Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fantasy Jump in (OPEN RP)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17
Ghitari gave an ‘eh, what can you do?’ shrug to the bloodhunter, expression still bright in return to the laughter. The sound was quite contagious though, a short joyous sound causing her shoulders to bounce a few times even if it was’t enough qualify as ‘outright laughter’. She took the hand offered up, a single stroke of a lazy shake before letting go, “A lovely name.” An arm curled slightly around the swords between her thighs, a beat of silence passing as her gaze shifted to off the ship but ultimately returned to Jay. “Ghitari Demira—” the fingers of her free hand briefly planted against her chest— “A pleasure to meet you.”

With introductions passed she dropped her hand and let the arm fold atop her legs with the other, letting the peaceful silence finally settle between them. Of course nothing lasts forever, and the Dragonborn sounded determined not to let the energy levels on the ship die just yet.

Not that she was complaining!

With the other misfits calling out to claim their place with Varask, the tiefling twisted the blade belts in hand and shoved off the steps with a single hop landing her upon the lower deck. “Hey! Save some for the rest of us,” playfully calling out she followed after Jay.

Looking at the small group already gathered, the Dragonborn, Deva, Kobold who promised to return, and if she wasn’t mistaken, the celestial from earlier, it all just felt... nice. In a way. Freeing perhaps, grouping together after a hard battle...

It was different than home, and she for that she could not be more pleased.

From the corner of her eye she caught their captain retreating, watching the Half Orc from behind before again settling back on the three before her. “Just a moment,” dropping her swords to the ground she started in that direction only to stop and point an obviously falsely scolding finger at them, “and keep what I said in mind!”

Pale leather clad knuckles rapped on the enterance of the captain’s quarters when the tiefling approached, moving aside so she wouldn’t be right in front of the door... just in case. “Captain oh captain!” She hummed happily, “I will respect your space should you just be in need of break, however I felt it would be right to ask if you had any intentions on joining us? As our savior I’d hate for you to end up without a glass of your own, so just say the word and I will be sure to secure one for you from those mongrels.” The teifling preened slightly, posture straightening and tail flickering briefly behind her before relaxing down once again. There was a small pause, before she started again. This time a bit more gentle than her previous teasing or sauve interactions, brushing a stray strand of hair behind her horn, “If you really do need a break though, i’m sure the others will understand.”

((Edit: Fixed an error ^^’ ))
Ghitari gave an ‘eh, what can you do?’ shrug to the bloodhunter, expression still bright in return to the laughter. The sound was quite contagious though, a short joyous sound causing her shoulders to bounce a few times even if it was’t enough qualify as ‘outright laughter’. She took the hand offered up, a single stroke of a lazy shake before letting go, “A lovely name.” An arm curled slightly around the swords between her thighs, a beat of silence passing as her gaze shifted to off the ship but ultimately returned to Jay. “Ghitari Demira—” the fingers of her free hand briefly planted against her chest— “A pleasure to meet you.”

With introductions passed she dropped her hand and let the arm fold atop her legs with the other, letting the peaceful silence finally settle between them. Of course nothing lasts forever, and the Dragonborn sounded determined not to let the energy levels on the ship die just yet.

Not that she was complaining!

With the other misfits calling out to claim their place with Varask, the tiefling twisted the blade belts in hand and shoved off the steps with a single hop landing her upon the lower deck. “Hey! Save some for the rest of us,” playfully calling out she followed after Jay.

Looking at the small group already gathered, the Dragonborn, Deva, Kobold who promised to return, and if she wasn’t mistaken, the celestial from earlier, it all just felt... nice. In a way. Freeing perhaps, grouping together after a hard battle...

It was different than home, and she for that she could not be more pleased.

From the corner of her eye she caught their captain retreating, watching the Half Orc from behind before again settling back on the three before her. “Just a moment,” dropping her swords to the ground she started in that direction only to stop and point an obviously falsely scolding finger at them, “and keep what I said in mind!”

Pale leather clad knuckles rapped on the enterance of the captain’s quarters when the tiefling approached, moving aside so she wouldn’t be right in front of the door... just in case. “Captain oh captain!” She hummed happily, “I will respect your space should you just be in need of break, however I felt it would be right to ask if you had any intentions on joining us? As our savior I’d hate for you to end up without a glass of your own, so just say the word and I will be sure to secure one for you from those mongrels.” The teifling preened slightly, posture straightening and tail flickering briefly behind her before relaxing down once again. There was a small pause, before she started again. This time a bit more gentle than her previous teasing or sauve interactions, brushing a stray strand of hair behind her horn, “If you really do need a break though, i’m sure the others will understand.”

((Edit: Fixed an error ^^’ ))
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
((So, I liked the quote SuddenShimmer put about Pip, so I had to do some drawings which ended up with two emotions because why not, a happy Pip, and a not so happy Pip. Tadaa))
((So, I liked the quote SuddenShimmer put about Pip, so I had to do some drawings which ended up with two emotions because why not, a happy Pip, and a not so happy Pip. Tadaa))
He watched the captain hurry away with a worried glance, something was off here terribly off. The previously jovian half orc seemed anxious now. He wanted to go check to silence his screaming instincts if nothing else but Ghitari had beat him to it in a way having leapt down after him then veered off to inquire if the half orc would be rejoining the group. He quirked a small smile under the mask, he liked her, she was a bit like one of the strange fruits the monks cultivated, mysterious on the outside. With a sharp bite to begin with, followed by something more sweet. He'd been wrong before about the trust worthiness of an individual but he hoped he was right here.

His attentions returned to the deck in time to watch pip dart off with a small flash of crimson, one of his discarded feathers perhaps? The monks would be horrified to know he was handing out feathers but he felt nothing sacred about them. When she returned he would ask if she wanted more seeing as how he would be still for a while, and would finally have the time to preen. Old ones be praised he needed to preen, especially with the ghastly few blood feathers that had cropped up in the last few weeks. He absently curled a wing to his gloved hand to stoke the feathers, some of his primaries reaching two or three feet in length to support his race's tall stature. The hunter himself stood at about 6' 6". He carried on stroking the feathers awaiting his drink until the celestial approached him.

Jay tipped his head quizzically at the sudden cry of shock out of the sapphire feathered male. His own wings puffing up with the shock of it, he kept a wary eye on the other man until he lowered his wings, no agression. "The creatures I hunt call me the Crimson Corvid, the creatures I hunt for call me Corvidae. The monks called me Jay." His wings fluffed up a bit at the joint as they curled forward slightly "I am Deva, ancestors of the aasimar. Though I've also been told we are the corporeal angels." He dropped his regal tone and let his amusement slip through, "that being said no one has ever been quite so gobsmacked upon speaking to me before." He took a step closer eyeing his fellow winged male, "now you've just told me that you are no aasimar yourself, and you certainly don't look Deva. Who are you? From what tree does you blood flow?"
He watched the captain hurry away with a worried glance, something was off here terribly off. The previously jovian half orc seemed anxious now. He wanted to go check to silence his screaming instincts if nothing else but Ghitari had beat him to it in a way having leapt down after him then veered off to inquire if the half orc would be rejoining the group. He quirked a small smile under the mask, he liked her, she was a bit like one of the strange fruits the monks cultivated, mysterious on the outside. With a sharp bite to begin with, followed by something more sweet. He'd been wrong before about the trust worthiness of an individual but he hoped he was right here.

His attentions returned to the deck in time to watch pip dart off with a small flash of crimson, one of his discarded feathers perhaps? The monks would be horrified to know he was handing out feathers but he felt nothing sacred about them. When she returned he would ask if she wanted more seeing as how he would be still for a while, and would finally have the time to preen. Old ones be praised he needed to preen, especially with the ghastly few blood feathers that had cropped up in the last few weeks. He absently curled a wing to his gloved hand to stoke the feathers, some of his primaries reaching two or three feet in length to support his race's tall stature. The hunter himself stood at about 6' 6". He carried on stroking the feathers awaiting his drink until the celestial approached him.

Jay tipped his head quizzically at the sudden cry of shock out of the sapphire feathered male. His own wings puffing up with the shock of it, he kept a wary eye on the other man until he lowered his wings, no agression. "The creatures I hunt call me the Crimson Corvid, the creatures I hunt for call me Corvidae. The monks called me Jay." His wings fluffed up a bit at the joint as they curled forward slightly "I am Deva, ancestors of the aasimar. Though I've also been told we are the corporeal angels." He dropped his regal tone and let his amusement slip through, "that being said no one has ever been quite so gobsmacked upon speaking to me before." He took a step closer eyeing his fellow winged male, "now you've just told me that you are no aasimar yourself, and you certainly don't look Deva. Who are you? From what tree does you blood flow?"
"Pleased to meet you, Jay. My name is Solas... and the answer to your last question is angelic. Angels are my ancestors, and," he lowered his voice, "So is man. And I am hunted by both." His wings drooped as he finished speaking, still refusing to meet anyone's eyes. "You would call me a Nephil, though I may be different from others you have seen. My blood is nearly pure, only slightly different from the angels', same as the rets of my species. Doesn't stop anyone from trying to kill us, though. We're less powerful than angels, easier to kill, so humans do it to cut off and sell our wings. Angels do it because they're terrified of us. We can't be controlled as easily as them, so of course we have to die." His wings snapped the rest of the way open and he glared at the ground. Stupid angels.

(Yes it's a thing his species does, eye contact is considered aggression until you are familiar and friendly with the person)
"Pleased to meet you, Jay. My name is Solas... and the answer to your last question is angelic. Angels are my ancestors, and," he lowered his voice, "So is man. And I am hunted by both." His wings drooped as he finished speaking, still refusing to meet anyone's eyes. "You would call me a Nephil, though I may be different from others you have seen. My blood is nearly pure, only slightly different from the angels', same as the rets of my species. Doesn't stop anyone from trying to kill us, though. We're less powerful than angels, easier to kill, so humans do it to cut off and sell our wings. Angels do it because they're terrified of us. We can't be controlled as easily as them, so of course we have to die." His wings snapped the rest of the way open and he glared at the ground. Stupid angels.

(Yes it's a thing his species does, eye contact is considered aggression until you are familiar and friendly with the person)
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
Screw breakfast! This was gonna have to have to happen now, or never! Cihan swung around, took a deep, determined breath of air… And immediately lost her courage when as soon as she heard Ghitari on the other side, and her stomach dropped all the way into toes.

“I’m fine, I just, erm… I need a second, I’ll be right out!” The half orc called, a little too loudly with a rattle in her voice that was most certainly audible enough for the tiefling to hear. It was time to run some numbers. Cihan was currently in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by a handful immensely strong magical creatures, on a stolen ship, running from a hoard or orcs, of which her father was the chief. The ship was out of magic, and all Cihan had on her was a sword, and PIP, who she couldn’t put in harm’s way if the situation got out of hand. Whichever way she looked at it, this situation wasn’t favourable.

Cihan puffed out her chest again. With all the trimmings she had to disguise herself now gone; she looked a little different. It’s not like Cihan hadn’t ever removed them, but this felt different. She felt vulnerable, like her power was all stripped away at once… Good, that was the plan.

Slowly the door creaked back open, and in the doorway stood the half-orc, wide eyed, lips twitched up into a forced smile. With a pronounced stride that made it look as though her boots no longer fit her feet, she made her way over to the dragonborn without making eye contact with anyone, helping herself to the bottle of ale in his hand and taking a hefty swig.

“Well now, that’s better! Varask has the right idea, we should be celebrating our brave escape. Gather round everyone, your captain has an announcement to make!”
Screw breakfast! This was gonna have to have to happen now, or never! Cihan swung around, took a deep, determined breath of air… And immediately lost her courage when as soon as she heard Ghitari on the other side, and her stomach dropped all the way into toes.

“I’m fine, I just, erm… I need a second, I’ll be right out!” The half orc called, a little too loudly with a rattle in her voice that was most certainly audible enough for the tiefling to hear. It was time to run some numbers. Cihan was currently in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by a handful immensely strong magical creatures, on a stolen ship, running from a hoard or orcs, of which her father was the chief. The ship was out of magic, and all Cihan had on her was a sword, and PIP, who she couldn’t put in harm’s way if the situation got out of hand. Whichever way she looked at it, this situation wasn’t favourable.

Cihan puffed out her chest again. With all the trimmings she had to disguise herself now gone; she looked a little different. It’s not like Cihan hadn’t ever removed them, but this felt different. She felt vulnerable, like her power was all stripped away at once… Good, that was the plan.

Slowly the door creaked back open, and in the doorway stood the half-orc, wide eyed, lips twitched up into a forced smile. With a pronounced stride that made it look as though her boots no longer fit her feet, she made her way over to the dragonborn without making eye contact with anyone, helping herself to the bottle of ale in his hand and taking a hefty swig.

“Well now, that’s better! Varask has the right idea, we should be celebrating our brave escape. Gather round everyone, your captain has an announcement to make!”

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
Upon returning to the group, Pip half hopped off the stairs, stumbling slightly but quickly righting herself as she came forward. "Alright, what'd I miss? Haven't started without me have you?" She questioned, with eager excitement. Even for her small size, she didn't seem to be one to pass up a hearty drink.

Looking to the masked one talking to the other winged figure, she remembered the feather and walked over to the two. Stepping up next to the masked one, she listened to the blue-winged one talk for a moment while waiting for a pause. Humans after them huh? Well, at least there was a common enemy among the two. Though, as if Mardal was at her side once more, she felt guilt fighting against the grudge she held. Shrugging off the feeling, she reached out as a pause came. Lightly tapping him on the leg, she pulled the feather out of her bag and studied it. "You dropped this earlier, I don't suppose you'd happen to want it back? It has some sort of tooth stuck in it, though I can't say what kind, haven't got a chance to get a good look at it yet." Turning the feather in her hands, she held it up to show the tooth to him.

Glancing over as Cihan stepped out of their quarters, she took note of the odd walk and watched curiously as they stepped over to the rest of the group. Sure, her captain had some odd moments, but it was nothing to worry about, she herself was a bit of a strange sight after all, no reason to judge. Taking a moment for the masked one to get an answer about the feather, she'd then head on over to the others for Cihan's announcement.

((Sorry I took so long to get back, some stuff came up hh))
Upon returning to the group, Pip half hopped off the stairs, stumbling slightly but quickly righting herself as she came forward. "Alright, what'd I miss? Haven't started without me have you?" She questioned, with eager excitement. Even for her small size, she didn't seem to be one to pass up a hearty drink.

Looking to the masked one talking to the other winged figure, she remembered the feather and walked over to the two. Stepping up next to the masked one, she listened to the blue-winged one talk for a moment while waiting for a pause. Humans after them huh? Well, at least there was a common enemy among the two. Though, as if Mardal was at her side once more, she felt guilt fighting against the grudge she held. Shrugging off the feeling, she reached out as a pause came. Lightly tapping him on the leg, she pulled the feather out of her bag and studied it. "You dropped this earlier, I don't suppose you'd happen to want it back? It has some sort of tooth stuck in it, though I can't say what kind, haven't got a chance to get a good look at it yet." Turning the feather in her hands, she held it up to show the tooth to him.

Glancing over as Cihan stepped out of their quarters, she took note of the odd walk and watched curiously as they stepped over to the rest of the group. Sure, her captain had some odd moments, but it was nothing to worry about, she herself was a bit of a strange sight after all, no reason to judge. Taking a moment for the masked one to get an answer about the feather, she'd then head on over to the others for Cihan's announcement.

((Sorry I took so long to get back, some stuff came up hh))
Even from the other side of a thick wooden door the tiefling could tell the half-orc wasn’t in a perfect state, but that didn’t exactly seem off at the time. They had just fled after all, there was surely a reason behind it even if they insisted everything was alright. For a moment Ghitari wondered if maybe she should inquire further, but before she had any chance to the door swing open to reveal their captain once again.

Despite the fact that Cihan was quite distinctly different from before, she wasn’t the type to comment on such a thing. Rather she just tilted her head a tiny bit and offered a smile in an attempt to alleviate some of the stress the captain seemed to be burying.

‘Attempt’ being the key word, as the half-orc so dutifully trudged on without sparing much of anyone a look. Even so she followed the captain over to where a meeting was called not a moment later.

((Just a short lil post to nudge Ghitari back over real quick, hope that’s alright ^^’

Also Jay is so tall??? Is everyone on the ship like 6’0+ while we have teeny Pip and 5’9 Ghitari?? Pfft—))
Even from the other side of a thick wooden door the tiefling could tell the half-orc wasn’t in a perfect state, but that didn’t exactly seem off at the time. They had just fled after all, there was surely a reason behind it even if they insisted everything was alright. For a moment Ghitari wondered if maybe she should inquire further, but before she had any chance to the door swing open to reveal their captain once again.

Despite the fact that Cihan was quite distinctly different from before, she wasn’t the type to comment on such a thing. Rather she just tilted her head a tiny bit and offered a smile in an attempt to alleviate some of the stress the captain seemed to be burying.

‘Attempt’ being the key word, as the half-orc so dutifully trudged on without sparing much of anyone a look. Even so she followed the captain over to where a meeting was called not a moment later.

((Just a short lil post to nudge Ghitari back over real quick, hope that’s alright ^^’

Also Jay is so tall??? Is everyone on the ship like 6’0+ while we have teeny Pip and 5’9 Ghitari?? Pfft—))
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Ah yeah he's a lanky boi, his one of his D&D races is listed as medium with a minimum of 6'1" but he's mainly based off of the Bloodborne world in which he's infected and thus slowly become in monster himself. Anyway you slice it the man is a skyscraper with shady genetics))
Ah yeah he's a lanky boi, his one of his D&D races is listed as medium with a minimum of 6'1" but he's mainly based off of the Bloodborne world in which he's infected and thus slowly become in monster himself. Anyway you slice it the man is a skyscraper with shady genetics))
Cihan's half-orc and half-elf, she's a frickin skyscraper as well xD
Cihan's half-orc and half-elf, she's a frickin skyscraper as well xD

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
((What can I say, I love me some squirrely tiny bubs, they're fun to mess with. She's definetly the smallest of my DnD character selection, my other two being an aaracokra and a tiefling-))
((What can I say, I love me some squirrely tiny bubs, they're fun to mess with. She's definetly the smallest of my DnD character selection, my other two being an aaracokra and a tiefling-))
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17