guessed crushing cans like that wasn't necessarily common here, but hey, it was crushable. Got to save any snakes that may try wander in, or atleast that is what he had been told.

He tilted his head, "Ah nah... They'd let any age in. I've seen newborns in bars in some places... Of course, the parents would be the biggest in the room." He chuckled light-heartedly, "I'm sure there are drinks you would like.... Non-alcoholic of course." It could be assumed that alcohol from far galaxies was... Wild.

He picked up the sketchbooks again off the counter, "I'm not knowledgeable about what little humans like you need, but it seems you've got everything covered."
Kitter
"Oh yes, heh. I'm a big boy, am I not?" He smirked beneath his plates. He guessed crushing cans like that wasn't necessarily common here, but hey, it was crushable. Got to save any snakes that may try wander in, or atleast that is what he had been told.

He tilted his head, "Ah nah... They'd let any age in. I've seen newborns in bars in some places... Of course, the parents would be the biggest in the room." He chuckled light-heartedly, "I'm sure there are drinks you would like.... Non-alcoholic of course." It could be assumed that alcohol from far galaxies was... Wild.

He picked up the sketchbooks again off the counter, "I'm not knowledgeable about what little humans like you need, but it seems you've got everything covered."
Wallace

Once again, Wally's mind was blown out of proportion. Just the thought of there being a single baby in a bar was a foreign one, as well as one he never thought he would see in his lifetime. On the plus side, that meant he wouldn't be denied entry into a bar. He could go in with Kitter, instead of having to wait outside, possibly alone if PET went in too.

"That is... wild," he gaped, a thoughtful look crossing his face for a moment. "Heh. That would never fly here on Earth! You've gotta be an adult in order to even enter a bar around here, let alone drink what they've got! I wonder how many other differences there's gonna be... the list is probably endless!"

He threw his arms up into the air and giggled. "Aww, you said little human! I love it! Anyways, be right back! Gotta get my other bag!"

He ran up the stairs, excitement and eagerness lacing his every step. Bursting into his room once more, he scooped up his backpack, but not before throwing a few more trinkets in there and zipping it up. As he was about to head out the door, he turned and looked around his room.

He took in everything. The bunk bed he'd painted. The little TV he enjoyed watching his favorite movies on, and the beanbag chair he would relax in after a long day. He had no idea when he would return here, or if he would, for that matter. He'd always dreamt of the day he could venture out into space, not only to experience its many wonders, but to figure out why he felt like he was being called into action by the galaxies themselves.

Taking the celestial stone out of his pocket, he gripped it gently. It still felt warm, reassuring him. He was making the right decision. He was going to get answers and have a life-changing adventure. He wasn't expecting every single thing to go right, but he was still a very hopeful kid. He could still dream.

Smiling to himself, he exited his room, shutting the door gently behind him. Before he could have the chance to look back, he made his way down the stairs, carrying both bags and grinning wildly.

"Look! I've got everything!" he cheered, jumping up and down. "Are we leaving now, Kitter? And, if we are... do you wanna go through the front door this time? Sometimes, I just like climbing up to the window. It makes me feel like a sneaky superhero or somethin'. Hehe."
Wallace

Once again, Wally's mind was blown out of proportion. Just the thought of there being a single baby in a bar was a foreign one, as well as one he never thought he would see in his lifetime. On the plus side, that meant he wouldn't be denied entry into a bar. He could go in with Kitter, instead of having to wait outside, possibly alone if PET went in too.

"That is... wild," he gaped, a thoughtful look crossing his face for a moment. "Heh. That would never fly here on Earth! You've gotta be an adult in order to even enter a bar around here, let alone drink what they've got! I wonder how many other differences there's gonna be... the list is probably endless!"

He threw his arms up into the air and giggled. "Aww, you said little human! I love it! Anyways, be right back! Gotta get my other bag!"

He ran up the stairs, excitement and eagerness lacing his every step. Bursting into his room once more, he scooped up his backpack, but not before throwing a few more trinkets in there and zipping it up. As he was about to head out the door, he turned and looked around his room.

He took in everything. The bunk bed he'd painted. The little TV he enjoyed watching his favorite movies on, and the beanbag chair he would relax in after a long day. He had no idea when he would return here, or if he would, for that matter. He'd always dreamt of the day he could venture out into space, not only to experience its many wonders, but to figure out why he felt like he was being called into action by the galaxies themselves.

Taking the celestial stone out of his pocket, he gripped it gently. It still felt warm, reassuring him. He was making the right decision. He was going to get answers and have a life-changing adventure. He wasn't expecting every single thing to go right, but he was still a very hopeful kid. He could still dream.

Smiling to himself, he exited his room, shutting the door gently behind him. Before he could have the chance to look back, he made his way down the stairs, carrying both bags and grinning wildly.

"Look! I've got everything!" he cheered, jumping up and down. "Are we leaving now, Kitter? And, if we are... do you wanna go through the front door this time? Sometimes, I just like climbing up to the window. It makes me feel like a sneaky superhero or somethin'. Hehe."
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
He nodded, "And that's probably for the better! I am sure you can imagine that it's all very different."

Kitter was just telling as he saw it, and Wallace seemed just fine with that to him. He watched him dash off and patiently waiting for him to return. He poked at the crushed can to keep himself from messing with anything else... There were a lot of interesting things in human homes and he was very aware of the saying 'curiousity killed the cat.'

He looked up from the can when the boy came back with so much energy, his enthusiasm was hard to not get affected by, "Alright! The door would be preferred, yes." He didn't want to risk damaging anything he was carrying for him.
Kitter
He nodded, "And that's probably for the better! I am sure you can imagine that it's all very different."

Kitter was just telling as he saw it, and Wallace seemed just fine with that to him. He watched him dash off and patiently waiting for him to return. He poked at the crushed can to keep himself from messing with anything else... There were a lot of interesting things in human homes and he was very aware of the saying 'curiousity killed the cat.'

He looked up from the can when the boy came back with so much energy, his enthusiasm was hard to not get affected by, "Alright! The door would be preferred, yes." He didn't want to risk damaging anything he was carrying for him.
Wallace

Wally nodded, chuckling. "Okay! I hope PET's not too worried about you... I mean, us," he replied lightly. He turned his head, eyes sweeping across the entire house one more time. As much as he was going to miss it, adventure awaited him. He wasn't about to keep it waiting any longer.

He carefully opened the front door, stepping outside before moving out of the way so Kitter could go through. Thankfully, he couldn't see his caretaker driving home, meaning he was less likely to get caught sneaking away from home with an alien. Sure, there were other people, but how much did they care, really?

"Let's do this!" he cheered, making sure he had a secure grip on both his backpack and drawstring bag.
Wallace

Wally nodded, chuckling. "Okay! I hope PET's not too worried about you... I mean, us," he replied lightly. He turned his head, eyes sweeping across the entire house one more time. As much as he was going to miss it, adventure awaited him. He wasn't about to keep it waiting any longer.

He carefully opened the front door, stepping outside before moving out of the way so Kitter could go through. Thankfully, he couldn't see his caretaker driving home, meaning he was less likely to get caught sneaking away from home with an alien. Sure, there were other people, but how much did they care, really?

"Let's do this!" he cheered, making sure he had a secure grip on both his backpack and drawstring bag.
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
He shrugged, "It's probably waiting impatiently in that bush." He knew that the pod didn't see Wallace as being dangerous, so it was likely only annoyed that they were taking so long.

After the coast was clear, Kitter nodded to him before walking out. He could see the top of his pod companion, sticking out from the bushes in the distance. "Still there I see! On then.." He began to walked from the house and to the street, clutching the belongings he was holding.
Kitter
He shrugged, "It's probably waiting impatiently in that bush." He knew that the pod didn't see Wallace as being dangerous, so it was likely only annoyed that they were taking so long.

After the coast was clear, Kitter nodded to him before walking out. He could see the top of his pod companion, sticking out from the bushes in the distance. "Still there I see! On then.." He began to walked from the house and to the street, clutching the belongings he was holding.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 279 280