Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | WoF RP [OOC]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22
Hybrid dergs can reproduce tho, which is weird but really cool
Hybrid dergs can reproduce tho, which is weird but really cool
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
:thinking emoji: I guess it depends on the dragon specie. If the two parent species are similar enough they have a higher chance of producing a functional child, but that child will have an even lower chance of producing a functional dragon.....
*falls into the rabbit hole of biology*

I actually found a pretty useful video about biology that made things make much more sense :)
:thinking emoji: I guess it depends on the dragon specie. If the two parent species are similar enough they have a higher chance of producing a functional child, but that child will have an even lower chance of producing a functional dragon.....
*falls into the rabbit hole of biology*

I actually found a pretty useful video about biology that made things make much more sense :)
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
Yeah, that and according to the wiki producing a hybrid is uncommon, which even then if there are two hybrids then the chances of a quadbrid (four tribe hybrid) would probably be really low as well

Anyhow
Yeah, that and according to the wiki producing a hybrid is uncommon, which even then if there are two hybrids then the chances of a quadbrid (four tribe hybrid) would probably be really low as well

Anyhow
16159155922955337174188748864268.png
Biology is fun
Biology is fun
7zcCDc4.png
ah this gives me flashbacks to bio lmao

the way i see it is that dragons as a whole are one species, and the diff tribes are separate branches that evolved to adapt to their surroundings, and probably had a mother "dragon" species

they're technically not far enough removed to be completely unable to breed, and because they interact with each other and don't have any of the ecological barriers (like physical, mating rituals, etc) that prevent them from breeding, they can

its like the FR dragons, but hybrids look at both of their parents; the FR biology in dragons work the same as well, but there isn't really such a thing as "hybrid" in FR lore

its like convergent evolution i think? where they had a common ancestor then branched off, so their genetic info is still relatively similar, just different genes are turned on to better adapt with their environment
ah this gives me flashbacks to bio lmao

the way i see it is that dragons as a whole are one species, and the diff tribes are separate branches that evolved to adapt to their surroundings, and probably had a mother "dragon" species

they're technically not far enough removed to be completely unable to breed, and because they interact with each other and don't have any of the ecological barriers (like physical, mating rituals, etc) that prevent them from breeding, they can

its like the FR dragons, but hybrids look at both of their parents; the FR biology in dragons work the same as well, but there isn't really such a thing as "hybrid" in FR lore

its like convergent evolution i think? where they had a common ancestor then branched off, so their genetic info is still relatively similar, just different genes are turned on to better adapt with their environment
bnskTgX.png
Hmmm.. True

Aside from that I'm ready whenever everyone is ready
Hmmm.. True

Aside from that I'm ready whenever everyone is ready
16159155922955337174188748864268.png
I think it varies.
For example, tigers and lions both come from a shared ancestor, and they can breed, but the chances of producing a healthy and functional cub is rare.

Ah well, these are book series and a game, it doesn't need to be hyper realistic.
I think it varies.
For example, tigers and lions both come from a shared ancestor, and they can breed, but the chances of producing a healthy and functional cub is rare.

Ah well, these are book series and a game, it doesn't need to be hyper realistic.
7zcCDc4.png
im reaady whenever you all are as well :)
im reaady whenever you all are as well :)
bnskTgX.png
Ditto!

I might make another character later, but don't wait for me
Ditto!

I might make another character later, but don't wait for me
7zcCDc4.png
Question:

Is briar still joinin? Cause its been a 2 days since their last reply ack

Gettin slightly worried about em
Question: