Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flames and Lightning [Not Open Yet]
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 49 50
@DaylightLegion
“Thanks-.” Koga dipped his head, gratefully accepting the skewer. It smelled amazing, even he knew that as a non-carnivorous dragon.

Xavier opened his beak slightly and emitted a noise of understanding. “I see. Thank you for clarifying.”
-
“You talking about the new genes?” Magdalia chuckled, flicking his tail. “Yeah, they’re odd alright. Anubis thinks they’re pretty neat.”

“New genes are always cool by principle!” The sandy Mirror called from the cave.

Somnus waved to get the darker dragon’s attention. When he gained it, he pointed at a shimmering wing and tilted his head.

“Mirrors aren’t built for sustained flight. I’ll be following from below.” He smiled, flexing his wings. Not like he needed to follow; he’d committed the lair’s location to heart.
-
Alex squawked, tightening their grip on their dog protectively as Elio shot past in a manner akin to an arrow. They swerved in the air to avoid Lynne’s trajectory, heart ramming their ribcage in a newfound anxiety. Riley yapped as they twisted to set the dog on their back. He flattened himself against their back. With a few pumps of their wings, they went to assist the red and white dragon, ignoring their quickened pulse.

The reddish Skydancer’s wings were broad and long to allow long gliding and quick turns. They couldn’t fly quickly in a straight line for very long before tiring, as they would have to continuously pump their wings to do so. They allowed the updraft to assist their ascent, swiftly yet gracefully turning out of it when necessary. Alex wasn’t quite sure if the strange dragons would appreciate their help, it they would feel bad if they didn’t try to.

Their paws clasped Elio and they hovered in place with some difficultly. They had to focus on both keeping themselves and the other drake in the air, and on keeping Riley from falling off their back.
@DaylightLegion
“Thanks-.” Koga dipped his head, gratefully accepting the skewer. It smelled amazing, even he knew that as a non-carnivorous dragon.

Xavier opened his beak slightly and emitted a noise of understanding. “I see. Thank you for clarifying.”
-
“You talking about the new genes?” Magdalia chuckled, flicking his tail. “Yeah, they’re odd alright. Anubis thinks they’re pretty neat.”

“New genes are always cool by principle!” The sandy Mirror called from the cave.

Somnus waved to get the darker dragon’s attention. When he gained it, he pointed at a shimmering wing and tilted his head.

“Mirrors aren’t built for sustained flight. I’ll be following from below.” He smiled, flexing his wings. Not like he needed to follow; he’d committed the lair’s location to heart.
-
Alex squawked, tightening their grip on their dog protectively as Elio shot past in a manner akin to an arrow. They swerved in the air to avoid Lynne’s trajectory, heart ramming their ribcage in a newfound anxiety. Riley yapped as they twisted to set the dog on their back. He flattened himself against their back. With a few pumps of their wings, they went to assist the red and white dragon, ignoring their quickened pulse.

The reddish Skydancer’s wings were broad and long to allow long gliding and quick turns. They couldn’t fly quickly in a straight line for very long before tiring, as they would have to continuously pump their wings to do so. They allowed the updraft to assist their ascent, swiftly yet gracefully turning out of it when necessary. Alex wasn’t quite sure if the strange dragons would appreciate their help, it they would feel bad if they didn’t try to.

Their paws clasped Elio and they hovered in place with some difficultly. They had to focus on both keeping themselves and the other drake in the air, and on keeping Riley from falling off their back.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"No problem! Enjoy!" Vex chirped before turning to the next in line, who happened to be a very sleepy Nea.

"The usual." The blue green dragoness grumbled, feathers still rumpled and her usual outfit on haphazardly.

"This way!" Iris called to her family, Ash leading them to a table area with cushions meant for dragons to sit on while they ate.

Kuroka skipped over, ducking under her mother's wing before digging into a bowl of bugs and surprisingly ampelope meat.

-

"Sounds about right." Blitze agreed, opening his wings in prep for takeoff.

"Want me to run with you?" Eclipse asked her Papa, tilting her head to the side.

-

"Thanks, I was about to drop us both." Lynne said, struggling to keep Elio in the air along with herself. The aid of the new dragon eased up the load, even though Elio was a slim drake he was still awfully heavy.

"Help me carry him away from the lava, I don't think he'd enjoy getting dunked." She asked, steering them both towards the lair.

"Stupid updrafts... they always hit at the worst times and even then, it's not like he pays attention, the featherbrain. 'I'll go check it out', he says, and then gets whisked up by an updraft because he didn't ground himself before flying up." The red-white dragoness muttered, starry wings flaring hard as she worked against the still air.
@DisastrousAbsol

"No problem! Enjoy!" Vex chirped before turning to the next in line, who happened to be a very sleepy Nea.

"The usual." The blue green dragoness grumbled, feathers still rumpled and her usual outfit on haphazardly.

"This way!" Iris called to her family, Ash leading them to a table area with cushions meant for dragons to sit on while they ate.

Kuroka skipped over, ducking under her mother's wing before digging into a bowl of bugs and surprisingly ampelope meat.

-

"Sounds about right." Blitze agreed, opening his wings in prep for takeoff.

"Want me to run with you?" Eclipse asked her Papa, tilting her head to the side.

-

"Thanks, I was about to drop us both." Lynne said, struggling to keep Elio in the air along with herself. The aid of the new dragon eased up the load, even though Elio was a slim drake he was still awfully heavy.

"Help me carry him away from the lava, I don't think he'd enjoy getting dunked." She asked, steering them both towards the lair.

"Stupid updrafts... they always hit at the worst times and even then, it's not like he pays attention, the featherbrain. 'I'll go check it out', he says, and then gets whisked up by an updraft because he didn't ground himself before flying up." The red-white dragoness muttered, starry wings flaring hard as she worked against the still air.
@DaylightLegion
The brothers made their way over to their family, sitting side by side.

Xavier happily ate his star moss and raspberries.

Koga seemed apprehensive of the skewer he had asked for, but dug in regardless. It was delicious, much to his own surprise.
-
“You don’t have to, dear.” Magdalia assured his daughter with a gentle smile. “I’m sure you’d be happier in the air. You take more after your father, after all.” He hummed kindly.

Somnus was already taking wing, spiraling upwards before stopping at a decent height to wait for the others.
-
“No problem.” Alex muttered distractedly. They followed the red and white dragoness’ lead, broad wings beating hard to keep themselves and Elio in the air. Riley was still pressing himself to their back so as not to tumble off.
@DaylightLegion
The brothers made their way over to their family, sitting side by side.

Xavier happily ate his star moss and raspberries.

Koga seemed apprehensive of the skewer he had asked for, but dug in regardless. It was delicious, much to his own surprise.
-
“You don’t have to, dear.” Magdalia assured his daughter with a gentle smile. “I’m sure you’d be happier in the air. You take more after your father, after all.” He hummed kindly.

Somnus was already taking wing, spiraling upwards before stopping at a decent height to wait for the others.
-
“No problem.” Alex muttered distractedly. They followed the red and white dragoness’ lead, broad wings beating hard to keep themselves and Elio in the air. Riley was still pressing himself to their back so as not to tumble off.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Herbs do a world of wonder. They can be medicine or simply just used as spices. My father usually mixes up the blends we use, I can get you some if you'd like, to take home." Amphetrite, sitting nearby, noticed Koga's reaction to the skewers.

Iris hummed and kept her wing over her daughter as they ate, Nea huffing as she plopped down next to the blue healer at the other table with a mug of caffenated tea and a bowl of water lillies and mint. The usually bad tempered dragoness then dumped half her tea into the bowl, stirred it together, and then drank a third of the contents in one go.

"Nea, you really shouldn't eat the same thing every morning. It's not healthy." Ammy reprimanded gently.

"Screw off, I'll eat some bees later to offset it. You don't have to be on my damn case all the time. You're a medic, not my freakin' health instructor." Nea growled, taking another swig from her bowl.

"Bees, huh. Explains the venom every time she talks." Iris muttered, Kuroka stifling a snicker as Ash sighed and shook his head.

"Some things never change no matter how old you get." The gray male said calmly.

-

"Alright, if you're sure." Eclipse said, giving her Papa a peck on the fins and launching into the air after Somnus and Blitze.

-

"Down here." Lynne said, leading them down to a spot near the lair entrance.

"Ugh, my eyes won't stop spinning." Elio groaned, every eye blinking out of sync.

With Multi-Gaze, he was extremely weak to vertigo, if he got spun too much it made him sick and dizzy for a long period of time. He was usually very careful not to fly too crazily, which meant he rarely did any of the sky dancing that his breed was known for, but the wind could have a mind of its own some days.

"Then close most of them 'til it stops." Lynne sighed, ruffling his head feathers with her wing.

"I'm so sorry about that, by the way. Elio got caught by a high wind from the Lookout and he gets dizzy very easily, so he often gets debilitated like this and can't fly on his own when that happens. Usually he's with someone else, but today was an exception I suppose." Lynne apologized, mentally noting to curse Jasper out when she found him later for leaving Elio on his own.

"I'm Lynne, by the way. What's your name, and were you going to visit a clan?" She continued, tilting her head to the side.

This dragon was clearly Lightning borne, and certainly not from around here. They smelled slightly familiar though, sand and stormclouds but also a place she almost recalled. Though she had trouble remembering right now, she was tired out and still a bit stressed, so her memory wasn't in top form currently.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Herbs do a world of wonder. They can be medicine or simply just used as spices. My father usually mixes up the blends we use, I can get you some if you'd like, to take home." Amphetrite, sitting nearby, noticed Koga's reaction to the skewers.

Iris hummed and kept her wing over her daughter as they ate, Nea huffing as she plopped down next to the blue healer at the other table with a mug of caffenated tea and a bowl of water lillies and mint. The usually bad tempered dragoness then dumped half her tea into the bowl, stirred it together, and then drank a third of the contents in one go.

"Nea, you really shouldn't eat the same thing every morning. It's not healthy." Ammy reprimanded gently.

"Screw off, I'll eat some bees later to offset it. You don't have to be on my damn case all the time. You're a medic, not my freakin' health instructor." Nea growled, taking another swig from her bowl.

"Bees, huh. Explains the venom every time she talks." Iris muttered, Kuroka stifling a snicker as Ash sighed and shook his head.

"Some things never change no matter how old you get." The gray male said calmly.

-

"Alright, if you're sure." Eclipse said, giving her Papa a peck on the fins and launching into the air after Somnus and Blitze.

-

"Down here." Lynne said, leading them down to a spot near the lair entrance.

"Ugh, my eyes won't stop spinning." Elio groaned, every eye blinking out of sync.

With Multi-Gaze, he was extremely weak to vertigo, if he got spun too much it made him sick and dizzy for a long period of time. He was usually very careful not to fly too crazily, which meant he rarely did any of the sky dancing that his breed was known for, but the wind could have a mind of its own some days.

"Then close most of them 'til it stops." Lynne sighed, ruffling his head feathers with her wing.

"I'm so sorry about that, by the way. Elio got caught by a high wind from the Lookout and he gets dizzy very easily, so he often gets debilitated like this and can't fly on his own when that happens. Usually he's with someone else, but today was an exception I suppose." Lynne apologized, mentally noting to curse Jasper out when she found him later for leaving Elio on his own.

"I'm Lynne, by the way. What's your name, and were you going to visit a clan?" She continued, tilting her head to the side.

This dragon was clearly Lightning borne, and certainly not from around here. They smelled slightly familiar though, sand and stormclouds but also a place she almost recalled. Though she had trouble remembering right now, she was tired out and still a bit stressed, so her memory wasn't in top form currently.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier chuckled around a mouthful of moss.

“I think I’d like that. If Ballade can figure out how to grow em, I think Kyras can put them to use.” Koga nodded to Amphetrite.
-
Somnus twirled in the air. He barrel-rolled and shot off in the direction of the Firelands.

Magdalia smiled up at Eclipse as she ascended. True to his word, he followed the group from below. His dark scales usually gave him a slim look, but when the sun hit his iridescent scales one could see the muscle rippling beneath.
-
“We have a few Multigaze dragons in my clan too. I understand.” Alex waved a paw dismissively. “I like to help. My name is Alex. I was sent by my clan to ‘make friends’ with the Blitzwing clan, with whom we are allied with.” They explained their intentions, closing their sparking eyes for a moment.

“My companion here is Riley.” They lowered their wings to show off their Yorkshire Terrier. He seemed a little ruffled from the recent experience, but he yapped at Lynne all the same. “You could call him a familiar of sorts.” They chuckled.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier chuckled around a mouthful of moss.

“I think I’d like that. If Ballade can figure out how to grow em, I think Kyras can put them to use.” Koga nodded to Amphetrite.
-
Somnus twirled in the air. He barrel-rolled and shot off in the direction of the Firelands.

Magdalia smiled up at Eclipse as she ascended. True to his word, he followed the group from below. His dark scales usually gave him a slim look, but when the sun hit his iridescent scales one could see the muscle rippling beneath.
-
“We have a few Multigaze dragons in my clan too. I understand.” Alex waved a paw dismissively. “I like to help. My name is Alex. I was sent by my clan to ‘make friends’ with the Blitzwing clan, with whom we are allied with.” They explained their intentions, closing their sparking eyes for a moment.

“My companion here is Riley.” They lowered their wings to show off their Yorkshire Terrier. He seemed a little ruffled from the recent experience, but he yapped at Lynne all the same. “You could call him a familiar of sorts.” They chuckled.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"You'd have to ask Amari or Moss about that, I only know how they're used." Ammy said with a shrug.

She then, without looking, scooted her sandwich away from Nea's sneaking claws looking to snag some.

-

Blitze, not one to be outdone and feeling better with food in his belly, shot after his younger brother, looping in the air around him playfully.

Eclipse laughed at their antics and followed suit, gliding under them closer to the ground but still a ways above.

-

Lynne laughed and wiggled her claws hello at the little yapper.

"Well you're in the right place, our lair is right here. Plenty of dragons you can meet with, we've got plenty friendly dragons." She said, folding her wings back.

Elio, a bit recovered from his dizzy spell, staggered to his feet.

"Ugh, I'm gonna go see Nightshade real quick, I need an elixir for this." He groaned, gingerly shaking his head and refolding his wings tightly.

"I think he's helping Mirai fix the wall he broke last night, you'd be better off seeing Styx." Lynne corrected him, tail flicking.

"If you'd like, Alex, I can show you around? I'm kinda off duty for the day anyways." She asked Alex, tilting her head slightly.
@DisastrousAbsol

"You'd have to ask Amari or Moss about that, I only know how they're used." Ammy said with a shrug.

She then, without looking, scooted her sandwich away from Nea's sneaking claws looking to snag some.

-

Blitze, not one to be outdone and feeling better with food in his belly, shot after his younger brother, looping in the air around him playfully.

Eclipse laughed at their antics and followed suit, gliding under them closer to the ground but still a ways above.

-

Lynne laughed and wiggled her claws hello at the little yapper.

"Well you're in the right place, our lair is right here. Plenty of dragons you can meet with, we've got plenty friendly dragons." She said, folding her wings back.

Elio, a bit recovered from his dizzy spell, staggered to his feet.

"Ugh, I'm gonna go see Nightshade real quick, I need an elixir for this." He groaned, gingerly shaking his head and refolding his wings tightly.

"I think he's helping Mirai fix the wall he broke last night, you'd be better off seeing Styx." Lynne corrected him, tail flicking.

"If you'd like, Alex, I can show you around? I'm kinda off duty for the day anyways." She asked Alex, tilting her head slightly.
@DaylightLegion
Koga snorted and nodded. “Sure.”
-
Well.. a little airtime couldn’t hurt. Magdalia leapt up and brought his iridescent wings down. He couldn’t go as high as Eclipse, but he smiled softly up at her as the appendages worked to keep him aloft.

Somnus’ delight was conveyed in the way he spun, more than happy to play with his usually serious older brother.
-
“If it’s not a problem?” Alex asked, tilting their head. They didn’t want to force the other dragon, or make her feel like she had to. “I don’t want to intrude..” They trailed off, gazing at Elio’s retreating form in concern.

Riley’s stumpy tail wagged at Lynne’s greeting. He panted, giving off the impression that he was smiling.
@DaylightLegion
Koga snorted and nodded. “Sure.”
-
Well.. a little airtime couldn’t hurt. Magdalia leapt up and brought his iridescent wings down. He couldn’t go as high as Eclipse, but he smiled softly up at her as the appendages worked to keep him aloft.

Somnus’ delight was conveyed in the way he spun, more than happy to play with his usually serious older brother.
-
“If it’s not a problem?” Alex asked, tilting their head. They didn’t want to force the other dragon, or make her feel like she had to. “I don’t want to intrude..” They trailed off, gazing at Elio’s retreating form in concern.

Riley’s stumpy tail wagged at Lynne’s greeting. He panted, giving off the impression that he was smiling.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"So, did you sleep well last night?" Iris asked her sons, smiling.

-

Eclipse laughed and swooped down to fly slightly under her papa, creating a small updraft with her wings to help him fly.

Blitze grinned at his younger brother, eyes sparking delightly in wild arcs as he flew in spirals near the youngest drake.

-

"It's fine, nobody can really say no to me anyways." Lynne said cheerfully, smiling back at the pup.

She had her own cats back in her den, a Maine Coone named Jelly for her constant trembly skittish nature aside from when near her owner, and Dawnbreaker, a King Quillrunner she'd fought and tamed herself back when she wanted to prove she could lead the clan.

Dawnrunner was off with the hunting party as usual, the quick feline essential in chasing any escaping prey, but they should be back soon.

"Come along then, I haven't had breakfast yet and Vex has gotten pretty good at cooking. He's related to Yoruko, if you've heard of her? Vex is her grandson." Lynne continued, leading the way into the lair.

It wasn't very crowded now that everyone was off doing their tasks and hobbies, several nodding to Lynne and Alex as they passed or just running by without pausing to say hello, but other than that it was just the usual large tunnels lit with lanterns of both fire and lightning, some of Ryou and Hel's handiwork depending on the style.

"The tunnels can fit even an Imperial, but a few of the smaller ones are still being worked on. We can't quite fit large dragons down those, poor Aeluin..." Lynne muttered the last bit, tail flicking as she walked along the road.

"We used to make a living selling whatever we can find, but right now we mostly sell gemstones and herbs that are hard to get in scorched earth like this." She explained, waving a wing in hello at Moss who was watering plants in the Greenhouse Cavern.

He waved back and continued tending to the flowers, sneakily flicking a little water onto a napping Wraith who yelped, startled awake, and rolled right into the patch of vines they'd been napping near. Moss snickered as his mentor struggled to pull their wings from the tangled mess, only to get a can of water dumped on his head via Wind magic.

Lynne kept going past her clanmates, having known Wraith since they were a hatchling lost in the desert. Wraith and Moss would prank each other for days, the two knowing each other like a well flipped coin. Moss had been a parentless egg, formed of sheer Fire magic when they first arrived at the cave. Wraith had claimed the egg immediately, wanting to study it, and had been surprised when Moss hatched with virtually no Fire magic at all. He had protection, but could not generate any flames himself.

So Wraith basically adopted him as a pupil and began teaching him shaman charms to protect himself since he couldn't generate his own magic nor pull it from the elements. As such, Moss was very good at gardening, considering his lack of magic didn't wilt the plantlife like most Fire dragons did if they got too close. If anyone needed herbs and were born of Fire, they had to get someone else to grab the plants needed or else they'd damage the growths. And also risk Amari's solemn disappointed Mom Look and Moss' legendary scoldings.

"Cafeteria is down here." Lynne hummed as they approached the largest cavern.
@DisastrousAbsol

"So, did you sleep well last night?" Iris asked her sons, smiling.

-

Eclipse laughed and swooped down to fly slightly under her papa, creating a small updraft with her wings to help him fly.

Blitze grinned at his younger brother, eyes sparking delightly in wild arcs as he flew in spirals near the youngest drake.

-

"It's fine, nobody can really say no to me anyways." Lynne said cheerfully, smiling back at the pup.

She had her own cats back in her den, a Maine Coone named Jelly for her constant trembly skittish nature aside from when near her owner, and Dawnbreaker, a King Quillrunner she'd fought and tamed herself back when she wanted to prove she could lead the clan.

Dawnrunner was off with the hunting party as usual, the quick feline essential in chasing any escaping prey, but they should be back soon.

"Come along then, I haven't had breakfast yet and Vex has gotten pretty good at cooking. He's related to Yoruko, if you've heard of her? Vex is her grandson." Lynne continued, leading the way into the lair.

It wasn't very crowded now that everyone was off doing their tasks and hobbies, several nodding to Lynne and Alex as they passed or just running by without pausing to say hello, but other than that it was just the usual large tunnels lit with lanterns of both fire and lightning, some of Ryou and Hel's handiwork depending on the style.

"The tunnels can fit even an Imperial, but a few of the smaller ones are still being worked on. We can't quite fit large dragons down those, poor Aeluin..." Lynne muttered the last bit, tail flicking as she walked along the road.

"We used to make a living selling whatever we can find, but right now we mostly sell gemstones and herbs that are hard to get in scorched earth like this." She explained, waving a wing in hello at Moss who was watering plants in the Greenhouse Cavern.

He waved back and continued tending to the flowers, sneakily flicking a little water onto a napping Wraith who yelped, startled awake, and rolled right into the patch of vines they'd been napping near. Moss snickered as his mentor struggled to pull their wings from the tangled mess, only to get a can of water dumped on his head via Wind magic.

Lynne kept going past her clanmates, having known Wraith since they were a hatchling lost in the desert. Wraith and Moss would prank each other for days, the two knowing each other like a well flipped coin. Moss had been a parentless egg, formed of sheer Fire magic when they first arrived at the cave. Wraith had claimed the egg immediately, wanting to study it, and had been surprised when Moss hatched with virtually no Fire magic at all. He had protection, but could not generate any flames himself.

So Wraith basically adopted him as a pupil and began teaching him shaman charms to protect himself since he couldn't generate his own magic nor pull it from the elements. As such, Moss was very good at gardening, considering his lack of magic didn't wilt the plantlife like most Fire dragons did if they got too close. If anyone needed herbs and were born of Fire, they had to get someone else to grab the plants needed or else they'd damage the growths. And also risk Amari's solemn disappointed Mom Look and Moss' legendary scoldings.

"Cafeteria is down here." Lynne hummed as they approached the largest cavern.
@DaylightLegion
“We slept well, I’d say. Koga’s been up longer though. You know why, I’m sure.” Xavier hummed, sending his mother a small smile.

Koga sent his brother a side-glance, but nodded all the same.
-
Magdalia whooped as the updraft caught him, aiding his flight. His smile grew playfully. He envied the way Skydancers played in the air, and wished desperately that he could do the same with his boyfriend and their children. Mirrors played differently, wrestling and chasing one another to build muscle strength, along with honing their hunting skills.

Somnus returned his brother’s grin wholeheartedly. When was the last time he’d seen the serious drake look so carefree and relaxed and.. happy? He was quick to return Blitze’s playful behavior with his own, looping around the older joyously.
-
“Couldn’t say no..? You lead this clan?” Alex asked, trotting after the smaller Skydancer. Their tone wasn’t cynical, nor mocking. They were genuinely curious. They channeled some magic as they entered the cave system to suppress their sparking eyes. They now only glowed and sparked every so often.

“Yeah, I know about Yoruko. Somnus’ mom. He’s a great scout. He’s told me that she’s a great leader.” As royal advisor and clan ambassador, it was recommended that they know the names of all their clanmates. It took a while to learn to associate every name with every face, but they got there eventually.

‘Aeluin’ was a name they recognized. The large Imperial had left a while back. She was the twin sister of Yoake, both of which were born with special eyes. Supposedly, her leaving was the cause of Iriekain’s sadness. Poor girl was close with both sisters, and considered both to be her best friends. Alex suspected there was something more to it just missing her friend in Aeluin’s case.

With every drake that passed, the Lightningborne would offer a small smile and a nod. Slowly, they were beginning to become comfortable in these new surroundings. They’d entered with their fur and feathers puffed out in anxiety, and they were finally beginning to settle back on their form.

As the two approached the largest cave, Riley leapt off their back and darted ahead, leaving Alex to shout after him.

“Riley, no! Stop!”
@DaylightLegion
“We slept well, I’d say. Koga’s been up longer though. You know why, I’m sure.” Xavier hummed, sending his mother a small smile.

Koga sent his brother a side-glance, but nodded all the same.
-
Magdalia whooped as the updraft caught him, aiding his flight. His smile grew playfully. He envied the way Skydancers played in the air, and wished desperately that he could do the same with his boyfriend and their children. Mirrors played differently, wrestling and chasing one another to build muscle strength, along with honing their hunting skills.

Somnus returned his brother’s grin wholeheartedly. When was the last time he’d seen the serious drake look so carefree and relaxed and.. happy? He was quick to return Blitze’s playful behavior with his own, looping around the older joyously.
-
“Couldn’t say no..? You lead this clan?” Alex asked, trotting after the smaller Skydancer. Their tone wasn’t cynical, nor mocking. They were genuinely curious. They channeled some magic as they entered the cave system to suppress their sparking eyes. They now only glowed and sparked every so often.

“Yeah, I know about Yoruko. Somnus’ mom. He’s a great scout. He’s told me that she’s a great leader.” As royal advisor and clan ambassador, it was recommended that they know the names of all their clanmates. It took a while to learn to associate every name with every face, but they got there eventually.

‘Aeluin’ was a name they recognized. The large Imperial had left a while back. She was the twin sister of Yoake, both of which were born with special eyes. Supposedly, her leaving was the cause of Iriekain’s sadness. Poor girl was close with both sisters, and considered both to be her best friends. Alex suspected there was something more to it just missing her friend in Aeluin’s case.

With every drake that passed, the Lightningborne would offer a small smile and a nod. Slowly, they were beginning to become comfortable in these new surroundings. They’d entered with their fur and feathers puffed out in anxiety, and they were finally beginning to settle back on their form.

As the two approached the largest cave, Riley leapt off their back and darted ahead, leaving Alex to shout after him.

“Riley, no! Stop!”
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol (cries bc my legs won't forgive me for a 13hr shift)

Kuroka snickered, Iris giving her husband an amused look.

"We all know where that comes from." The purple dragoness laughed, Ash smiling back wryly.

"And we definitely know he doesn't get it from you, miss throw your clothes all over and leave them there. It's a wonder nothing's ended up in the hallways yet." He snorted, shaking his head.

-

Blitze shot his younger brother an amused look before shooting straight up into the clouds, electricity beginning to crackle around him. He the proceeded to spiral down, a trail of stormcloud and lightning following behind him in a flashy show like a skywriter. He looped it all around Somnus before he did a final loop and let the last of it trail off.

"Show off!" Eclipse yelled up at him, as Blitze was one of the only dragons in the clan able to do such a trick.

It required an extremely exact control over Lightning magic, and a lot of energy to keep said magic against the skin, trapping the clouds and lightning to let out little by little. As a Primal, Blitze had an overflow of magic, and as a perfectionist, practiced relentlessly to keep it under control. As such, his precision over his magic was at a level higher than most his age, which meant he could do things like taking wild storms and twisting them into what he wanted like those at the Spire.

Blitze merely grinned down at Eclipse.

-

"Oh dear. I think it's skewers today, he might have gotten excited because we use herbs to make the meat a lot better than most. It smells pretty strong, but I guess a dog would smell it sooner than a dragon." Lynne said, slightly surprised as the dog ran off.

Vex and Lino were roasting some as she spoke, stepping into the large area. It took a minute for them to recognize her, she was mostly only wearing her scarf, shawl, leggings and glasses since she was off duty, but they scrambled to straighten up, shoving something under a wing.

Lynne had a really big sweet tooth, and Vex had gotten some really good honey he planned to make into cupcakes later. If she found out, she'd make her sad face until they gave her some.
@DisastrousAbsol (cries bc my legs won't forgive me for a 13hr shift)

Kuroka snickered, Iris giving her husband an amused look.

"We all know where that comes from." The purple dragoness laughed, Ash smiling back wryly.

"And we definitely know he doesn't get it from you, miss throw your clothes all over and leave them there. It's a wonder nothing's ended up in the hallways yet." He snorted, shaking his head.

-

Blitze shot his younger brother an amused look before shooting straight up into the clouds, electricity beginning to crackle around him. He the proceeded to spiral down, a trail of stormcloud and lightning following behind him in a flashy show like a skywriter. He looped it all around Somnus before he did a final loop and let the last of it trail off.

"Show off!" Eclipse yelled up at him, as Blitze was one of the only dragons in the clan able to do such a trick.

It required an extremely exact control over Lightning magic, and a lot of energy to keep said magic against the skin, trapping the clouds and lightning to let out little by little. As a Primal, Blitze had an overflow of magic, and as a perfectionist, practiced relentlessly to keep it under control. As such, his precision over his magic was at a level higher than most his age, which meant he could do things like taking wild storms and twisting them into what he wanted like those at the Spire.

Blitze merely grinned down at Eclipse.

-

"Oh dear. I think it's skewers today, he might have gotten excited because we use herbs to make the meat a lot better than most. It smells pretty strong, but I guess a dog would smell it sooner than a dragon." Lynne said, slightly surprised as the dog ran off.

Vex and Lino were roasting some as she spoke, stepping into the large area. It took a minute for them to recognize her, she was mostly only wearing her scarf, shawl, leggings and glasses since she was off duty, but they scrambled to straighten up, shoving something under a wing.

Lynne had a really big sweet tooth, and Vex had gotten some really good honey he planned to make into cupcakes later. If she found out, she'd make her sad face until they gave her some.
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 49 50