Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fantasy Jump in (OPEN RP)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
((Apologies for the delay! I'm really sorry!))

As some of those on the ship decided to join him in partaking in the mead he'd taken out of his pack, Varask had taken a large swig from one of the bottles. The sweet flavor of the drink and the warm buzz coming to the back of his mind as the alcohol began to take hold. Even if he wasn't in pain anymore from the arrow, this warmth definitely helped soothe his sore muscles from the fight before. Helped him relax quite a bit too. Good thing about sharing drinks was that it brought folks together, that's why there was always good company to be had at taverns.

Soon the captain came back, who he greeted with a toothy grin. They took the bottle from his hand and had a long drink. "Now, that's it, Captain." He laughed heartily. Looking the captain over, there was a bit of a difference he couldn't really place but, eh, it was still just the captain and that's all that mattered to him.

His head quirked to one side as the captain called for an announcement, adding that they were going to celebrate their victory. "I don't know what announcement this is, but celebrating is sounding like pretty damn good idea. I might have started a bit early though." He chuckled.
((Apologies for the delay! I'm really sorry!))

As some of those on the ship decided to join him in partaking in the mead he'd taken out of his pack, Varask had taken a large swig from one of the bottles. The sweet flavor of the drink and the warm buzz coming to the back of his mind as the alcohol began to take hold. Even if he wasn't in pain anymore from the arrow, this warmth definitely helped soothe his sore muscles from the fight before. Helped him relax quite a bit too. Good thing about sharing drinks was that it brought folks together, that's why there was always good company to be had at taverns.

Soon the captain came back, who he greeted with a toothy grin. They took the bottle from his hand and had a long drink. "Now, that's it, Captain." He laughed heartily. Looking the captain over, there was a bit of a difference he couldn't really place but, eh, it was still just the captain and that's all that mattered to him.

His head quirked to one side as the captain called for an announcement, adding that they were going to celebrate their victory. "I don't know what announcement this is, but celebrating is sounding like pretty damn good idea. I might have started a bit early though." He chuckled.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
He regarded Solas carefully, yes, he could see where the traces of man bled over. "Hail to you cousin, I am sorry they've treated so. Man is greedy though, he seeks fortune over most other things. I've yet to find one who values life above coin." He paused to snicker dryly "This from one who puts an end to lives for coin himself. Though I suppose vengeance plays a hand in it too." He folded back his wings loosely, "May you find peace amongst those who are not your kind Solas." He didn't really know what else to say except maybe ask if he'd like to hire the Deva to turn the hunters into the hunted but that seemed a hair too sinister.

A light tap against his leg drew his attention away from Solas to Pip. She held of one of his feathers, a sizable tooth lodged in it, he remembered that bite, and the creature that delivered it. He had a vial of similar teeth in his coat pocket. "A Lycanthrop, one like I'd never seen before, I'm lucky she only got a mouth full of feathers. You can keep it if you'd like I have many more still attached. In fact if you like that one and want more I intend to preen my wings, I'll likely have a venerable pile of them for you to sort through by the end of it." He could practically feel his ancestors rolling in their graves, offering up feathers, talking to a complete stranger about preening, the only way he could be any more offensive is if he asked for aid in preening himself. A job specifically reserved for a mated pair. "I'll let you know if you're interested."

The captain's cabin burst open and the half orc strode out with a stride a bit too wide, and a forced, unsure looking smile. They took a hearty swig of ale and called for attention so they could deliver an announcement. Jay tipped his head squinting a little closer at the captain. Oh! There was a visible change here, not an extraordinarily obvious one but a change. Their captain wasn't a he it would seem, hell if that mattered to Jay though. So long as the ship was kept going steadily on course it didn't matter what the captain had in her pants. In fact as far as Jay was concerned the only time the contents of another's pants ever mattered was when you were trying to get into them. Something he was not in the market to do. "Celebrate we shall! What do you have to tell us Captain?"
He regarded Solas carefully, yes, he could see where the traces of man bled over. "Hail to you cousin, I am sorry they've treated so. Man is greedy though, he seeks fortune over most other things. I've yet to find one who values life above coin." He paused to snicker dryly "This from one who puts an end to lives for coin himself. Though I suppose vengeance plays a hand in it too." He folded back his wings loosely, "May you find peace amongst those who are not your kind Solas." He didn't really know what else to say except maybe ask if he'd like to hire the Deva to turn the hunters into the hunted but that seemed a hair too sinister.

A light tap against his leg drew his attention away from Solas to Pip. She held of one of his feathers, a sizable tooth lodged in it, he remembered that bite, and the creature that delivered it. He had a vial of similar teeth in his coat pocket. "A Lycanthrop, one like I'd never seen before, I'm lucky she only got a mouth full of feathers. You can keep it if you'd like I have many more still attached. In fact if you like that one and want more I intend to preen my wings, I'll likely have a venerable pile of them for you to sort through by the end of it." He could practically feel his ancestors rolling in their graves, offering up feathers, talking to a complete stranger about preening, the only way he could be any more offensive is if he asked for aid in preening himself. A job specifically reserved for a mated pair. "I'll let you know if you're interested."

The captain's cabin burst open and the half orc strode out with a stride a bit too wide, and a forced, unsure looking smile. They took a hearty swig of ale and called for attention so they could deliver an announcement. Jay tipped his head squinting a little closer at the captain. Oh! There was a visible change here, not an extraordinarily obvious one but a change. Their captain wasn't a he it would seem, hell if that mattered to Jay though. So long as the ship was kept going steadily on course it didn't matter what the captain had in her pants. In fact as far as Jay was concerned the only time the contents of another's pants ever mattered was when you were trying to get into them. Something he was not in the market to do. "Celebrate we shall! What do you have to tell us Captain?"
(Happy Easter Y'all)
(Happy Easter Y'all)
((Right back atcha! Have a good one!))
((Right back atcha! Have a good one!))
Happy Easter! Lololol my dumb *** only realized it was Easter like 5 minute ago xD
Happy Easter! Lololol my dumb *** only realized it was Easter like 5 minute ago xD

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
(happy easterrr! I got a stuffed sheep because my family does gifts on easter, and of course, named it Squirrel. Because what else would you name a sheep lol)

Solas's wings fluffed themselves up a bit, and then snapped open with a rush of wind (that may unbalance anyone nearby.. sorry, he has big wingos) when he noticed the condition of his new friend's wings. "Your feathers..." they could only be described as knotted. "H-how long has it been since you have been able to groom your wings?"
(happy easterrr! I got a stuffed sheep because my family does gifts on easter, and of course, named it Squirrel. Because what else would you name a sheep lol)

Solas's wings fluffed themselves up a bit, and then snapped open with a rush of wind (that may unbalance anyone nearby.. sorry, he has big wingos) when he noticed the condition of his new friend's wings. "Your feathers..." they could only be described as knotted. "H-how long has it been since you have been able to groom your wings?"
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
((Oof, kind late to the party here but still: Happy Easter everyone! ^^))
((Oof, kind late to the party here but still: Happy Easter everyone! ^^))
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Listening to the masked one's tale of where the tooth had come from, Pip quietly gave the word Lycanthrope a try herself while looking over the tooth. She hadn't run across any of those, and by the look and sound of it, that was a good thing. Upon being told she could keep it and that there'd be more she eagerly nodded. "Thanks! Do let me know about that, that'd be great!."

Opening her bag at her side, she took out a cluster of other feathers wound together with a string, some looking to belong to a variety of small birds, others something larger; a mixed batch of colors and sizes. Taking a moment to look over a few pheasant feathers, warm memories washed over, remembering getting them as one of her first hunts on her own, Mardal had been so proud. Unwinding the string she tucked the new addition in and decided to let the tooth stay before redoing the string and tucking them back away with a satisfied nod. In the bag were a variety of trinkets, buttons, fabric, teeth, pebbles, just about anything that caught her eye and she could get a hold of. Fastening the bag securely shut once more, she made her way over to the group.

Upon getting over, she glanced around for anywhere to get higher up, the upper deck was a bit away so that wouldn't do. Looking up to those around, she tapped her foot in thought for a moment before stepping up to Varask and nudging his leg with an elbow. "Mind if I grab a hoist up? Better than sitting down here." Pointing up to his shoulder she gave a shrug along with a grin. She really didn't mind being down on the deck, but why not ask and see if she could for some celebration.
Listening to the masked one's tale of where the tooth had come from, Pip quietly gave the word Lycanthrope a try herself while looking over the tooth. She hadn't run across any of those, and by the look and sound of it, that was a good thing. Upon being told she could keep it and that there'd be more she eagerly nodded. "Thanks! Do let me know about that, that'd be great!."

Opening her bag at her side, she took out a cluster of other feathers wound together with a string, some looking to belong to a variety of small birds, others something larger; a mixed batch of colors and sizes. Taking a moment to look over a few pheasant feathers, warm memories washed over, remembering getting them as one of her first hunts on her own, Mardal had been so proud. Unwinding the string she tucked the new addition in and decided to let the tooth stay before redoing the string and tucking them back away with a satisfied nod. In the bag were a variety of trinkets, buttons, fabric, teeth, pebbles, just about anything that caught her eye and she could get a hold of. Fastening the bag securely shut once more, she made her way over to the group.

Upon getting over, she glanced around for anywhere to get higher up, the upper deck was a bit away so that wouldn't do. Looking up to those around, she tapped her foot in thought for a moment before stepping up to Varask and nudging his leg with an elbow. "Mind if I grab a hoist up? Better than sitting down here." Pointing up to his shoulder she gave a shrug along with a grin. She really didn't mind being down on the deck, but why not ask and see if she could for some celebration.
Cihan, after taking an accidentally massive swig of ale on her empty stomach, felt the world around her getting lighter almost immediately. She laughed heartily as she plopped down beside the dragonborn, Varask, sitting cross-legged to make herself seem at ease, though all of this only betrayed her nervousness. Cihan cleared her throat.

“First things first! Any magic users on deck who can disguise a ship? Those orcs from town are gonna notice their ship was stolen and come for it eventually, so unless we want that horde on our tails, we’re gonna have to disappear before we reach that island. We’ll be there by… Mid-noon, if we keep at our current trajectory.”

She gulped audibly and took another big swig, surveying the faces around her and how they were reacting to all of this. She wanted to get to the point though, before any murmurs of unrest stirred up.

“Second things second; the orc chief’s gonna send out a search party for his boy as soon as he notices I’m missing. So, Ghitari…” Already glassy-eyed from the sheer amount of liquor coursing through her body, she looked the tiefling in the eyes with a puppy-faced smile, surprised she’d gotten herself this far. “You’re a… erm… a very attractive woman. I’ll need your help to woman me up. D’ya think you can do that?”

Pip dropped down beside her and Varask, and Cihan handed her the bottle of ale with an endearing gaze, before patting Varask just-slightly-too-hard on his back. “And lastly, when all that’s done, you and I need to talk about that position I offered you, big guy. Anyone have any questions?”
Cihan, after taking an accidentally massive swig of ale on her empty stomach, felt the world around her getting lighter almost immediately. She laughed heartily as she plopped down beside the dragonborn, Varask, sitting cross-legged to make herself seem at ease, though all of this only betrayed her nervousness. Cihan cleared her throat.

“First things first! Any magic users on deck who can disguise a ship? Those orcs from town are gonna notice their ship was stolen and come for it eventually, so unless we want that horde on our tails, we’re gonna have to disappear before we reach that island. We’ll be there by… Mid-noon, if we keep at our current trajectory.”

She gulped audibly and took another big swig, surveying the faces around her and how they were reacting to all of this. She wanted to get to the point though, before any murmurs of unrest stirred up.

“Second things second; the orc chief’s gonna send out a search party for his boy as soon as he notices I’m missing. So, Ghitari…” Already glassy-eyed from the sheer amount of liquor coursing through her body, she looked the tiefling in the eyes with a puppy-faced smile, surprised she’d gotten herself this far. “You’re a… erm… a very attractive woman. I’ll need your help to woman me up. D’ya think you can do that?”

Pip dropped down beside her and Varask, and Cihan handed her the bottle of ale with an endearing gaze, before patting Varask just-slightly-too-hard on his back. “And lastly, when all that’s done, you and I need to talk about that position I offered you, big guy. Anyone have any questions?”

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
Sai walked over to Cihan. "I think you may want to get yourself some water before you go back to steering the ship. I can hide it for you- this ship, that is." He didn't care so much about her or anyone else here but he disliked the idea of being dropped into the middle of the ocean, so... best to at least make an effort to get her relatively sober.

I apologize for the length of my replies, but I haven't really been sleeping recently.
Sai walked over to Cihan. "I think you may want to get yourself some water before you go back to steering the ship. I can hide it for you- this ship, that is." He didn't care so much about her or anyone else here but he disliked the idea of being dropped into the middle of the ocean, so... best to at least make an effort to get her relatively sober.

I apologize for the length of my replies, but I haven't really been sleeping recently.
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17