Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RoadTrip with Monster Hunters (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5
Monsters and beast have existed for thousands of years now. And for thousands of years humanoids have learned how to combat the beasts. Becoming a hunter and traveling the world has since been a very important job for everyday life. Naturally, the urge to tame and study the beasts became quick jobs as well. Smaller animals such as hellhounds and devilcats were favored due to their heightened abilities, however, to this day the creatures are not recommended for family households looking for quick protection.

Other species developed during evolution as well. There is a difference between feral skals and classy vampires. Much like the difference between wild werebeasts and a domesticated werewolf.

Teachings and academies exist to teach young and inspiring hunters on how to properly deal with the beasts. Though because death rates are so high everyday parents are reluctant to send their children to such schools. Instead of hunters, many countries instead come up with a military branch that specializes in defeating the creatures instead of actively hunting them down.

Becoming a hunter is considered honorable as much as it is to be an early grave for most. It isn't uncommon for hunters to retire in their early 30's to live a much more calming life and start families. Often becoming teachers at academies or working closely with scientists on their findings if they didn't travel with a field scientist. Most die before they get the chance.

You, on the other hand, you are simply built different and better than the rest. Years of training in your specific field under your belt. Maybe you've spent most of your life in a hunter academy, a child prodigy taught by your family, or a field scientist. Either way, you're good at what you do. But the monsters you face have grown in numbers and gotten stronger as the years go by and you found yourself needing some backup in you want to avoid the early grave so associated with your career choice. Luckily about a week ago you came across an ad on a totally normal website of two brothers looking for some well-trained backup on their travels. After exchanging emails back and forth it was agreed that you'd meet them at a bar called Sunken Shoe and fully decide if your willing to have their backs.
Monsters and beast have existed for thousands of years now. And for thousands of years humanoids have learned how to combat the beasts. Becoming a hunter and traveling the world has since been a very important job for everyday life. Naturally, the urge to tame and study the beasts became quick jobs as well. Smaller animals such as hellhounds and devilcats were favored due to their heightened abilities, however, to this day the creatures are not recommended for family households looking for quick protection.

Other species developed during evolution as well. There is a difference between feral skals and classy vampires. Much like the difference between wild werebeasts and a domesticated werewolf.

Teachings and academies exist to teach young and inspiring hunters on how to properly deal with the beasts. Though because death rates are so high everyday parents are reluctant to send their children to such schools. Instead of hunters, many countries instead come up with a military branch that specializes in defeating the creatures instead of actively hunting them down.

Becoming a hunter is considered honorable as much as it is to be an early grave for most. It isn't uncommon for hunters to retire in their early 30's to live a much more calming life and start families. Often becoming teachers at academies or working closely with scientists on their findings if they didn't travel with a field scientist. Most die before they get the chance.

You, on the other hand, you are simply built different and better than the rest. Years of training in your specific field under your belt. Maybe you've spent most of your life in a hunter academy, a child prodigy taught by your family, or a field scientist. Either way, you're good at what you do. But the monsters you face have grown in numbers and gotten stronger as the years go by and you found yourself needing some backup in you want to avoid the early grave so associated with your career choice. Luckily about a week ago you came across an ad on a totally normal website of two brothers looking for some well-trained backup on their travels. After exchanging emails back and forth it was agreed that you'd meet them at a bar called Sunken Shoe and fully decide if your willing to have their backs.
DVynlKm.png cvLaV29.png ePOliyb.png +3 FR time, 19
About the World/RP

So this world is much like a modern Dungeons and Dragons world. So there's a possibility of D&D monsters showing up in this world, playable races, and class systems. Your character's fighting style (or lack of fighting style) can be loosely (or extremely) based on a D&D class, for example, a ceric a person who uses faith-based magic to heal allies and cast spells. You can go as wild or as normal as you want with this.

This is a modern rp, so yes, guns exist but let's be honest, they aren't the funniest weapons you could use so if you want to use some type of sword or scythe (or maybe a combination of both I don't mind) be my guess. But if you want to use a gun that's fine too, doesn't really matter all that much in the long-run. I'm just saying this in case someone is like "I want to use a sword but since this is modern guess I have to use something else" that is not the case! Who doesn't want to use a sword to fight monsters? They go together like a no brainer.

Most hunters are able to cast a type of spell to activate their own armor because you know, going to kill deadly beast in nothing but street clothes isn't the best for protection, but hey, if you're that confident in your abilities be my guess. Enchanted items like a ring or necklace can also be used to summon whatever kind of armor you need such as cloth, chainmail, or even a very strong vest. How this protection forms on your characters is up to you. Think of it as your very own magical girl transformation just a lot less dramatic and not as long (again, up to you, make it as showy as you want it). This also applies to weapons as well!

Most hunters carry around a SMTC, which stands for Simple Money Transfer Card. Since hunters are basically freelance bounty hunters, taking 500 coin or cash isn't as practical as it used to be. This allows whoever commissioned the hunter to quickly pay them. The money can be sent straight to your bank account or into your card.

You are currently in the country of Slucix, in the city of Plarc. The country of Slucix is all for technological advancement and media. Think basically America I am not good at this world-building thing. It is currently spring in the land, warm weather, and mating season for most beasts.

More stuff to be potentially added as time goes on if this rp lives long enough. If you have any ideas on what can be added let me know.
About the World/RP

So this world is much like a modern Dungeons and Dragons world. So there's a possibility of D&D monsters showing up in this world, playable races, and class systems. Your character's fighting style (or lack of fighting style) can be loosely (or extremely) based on a D&D class, for example, a ceric a person who uses faith-based magic to heal allies and cast spells. You can go as wild or as normal as you want with this.

This is a modern rp, so yes, guns exist but let's be honest, they aren't the funniest weapons you could use so if you want to use some type of sword or scythe (or maybe a combination of both I don't mind) be my guess. But if you want to use a gun that's fine too, doesn't really matter all that much in the long-run. I'm just saying this in case someone is like "I want to use a sword but since this is modern guess I have to use something else" that is not the case! Who doesn't want to use a sword to fight monsters? They go together like a no brainer.

Most hunters are able to cast a type of spell to activate their own armor because you know, going to kill deadly beast in nothing but street clothes isn't the best for protection, but hey, if you're that confident in your abilities be my guess. Enchanted items like a ring or necklace can also be used to summon whatever kind of armor you need such as cloth, chainmail, or even a very strong vest. How this protection forms on your characters is up to you. Think of it as your very own magical girl transformation just a lot less dramatic and not as long (again, up to you, make it as showy as you want it). This also applies to weapons as well!

Most hunters carry around a SMTC, which stands for Simple Money Transfer Card. Since hunters are basically freelance bounty hunters, taking 500 coin or cash isn't as practical as it used to be. This allows whoever commissioned the hunter to quickly pay them. The money can be sent straight to your bank account or into your card.

You are currently in the country of Slucix, in the city of Plarc. The country of Slucix is all for technological advancement and media. Think basically America I am not good at this world-building thing. It is currently spring in the land, warm weather, and mating season for most beasts.

More stuff to be potentially added as time goes on if this rp lives long enough. If you have any ideas on what can be added let me know.
RULES(and other things)

Everyone's favorite and much-needed part of rping.

1. Don't be a jerk to irl people, characters are fine. However, if I feel as though someone is annoying the other players again and again they will be dealt with.
2. No godmodding. I may have to do this a little bit if you are gone for a while and the story needs to continue. If you're the only one gone for the day do not expect the entire rp to be stopped just for you. Exceptions are for when a lot of people are gone for the night. Just ask for a recap of what has happened in your absence. Also, it's common decency to give a heads-up for when you won't be able to respond so no one is locked into an interaction with you. I am +3 FR time and to avoid this from happening it may be in your best interest to be around my time as well.
3. No metagaming
4. This is a semi-lit to lit rp. Keep those one-liners and short responses out of here. With only a slight exception to action scenes though there is even a way to get those longer with inner character thoughts and things like that. If everyone is writing 3 paragraphs and you are doing a fraction of that it consistently it can really kill the vibe. I know I don't want to engage with the person who only writes three sentences every time.
5. Romance is allowed just keep it FR friendly
6. Your characters are good at what they do, just don't make them op. I will let you know if something is a bit too crazy
7. Maximum of two characters per person
8. No need to ping me I'm subbed.
9. Rules can and will be changed later on if needed.
RULES(and other things)

Everyone's favorite and much-needed part of rping.

1. Don't be a jerk to irl people, characters are fine. However, if I feel as though someone is annoying the other players again and again they will be dealt with.
2. No godmodding. I may have to do this a little bit if you are gone for a while and the story needs to continue. If you're the only one gone for the day do not expect the entire rp to be stopped just for you. Exceptions are for when a lot of people are gone for the night. Just ask for a recap of what has happened in your absence. Also, it's common decency to give a heads-up for when you won't be able to respond so no one is locked into an interaction with you. I am +3 FR time and to avoid this from happening it may be in your best interest to be around my time as well.
3. No metagaming
4. This is a semi-lit to lit rp. Keep those one-liners and short responses out of here. With only a slight exception to action scenes though there is even a way to get those longer with inner character thoughts and things like that. If everyone is writing 3 paragraphs and you are doing a fraction of that it consistently it can really kill the vibe. I know I don't want to engage with the person who only writes three sentences every time.
5. Romance is allowed just keep it FR friendly
6. Your characters are good at what they do, just don't make them op. I will let you know if something is a bit too crazy
7. Maximum of two characters per person
8. No need to ping me I'm subbed.
9. Rules can and will be changed later on if needed.
Character Form

Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Appearance: (Description, image, art give credit if not your own)
Sexuality/Open for romance: (optional)
Personality:
Bio:
Weapons/Abilities:
Role/Class based off: (ex. field researcher based on a monk)
Other:
Character Form

Name:
Gender/Pronouns:
Appearance: (Description, image, art give credit if not your own)
Sexuality/Open for romance: (optional)
Personality:
Bio:
Weapons/Abilities:
Role/Class based off: (ex. field researcher based on a monk)
Other:
Character List

Nigel Reed
Leader of this adventure. Can't stop acting like a distant but cool older brother.

Ivor Loxley
Acts like the middle child who can't decide if they want to be better than you or care for your wellbeing. Knows how to cook like five meals.

Salem Trevino
Definitely youngest sibling energy.

Quip Rikuv
That one cousin you see once a year during a holiday. Has probably been the last thing someone has seen before they closed their eyes forever

Holly Fable
Oh look it's the mom. Holds most of the good thinking brain cells on the average day

Kizi Zocuce Every person's childhood best friend who they lose touch when they get older but if they meet again it would be a blast
Character List

Nigel Reed
Leader of this adventure. Can't stop acting like a distant but cool older brother.

Ivor Loxley
Acts like the middle child who can't decide if they want to be better than you or care for your wellbeing. Knows how to cook like five meals.

Salem Trevino
Definitely youngest sibling energy.

Quip Rikuv
That one cousin you see once a year during a holiday. Has probably been the last thing someone has seen before they closed their eyes forever

Holly Fable
Oh look it's the mom. Holds most of the good thinking brain cells on the average day

Kizi Zocuce Every person's childhood best friend who they lose touch when they get older but if they meet again it would be a blast
Name: Nigel Reed

Gender/Pronouns: Male he/him

Appearance: Nigel is a mostly human-looking large man due to some passed down orc genetics. He's 6'3 and pure muscle, he could wrestle a wolf to submission if he wanted. He has dark brown skin and a fair number of scars on his body. His hair are short black dreadlocks with an undercut that forms nicely into his sideburns and practically well-kept beard. His eyes are narrow and surprisingly colored a deep purple. He has tusk inside his mouth which are only slightly visible when he speaks.

When Nigel is in the city he wears comfortable street clothes. Usually rocking the hoodie jacket combo, cargo or sweat pants, and surprisingly good looking sneakers despite his line of work.

Sexuality/Open for romance: Pansexual, yes

Personality: In truth, he's a bit of a harda**. Naturally a leader in social situations and rightfully earned leadership in a more serious job business that happens. He acts respectfully with everyone he associates with but can switch on a dime if that respect isn't given back in turn. As he is often in the leadership role he is used to taking the blame for others and will go over what better options could've happened in his head until he is satisfied that he is prepared should the situation happens again.

Nigel isn't above at finding dumb insults or jokes amusing but really fully laughs at them. He also isn't above getting into shouting matches with people if his buttons get pressed enough or if he just fully dislikes the person. Rarely does he go out of his way to provoke something with others. He isn't a loner however and does enjoy some company. In large group settings, he'll often find the loudest group of people and just join them and watch without saying all that much.

Bio: Firstborn son and unplanned baby to his mother Eileen of the Reed family who are known for their technological advancement in order to help the hunters of the world. A kid born out of wedlock was not a good look that they needed or wanted to keep for long. Around six months after Nigel was born Eileen married Damian Loxley as the two were previously teenage sweethearts. The Loxley family are a mixture of human and elves and are a well-developed family who makes their money by taming beasts, breeding, and then selling them.

Finally, seven years into the marriage, the couple had a kid of their own and gave Nigel a half brother. Nigel did not take well to the new baby in the house who took away attention and was constantly crying and making noise. The annoyance didn't go away as time went on and years passed.

Eventually, Nigel's biological father placed the idea of becoming a hunter like him. When he turned nine he spent eight months with his father and attended an actual hunter academy. From that point on he knew he was going to be following in his father's footsteps, leaving his brother to deal with the family's business.

At fourteen he left to live with his father in the nation's capital of Trine and was accepted into Trine's Spectacular Adacemdy for Hunters, one of the top schools in the nation. He placed sixth in the top ten of his year when he was 19. Nigel was able to travel with his dad and his group for about three years until they retired. For three years after that he kept doing his own thing taking up jobs, temporarily joining other groups, and making sure field researchers didn't die on their jobs. One day he was specifically requested from an organization he worked with previously to pair up with a researcher. Turns out that person turned out to be his brother and there was a lot to catch up on.

Weapons/Abilities: Mual- Previously a large tooth from an even larger beast that has been encased with a strong layer of steel. The weapon is used with both hands to crush the bones of enemies. A rune is carved into the hilt of the weapon to have it go up in flames and burn what it makes contact with.

Dart Gun- A small one-handed gun that can fit inside a pocket. The darts are coated with a poison that will paralyze and knock out the target.

Enchanted thick hide gloves- Fingerless gloves made out of thick leather. The enchantment allows silver chains to emerge from the palms up to 20f. The chains still wrapped around the target until summoned away or Nigel is unable to keep a grip on them.

Role/Class based off: Head hunter/ based on a fighter.

Other:
-Really enjoys baked goods and sour candy
-Mommy issues on the low
-Hobbies include whittling, sewing, and judging people watching
Name: Nigel Reed

Appearance: Nigel is a mostly human-looking large man due to some passed down orc genetics. He's 6'3 and pure muscle, he could wrestle a wolf to submission if he wanted. He has dark brown skin and a fair number of scars on his body. His hair are short black dreadlocks with an undercut that forms nicely into his sideburns and practically well-kept beard. His eyes are narrow and surprisingly colored a deep purple. He has tusk inside his mouth which are only slightly visible when he speaks.

When Nigel is in the city he wears comfortable street clothes. Usually rocking the hoodie jacket combo, cargo or sweat pants, and surprisingly good looking sneakers despite his line of work.

Sexuality/Open for romance: Pansexual, yes

Personality: In truth, he's a bit of a harda**. Naturally a leader in social situations and rightfully earned leadership in a more serious job business that happens. He acts respectfully with everyone he associates with but can switch on a dime if that respect isn't given back in turn. As he is often in the leadership role he is used to taking the blame for others and will go over what better options could've happened in his head until he is satisfied that he is prepared should the situation happens again.

Nigel isn't above at finding dumb insults or jokes amusing but really fully laughs at them. He also isn't above getting into shouting matches with people if his buttons get pressed enough or if he just fully dislikes the person. Rarely does he go out of his way to provoke something with others. He isn't a loner however and does enjoy some company. In large group settings, he'll often find the loudest group of people and just join them and watch without saying all that much.

Bio: Firstborn son and unplanned baby to his mother Eileen of the Reed family who are known for their technological advancement in order to help the hunters of the world. A kid born out of wedlock was not a good look that they needed or wanted to keep for long. Around six months after Nigel was born Eileen married Damian Loxley as the two were previously teenage sweethearts. The Loxley family are a mixture of human and elves and are a well-developed family who makes their money by taming beasts, breeding, and then selling them.

Finally, seven years into the marriage, the couple had a kid of their own and gave Nigel a half brother. Nigel did not take well to the new baby in the house who took away attention and was constantly crying and making noise. The annoyance didn't go away as time went on and years passed.

Eventually, Nigel's biological father placed the idea of becoming a hunter like him. When he turned nine he spent eight months with his father and attended an actual hunter academy. From that point on he knew he was going to be following in his father's footsteps, leaving his brother to deal with the family's business.

At fourteen he left to live with his father in the nation's capital of Trine and was accepted into Trine's Spectacular Adacemdy for Hunters, one of the top schools in the nation. He placed sixth in the top ten of his year when he was 19. Nigel was able to travel with his dad and his group for about three years until they retired. For three years after that he kept doing his own thing taking up jobs, temporarily joining other groups, and making sure field researchers didn't die on their jobs. One day he was specifically requested from an organization he worked with previously to pair up with a researcher. Turns out that person turned out to be his brother and there was a lot to catch up on.

Weapons/Abilities: Mual- Previously a large tooth from an even larger beast that has been encased with a strong layer of steel. The weapon is used with both hands to crush the bones of enemies. A rune is carved into the hilt of the weapon to have it go up in flames and burn what it makes contact with.

Dart Gun- A small one-handed gun that can fit inside a pocket. The darts are coated with a poison that will paralyze and knock out the target.

Enchanted thick hide gloves- Fingerless gloves made out of thick leather. The enchantment allows silver chains to emerge from the palms up to 20f. The chains still wrapped around the target until summoned away or Nigel is unable to keep a grip on them.

Role/Class based off: Head hunter/ based on a fighter.

Other:
-Really enjoys baked goods and sour candy
-Mommy issues on the low
-Hobbies include whittling, sewing, and judging people watching
Name: Ivor Loxley

Appearance: A lot less bulky and shorter than his brother. A lighter shade of brown and perfectly clear skin that seems to glow. Unnaturally straight black hair that's short and comes up with a wave. Ivor is 5'9 but holds his own tough muscle under his clothes. His ears are sharply pointed up. He has a tattoo of a feather on the right side of his neck, as well as a good amount of flower tattoos on his right arm that don't flow together.

He typically wears casual formal wear. Open collared shirts with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of loose slacks. He kinda ruins this look a bit by wearing brown working boots but he makes sure they don't clash with the other colors he's wearing.

Sexuality/Open for romance: Bisexual leaning female, yes

Personality: This guy has the energy of a teenager that only consumes energy drinks when he's in a good mood. Ivor is typically a good guy who brings people together with sly remarks and a smile. Seems like he's trying to make a friendly business deal and get your life story at the same time. Loves to talk about his family and friends, but isn't one to intentionally brag or gossip. Loves to lesson to other people gossip.

Bio: Grew up a very hyper child and got a lot of attention from relatives and their friends. Since he always had something to do and people to play with he didn't pay all that attention to the lack of a relationship he had with his older brother. Took an interest in beast taming at an early age due to his father as well as the gadgets and weapons that made taming and hunting easier.

With his two other cousins, he got into parkour and gymnastics to keep his body strong and flexible. Was taught how to use riffles, bows, crossbows, and how to set traps. Most of the family considered attempting to go against a wild beast up close as foolish and such things must be done from a distance to avoid an early grave.

He took a bit of a turn when deciding to learn from more dangerous creatures out in the wild and was grateful for when his younger sister was born when he turned 14 in case something were to happen to him. It was well known at that point that Nigel wasn't coming back to help with the family business at that point. He was still spoken of fairly well for his skill as a hunter but rarely talked about like someone who was related to the family.

Once Ivor was able to go out on his own he decided that it would be a great idea to reconnect with his brother through their shared love of being out in the field. It did not go as smoothly as planned for quite some time.

Weapons/Abilities: Hunting bow- It's quite standard other than the fact that Ivor is able to use a spell to make standard arrows appear from nowhere.

Duel Push Daggers- Also fairly normal, used for when pulling back a bowstring in close quarters means death.

Knows how to do a very simple healing spell that typically stops most of the bleeding, doesn't always heal the entire wound depending on how bad it is.

Light Spell- Being able to touch an object and have that object glow in a ten feet radius is very useful, except when you need to be sneaky.

Role/Class based off: Monster researcher, based on a Ranger

Other:
-Should probably invest more into sweatpants so he can avoid ripping his nice slacks
-Knows a guy who knows a guy
-Will sing to fill in silence
Name: Ivor Loxley

Appearance: A lot less bulky and shorter than his brother. A lighter shade of brown and perfectly clear skin that seems to glow. Unnaturally straight black hair that's short and comes up with a wave. Ivor is 5'9 but holds his own tough muscle under his clothes. His ears are sharply pointed up. He has a tattoo of a feather on the right side of his neck, as well as a good amount of flower tattoos on his right arm that don't flow together.

He typically wears casual formal wear. Open collared shirts with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of loose slacks. He kinda ruins this look a bit by wearing brown working boots but he makes sure they don't clash with the other colors he's wearing.

Sexuality/Open for romance: Bisexual leaning female, yes

Personality: This guy has the energy of a teenager that only consumes energy drinks when he's in a good mood. Ivor is typically a good guy who brings people together with sly remarks and a smile. Seems like he's trying to make a friendly business deal and get your life story at the same time. Loves to talk about his family and friends, but isn't one to intentionally brag or gossip. Loves to lesson to other people gossip.

Bio: Grew up a very hyper child and got a lot of attention from relatives and their friends. Since he always had something to do and people to play with he didn't pay all that attention to the lack of a relationship he had with his older brother. Took an interest in beast taming at an early age due to his father as well as the gadgets and weapons that made taming and hunting easier.

With his two other cousins, he got into parkour and gymnastics to keep his body strong and flexible. Was taught how to use riffles, bows, crossbows, and how to set traps. Most of the family considered attempting to go against a wild beast up close as foolish and such things must be done from a distance to avoid an early grave.

He took a bit of a turn when deciding to learn from more dangerous creatures out in the wild and was grateful for when his younger sister was born when he turned 14 in case something were to happen to him. It was well known at that point that Nigel wasn't coming back to help with the family business at that point. He was still spoken of fairly well for his skill as a hunter but rarely talked about like someone who was related to the family.

Once Ivor was able to go out on his own he decided that it would be a great idea to reconnect with his brother through their shared love of being out in the field. It did not go as smoothly as planned for quite some time.

Weapons/Abilities: Hunting bow- It's quite standard other than the fact that Ivor is able to use a spell to make standard arrows appear from nowhere.

Duel Push Daggers- Also fairly normal, used for when pulling back a bowstring in close quarters means death.

Knows how to do a very simple healing spell that typically stops most of the bleeding, doesn't always heal the entire wound depending on how bad it is.

Light Spell- Being able to touch an object and have that object glow in a ten feet radius is very useful, except when you need to be sneaky.

Role/Class based off: Monster researcher, based on a Ranger

Other:
-Should probably invest more into sweatpants so he can avoid ripping his nice slacks
-Knows a guy who knows a guy
-Will sing to fill in silence
We're finally open for people to join!
We're finally open for people to join!
I'm finally done xD [center][b]Name: [/b] Salem Trevino [b]Age:[/b] 20 [b]Gender/Pronouns:[/b] Male (He/him) [b]Appearance:[/b] [img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQTdN14d_4UmpbfJ1Q4mT5Tn2Zyqk_lMsuGGlR1M5Qj7AZ8gAk%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2F149p3j1xwv041.jpg[/img] He's a bit tall, being about 6'2". He is pretty slim, with little muscle. he has a fair complexion, with freckles littering his nose and cheeks as well as across his body, found most dense on his arms and shoulders. His eyes a a crystal blue, growing a bit darker around the rims of his iris, though he tried to keep his eyes on the down low, since they bring a lot of attention to him when people ask about them. He has rather sharp canines that are a bit longer than the rest of his teeth, though they aren't long enough to poke out of his mouth. His hair is dirty blonde and rather wavy, maybe even a bit curly. He has an undercut as well. Despite his sharp features, he's not very intimidating. He has a fairly new and large scar across his chest from an incident with a monster and a scar on his jawline that goes up on his cheek a bit. He has a few more less notable scars across his body from hunting as well. He often wears more casual clothing that he find comfortable, so the generic hoodie or jacket with a t-shirt and jeans or slacks. He generally wears sneakers or combat boots. He usually wears simple stud earrings and sometimes paints his nail black. ;) [b]Sexuality/Open for romance: [/b] Bisexual leaning male / Sure, why not [b]Personality:[/b] He is an Kind guy who likes to be around people and can be a bit energetic. He is often around others, hating to be alone. He is the idiot friend who is funny and charming. Despite this, he can be a bit blunt, and often doesn't try to come off as rude, but may. He is friendly and welcoming, and wont try and start fights with other people. He is the kind of person you could go to to talk about your feelings. He can also get a bit jealous of others if his friends begin to ignore him to talk to said person. It will lead to him being a bit rude to the person. He tries not to get mad at others and be mean (Because he doesn't like when others are mean to him), so he probably wont stay mad at them for very long if he also likes them. If they are interacting with someone he likes though, he may come off as rude to them often. He loves to tease his friends and loves to be around them. He is pretty loyal to his friends and is pretty trusting to others. He wouldn't be the type of person to confront someone for doing something to him or others though, since he isn't very strong and avoids conflict. He's pretty insecure and can get really sad over small things. [b]Bio:[/b] Salem was the second youngest of his family, the third child of his family. He had two older siblings, and a younger sibling. They lived rather happily, his father and mother weren't very involved with monsters though. They did have sibling rivalries like every family though, and bickered back and forth constantly. His older brother (The oldest sibling) was the one who sparked his interest in hunting monsters when he said that he would be a monster hunter. He often looked up to his brother, so he was grateful when he helped him train every now and then when he was young. Soon though, his brother had to leave to really train to become a monster hunter. It made him rather sad to see his brother go, but he knew he had to. He decided to try and become a monster hunter as well, though after a few years of training everything came to an abrupt stop when their family got news that Salem's brother had been killed while hunting. Salem quickly grew sadder as the days went on, even through his siblings comforting words. He stopped training for a while before suddenly coming to the conclusion that his brother would have wanted him to continue and accomplish his dream, so he tried again. He was an unusual candidate to try and become a monster hunter, being rather slim and without muscle, but he quickly began to prove himself with his speed and cunning rather than his brute strength. He grew somewhat of a reputation as a good hunter after a while of training and decided he wanted to take it to the next level and try and make it his career. He did well for a little while, but after having a near death experience with a monster he was supposed to be hunting, he had decided he wanted to try and get some backup or find a group looking for people, and that's when he came across a strange website. [b] Weapons/Abilities:[/b] [url=https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjdZCTcE7hNCw5tu2U2UN8n_oQAPOP30q63EpgxpkxaGXdAqOQ:https://www.americaremembers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/George-Patton-Tribute-32-Pistol-Full-Left-CMYK_rev.jpg&usqp=CAU][b]Dual Pistols[/b][/url]-They are both made from silver and they both have filigree carving on the barrel and handle. Instead of bullets though, they use focused magic blasts that, depending on what the goal is, can be lethal or just extremely painful. [url=https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST94cyp3H_TUoH-HwWuP3RexpY5cIx-cgL0oI_W-rra7obUjE:https://i.pinimg.com/originals/be/a1/65/bea165faf345d007eb63364766947ba9.jpg&usqp=CAU][b] Dual Karambit[/b][/url]-He generally carries around the melee weapons on him often, in case of emergency. He is very skilled with them and with his speed can be a challenging opponent with them [b]Shield[/b]- He can create a shield temporarily in a variety of sizes. It could be to protect him from a blow, or to hold off an enemy while he protects his friends. The size affects how long it can hold and as well as how much energy he uses. He can make small shields rather easily and make a lot of them, but he can only make one big shield in a certain amount of time. He doesn't use this ability often though, since he needs his energy, only when he is told or it is to protect himself from a dangerous impact/attack. [b] Role/Class based off: [/b] Monster Hunter / Bard-ish? [/center] [b]Other:[/b] [LIST] [*]He can speak French, and often does. [*]He is more speed reliant since he isn't the strongest, that's why I chose Bard, since they are more in the sidelines rather than head on fighting. He helps more with tiring the monster rather than straight up fighting it. [*]He LOVES milkshakes. [/LIST] ----- Might make another character if I feel I can RP with them both :)
I'm finally done xD
Name:
Salem Trevino

Gender/Pronouns:
Male (He/him)

Appearance:
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQTdN14d_4UmpbfJ1Q4mT5Tn2Zyqk_lMsuGGlR1M5Qj7AZ8gAk%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2F149p3j1xwv041.jpg

He's a bit tall, being about 6'2". He is pretty slim, with little muscle. he has a fair complexion, with freckles littering his nose and cheeks as well as across his body, found most dense on his arms and shoulders. His eyes a a crystal blue, growing a bit darker around the rims of his iris, though he tried to keep his eyes on the down low, since they bring a lot of attention to him when people ask about them. He has rather sharp canines that are a bit longer than the rest of his teeth, though they aren't long enough to poke out of his mouth. His hair is dirty blonde and rather wavy, maybe even a bit curly. He has an undercut as well. Despite his sharp features, he's not very intimidating.

He has a fairly new and large scar across his chest from an incident with a monster and a scar on his jawline that goes up on his cheek a bit. He has a few more less notable scars across his body from hunting as well.

He often wears more casual clothing that he find comfortable, so the generic hoodie or jacket with a t-shirt and jeans or slacks. He generally wears sneakers or combat boots. He usually wears simple stud earrings and sometimes paints his nail black. ;)

Sexuality/Open for romance:
Bisexual leaning male / Sure, why not

Personality:
He is an Kind guy who likes to be around people and can be a bit energetic. He is often around others, hating to be alone. He is the idiot friend who is funny and charming. Despite this, he can be a bit blunt, and often doesn't try to come off as rude, but may. He is friendly and welcoming, and wont try and start fights with other people. He is the kind of person you could go to to talk about your feelings. He can also get a bit jealous of others if his friends begin to ignore him to talk to said person. It will lead to him being a bit rude to the person. He tries not to get mad at others and be mean (Because he doesn't like when others are mean to him), so he probably wont stay mad at them for very long if he also likes them. If they are interacting with someone he likes though, he may come off as rude to them often. He loves to tease his friends and loves to be around them. He is pretty loyal to his friends and is pretty trusting to others. He wouldn't be the type of person to confront someone for doing something to him or others though, since he isn't very strong and avoids conflict. He's pretty insecure and can get really sad over small things.

Bio:
Salem was the second youngest of his family, the third child of his family. He had two older siblings, and a younger sibling. They lived rather happily, his father and mother weren't very involved with monsters though. They did have sibling rivalries like every family though, and bickered back and forth constantly. His older brother (The oldest sibling) was the one who sparked his interest in hunting monsters when he said that he would be a monster hunter. He often looked up to his brother, so he was grateful when he helped him train every now and then when he was young. Soon though, his brother had to leave to really train to become a monster hunter. It made him rather sad to see his brother go, but he knew he had to.

He decided to try and become a monster hunter as well, though after a few years of training everything came to an abrupt stop when their family got news that Salem's brother had been killed while hunting. Salem quickly grew sadder as the days went on, even through his siblings comforting words. He stopped training for a while before suddenly coming to the conclusion that his brother would have wanted him to continue and accomplish his dream, so he tried again.

He was an unusual candidate to try and become a monster hunter, being rather slim and without muscle, but he quickly began to prove himself with his speed and cunning rather than his brute strength. He grew somewhat of a reputation as a good hunter after a while of training and decided he wanted to take it to the next level and try and make it his career. He did well for a little while, but after having a near death experience with a monster he was supposed to be hunting, he had decided he wanted to try and get some backup or find a group looking for people, and that's when he came across a strange website.

Weapons/Abilities:

Dual Pistols-They are both made from silver and they both have filigree carving on the barrel and handle. Instead of bullets though, they use focused magic blasts that, depending on what the goal is, can be lethal or just extremely painful.

Dual Karambit
-He generally carries around the melee weapons on him often, in case of emergency. He is very skilled with them and with his speed can be a challenging opponent with them

Shield- He can create a shield temporarily in a variety of sizes. It could be to protect him from a blow, or to hold off an enemy while he protects his friends. The size affects how long it can hold and as well as how much energy he uses. He can make small shields rather easily and make a lot of them, but he can only make one big shield in a certain amount of time. He doesn't use this ability often though, since he needs his energy, only when he is told or it is to protect himself from a dangerous impact/attack.

Role/Class based off:

Monster Hunter / Bard-ish?
Other:
  • He can speak French, and often does.
  • He is more speed reliant since he isn't the strongest, that's why I chose Bard, since they are more in the sidelines rather than head on fighting. He helps more with tiring the monster rather than straight up fighting it.
  • He LOVES milkshakes.

Might make another character if I feel I can RP with them both :)
wugdsc4.png ---- - jtTH2PS.gif
-Lore
------ wFqHTqy.png ---
-Chicken
-FR+2
-she/Her
-Loves anything felidae
-Loves to draw!
-Needs FR currency ;0;
--- NSexOmD.gif
--- -.- Boop me
--- wugdsc4.png