Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Mysterious Island Exploration
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Aspen listened to Julius intently, as if he was a teacher and she a student. Of course she loved nature and the science behind things, but she had no real education in those fields. Perhaps Julius would be teaching her a thing or two if they had time. Hearing Julius excuse himself, Aspen realized she had been leaning slightly forward to him as he spoke. Readjusting subtly, she nodded. "Of course," Aspen paused, a bit caught off guard that he would offer for first watch. Smiling, she shook her head a little as he left her alone.

Standing, she moved with careful steps as she approached Lathair, he needed to know her watch idea, and she would be the one to do it. Although, it gave her a better insight into who Julius was, his passion for his subject, and the very generous offer of watching over things.

"Lathair," Aspen said, noticing he looked a little busy. "I think we need someone to stay up and guard us tonight just in case, I'll be the first." She told him, looking around the camp a little to decide where the best place to stay was. Walking the perimeter would make her feel even better, but she would need energy for tomorrow. Something in her bones made her feel like there would be a fight tomorrow. She didn't know quite why, but her instincts were usually accurate.

Spinner heard his name called by the antisocial fae. Inwardly rolling his eyes, he quickly made over to Julius. Giving Julius a toothy grin, he asked if getting the tent set up was all he needed? Hopefully, after setting up this tent he could get some sleep. There was no real reason for him to be watching Julius tonight, as they were just at the start and there was nothing to find here. He gave small cues that he was tired, such a quiet yawn here and there, and an occasional glance at Julius. Hopping the fae caught on and told him all was well for Spinner to get some rest.

Kanjuro stood back and grinned, watching that silly conversation unfold. Everything was fine. He sighed with relief, and then began looking over the data they were sent. Before he got to caught up in reading the initial findings, he leaned in to speak with Elian. "Good job you guys! Just remember to be careful. We'll be talking very soon." He spoke loudly into the mike, wanting to make sure his already deep voice was heard. Then he turned, grabbing print outs of the findings and went back to the meeting table.

Spreading them out across the table and organzing them made them more readable. "But should we go over this in the morning? Are you up for a late night?" He asked, leaning over the table and only tearing his eyes from the pages to look up at Lettie.
Aspen listened to Julius intently, as if he was a teacher and she a student. Of course she loved nature and the science behind things, but she had no real education in those fields. Perhaps Julius would be teaching her a thing or two if they had time. Hearing Julius excuse himself, Aspen realized she had been leaning slightly forward to him as he spoke. Readjusting subtly, she nodded. "Of course," Aspen paused, a bit caught off guard that he would offer for first watch. Smiling, she shook her head a little as he left her alone.

Standing, she moved with careful steps as she approached Lathair, he needed to know her watch idea, and she would be the one to do it. Although, it gave her a better insight into who Julius was, his passion for his subject, and the very generous offer of watching over things.

"Lathair," Aspen said, noticing he looked a little busy. "I think we need someone to stay up and guard us tonight just in case, I'll be the first." She told him, looking around the camp a little to decide where the best place to stay was. Walking the perimeter would make her feel even better, but she would need energy for tomorrow. Something in her bones made her feel like there would be a fight tomorrow. She didn't know quite why, but her instincts were usually accurate.

Spinner heard his name called by the antisocial fae. Inwardly rolling his eyes, he quickly made over to Julius. Giving Julius a toothy grin, he asked if getting the tent set up was all he needed? Hopefully, after setting up this tent he could get some sleep. There was no real reason for him to be watching Julius tonight, as they were just at the start and there was nothing to find here. He gave small cues that he was tired, such a quiet yawn here and there, and an occasional glance at Julius. Hopping the fae caught on and told him all was well for Spinner to get some rest.

Kanjuro stood back and grinned, watching that silly conversation unfold. Everything was fine. He sighed with relief, and then began looking over the data they were sent. Before he got to caught up in reading the initial findings, he leaned in to speak with Elian. "Good job you guys! Just remember to be careful. We'll be talking very soon." He spoke loudly into the mike, wanting to make sure his already deep voice was heard. Then he turned, grabbing print outs of the findings and went back to the meeting table.

Spreading them out across the table and organzing them made them more readable. "But should we go over this in the morning? Are you up for a late night?" He asked, leaning over the table and only tearing his eyes from the pages to look up at Lettie.
9g0BXbt.gif
“Am I ever,” Lettie said, as they eagerly started to pour over the data. She produced more sheets from a satchel at her workstation. “I’ve compiled some baseline data for us. Magical signatures and the like from a few different areas on the Isles. I didn’t think about data from local plants, but that might be another idea…”

Kiani followed the professors to the meeting table, trying to see what they were doing. Comparing strings of data, it looked like. Well, she was no expert with figures, but she knew they’d find discrepancies: thankfully it was her job to monitor them, rather than the data, and they’d only start having problems if they looked too deeply into what such discrepancies meant. She didn’t think they would. They weren’t stupid, but they were eager to draw patterns and conclusions, and a few well-placed suggestions on her part could have their brilliant minds running off in all sorts of directions.

For now, she and Ren were tasked with organising and filing so the others could analyse the data. There had been no further contact since they’d spoken with Elian, and as that part of the whole thing was her speciality she was at a loose end until something more interesting than numbers happened.

Whatever reputation the Academy had, Julius couldn’t say a whole lot for the standard of the assistants it produced. The young dragon they’d assigned him—despite much protest on his part that he worked best alone—put the tent up well enough, but spent the whole time fidgeting and yawning like he didn’t think Julius could take a hint.

“That’ll be all, thank you,” he said when they were done. “Tomorrow we’ll begin analysis. I trust you’ve been instructed on proper procedure for handling samples? Either way, until we have them or someone needs assistance you can do as you wish.”

There was no chance he’d be giving any untested samples to anyone before he’d dealt with them, but hopefully the Guardian could be trusted not to trip over and spill contagious materials across the camp. Julius didn’t wait for a response, instead flitting off towards the edge of the clearing.

It was almost unnerving, how the dense jungle cut off the sight and sound of the camp as soon as he was within it. But he found the river easily, and paused at the water’s edge as he gathered a small amount in a sample jar. He watched glittering insects skim the surface of the lazy current and listened to an unfamiliar trill of birdsong, and felt quite suddenly like he was alone—that there was no camp, no exploration team, that the Starfall Isles were more than a matter of a few hours away. It felt alien. Would it feel like this tomorrow?

A rustling on the opposite shore caught his attention, and when he looked up he found himself meeting the soft, curious eyes of a russet-brown deer. They stared at each other. Then—at a noise further into the undergrowth, the deer bolted. Julius flinched too, and decided that was quite enough admiring nature. He had samples to work on. Carrying the jar in his hindclaws, he headed back to the camp.
“Am I ever,” Lettie said, as they eagerly started to pour over the data. She produced more sheets from a satchel at her workstation. “I’ve compiled some baseline data for us. Magical signatures and the like from a few different areas on the Isles. I didn’t think about data from local plants, but that might be another idea…”

Kiani followed the professors to the meeting table, trying to see what they were doing. Comparing strings of data, it looked like. Well, she was no expert with figures, but she knew they’d find discrepancies: thankfully it was her job to monitor them, rather than the data, and they’d only start having problems if they looked too deeply into what such discrepancies meant. She didn’t think they would. They weren’t stupid, but they were eager to draw patterns and conclusions, and a few well-placed suggestions on her part could have their brilliant minds running off in all sorts of directions.

For now, she and Ren were tasked with organising and filing so the others could analyse the data. There had been no further contact since they’d spoken with Elian, and as that part of the whole thing was her speciality she was at a loose end until something more interesting than numbers happened.

Whatever reputation the Academy had, Julius couldn’t say a whole lot for the standard of the assistants it produced. The young dragon they’d assigned him—despite much protest on his part that he worked best alone—put the tent up well enough, but spent the whole time fidgeting and yawning like he didn’t think Julius could take a hint.

“That’ll be all, thank you,” he said when they were done. “Tomorrow we’ll begin analysis. I trust you’ve been instructed on proper procedure for handling samples? Either way, until we have them or someone needs assistance you can do as you wish.”

There was no chance he’d be giving any untested samples to anyone before he’d dealt with them, but hopefully the Guardian could be trusted not to trip over and spill contagious materials across the camp. Julius didn’t wait for a response, instead flitting off towards the edge of the clearing.

It was almost unnerving, how the dense jungle cut off the sight and sound of the camp as soon as he was within it. But he found the river easily, and paused at the water’s edge as he gathered a small amount in a sample jar. He watched glittering insects skim the surface of the lazy current and listened to an unfamiliar trill of birdsong, and felt quite suddenly like he was alone—that there was no camp, no exploration team, that the Starfall Isles were more than a matter of a few hours away. It felt alien. Would it feel like this tomorrow?

A rustling on the opposite shore caught his attention, and when he looked up he found himself meeting the soft, curious eyes of a russet-brown deer. They stared at each other. Then—at a noise further into the undergrowth, the deer bolted. Julius flinched too, and decided that was quite enough admiring nature. He had samples to work on. Carrying the jar in his hindclaws, he headed back to the camp.
qesQFkT.gif
Kanjuro nodded along with her ideas. These days it was taking him a little longer to scan data. Why were the numbers so blurry? Ah, of course. The imperial dragon sighed and reached across the table for his reading glasses, putting them on. "Finally I can see what you're talking about," he mumbled, leafing through the pages he had already gone over.

Spinner nodded an affirmative at Julius. Unfortunately, to be able to play the role of assistant he actually had learned how to do the job. Not a great job, mind you, but good enough. He decided to go into his own little tent, wanting to relax. He knew they wouldn't come across anything they couldn't know just yet. Not until they ventured a bit further in.

Aspen noticed Julius's absence for a short period. Does he not know the proper procedure for missions like this? He could be dead already, fretting, she sat waiting near where she expected him to re enter the camp. Seeing him come in with samples, she blocked his path. "Julius," The mirror started firmly, "Didn't anyone ever tell you that leaving camp without a partner, let alone venturing out without telling anyone is extremely dangerous? Being out of sight, with the noise cancellation of the trees is a recipe for disaster. Please, you have to tell me or take me with you next time. We don't know what's out there and we certainly can't lose our medic." She gave him her safety speech, her eyes narrowing at him with a firmness meant to be memorable, but not as aggressive as she would have been with anyone else on the team. This was the first problem about working with non combat oriented people, they weren't trained to ***** risk.
Kanjuro nodded along with her ideas. These days it was taking him a little longer to scan data. Why were the numbers so blurry? Ah, of course. The imperial dragon sighed and reached across the table for his reading glasses, putting them on. "Finally I can see what you're talking about," he mumbled, leafing through the pages he had already gone over.

Spinner nodded an affirmative at Julius. Unfortunately, to be able to play the role of assistant he actually had learned how to do the job. Not a great job, mind you, but good enough. He decided to go into his own little tent, wanting to relax. He knew they wouldn't come across anything they couldn't know just yet. Not until they ventured a bit further in.

Aspen noticed Julius's absence for a short period. Does he not know the proper procedure for missions like this? He could be dead already, fretting, she sat waiting near where she expected him to re enter the camp. Seeing him come in with samples, she blocked his path. "Julius," The mirror started firmly, "Didn't anyone ever tell you that leaving camp without a partner, let alone venturing out without telling anyone is extremely dangerous? Being out of sight, with the noise cancellation of the trees is a recipe for disaster. Please, you have to tell me or take me with you next time. We don't know what's out there and we certainly can't lose our medic." She gave him her safety speech, her eyes narrowing at him with a firmness meant to be memorable, but not as aggressive as she would have been with anyone else on the team. This was the first problem about working with non combat oriented people, they weren't trained to ***** risk.
9g0BXbt.gif
( Omg the word I put is assess. It got censored because I misspelled it hahaha)
( Omg the word I put is assess. It got censored because I misspelled it hahaha)
9g0BXbt.gif
(Oh gosh bless FR that’s hilarious, I didn’t realise it did that)

A number of irritated explanations—they needed to test the water as soon as possible—or biting responses—perhaps she would like to chaperon anyone who went to relieve themselves—rose in Julius’s mind. He pushed them away. Instead he swept his hat from his head, ears low, crest flattened to his skull in apology, and let the mercenary lecture him. That was as much obeisance as anyone was going to get.

In any other situation his absence wouldn’t matter, but half of these dragons couldn’t look after themselves. It had hardly mattered in the end here: nothing had happened, as he’d only flown a matter of thirty seconds away from camp to the river, but there were procedures. Of course he knew that. It was just par for the course for him to hear other people’s important instructions and then summarily dismiss them. But for Aspen this was like someone coming into his tent and knocking over half his equipment, and here he was making her job harder than it needed to be.

When she’d finished, he held up the jar like it was a peace offering. “I'm testing the water from the river,” he said. “The results should be ready in half an hour. Unless you were thinking of an early night, maybe you’d like to be the first to see them.”

There was no reason to stay longer than necessary. That evening Kiani left the two professors to their work, and Nayali with them, who was sleeping in a pile of spectrometer readouts. She made her way through the quiet halls of the Academy at dusk, to one of the towers.

It had gone about as well as expected. In her room she took the communications device Spinner had given her from her pocket and examined it briefly before putting it on the nightstand. Best to keep it close, just in case. Tomorrow would be the first test of everyone’s composure. They were heading into the jungle.

It was strange, she thought as she got ready for bed, safe as it was possible to be within the walls of this place, but she was almost jealous of them.
(Oh gosh bless FR that’s hilarious, I didn’t realise it did that)

A number of irritated explanations—they needed to test the water as soon as possible—or biting responses—perhaps she would like to chaperon anyone who went to relieve themselves—rose in Julius’s mind. He pushed them away. Instead he swept his hat from his head, ears low, crest flattened to his skull in apology, and let the mercenary lecture him. That was as much obeisance as anyone was going to get.

In any other situation his absence wouldn’t matter, but half of these dragons couldn’t look after themselves. It had hardly mattered in the end here: nothing had happened, as he’d only flown a matter of thirty seconds away from camp to the river, but there were procedures. Of course he knew that. It was just par for the course for him to hear other people’s important instructions and then summarily dismiss them. But for Aspen this was like someone coming into his tent and knocking over half his equipment, and here he was making her job harder than it needed to be.

When she’d finished, he held up the jar like it was a peace offering. “I'm testing the water from the river,” he said. “The results should be ready in half an hour. Unless you were thinking of an early night, maybe you’d like to be the first to see them.”

There was no reason to stay longer than necessary. That evening Kiani left the two professors to their work, and Nayali with them, who was sleeping in a pile of spectrometer readouts. She made her way through the quiet halls of the Academy at dusk, to one of the towers.

It had gone about as well as expected. In her room she took the communications device Spinner had given her from her pocket and examined it briefly before putting it on the nightstand. Best to keep it close, just in case. Tomorrow would be the first test of everyone’s composure. They were heading into the jungle.

It was strange, she thought as she got ready for bed, safe as it was possible to be within the walls of this place, but she was almost jealous of them.
qesQFkT.gif
Aspen was glad Julius didn't fight her on a subject such as this. She was actually surprised a little at how professional he was about it, considering they didn't know each other too well. When he explained what the jar was for, she almost laughed. Here she was thinking about going for a drink soon, and Julius was making sure the water was safe. Oh, she would have never even thought to do anything more than sniff it for the sweetness of natural poison. "Oh," Aspen cocked her head, looking at the jar and thinking for a moment. He was including her in the science stuff? How nice. "I would love to be the first!" She grinned, looking from him to the jar. "There won't be any early nights for me on this trip," Aspen told him, laughing lightly and making room for him to walk to his tent so she could follow. Yes, she definitely liked him.

Spinner had loved to have an early night, hoping tomorrow he wouldn't have to do any work for Julius, let alone keep them away from the really bad stuff. He sighed, drifting into sleep after just a little while.
Aspen was glad Julius didn't fight her on a subject such as this. She was actually surprised a little at how professional he was about it, considering they didn't know each other too well. When he explained what the jar was for, she almost laughed. Here she was thinking about going for a drink soon, and Julius was making sure the water was safe. Oh, she would have never even thought to do anything more than sniff it for the sweetness of natural poison. "Oh," Aspen cocked her head, looking at the jar and thinking for a moment. He was including her in the science stuff? How nice. "I would love to be the first!" She grinned, looking from him to the jar. "There won't be any early nights for me on this trip," Aspen told him, laughing lightly and making room for him to walk to his tent so she could follow. Yes, she definitely liked him.

Spinner had loved to have an early night, hoping tomorrow he wouldn't have to do any work for Julius, let alone keep them away from the really bad stuff. He sighed, drifting into sleep after just a little while.
9g0BXbt.gif
That night, Julius slept well for the first time in what might have been weeks. There was something about the strangeness here that was familiar—the sound of the jungle, the raucous calls of night-birds, the mosquitos trying to get into his tent—it wasn’t entirely unlike his own homeland. Noise was a lot easier to handle than the stifled quiet of the Academy towers, or worse, the cacophony of students. Raised, drunken voices had often awoken him in a panic in the early hours, thinking someone was hurt or fighting.

He’d tested the water last night with Aspen, finding nothing that indicted it was unsafe to drink—quite the opposite, actually, the water was cleaner and purer than that in many areas of Sornieth. It amused him somewhat that she turned out to be a far better assistant than Spinner. When she’d left he had packed a bag with supplies, both medical and food, for the day’s expedition. Now he double and triple-checked he had everything necessary, and only those things that were strictly necessary. There was a lot more he wanted to bring, but they’d be travelling through dense undergrowth and stifling heat. It wouldn’t do to be weighed down in an emergency.

Julius managed to stop himself checking after the fourth run-through of supplies, and stuck his head into the bright sunshine outside the tent, watching the others as they got up and got ready. The clearing was alive with movement and birdsong, and the air when he took a deep breath was crisp and clear. He was looking forward to this.

It had been difficult not to fall asleep in the control room, but Lettie had just about managed to drag herself to bed. Upon waking her mind was instantly active, filled with strings of numbers and conjecture based on some interesting magical signatures they’d detected in the area.

She was tired, but there was no stopping her mind once it got going. She made herself breakfast, taking a little extra for Kanjuro and the students in case they’d skipped it to see if there were any developments during the night, and headed to work.
That night, Julius slept well for the first time in what might have been weeks. There was something about the strangeness here that was familiar—the sound of the jungle, the raucous calls of night-birds, the mosquitos trying to get into his tent—it wasn’t entirely unlike his own homeland. Noise was a lot easier to handle than the stifled quiet of the Academy towers, or worse, the cacophony of students. Raised, drunken voices had often awoken him in a panic in the early hours, thinking someone was hurt or fighting.

He’d tested the water last night with Aspen, finding nothing that indicted it was unsafe to drink—quite the opposite, actually, the water was cleaner and purer than that in many areas of Sornieth. It amused him somewhat that she turned out to be a far better assistant than Spinner. When she’d left he had packed a bag with supplies, both medical and food, for the day’s expedition. Now he double and triple-checked he had everything necessary, and only those things that were strictly necessary. There was a lot more he wanted to bring, but they’d be travelling through dense undergrowth and stifling heat. It wouldn’t do to be weighed down in an emergency.

Julius managed to stop himself checking after the fourth run-through of supplies, and stuck his head into the bright sunshine outside the tent, watching the others as they got up and got ready. The clearing was alive with movement and birdsong, and the air when he took a deep breath was crisp and clear. He was looking forward to this.

It had been difficult not to fall asleep in the control room, but Lettie had just about managed to drag herself to bed. Upon waking her mind was instantly active, filled with strings of numbers and conjecture based on some interesting magical signatures they’d detected in the area.

She was tired, but there was no stopping her mind once it got going. She made herself breakfast, taking a little extra for Kanjuro and the students in case they’d skipped it to see if there were any developments during the night, and headed to work.
qesQFkT.gif
Aspen hadn't slept last night. Instead, she sat and guarded everyone, on alert the whole time. It was as peaceful as a night on watch could get. Tonight, however, she would need Lathair to stand watch so she could sleep. In the morning she checked her pack, ate some rations, and looked around as everyone came out of their tents. She had enjoyed last night a lot, Julius had her respect and she was hoping to be friends, even after the mission. Seeing Spinner up and around was good, he was bidding everyone a good morning.

Spinner saw Julius and gave him a bright smile. "Goodmorning! Excited for today?" he asked, his tail twitching. Hopefully they didn't go in the wrong direction, it would be bad luck if things already started to get complicated for him. Thinking back to the maps the bosses showed him, he knew one way wouldn't cause problems, but if they went the other way he was going to have to blow the whistle. Literally. They had given him a whistle that would agitate the aggressive wildlife, bringing them straight to the group. However, to dragons, this whistle made no sound at all. This whistle would be his saving grace, so that he didn't need anyone to listen to him. All he needed to do would be support their ideas, step behind a tree, blow the whistle in his pack.
Aspen hadn't slept last night. Instead, she sat and guarded everyone, on alert the whole time. It was as peaceful as a night on watch could get. Tonight, however, she would need Lathair to stand watch so she could sleep. In the morning she checked her pack, ate some rations, and looked around as everyone came out of their tents. She had enjoyed last night a lot, Julius had her respect and she was hoping to be friends, even after the mission. Seeing Spinner up and around was good, he was bidding everyone a good morning.

Spinner saw Julius and gave him a bright smile. "Goodmorning! Excited for today?" he asked, his tail twitching. Hopefully they didn't go in the wrong direction, it would be bad luck if things already started to get complicated for him. Thinking back to the maps the bosses showed him, he knew one way wouldn't cause problems, but if they went the other way he was going to have to blow the whistle. Literally. They had given him a whistle that would agitate the aggressive wildlife, bringing them straight to the group. However, to dragons, this whistle made no sound at all. This whistle would be his saving grace, so that he didn't need anyone to listen to him. All he needed to do would be support their ideas, step behind a tree, blow the whistle in his pack.
9g0BXbt.gif
Kiani watched as Lettie spoke to Elian, tapping a claw on the desk like she was bored, or impatient. She wasn’t bored. She was annoyed.

They were going to have a problem.

They’d discovered odd magical signatures. That was to be expected—they were all over the island. But the professors had chosen a direction apparently at random for the morning’s expedition, and it just so happened to be in the wrong direction. The wrong direction as far as she and Spinner were concerned, anyway. Kiani had pointed out a few other locations with an enthusiasm that had taken an entire cup of coffee to muster up, but Lettie had laughed and clapped her on the back and said they’d have time to investigate it all sooner or later, because the ground team had found potable water and plants that were safe to eat.

Nobody could say she hadn’t tried, but Kiani hadn’t been willing to make herself suspicious by pushing it. Spinner would find out soon enough that he had to act, and she saw no reason not to trust he was up to the task.

Julius bid the others good morning, unsure whether to be annoyed or appreciative that everyone insisted on paying attention to him. He assumed they were nervous. Strangely enough, he wasn’t. From what he’d seen this place was no more or less dangerous than anywhere else on the Strand, and he was well-trained for field expeditions. The most likely danger would come from their own selves—foolishness or over-excitement leading to risk-taking, though he hoped Aspen would keep everyone on a bit of a leash.

Speaking of Aspen, he went to find her, and then flitted over to where Elian was speaking to the Academy and waving some papers around.

“We’ve got a location,” the Pearlcatcher said as the rest of the team arrived and gathered around him. “Everybody get ready to head out.”
Kiani watched as Lettie spoke to Elian, tapping a claw on the desk like she was bored, or impatient. She wasn’t bored. She was annoyed.

They were going to have a problem.

They’d discovered odd magical signatures. That was to be expected—they were all over the island. But the professors had chosen a direction apparently at random for the morning’s expedition, and it just so happened to be in the wrong direction. The wrong direction as far as she and Spinner were concerned, anyway. Kiani had pointed out a few other locations with an enthusiasm that had taken an entire cup of coffee to muster up, but Lettie had laughed and clapped her on the back and said they’d have time to investigate it all sooner or later, because the ground team had found potable water and plants that were safe to eat.

Nobody could say she hadn’t tried, but Kiani hadn’t been willing to make herself suspicious by pushing it. Spinner would find out soon enough that he had to act, and she saw no reason not to trust he was up to the task.

Julius bid the others good morning, unsure whether to be annoyed or appreciative that everyone insisted on paying attention to him. He assumed they were nervous. Strangely enough, he wasn’t. From what he’d seen this place was no more or less dangerous than anywhere else on the Strand, and he was well-trained for field expeditions. The most likely danger would come from their own selves—foolishness or over-excitement leading to risk-taking, though he hoped Aspen would keep everyone on a bit of a leash.

Speaking of Aspen, he went to find her, and then flitted over to where Elian was speaking to the Academy and waving some papers around.

“We’ve got a location,” the Pearlcatcher said as the rest of the team arrived and gathered around him. “Everybody get ready to head out.”
qesQFkT.gif

Kanjuro was very excited by what they've found so far. Not only that, but it seemed to him that the island was fairly habitable. All good news! He noticed Kiani wanted to go in another direction and admired her enthusiasm for the mission and willingness to speak up. Maybe they should go with her idea next time, he mused.

Aspen looked up at Lathair, excited. She was definitely ready, and watched Spinner tense at the news. Finally, she thought, he's getting nervous. Her gut was right about him, he couldn't be depended on to be brave. Noticing Julius's approach, she grinned. "We have a direction to go! Are you ready?" Aspen asked, noticing he had carried less with him today. Although, maybe that was on purpose.

Spinner went to his tent, grabbing the whistle, a few other things, and took a moment to contact Kiani. He wanted her to know he was on it, and so all he sent in the message was "Bad news today, I'm on it." He sent in the tent for a moment, sighing. The first day of exploration already? Ugh, maybe if it was enough of a blood bath the exploration would be over. That's not a bad idea. With renewed vigor, he stood up and walked out of the tent with a bounce in his step. "I have a great feeling about today," he grinned to Lathair.

Kanjuro was very excited by what they've found so far. Not only that, but it seemed to him that the island was fairly habitable. All good news! He noticed Kiani wanted to go in another direction and admired her enthusiasm for the mission and willingness to speak up. Maybe they should go with her idea next time, he mused.

Aspen looked up at Lathair, excited. She was definitely ready, and watched Spinner tense at the news. Finally, she thought, he's getting nervous. Her gut was right about him, he couldn't be depended on to be brave. Noticing Julius's approach, she grinned. "We have a direction to go! Are you ready?" Aspen asked, noticing he had carried less with him today. Although, maybe that was on purpose.

Spinner went to his tent, grabbing the whistle, a few other things, and took a moment to contact Kiani. He wanted her to know he was on it, and so all he sent in the message was "Bad news today, I'm on it." He sent in the tent for a moment, sighing. The first day of exploration already? Ugh, maybe if it was enough of a blood bath the exploration would be over. That's not a bad idea. With renewed vigor, he stood up and walked out of the tent with a bounce in his step. "I have a great feeling about today," he grinned to Lathair.
9g0BXbt.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12