Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Hwa
1 2 3 4 5
@Hwa

@Hwa

Aurumn perches on a forked bough like a peculiar golden bird, appearing so statue-like even his mane stilled in the gentle breeze. In silence, he sat, away from the loud restlessness of his clan.

It wasn't unusual for him to venture so far from the Emperor's Wake; He always found himself longing for the quiet tranquillity that living next to an Emperor couldn't bring.

He watches in silent fascination as the Skydancer skilfully handles a glinting shard of glass, manipulating the light it refracts onto a piece of seawood. It was obvious, from their practised movements, that this wasn't the first time they had done this.

Only when a curl of smoke announced the birth of a spark did Aurumn realise the Skydancer's intentions. He scolds himself internally for not seeing it earlier.

"Wait!" His voice crackles from disuse. More clearly this time, he shouts, "That's dangerous!"
Aurumn perches on a forked bough like a peculiar golden bird, appearing so statue-like even his mane stilled in the gentle breeze. In silence, he sat, away from the loud restlessness of his clan.

It wasn't unusual for him to venture so far from the Emperor's Wake; He always found himself longing for the quiet tranquillity that living next to an Emperor couldn't bring.

He watches in silent fascination as the Skydancer skilfully handles a glinting shard of glass, manipulating the light it refracts onto a piece of seawood. It was obvious, from their practised movements, that this wasn't the first time they had done this.

Only when a curl of smoke announced the birth of a spark did Aurumn realise the Skydancer's intentions. He scolds himself internally for not seeing it earlier.

"Wait!" His voice crackles from disuse. More clearly this time, he shouts, "That's dangerous!"
Aurumn hesitates, unsure if he should reveal himself or stay within the safe canopy of his tree. It was obvious that the Skydancer had already seen him though so it was useless to pretend he wasn't there. Decided, he flew down, landing with a soft thump on the grassy ground.

He folds his wings back and raises his golden claws in a gesture of peace. "Hi. Sorry. For startling you. It was just- You were trying to light a fire. Fire's dangerous. And I-" His disjointed flow of words abruptly stop as he struggles to figure out what to say next. A long silence passes.

"I don't like bright fires," He finally whispers. "Sorry." It was impossible to discern whether his last apology was about startling the Skydancer or about how he disliked the flames that said Skydancer appeared to like.
Aurumn hesitates, unsure if he should reveal himself or stay within the safe canopy of his tree. It was obvious that the Skydancer had already seen him though so it was useless to pretend he wasn't there. Decided, he flew down, landing with a soft thump on the grassy ground.

He folds his wings back and raises his golden claws in a gesture of peace. "Hi. Sorry. For startling you. It was just- You were trying to light a fire. Fire's dangerous. And I-" His disjointed flow of words abruptly stop as he struggles to figure out what to say next. A long silence passes.

"I don't like bright fires," He finally whispers. "Sorry." It was impossible to discern whether his last apology was about startling the Skydancer or about how he disliked the flames that said Skydancer appeared to like.
Now that Aurumn was closer, he could see the shroud of dark sadness- only visible to him- that surrounds the Skydancer. He wanted to chase that darkness away. He wanted, so bad, to see this sombre dragon smile, to see light instead of shadows.

And he decides that he will.

"I'm not upset," He says in what he hoped was an assuring voice. "And I'm sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you were trying to create a wildfire."

His arm is half-raised as if he wanted to shake the other's claw but wasn't sure if that was the usual way of greeting for someone of another clan. "My name is Aurumn. And you are...?"
Now that Aurumn was closer, he could see the shroud of dark sadness- only visible to him- that surrounds the Skydancer. He wanted to chase that darkness away. He wanted, so bad, to see this sombre dragon smile, to see light instead of shadows.

And he decides that he will.

"I'm not upset," He says in what he hoped was an assuring voice. "And I'm sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you were trying to create a wildfire."

His arm is half-raised as if he wanted to shake the other's claw but wasn't sure if that was the usual way of greeting for someone of another clan. "My name is Aurumn. And you are...?"
Aurumn, perceptive as ever, notices Helenium's reaction to the word 'wildfire' but decides to ignore it for now, shelving it in his mind. It might be a sensitive topic, He thinks.

"Light, actually," He replies. "The Sylva Clan." He doesn't add that he had only recently joined them and was a wanderer of Sornieth for most of his life.

"What about you?"
Aurumn, perceptive as ever, notices Helenium's reaction to the word 'wildfire' but decides to ignore it for now, shelving it in his mind. It might be a sensitive topic, He thinks.

"Light, actually," He replies. "The Sylva Clan." He doesn't add that he had only recently joined them and was a wanderer of Sornieth for most of his life.

"What about you?"
Aurumn fidgets with his silky mane, unsure about this unknown emotion that he saw in Helenium. Fear, grey and twisting, was nearly always present in the dragons who spoke to him for they all knew that everything within their heart- their deepest desires, their darkest nightmares- would be there for him to see, plain as ink on paper. Helenium was different though.

Was it fascination that he saw in this dark-red Skydancer? He wasn't sure; Who would ever be interested in a monster like him?

"Well, it's not very nice living so close to an Emperor," he replies with a small laugh. "It's very loud and a bit more nerve-racking than I prefer.

"The Clan is very nice to me though," he continues, not realising that he had referred to his Clan as if he didn't belong with them. "It's good to be able to sleep knowing that you're protected from getting a knife slipped between your ribs." He stops, realising that he might have revealed a bit too much, and quickly tries to change the subject.

"This place is pretty nice." He waves vaguely at the scenery around them. "Do you come here often?"
Aurumn fidgets with his silky mane, unsure about this unknown emotion that he saw in Helenium. Fear, grey and twisting, was nearly always present in the dragons who spoke to him for they all knew that everything within their heart- their deepest desires, their darkest nightmares- would be there for him to see, plain as ink on paper. Helenium was different though.

Was it fascination that he saw in this dark-red Skydancer? He wasn't sure; Who would ever be interested in a monster like him?

"Well, it's not very nice living so close to an Emperor," he replies with a small laugh. "It's very loud and a bit more nerve-racking than I prefer.

"The Clan is very nice to me though," he continues, not realising that he had referred to his Clan as if he didn't belong with them. "It's good to be able to sleep knowing that you're protected from getting a knife slipped between your ribs." He stops, realising that he might have revealed a bit too much, and quickly tries to change the subject.

"This place is pretty nice." He waves vaguely at the scenery around them. "Do you come here often?"
Aurumn was enjoying this conversation immensely; It had been so long since he could have a casual chat about such trivial matters. What a coincidence it was that one of the only dragons he met who he enjoyed talking to was pretty as well...

What on Sornieth was he thinking? He shakes his head to straighten his thoughts and shifts his gaze away from Helenium's red plumage when he answers.

"The Emperor moves around a lot so it depends. Sometimes, you can see its dark silhouette on the horizon. Other times, you only know its still there when the ground trembles." His eyes darken as he recalls the time he was almost crushed in his sleep by one of the Emperor's wayward paws.

"Do the Everbloom Gardens host any dangers?" He questions.
Aurumn was enjoying this conversation immensely; It had been so long since he could have a casual chat about such trivial matters. What a coincidence it was that one of the only dragons he met who he enjoyed talking to was pretty as well...

What on Sornieth was he thinking? He shakes his head to straighten his thoughts and shifts his gaze away from Helenium's red plumage when he answers.

"The Emperor moves around a lot so it depends. Sometimes, you can see its dark silhouette on the horizon. Other times, you only know its still there when the ground trembles." His eyes darken as he recalls the time he was almost crushed in his sleep by one of the Emperor's wayward paws.

"Do the Everbloom Gardens host any dangers?" He questions.
Aurumn glances up at the sky and realises that the sun had almost completed it's downward arc. He sighs inwardly, disappointed that their conversation would have to come to an end.

His words are slow and hesitant as if he has to, metaphorically, drag them through thick mud to his throat. "It's getting late... I think you should start heading back to your clan..."

He looks down and blurts out the rest before his mind could register what he says. "Or you could camp with me. I'm not returning to the Emperor's Wake until a few days later."
Aurumn glances up at the sky and realises that the sun had almost completed it's downward arc. He sighs inwardly, disappointed that their conversation would have to come to an end.

His words are slow and hesitant as if he has to, metaphorically, drag them through thick mud to his throat. "It's getting late... I think you should start heading back to your clan..."

He looks down and blurts out the rest before his mind could register what he says. "Or you could camp with me. I'm not returning to the Emperor's Wake until a few days later."
Aurumn struggles to stop an idiotic grin from lighting his face.

"Awesome!" He's already half-hopping, half-flying to where he had made camp the night before, directly beneath a drooping willow. His mane poofs around him as he collapses onto the ground with a contented sigh, eyes partly open as he watches Helenium, waiting for the Skydancer to pick a spot to sleep.
Aurumn struggles to stop an idiotic grin from lighting his face.

"Awesome!" He's already half-hopping, half-flying to where he had made camp the night before, directly beneath a drooping willow. His mane poofs around him as he collapses onto the ground with a contented sigh, eyes partly open as he watches Helenium, waiting for the Skydancer to pick a spot to sleep.
Aurumn's heart stills and his limbs stiffen as he falls into the dreamless slumber his statue form brings.

At the darkest time of night, when the moon had reached it's zenith, a group of creatures snuffle closer...

Their leader, a fearsome Barkback Boar with tusks that curled twice, leads their mission to eradicate the land of intruders. Closer, they creep, until a loose ring of animated tree-creatures surround the willow.
Aurumn's heart stills and his limbs stiffen as he falls into the dreamless slumber his statue form brings.

At the darkest time of night, when the moon had reached it's zenith, a group of creatures snuffle closer...

Their leader, a fearsome Barkback Boar with tusks that curled twice, leads their mission to eradicate the land of intruders. Closer, they creep, until a loose ring of animated tree-creatures surround the willow.
1 2 3 4 5