Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Supernatural Threat [ Closed | OOC ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
um, hello there!

i would like to join, but the character i've got is more of an urban legend than the fantastical beings you all play. he's basically a, uh, hivemind of black-misty rats in a humanoid form, representing the tale of the rat king (TW: horribly gross, dead animals). people used to consider the rat king as a bad omen in folklore.

he's still a new-ish character for me, but i already have a vague idea on his personality. all that he's missing now is a world to interact with.

i apologize if i may have disturbed any of you in some way! it's been a long, long while since my last group rp, and i've decided to give it another try.
um, hello there!

i would like to join, but the character i've got is more of an urban legend than the fantastical beings you all play. he's basically a, uh, hivemind of black-misty rats in a humanoid form, representing the tale of the rat king (TW: horribly gross, dead animals). people used to consider the rat king as a bad omen in folklore.

he's still a new-ish character for me, but i already have a vague idea on his personality. all that he's missing now is a world to interact with.

i apologize if i may have disturbed any of you in some way! it's been a long, long while since my last group rp, and i've decided to give it another try.
@etlym

Hey! One it seems like a really interesting basis for a character, and I absolutely love it! But yeah, you can join with him of course! In the context of this roleplay I chose the term supernatural just to refer to anything that isn't human whether it be mythical, legend, folklore, or fantastical, so he would fit into this world quite well! All I ask is that you fill out a character form for him!
@etlym

Hey! One it seems like a really interesting basis for a character, and I absolutely love it! But yeah, you can join with him of course! In the context of this roleplay I chose the term supernatural just to refer to anything that isn't human whether it be mythical, legend, folklore, or fantastical, so he would fit into this world quite well! All I ask is that you fill out a character form for him!
Sounds like a very interesting character!! I cant wait to rp with you and him as a character!
Sounds like a very interesting character!! I cant wait to rp with you and him as a character!
"Imagination is the power to gather roses in the winter"
Ever heard of Dreamophrenia? Its a great Youtube cartoon done by Two amasing people. I highly recommend checking it out! Link here -->
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vkMeoUhXRejAU7M6uaeQQ

She/Her Lesbian Colorado Dragonsona: Faedra
oh cool! i'll fill the form up in a bit then!
oh cool! i'll fill the form up in a bit then!
Name: Nez (short for Nezmond, but he hates it)
Sexuality: Asexual
Species: Supernatural, a rat king
Role: Fugitive - he rolls as a neutral, but ever since people like him had been discovered to exist, keeping to himself has become more and more difficult to achieve
Appearance:
Humanoid from the torso down. He has a horned rat skull for a head, with pinpricks of light in the eye sockets so he could see. His body underneath his clothes doesn't appear to be tangible, and instead looks like a mass of small, writhing, shadowy creatures combined into a human shape. He has a tail that looks more like an entanglement of black-misty tendrils than a single thick appendage.
His getup consists of a dark blue shirt with a stylized "SCAVENGER" on the front, a pair of baggy shorts, compression tights and high cut shoes. On top of all that is a black, rather ragged jacket whose hood had been added slits on for his horns.
Personality:
People would call Nez a coward. He preferred the term "acute self-preservation". He's non-confrontational to his core, usually sticking to the background and skulking about rather than basking under the spotlight. If caught in a predicament or even in a conversation he had no intention to join, the first step of his plan would be to find a way out while getting little to no injury on his person. In terms of interaction, he would change the subject almost as quickly if inquired about himself.
Being what is essentially a hivemind of eldritch rodents does have its benefits however. He rarely doubts himself, feeling secure in what he knows and feels, always does things with reasons he could explain clearly. He trusts himself more than others, resulting in him being a loner-type of person, but he would tell you that he doesn't feel that alone in the first place. He's slow to anger, and his sense of judgment is thorough.
When severely stressed, however...that is another matter entirely.
Backstory:
He woke up like this 25 years ago without any memory of any past. Ever since then, he's been scouring and travelling through highly-urbanized places, stealing and smuggling stuff for himself as a means of survival.
Other:
He could send out little shadowy rats to scout an area or get into hard-to-reach places for him, but he does need to recall them as they are a part of him. When distressed, his sense of self starts to fracture, the hivemind losing its whole as individuals begin to speak up, heavily impairing his sense of judgment and decision-making. Signs of this include there being more than one pinprick of light in each eye socket of his skull, inky smoke-like substance wafting from his form, and his tail splitting up into multiple fibers.
He hates fire and music made from woodwind instruments, like a flute or a pipe, and carries around a music player with his choice of sound to block out the latter.
He's also a big eater, and most of his runs outside of a safe spot consists of food heisting and hoarding.

Name: Nez (short for Nezmond, but he hates it)
Sexuality: Asexual
Species: Supernatural, a rat king
Role: Fugitive - he rolls as a neutral, but ever since people like him had been discovered to exist, keeping to himself has become more and more difficult to achieve
Appearance:
Humanoid from the torso down. He has a horned rat skull for a head, with pinpricks of light in the eye sockets so he could see. His body underneath his clothes doesn't appear to be tangible, and instead looks like a mass of small, writhing, shadowy creatures combined into a human shape. He has a tail that looks more like an entanglement of black-misty tendrils than a single thick appendage.
His getup consists of a dark blue shirt with a stylized "SCAVENGER" on the front, a pair of baggy shorts, compression tights and high cut shoes. On top of all that is a black, rather ragged jacket whose hood had been added slits on for his horns.
Personality:
People would call Nez a coward. He preferred the term "acute self-preservation". He's non-confrontational to his core, usually sticking to the background and skulking about rather than basking under the spotlight. If caught in a predicament or even in a conversation he had no intention to join, the first step of his plan would be to find a way out while getting little to no injury on his person. In terms of interaction, he would change the subject almost as quickly if inquired about himself.
Being what is essentially a hivemind of eldritch rodents does have its benefits however. He rarely doubts himself, feeling secure in what he knows and feels, always does things with reasons he could explain clearly. He trusts himself more than others, resulting in him being a loner-type of person, but he would tell you that he doesn't feel that alone in the first place. He's slow to anger, and his sense of judgment is thorough.
When severely stressed, however...that is another matter entirely.
Backstory:
He woke up like this 25 years ago without any memory of any past. Ever since then, he's been scouring and travelling through highly-urbanized places, stealing and smuggling stuff for himself as a means of survival.
Other:
He could send out little shadowy rats to scout an area or get into hard-to-reach places for him, but he does need to recall them as they are a part of him. When distressed, his sense of self starts to fracture, the hivemind losing its whole as individuals begin to speak up, heavily impairing his sense of judgment and decision-making. Signs of this include there being more than one pinprick of light in each eye socket of his skull, inky smoke-like substance wafting from his form, and his tail splitting up into multiple fibers.
He hates fire and music made from woodwind instruments, like a flute or a pipe, and carries around a music player with his choice of sound to block out the latter.
He's also a big eater, and most of his runs outside of a safe spot consists of food heisting and hoarding.

here he is! i've also, uh, drew him so i could show you guys what he looks like just in case
here he is! i've also, uh, drew him so i could show you guys what he looks like just in case
Alright, accepted! If you'd like to share you're free to, I'd love to see it! I probably won't add him to the character list until tomorrow(when I can get on a computer), but you're free to start roleplaying with him!
Alright, accepted! If you'd like to share you're free to, I'd love to see it! I probably won't add him to the character list until tomorrow(when I can get on a computer), but you're free to start roleplaying with him!
nice! i think i have a scenario in mind

@Piratepuma

is it alright for Nez to attempt to break into Calico's apartment? or something like that? i'm thinking that maybe one of his scouts found Calico's place and heard about the food.
nice! i think i have a scenario in mind

@Piratepuma

is it alright for Nez to attempt to break into Calico's apartment? or something like that? i'm thinking that maybe one of his scouts found Calico's place and heard about the food.
Thats perfectly fine! He can try to break in! As long as he doesnt mind that she is feline and can be quite friendly.
Thats perfectly fine! He can try to break in! As long as he doesnt mind that she is feline and can be quite friendly.
"Imagination is the power to gather roses in the winter"
Ever heard of Dreamophrenia? Its a great Youtube cartoon done by Two amasing people. I highly recommend checking it out! Link here -->
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vkMeoUhXRejAU7M6uaeQQ

She/Her Lesbian Colorado Dragonsona: Faedra
Welp, I had almost finished writing my response when my phone inexplicably decided to restart causing me to lose all four paragraphs that I just wrote, and I'm too tired to rewrite it right now, so I'll respond tomorrow
Welp, I had almost finished writing my response when my phone inexplicably decided to restart causing me to lose all four paragraphs that I just wrote, and I'm too tired to rewrite it right now, so I'll respond tomorrow
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46