Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Karate (HP)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
((I still have my account on Howrse that I actually still roleplay on. And it's gone downhill. You remember those promotions that always encouraged people to spend on passes that would come around three or four times a year? Well, now they're basically constant; one ends and a new one starts within a couple of days. Passes are worth basically nothing, the eqques are worth even less than they were before and they're flooding the damn thing with divine, wild and chimera horses that nobody wants.))

Maxwell
"Thank you, I really appreciate the vote of confidence." The Hufflepuff was actually blushing at her praise. "I wouldn't go so far as to say that I have that much control over magical creatures, though... I just pay attention to what the teacher tells us about the creatures, keep my copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in my pocket and try to be as respectful to the creatures as possible. And I watch their body language..." Max knew that he was playing his achievement down, but he didn't think that what he could do with a magical creature was all that impressive, all things considered.

((You can feel free to invent a feat of his with a magical creature if you want, I can roll with it ^.^ ))

When Cassandra told him that she preferred not to think about it, the Hufflepuff nodded a little. Whilst he definitely did think about it and had obviously put some thought into it, he could understand that not everyone wanted to think that way. "I'm sorry if I upset you." Max apologised to his friend, feeling kind of bad for asking. He was genuinely sorry, and hadn't realised it would bother her so much.

((I can definitely give potions a good go, but I'm not sure about any of the other classes... I'd like to say I can do DADA too, but last time I tried that I screwed it up and the whole thing turned into a dueling club 'XD ))
((I still have my account on Howrse that I actually still roleplay on. And it's gone downhill. You remember those promotions that always encouraged people to spend on passes that would come around three or four times a year? Well, now they're basically constant; one ends and a new one starts within a couple of days. Passes are worth basically nothing, the eqques are worth even less than they were before and they're flooding the damn thing with divine, wild and chimera horses that nobody wants.))

Maxwell
"Thank you, I really appreciate the vote of confidence." The Hufflepuff was actually blushing at her praise. "I wouldn't go so far as to say that I have that much control over magical creatures, though... I just pay attention to what the teacher tells us about the creatures, keep my copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in my pocket and try to be as respectful to the creatures as possible. And I watch their body language..." Max knew that he was playing his achievement down, but he didn't think that what he could do with a magical creature was all that impressive, all things considered.

((You can feel free to invent a feat of his with a magical creature if you want, I can roll with it ^.^ ))

When Cassandra told him that she preferred not to think about it, the Hufflepuff nodded a little. Whilst he definitely did think about it and had obviously put some thought into it, he could understand that not everyone wanted to think that way. "I'm sorry if I upset you." Max apologised to his friend, feeling kind of bad for asking. He was genuinely sorry, and hadn't realised it would bother her so much.

((I can definitely give potions a good go, but I'm not sure about any of the other classes... I'd like to say I can do DADA too, but last time I tried that I screwed it up and the whole thing turned into a dueling club 'XD ))
Loving life and loving food :p

FR +8 hours.

My favourite genres to roleplay in right now are Action, Fantasy and Supernatural. If you would like to roleplay with me, please feel free to either inbox message me or post a comment on my profile :)
((Yikes, yeah, that doesn't sound great. It definitely shows that they're making a desperate attempt to stay alive. I remember it being so much fun. Definitely enjoy FR a lot more though. I feel like there's way more to do and it offers a wider range of play styles for everybody involved. Also, sorry again for my absence. I think the issue I have is that I try to do many hobbies and gaming things and eventually other stuff falls out of the way. Unfortunately that happens a lot.))

((In terms of his skill with creatures, I just figured it could be something like the animals can smell the werewolf on him and respond out of either respect fear. Animals are always smarter than we give them credit for ;) ))

Cassandra
She looked up quickly and gave a tired smile. "Oh, there's no need to worry about upsetting me. It's something I just try to not think about, but you know how when you tell someone not to look down when they're really high up, and they still do? It's kind of like that."

The ring of the bell made Cassandra jump, even with the library softening the shrill piercing. Gathering up her things, the girl stood and smoothed out her skirt and cloak. "Guess I'll see you later then Maxwell." With that she turned on her heel and hurried out of the library, determined to make it to DADA on time to get a good seat.

((I guess we can just wing it as we go. Also, we can skip the next classes if you want DADA and Herbology, since your characters are in class together and mine are in one. It'd be a bit silly to RP conversations between ourselves XD ))
((Yikes, yeah, that doesn't sound great. It definitely shows that they're making a desperate attempt to stay alive. I remember it being so much fun. Definitely enjoy FR a lot more though. I feel like there's way more to do and it offers a wider range of play styles for everybody involved. Also, sorry again for my absence. I think the issue I have is that I try to do many hobbies and gaming things and eventually other stuff falls out of the way. Unfortunately that happens a lot.))

((In terms of his skill with creatures, I just figured it could be something like the animals can smell the werewolf on him and respond out of either respect fear. Animals are always smarter than we give them credit for ;) ))

Cassandra
She looked up quickly and gave a tired smile. "Oh, there's no need to worry about upsetting me. It's something I just try to not think about, but you know how when you tell someone not to look down when they're really high up, and they still do? It's kind of like that."

The ring of the bell made Cassandra jump, even with the library softening the shrill piercing. Gathering up her things, the girl stood and smoothed out her skirt and cloak. "Guess I'll see you later then Maxwell." With that she turned on her heel and hurried out of the library, determined to make it to DADA on time to get a good seat.

((I guess we can just wing it as we go. Also, we can skip the next classes if you want DADA and Herbology, since your characters are in class together and mine are in one. It'd be a bit silly to RP conversations between ourselves XD ))
OqnJnVY.png 0nSweFO.gif dylZVxm.png
((It's getting to the point of ridicousness, honestly, and I hate it a lot. I hate the colour scheme for Howrse too, but still... 'XD also, you don't have to apologise, I understand where you're coming from with that.))

((I'd like to think it's respect, since Max does try to avoid being a threat to them. Personally speaking, I mean.))

Maxwell
At Cassandra's words, the Hufflepuff smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I know what you're getting at." Max clarified, having felt like that himself in the past - or at least, he thought he had in the past...

The bell ringing caused him to jump, too, cringing a little at the noise. "Can't they make that thing any quieter...?" Still, when told that he'd see her later, the werewolf nodded. "See you later," he confirmed for her before packing up and leaving to get to his next class as well.

((Skipping to when our characters have classes together again sounds like a good idea.))
((It's getting to the point of ridicousness, honestly, and I hate it a lot. I hate the colour scheme for Howrse too, but still... 'XD also, you don't have to apologise, I understand where you're coming from with that.))

((I'd like to think it's respect, since Max does try to avoid being a threat to them. Personally speaking, I mean.))

Maxwell
At Cassandra's words, the Hufflepuff smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I know what you're getting at." Max clarified, having felt like that himself in the past - or at least, he thought he had in the past...

The bell ringing caused him to jump, too, cringing a little at the noise. "Can't they make that thing any quieter...?" Still, when told that he'd see her later, the werewolf nodded. "See you later," he confirmed for her before packing up and leaving to get to his next class as well.

((Skipping to when our characters have classes together again sounds like a good idea.))

FR +8 hours.

My favourite genres to roleplay in right now are Action, Fantasy and Supernatural. If you would like to roleplay with me, please feel free to either inbox message me or post a comment on my profile :)
((Yeah, it seems very dull in comparison to the ridiculous amount and array of colors that FR uses. Much more bright and not as subdued.))

((Respect sounds good to me too! Cassandra and Travers have Potions next, and Andrea and Maxwell have Care of Magical Creatures))

Cassandra
Well, Defense Against the Dark Arts had gone just as horribly as she had suspected that it would. Once again, the class had a new professor, seeing as how the old one had retired due to a poisoning from a creature he'd shown them the last week of classes. No surprise there. This new professor was all too bubbly and would have fit better in any other class. Either she would be replaced in the week, or she would reveal to the class why exactly she'd been hired. The process was a weird one.

Sitting down with a heavy sigh, Cassandra put her head on the table, allowing the cold stone to cool her furrowed brow. It was hard work racing up and down the moving staircase. Especially when they try to make things right, literally. Dimly, she heard the professor assign everyone into pairs, and then a body sat in the seat next to hers. With a quiet groan, Cassandra sat up and faced her partner. And subsequently froze.

Andrea
Having said goodbye several times to her friends, Andrea walked into the yard for Care of Magical Creatures. DADA had been great. The new professor seemed to know exactly what she was doing, but was also trying to play the cool card. It was going to be an interesting year.

Desks weren't exactly a thing for Care of Magical Creatures. There were pits of sand, spelled to be nonflammable and anything else that a creature might decide to do to lash out if angered or scared. While not her favorite class, it gave her a chance to get more familiar with magic on the side that wasn't all skill. There was personality to this too. And speaking of...

"Heya Maxy, and how are you on this fine morning?" she asked the Hufflepuff. They weren't friends exactly, really only knew each other in passing, but Andrea could be friends with anybody right? Besides, he knew more than anybody else about this class. She was sure that if they combined their notes, they'd each get top grades in the class.
((Yeah, it seems very dull in comparison to the ridiculous amount and array of colors that FR uses. Much more bright and not as subdued.))

((Respect sounds good to me too! Cassandra and Travers have Potions next, and Andrea and Maxwell have Care of Magical Creatures))

Cassandra
Well, Defense Against the Dark Arts had gone just as horribly as she had suspected that it would. Once again, the class had a new professor, seeing as how the old one had retired due to a poisoning from a creature he'd shown them the last week of classes. No surprise there. This new professor was all too bubbly and would have fit better in any other class. Either she would be replaced in the week, or she would reveal to the class why exactly she'd been hired. The process was a weird one.

Sitting down with a heavy sigh, Cassandra put her head on the table, allowing the cold stone to cool her furrowed brow. It was hard work racing up and down the moving staircase. Especially when they try to make things right, literally. Dimly, she heard the professor assign everyone into pairs, and then a body sat in the seat next to hers. With a quiet groan, Cassandra sat up and faced her partner. And subsequently froze.

Andrea
Having said goodbye several times to her friends, Andrea walked into the yard for Care of Magical Creatures. DADA had been great. The new professor seemed to know exactly what she was doing, but was also trying to play the cool card. It was going to be an interesting year.

Desks weren't exactly a thing for Care of Magical Creatures. There were pits of sand, spelled to be nonflammable and anything else that a creature might decide to do to lash out if angered or scared. While not her favorite class, it gave her a chance to get more familiar with magic on the side that wasn't all skill. There was personality to this too. And speaking of...

"Heya Maxy, and how are you on this fine morning?" she asked the Hufflepuff. They weren't friends exactly, really only knew each other in passing, but Andrea could be friends with anybody right? Besides, he knew more than anybody else about this class. She was sure that if they combined their notes, they'd each get top grades in the class.
((The color scheme for Howrse just gives me a headache XD ))

((Great! And that sounds good, Max's best class! ^.^ Also, his name is Scott, Travers is your character's surname ;P ))

Scott

After he'd bid his friends goodbye at the Herbology greenhouses, Scott made his way into the castle and then down into the dungeons for potions. The Ravenclaw had to admit, it was a bit of a trek sometimes, but he certainly wasn't complaining about it.

When he got to class and was told to work with Cassandra, the fair hair young man hesitated briefly before doing as the professor ordered. Scott went and sat next to one of the few people he'd rarely communicated with since the beginning of first year.

Literally the moment he noticed that Cassandra was looking at him, he offered up a small smile. "Hello. Its been a while." Then, after briefly - and internally - smacking himself around the head he continued. "How have you been...?" It was, undoubtedly, an extremely awkward attempt at the beginnings of a conversation.

Maxwell

Once everything in the greenhouses was all said and done, the werewolf headed off to what was definitely his favourite class; Care of Magical Creatures. Herbology had been great, as always, and if anything the Hufflepuff was thrilled to get to stay outside for a fair bit of the day.

Barely able to contain his excitement, Max looked around to see if there was any hint of what manner of creature they might be learning about today. Upon hearing the name Maxy, however, he groaned softly. "Hello Andrea, and please don't call me that. I'm fine, though, thank you for asking. How are you?" It wasn't so much as him being against nicknames, he just didn't like that one.
((The color scheme for Howrse just gives me a headache XD ))

((Great! And that sounds good, Max's best class! ^.^ Also, his name is Scott, Travers is your character's surname ;P ))

Scott

After he'd bid his friends goodbye at the Herbology greenhouses, Scott made his way into the castle and then down into the dungeons for potions. The Ravenclaw had to admit, it was a bit of a trek sometimes, but he certainly wasn't complaining about it.

When he got to class and was told to work with Cassandra, the fair hair young man hesitated briefly before doing as the professor ordered. Scott went and sat next to one of the few people he'd rarely communicated with since the beginning of first year.

Literally the moment he noticed that Cassandra was looking at him, he offered up a small smile. "Hello. Its been a while." Then, after briefly - and internally - smacking himself around the head he continued. "How have you been...?" It was, undoubtedly, an extremely awkward attempt at the beginnings of a conversation.

Maxwell

Once everything in the greenhouses was all said and done, the werewolf headed off to what was definitely his favourite class; Care of Magical Creatures. Herbology had been great, as always, and if anything the Hufflepuff was thrilled to get to stay outside for a fair bit of the day.

Barely able to contain his excitement, Max looked around to see if there was any hint of what manner of creature they might be learning about today. Upon hearing the name Maxy, however, he groaned softly. "Hello Andrea, and please don't call me that. I'm fine, though, thank you for asking. How are you?" It wasn't so much as him being against nicknames, he just didn't like that one.

FR +8 hours.

((Oh gosh, haha, thanks for pointing that out. Glad you were still able to figure it out despite my inability to get characters straight XD ))

Cassandra
He was talking to her. She had expected to float through her classes without talking to him again. Their first year had been awkward to say the least. Their second year had been better, since he'd finally got the message that they weren't friends anymore, though it had been an incredibly lonely one for her. The wizarding war was still fresh in everyone's minds, having only happened a few years ago, and no one wanted to be near her. Cassandra had worked hard to prove that she at least could be trusted. But friends were still hard to come by.

"I am well," she said stiffly, finally responding. Turning away from Scott, she made herself busy with pulling out all of her materials for the class, which went far too quickly for her liking. The professor was busy answering questions for another student, so he likely wouldn't be starting class within the next minute, which only served to frustrate her more. She glanced at Scott from the corner of her eye. He had shot up over the summer, likely a good head taller than her now, and she could see that he'd filled out a bit as well. When they had met, though each of them had been short and small, he had always seemed a little scrawny to her.

Andrea
"You know you love it," she said with a smile and a wink. "I'm good though. Great, actually. It's been an amazing first day, and my summer was pretty great. Boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend, so I'm not talking to either of them anymore, but Hogwarts is where my real friends are, so who cares?" A twinge of sadness crept into her voice so she forced a broader smile. The summer had been great, right up until she had figured out what was going on.

"How'd you spend you summer? I'm sure you had some interesting experiences as well."
((Oh gosh, haha, thanks for pointing that out. Glad you were still able to figure it out despite my inability to get characters straight XD ))

Cassandra
He was talking to her. She had expected to float through her classes without talking to him again. Their first year had been awkward to say the least. Their second year had been better, since he'd finally got the message that they weren't friends anymore, though it had been an incredibly lonely one for her. The wizarding war was still fresh in everyone's minds, having only happened a few years ago, and no one wanted to be near her. Cassandra had worked hard to prove that she at least could be trusted. But friends were still hard to come by.

"I am well," she said stiffly, finally responding. Turning away from Scott, she made herself busy with pulling out all of her materials for the class, which went far too quickly for her liking. The professor was busy answering questions for another student, so he likely wouldn't be starting class within the next minute, which only served to frustrate her more. She glanced at Scott from the corner of her eye. He had shot up over the summer, likely a good head taller than her now, and she could see that he'd filled out a bit as well. When they had met, though each of them had been short and small, he had always seemed a little scrawny to her.

Andrea
"You know you love it," she said with a smile and a wink. "I'm good though. Great, actually. It's been an amazing first day, and my summer was pretty great. Boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend, so I'm not talking to either of them anymore, but Hogwarts is where my real friends are, so who cares?" A twinge of sadness crept into her voice so she forced a broader smile. The summer had been great, right up until she had figured out what was going on.

"How'd you spend you summer? I'm sure you had some interesting experiences as well."
((I'll admit, I had to check the character sheets to remind myself because I was sure that it was wrong 'XD ))

Scott

"That's good." Scott had just been starting to think that she wasn't going to respond and had been just about to tell Cassandra to forget about it, but she had responded so that was nice. The poor guy didn't even know what he had done wrong, and it was difficult to keep the hurt from creeping into his voice when he gave his two-word answer to her stiff response.

Trying to shake it off, the blonde tried to focus on getting all of his stuff out and ready for class. It also included the Ravenclaw opening his notebook to a fresh page, ready to take notes on the class. Since she was apparently still upset over some wrong he didn't know he'd done, he found it difficult to find the motivation to chat with her. 'Maybe some day she'll finally tell me what the Hell I did to wrong her.' Scott thought to himself as he busied himself with getting all of his stuff set up for class.

Funnily enough, he seemed to be so engrossed in what he was doing that he didn't notice that Cassandra was looking at him. That was probably for the best, though, since it seemed like the Slytherin didn't want to talk to him anyway.

Maxwell

"Actually, I don't. It makes it sound as if you are calling me some kind of women's sanitary product." The Hufflepuff responded with a small smile. "I am happy to hear that you're having an amazing first day back, though." When he heard about the boyfriend cheating, Max considered her for a moment. "You're entitled to feel sad or p***ed off at your so-called boyfriend and your so-called best friend for what they did, or whatever other emotion that level of betrayal causes you to feel." He definitely wasn't buying that she was fine with the whole thing, clearly.

At the question of how he'd spent his summer, the werewolf considered for a moment. "Well... it was nice to see my family. I also found out that apparently my cat and my parent's new rabbit aren't the greatest of friends; not that I would expect them to get along."
((I'll admit, I had to check the character sheets to remind myself because I was sure that it was wrong 'XD ))

Scott

"That's good." Scott had just been starting to think that she wasn't going to respond and had been just about to tell Cassandra to forget about it, but she had responded so that was nice. The poor guy didn't even know what he had done wrong, and it was difficult to keep the hurt from creeping into his voice when he gave his two-word answer to her stiff response.

Trying to shake it off, the blonde tried to focus on getting all of his stuff out and ready for class. It also included the Ravenclaw opening his notebook to a fresh page, ready to take notes on the class. Since she was apparently still upset over some wrong he didn't know he'd done, he found it difficult to find the motivation to chat with her. 'Maybe some day she'll finally tell me what the Hell I did to wrong her.' Scott thought to himself as he busied himself with getting all of his stuff set up for class.

Funnily enough, he seemed to be so engrossed in what he was doing that he didn't notice that Cassandra was looking at him. That was probably for the best, though, since it seemed like the Slytherin didn't want to talk to him anyway.

Maxwell

"Actually, I don't. It makes it sound as if you are calling me some kind of women's sanitary product." The Hufflepuff responded with a small smile. "I am happy to hear that you're having an amazing first day back, though." When he heard about the boyfriend cheating, Max considered her for a moment. "You're entitled to feel sad or p***ed off at your so-called boyfriend and your so-called best friend for what they did, or whatever other emotion that level of betrayal causes you to feel." He definitely wasn't buying that she was fine with the whole thing, clearly.

At the question of how he'd spent his summer, the werewolf considered for a moment. "Well... it was nice to see my family. I also found out that apparently my cat and my parent's new rabbit aren't the greatest of friends; not that I would expect them to get along."

FR +8 hours.

((Imagine how funny it would be if we both thought I was right and Scott's name changed to Travers XD ))

Cassandra
Finally the professor was done and he began class. He wrote a list of ingredients on the chalkboard, and by the third one she knew what they would be making first.

"The Invigoration Draught," the professor said, writing the name with a flourish. "It is meant to bring greater strength and increase energy. The length of the draught is greatly dependent on the intensity of your ingredients. The reverse is true as well. Your goal for the next week is to create a stronger potion than your peers. The strongest potion will receive 50 points for each of their houses. Next week the assignment will require you to gather your own ingredients and you will be given the list on Friday."

With that he turned away and sat at his desk, a clear sign to begin. Without talking to Scott at all, Cassandra stood up and immediately made her way to the ingredients cupboard. This might be difficult to do without talking to him though, she realized. Sighing, she resolved to talk to him, but only when it directly related to class. Otherwise it could get awkward, and fast.

Andrea
She tilted her head to the side and realized that he was right. Cheeks turning pink slightly, Andrea looked at her feet. "Ah. I hadn't really realized that. Sorry Max." She took a seat on a nearby log, waiting for their teacher to appear. Usually they were here by now but whatever creature they were brining out must have been giving them a hard time.

"I guess I do have a right, but that doesn't make it okay. Being mad at people and holding grudges usually doesn't turn out very well. For anybody," she added with a shrug. Although she had to admit that it was nice to have someone show some sympathy for her situation. Her parents had just been disappointed and, well, she didn't exactly have a ton of friends back home anyways. And Hogwarts friends always had better stories.

The professor stepped onto the field, two dire wolves on either side of her. Andrea's interest was piqued, but there were a few students who shrieked and stumbled back in terror. Though not magical in anyway, dire wolves were somehow immune to most forms of magic, so it made them a creature of interest in this class. The size of a small horse, the wolves were fierce looking, snow white teeth poking out of their mouths as the panted. The professor herself carried a large basket in her arms.

"Good morning class, I hope you all have had a lovely day full of boring classes in stuffy rooms!" she said with excitement. "Today will be a little different than your usual classes. I like to have class be full of open study, driven by your interests. Today we'll be playing with... dire wolf pups!" At that, she placed the basket on the ground and drew the top off with a flourish. Inside were probably 8 pups, and several of the girls cooed.

"Now, mom and dad are here to make sure their pups stay safe, but feel free to pick them up and play with them. We'll be doing this for two days, simply playing with and getting to know that. At the end of the week, I'll be expecting a 5 page paper on dire wolves. No other requirements beyond that. You are to do research on your own time and find a topic of your choosing. Now, go and play!"

With that, Andrea rushed forward and picked up the darkest pup she could find. Though he was small, he was still quite heavy, and she lugged him back to where Max was sitting. "I love this professor," she said.
((Imagine how funny it would be if we both thought I was right and Scott's name changed to Travers XD ))

Cassandra
Finally the professor was done and he began class. He wrote a list of ingredients on the chalkboard, and by the third one she knew what they would be making first.

"The Invigoration Draught," the professor said, writing the name with a flourish. "It is meant to bring greater strength and increase energy. The length of the draught is greatly dependent on the intensity of your ingredients. The reverse is true as well. Your goal for the next week is to create a stronger potion than your peers. The strongest potion will receive 50 points for each of their houses. Next week the assignment will require you to gather your own ingredients and you will be given the list on Friday."

With that he turned away and sat at his desk, a clear sign to begin. Without talking to Scott at all, Cassandra stood up and immediately made her way to the ingredients cupboard. This might be difficult to do without talking to him though, she realized. Sighing, she resolved to talk to him, but only when it directly related to class. Otherwise it could get awkward, and fast.

Andrea
She tilted her head to the side and realized that he was right. Cheeks turning pink slightly, Andrea looked at her feet. "Ah. I hadn't really realized that. Sorry Max." She took a seat on a nearby log, waiting for their teacher to appear. Usually they were here by now but whatever creature they were brining out must have been giving them a hard time.

"I guess I do have a right, but that doesn't make it okay. Being mad at people and holding grudges usually doesn't turn out very well. For anybody," she added with a shrug. Although she had to admit that it was nice to have someone show some sympathy for her situation. Her parents had just been disappointed and, well, she didn't exactly have a ton of friends back home anyways. And Hogwarts friends always had better stories.

The professor stepped onto the field, two dire wolves on either side of her. Andrea's interest was piqued, but there were a few students who shrieked and stumbled back in terror. Though not magical in anyway, dire wolves were somehow immune to most forms of magic, so it made them a creature of interest in this class. The size of a small horse, the wolves were fierce looking, snow white teeth poking out of their mouths as the panted. The professor herself carried a large basket in her arms.

"Good morning class, I hope you all have had a lovely day full of boring classes in stuffy rooms!" she said with excitement. "Today will be a little different than your usual classes. I like to have class be full of open study, driven by your interests. Today we'll be playing with... dire wolf pups!" At that, she placed the basket on the ground and drew the top off with a flourish. Inside were probably 8 pups, and several of the girls cooed.

"Now, mom and dad are here to make sure their pups stay safe, but feel free to pick them up and play with them. We'll be doing this for two days, simply playing with and getting to know that. At the end of the week, I'll be expecting a 5 page paper on dire wolves. No other requirements beyond that. You are to do research on your own time and find a topic of your choosing. Now, go and play!"

With that, Andrea rushed forward and picked up the darkest pup she could find. Though he was small, he was still quite heavy, and she lugged him back to where Max was sitting. "I love this professor," she said.
((No offense, but I prefer the name "Scott" to the name "Travers", so I doubt that that would happen XD ))

Scott

Having basically already given up on having any kind of conversation or discussion with Cassandra, Scott wasn't surprised when she went straight to the ingredients cupboard without a word to him. It still hurt, of course, but he had practice in ignoring that feeling.

Instead of making any effort to get the ingredients initially however, the Ravenclaw made sure to make a note of their assignment in his book so that he could spend some time in the library later doing some reading on the subject. Honestly, as far as things being awkward was concerned, Scott considered that to be fact already; especially after Cassandra had shut down his efforts at polite conversation not even five minutes ago.

Maxwell

"It's alright, your apology is accepted." The Hufflepuff chuckled softly. Everyone makes mistakes, after all, and he knew that much from personal experience. Besides, hopefully now that he had pointed it out to her, Andrea wouldn't call him "Maxy" again.

Max considered what she was saying. "While it's definitely unhealthy to hold grudges, you can still feel your emotions - as you have a right to do - without holding onto them or forming grudges." He pointed out gently, although it was obvious he knew it took a high level of emotional maturity to pull it off. "It can be a good way to deal with your emotions in a healthy manner, after all, right? Allowing yourself to feel them and then letting them run their course, I mean."

As soon as the two dire wolves emerged and the pups were revealed, the teen smiled. "Okay, those adorable pups have definitely grown." Max commented to himself with a smile, having come across the little family just before the summer vacation, during the full moon. Naturally, as soon as everyone rushed in on the babies he turned his attention to the two parents. He wasn't overly concerned that they would try anything, of course, but he was still curious to see their reactions to a swarm of students suddenly surrounding their babies.

When Andrea came over to where he was sitting with the darkest one in the litter, the Hufflepuff chuckled. "So do I. Most wouldn't let us near dire wolves, because obvious danger is obvious and all that." Max offered a hand to the dire wolf pup and waited for positive acknowledgement, as he typically did, admittedly unsure if any of the pups would even remember him anyway, since it had been weeks since he last saw them. It was something the Hufflepuff found himself a little conflicted on, since if they did then it would probably lead to some very awkward questions. "Hey there little buddy."
((No offense, but I prefer the name "Scott" to the name "Travers", so I doubt that that would happen XD ))

Scott

Having basically already given up on having any kind of conversation or discussion with Cassandra, Scott wasn't surprised when she went straight to the ingredients cupboard without a word to him. It still hurt, of course, but he had practice in ignoring that feeling.

Instead of making any effort to get the ingredients initially however, the Ravenclaw made sure to make a note of their assignment in his book so that he could spend some time in the library later doing some reading on the subject. Honestly, as far as things being awkward was concerned, Scott considered that to be fact already; especially after Cassandra had shut down his efforts at polite conversation not even five minutes ago.

Maxwell

"It's alright, your apology is accepted." The Hufflepuff chuckled softly. Everyone makes mistakes, after all, and he knew that much from personal experience. Besides, hopefully now that he had pointed it out to her, Andrea wouldn't call him "Maxy" again.

Max considered what she was saying. "While it's definitely unhealthy to hold grudges, you can still feel your emotions - as you have a right to do - without holding onto them or forming grudges." He pointed out gently, although it was obvious he knew it took a high level of emotional maturity to pull it off. "It can be a good way to deal with your emotions in a healthy manner, after all, right? Allowing yourself to feel them and then letting them run their course, I mean."

As soon as the two dire wolves emerged and the pups were revealed, the teen smiled. "Okay, those adorable pups have definitely grown." Max commented to himself with a smile, having come across the little family just before the summer vacation, during the full moon. Naturally, as soon as everyone rushed in on the babies he turned his attention to the two parents. He wasn't overly concerned that they would try anything, of course, but he was still curious to see their reactions to a swarm of students suddenly surrounding their babies.

When Andrea came over to where he was sitting with the darkest one in the litter, the Hufflepuff chuckled. "So do I. Most wouldn't let us near dire wolves, because obvious danger is obvious and all that." Max offered a hand to the dire wolf pup and waited for positive acknowledgement, as he typically did, admittedly unsure if any of the pups would even remember him anyway, since it had been weeks since he last saw them. It was something the Hufflepuff found himself a little conflicted on, since if they did then it would probably lead to some very awkward questions. "Hey there little buddy."

FR +8 hours.

((None taken haha. I don't think Travers would work as a first name anyways.))

Cassandra
Taking a deep breath now to steady herself, the Slytherin now sat at the table with her partner. "Look, we aren't going to be able to do this without some sort of discussion. If we try, we'll only make potions that explode and destroy the classroom. Let's agree, for the sake of our grades and good looks, that we cooperate for this class." She held out her hand now, expecting him to shake it.

This couldn't have turned out worse. She had never forgotten about Scott, about the sweet little first year she'd met all those ages ago. He had been her first friend, and a strong one at that. Her parents had warned her before leaving that she needed to be careful of the friends that she made and who she let in. The war had been hard on everyone, and for some it was worse. But it was a hard lesson she'd learned, and Cassandra had quickly cut off the friendship. The whispers behind her back of Voldemort's youngest servant sidling up to a half-breed hadn't sat well with her, even at 11. Even now, she believed that it was better this way.

Andrea
Max's comment made her pause for only a moment before she shrugged it off. Max was an adept student when it came to this class, so he'd likely done some studying of magical creatures before, enough to know that dire wolves weren't born this size. Hefting the pup in her arms and trying gently to set him in their workspace told her she was grateful of that. Still, his comment had been strange. With a shrug, Andrea filed it away for now.

"Isn't that the point of this class though?" Andrea questioned. "To learn about the danger's and learn how to combat them, to see if we even really need to be worried? Last year Professor Knutlebocker always warned us about how smart the creatures were and how quickly they would turn on us, but it was always hard to believe him. Do you remember the salamanders, the ones that kept getting stuck on their backs and biting their own tails? Hard to believe that every creature in the book is a bad one."

With interest, she watched how Max let the pup approach him instead of the other way around, how he reached out his hand to let the creature sniff him. Patience seemed to be the key here. Glancing around, she saw a few other people doing the same thing, though most seemed to either be wary of the creature or too hands on. The wolf parents never stepped forward, but there were a few pups who nipped at lingering hands. "Wow, Max, you're really good at this," she said, turning to look at him. The pup was eagerly licking his hand, it's short tail wagging at a dangerous speed.
((None taken haha. I don't think Travers would work as a first name anyways.))

Cassandra
Taking a deep breath now to steady herself, the Slytherin now sat at the table with her partner. "Look, we aren't going to be able to do this without some sort of discussion. If we try, we'll only make potions that explode and destroy the classroom. Let's agree, for the sake of our grades and good looks, that we cooperate for this class." She held out her hand now, expecting him to shake it.

This couldn't have turned out worse. She had never forgotten about Scott, about the sweet little first year she'd met all those ages ago. He had been her first friend, and a strong one at that. Her parents had warned her before leaving that she needed to be careful of the friends that she made and who she let in. The war had been hard on everyone, and for some it was worse. But it was a hard lesson she'd learned, and Cassandra had quickly cut off the friendship. The whispers behind her back of Voldemort's youngest servant sidling up to a half-breed hadn't sat well with her, even at 11. Even now, she believed that it was better this way.

Andrea
Max's comment made her pause for only a moment before she shrugged it off. Max was an adept student when it came to this class, so he'd likely done some studying of magical creatures before, enough to know that dire wolves weren't born this size. Hefting the pup in her arms and trying gently to set him in their workspace told her she was grateful of that. Still, his comment had been strange. With a shrug, Andrea filed it away for now.

"Isn't that the point of this class though?" Andrea questioned. "To learn about the danger's and learn how to combat them, to see if we even really need to be worried? Last year Professor Knutlebocker always warned us about how smart the creatures were and how quickly they would turn on us, but it was always hard to believe him. Do you remember the salamanders, the ones that kept getting stuck on their backs and biting their own tails? Hard to believe that every creature in the book is a bad one."

With interest, she watched how Max let the pup approach him instead of the other way around, how he reached out his hand to let the creature sniff him. Patience seemed to be the key here. Glancing around, she saw a few other people doing the same thing, though most seemed to either be wary of the creature or too hands on. The wolf parents never stepped forward, but there were a few pups who nipped at lingering hands. "Wow, Max, you're really good at this," she said, turning to look at him. The pup was eagerly licking his hand, it's short tail wagging at a dangerous speed.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12