Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | wip, interest check - post-apoc-bop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i figure the most that Revek, at least, can fly is like, twenty minutes? sort of like BOTW's rito- she can glide, and fly (to an extent), but like, extended flight travel? she can't do that.

i mean. she has a Very Large sword (which probably weighs a Lot) and well. humanoids aren't really built for flight? so like, 20ish minutes to half an hour of true flight seems fair, and a larger time amount of gliding would make sense, to me at least
i figure the most that Revek, at least, can fly is like, twenty minutes? sort of like BOTW's rito- she can glide, and fly (to an extent), but like, extended flight travel? she can't do that.

i mean. she has a Very Large sword (which probably weighs a Lot) and well. humanoids aren't really built for flight? so like, 20ish minutes to half an hour of true flight seems fair, and a larger time amount of gliding would make sense, to me at least
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif 1x1 RP Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif About Me
nap4Srm.gif ten_pixel.png
wow look art [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/857850014735138817/857870615318495252/revek.png[/img]
wow look art

revek.png
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
Dang that’s awesome :O
Dang that’s awesome :O
mU3UPIq.jpeg
:0 Seriously, those wings are amazing.
:0 Seriously, those wings are amazing.
Janus1.png
sfuadiosgji thank you, i just. did some wing studies to make bird wings look okay- ish
sfuadiosgji thank you, i just. did some wing studies to make bird wings look okay- ish
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
What are the clothing styles like? Normally I’d use an Academia style for the dobie baby but I’m not sure that would fit the aesthetic.

Also, do vehicles exist? (Sorry if I’m asking too many questions)
What are the clothing styles like? Normally I’d use an Academia style for the dobie baby but I’m not sure that would fit the aesthetic.

Also, do vehicles exist? (Sorry if I’m asking too many questions)
Janus1.png
@LavenderBones [quote name="straypunk" date="2021-06-23 19:32:52" ] mmm I'd imagine most of 'fashion' is "function over form," at least outside of major settlements. Basically think "average post-apoc wear," but with an almost cyberpunk-ish/futuristic twist. (The setting was aesthetically inspired by the game Hyper Light Drifter, so I picture most individuals with outfits similar to in-game NPCs'.) As for larger settlements, I'll have to sulk around pinterest and such for some inspiration! I'd imagine a lot of settlement-fashion varies, so I'd be open to players coming up with some ideas if they'd want ;0 [/quote] i'd also recommend looking up the NPCs in the game mentioned, they look dope! and are good inspiration! how Revek got her outfit, at least
@LavenderBones
straypunk wrote on 2021-06-23 19:32:52:
mmm I'd imagine most of 'fashion' is "function over form," at least outside of major settlements. Basically think "average post-apoc wear," but with an almost cyberpunk-ish/futuristic twist. (The setting was aesthetically inspired by the game Hyper Light Drifter, so I picture most individuals with outfits similar to in-game NPCs'.) As for larger settlements, I'll have to sulk around pinterest and such for some inspiration! I'd imagine a lot of settlement-fashion varies, so I'd be open to players coming up with some ideas if they'd want ;0

i'd also recommend looking up the NPCs in the game mentioned, they look dope! and are good inspiration! how Revek got her outfit, at least
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
Thank you, I forgot you already asked about that :)
Thank you, I forgot you already asked about that :)
Janus1.png
sdiohjfk it happens, if it hadn't been addressed to me i would have forgotten about it, i'll be honest
sdiohjfk it happens, if it hadn't been addressed to me i would have forgotten about it, i'll be honest
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
Just as a small disclaimer, I'm gonna be Extremely absent for a couple more days asdfgh- Grindingout some final college assignments for this month [s]that I [i]may[/i] or may not be cramming to finish :'D[/s] @Goldenwolfmidna yyyOOOOO, I LOVE Revek's color palette, oh my goD..... her design is so good [emoji=obelisk love size=1] I adore the little heart monitor/lightning-esk design on her shawl~ @LavenderBones ooF, late response, but I wanted to give an actual/in-depth answer instead of a rushed one asdfg- (and shUSH, I love getting questions like these! Helps me out with worldbuilding~) In addition to what Gold quoted, I think Academia style with a hint of grunge or cyberpunk-ness could work, depending on the character's social status and home! Those higher in the food chain in some settlements would have fancier clothes and fashion sense — even servants (pad or otherwise) would have decently fancy outfits, depending on what family/house they serve. As for vehicles, high-tech stuff like motorcycles, cars, trains, planes, etc. [i]exist[/i] yes... but none of them funcion. Pre-blackout, most all vehicles (aside from "pedestrian vehicles" like pedal bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc.) were all electronic / ran on electric means. The blackout short-circuited everything electronic, so 90 to 99% of vehicles were completely fried. Post-blackout, there are horse*-drawn vehicles made from scrap metal. Only factions, nobles, and some well-off merchants usually have a wagon/packmule/etc. (*This world's equivalent to horses, anyway- I know there's going to be domestic creatures in this setting, I just haven't decided on their designs. I think it might be just a [i]little[/i] too weird to have like, "normal" animals in a world with anthro animals lol)
Just as a small disclaimer, I'm gonna be Extremely absent for a couple more days asdfgh- Grindingout some final college assignments for this month that I may or may not be cramming to finish :'D

@Goldenwolfmidna
yyyOOOOO, I LOVE Revek's color palette, oh my goD..... her design is so good I adore the little heart monitor/lightning-esk design on her shawl~

@LavenderBones
ooF, late response, but I wanted to give an actual/in-depth answer instead of a rushed one asdfg- (and shUSH, I love getting questions like these! Helps me out with worldbuilding~)

In addition to what Gold quoted, I think Academia style with a hint of grunge or cyberpunk-ness could work, depending on the character's social status and home! Those higher in the food chain in some settlements would have fancier clothes and fashion sense — even servants (pad or otherwise) would have decently fancy outfits, depending on what family/house they serve.

As for vehicles, high-tech stuff like motorcycles, cars, trains, planes, etc. exist yes... but none of them funcion. Pre-blackout, most all vehicles (aside from "pedestrian vehicles" like pedal bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc.) were all electronic / ran on electric means. The blackout short-circuited everything electronic, so 90 to 99% of vehicles were completely fried.

Post-blackout, there are horse*-drawn vehicles made from scrap metal. Only factions, nobles, and some well-off merchants usually have a wagon/packmule/etc.
(*This world's equivalent to horses, anyway- I know there's going to be domestic creatures in this setting, I just haven't decided on their designs. I think it might be just a little too weird to have like, "normal" animals in a world with anthro animals lol)
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8