Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with NirinTallisbane
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Seryn interpreted Rhys' restraint as disapproval of her outburst; for a moment she was afraid he was angry, but the next moment she was angry. Why was she constantly letting him push her around? A single twitch of his wing and she'd go scampering obligingly across the mountain to give him his space. Couldn't she ever appease him?

Her frustrated thoughts turned to Audra as Phoenix began dragging her away, back to the opening of the Threshold as he kept sharp, blue eyes on the other dragons. But, fortunately, that meant he missed the entrance of the three dragons who had been on patrol, and before he could realize they were there he'd back right into Mercury.

The Wildclaw, though much smaller than Phoenix, immediately let out an angry screech. One strike of her fierce claws and she'd left a gash on his left hing leg, snapping, "Watch your step, mongrel!"

Idris agreed, getting into a defensive position and growling, "Whoever Winter is, they have no say in Dragoncrest. Drur is in charge here, and I don't recall him saying you could run off with our guest."

"I don't recall ever caring what your pathetic leader says," Phoenix snarled back. "My leader has spoken!"

"So have I," Idris barked, batting at the red Imperial and forcing him to take a step back into the cave. "And I told you Winter has no say here."

"I don't need your permission! Audra is my clanmate, and she must listen to Winter's word. We're leaving!"

Phoenix tried to take a step forward, but Idris, Clovis, and Mercury spread out, blocking his path.

"Is she?" Idris asked, a slight smirk working its way onto his face as he cocked his head at the sanguine male. "Is she your clanmate? If I'm not mistaken, Miss Audra not only left your clan, but declared she didn't want to go back. Your leader can't order dragons outside of your clan to do anything--especially not if that dragon is a member of another clan."

He looked pointedly to Drur; the Guardian understood, roaring, "All in favor of taking Audra as our new clanmate, let us hear you!"

Immediately, the Threshold was filled with the sound of agreeing roars, filling the mountain with a mighty thunder of voices.

Phoenix faltered; Drur looked the foreign male in the eyes as the roars died down, growling darkly, "Lay another hand on our clanmate, stranger, and we will attack."

Threatening growls echoed amid the crowd, a dozen angry glares locking onto Phoenix; feeling a slight tremor of panic, the Imperial angrily dropped Audra, scowling at the dragons around him with pure hatred.

"Filthy savages," he spat.

"What did you say?!" Mercury shrieked, flying forward with another fierce strike of her talons.

This time she caught Phoenix's foreleg, and with a pained roar the red Imperial took off, fleeing from Dragoncrest.
Seryn interpreted Rhys' restraint as disapproval of her outburst; for a moment she was afraid he was angry, but the next moment she was angry. Why was she constantly letting him push her around? A single twitch of his wing and she'd go scampering obligingly across the mountain to give him his space. Couldn't she ever appease him?

Her frustrated thoughts turned to Audra as Phoenix began dragging her away, back to the opening of the Threshold as he kept sharp, blue eyes on the other dragons. But, fortunately, that meant he missed the entrance of the three dragons who had been on patrol, and before he could realize they were there he'd back right into Mercury.

The Wildclaw, though much smaller than Phoenix, immediately let out an angry screech. One strike of her fierce claws and she'd left a gash on his left hing leg, snapping, "Watch your step, mongrel!"

Idris agreed, getting into a defensive position and growling, "Whoever Winter is, they have no say in Dragoncrest. Drur is in charge here, and I don't recall him saying you could run off with our guest."

"I don't recall ever caring what your pathetic leader says," Phoenix snarled back. "My leader has spoken!"

"So have I," Idris barked, batting at the red Imperial and forcing him to take a step back into the cave. "And I told you Winter has no say here."

"I don't need your permission! Audra is my clanmate, and she must listen to Winter's word. We're leaving!"

Phoenix tried to take a step forward, but Idris, Clovis, and Mercury spread out, blocking his path.

"Is she?" Idris asked, a slight smirk working its way onto his face as he cocked his head at the sanguine male. "Is she your clanmate? If I'm not mistaken, Miss Audra not only left your clan, but declared she didn't want to go back. Your leader can't order dragons outside of your clan to do anything--especially not if that dragon is a member of another clan."

He looked pointedly to Drur; the Guardian understood, roaring, "All in favor of taking Audra as our new clanmate, let us hear you!"

Immediately, the Threshold was filled with the sound of agreeing roars, filling the mountain with a mighty thunder of voices.

Phoenix faltered; Drur looked the foreign male in the eyes as the roars died down, growling darkly, "Lay another hand on our clanmate, stranger, and we will attack."

Threatening growls echoed amid the crowd, a dozen angry glares locking onto Phoenix; feeling a slight tremor of panic, the Imperial angrily dropped Audra, scowling at the dragons around him with pure hatred.

"Filthy savages," he spat.

"What did you say?!" Mercury shrieked, flying forward with another fierce strike of her talons.

This time she caught Phoenix's foreleg, and with a pained roar the red Imperial took off, fleeing from Dragoncrest.
Audra stood, her head bent in thanks. Due to the fact that a male had nearly forced her to - she nearly gagged - mate with him against her will, Audra collapsed and sobs wracked her body.

Rhys released Seryn. "You should go to her," he told her quietly before nudging Seryn towards the other dragoness. He nodded as further encouragement before taking a few steps back.

As Phoenix fled, anger boiled his blood. I swear, one day that dragoness will be mine.

((Sorry it's so short! ;-; ))
Audra stood, her head bent in thanks. Due to the fact that a male had nearly forced her to - she nearly gagged - mate with him against her will, Audra collapsed and sobs wracked her body.

Rhys released Seryn. "You should go to her," he told her quietly before nudging Seryn towards the other dragoness. He nodded as further encouragement before taking a few steps back.

As Phoenix fled, anger boiled his blood. I swear, one day that dragoness will be mine.

((Sorry it's so short! ;-; ))
AZOFNjv.png
Seryn almost wanted to say "no", just to be rebellious and give Rhys a taste of the frustration he was always giving her; but she let her angry emotions give way to sympathy as she looked at the sobbing Audra.

She was terrible with emotional support. Someone started crying around her and all she could do was mumble awkward nothings and maybe pat their shoulder. But all the same, she forced herself forward.

"It's alright," she offered awkwardly, reaching down to nudge the dragoness' wing. "You don't have to worry about him anymore."

"Come on, dear," Grayce said, emerging from the crowd. Seryn held in a sigh of relief. Grayce was much better at this sort of thing.

Gently helping Audra to her feet, Grayce coaxed, "Let's get you to your nice, pretty den, shall we? I'll give you a little something to help calm you down and you can take a nice rest..."

The two females slowly left the Threshold, gradually followed by LaVerne and Godiva for more emotional support. Once they were gone everyone crowded together, talking over what had just happened. Drur finally quieted them all, speaking above the chatter and saying, "Alright, now, we have a new clan member who has just endured some very unpleasant experiences--let us all be as gentle and kind as we can."

Everyone murmured in agreement and the crowd dispersed, going their separate ways. Idris rounded up a few other dragons to run a quick patrol and make sure Phoenix was really gone, Audra's protection foremost in his mind.
Seryn almost wanted to say "no", just to be rebellious and give Rhys a taste of the frustration he was always giving her; but she let her angry emotions give way to sympathy as she looked at the sobbing Audra.

She was terrible with emotional support. Someone started crying around her and all she could do was mumble awkward nothings and maybe pat their shoulder. But all the same, she forced herself forward.

"It's alright," she offered awkwardly, reaching down to nudge the dragoness' wing. "You don't have to worry about him anymore."

"Come on, dear," Grayce said, emerging from the crowd. Seryn held in a sigh of relief. Grayce was much better at this sort of thing.

Gently helping Audra to her feet, Grayce coaxed, "Let's get you to your nice, pretty den, shall we? I'll give you a little something to help calm you down and you can take a nice rest..."

The two females slowly left the Threshold, gradually followed by LaVerne and Godiva for more emotional support. Once they were gone everyone crowded together, talking over what had just happened. Drur finally quieted them all, speaking above the chatter and saying, "Alright, now, we have a new clan member who has just endured some very unpleasant experiences--let us all be as gentle and kind as we can."

Everyone murmured in agreement and the crowd dispersed, going their separate ways. Idris rounded up a few other dragons to run a quick patrol and make sure Phoenix was really gone, Audra's protection foremost in his mind.
Audra was glad that there were so many dragons here that cared for her. And not in the artificial, 'Hey, how are you?' kind of way. As she walked with Grayce to her den, her eyes began to droop, and she made herself walk faster so she could curl up in a mountain of pillows and sleep. When she reached her den, she smiled at Grayce and thanked her.

"I'm going to rest now. I will see you all when I wake," Audra said, her voice soft from tiredness. Once in her room, she flopped onto the bed. She buried herself beneath the fur blankets and curled into a small ball. She then closed her eyes and allowed sleep to carry her into dreamland.

Despite wanting to stay near Seryn and guard her, he knew that it would make her feel crowded, maybe even harassed. So instead, he let loose a sigh and walked back to his den, grabbing a random book off one of his shelves and reading. Apparently, he was more tired than he realized, because after an hour or so of reading, he fell asleep with his nose in a book - literally.
Audra was glad that there were so many dragons here that cared for her. And not in the artificial, 'Hey, how are you?' kind of way. As she walked with Grayce to her den, her eyes began to droop, and she made herself walk faster so she could curl up in a mountain of pillows and sleep. When she reached her den, she smiled at Grayce and thanked her.

"I'm going to rest now. I will see you all when I wake," Audra said, her voice soft from tiredness. Once in her room, she flopped onto the bed. She buried herself beneath the fur blankets and curled into a small ball. She then closed her eyes and allowed sleep to carry her into dreamland.

Despite wanting to stay near Seryn and guard her, he knew that it would make her feel crowded, maybe even harassed. So instead, he let loose a sigh and walked back to his den, grabbing a random book off one of his shelves and reading. Apparently, he was more tired than he realized, because after an hour or so of reading, he fell asleep with his nose in a book - literally.
AZOFNjv.png
Idris and his group returned a few hours later, satisfied that Phoenix was gone; the vibrant Imperial male tried to find Audra to assure her that her old clanmate had left entirely, but instead he was informed that she'd gone to her den and was asleep.

Oh well, he sighed, a little disappointed but understanding. She's had a long day. ...I suppose I can give her a tour later.

He went about his duties for the rest of the day, thoughts habitually returning to the events of earlier. He thought with contempt of Phoenix, wondering how any male could be so cruel and full of themselves--and how any leader could ever condone such behavior. Audra must have come from a terrible clan.

For the rest of the afternoon, Seryn stayed in her room, a mixture of emotions tearing her apart from the inside. She didn't want to think about it and tried to bury herself in her books, taking a few volumes and going to sit out on her balcony.

At some point she realized she'd forgotten to take those Hiruin ballads from Rhys, and she wondered again why he'd brought them to her. It had to be some--some trick, of some sort. She didn't know why he'd do it or what the purpose would be, but it just--ugh, it was too confusing.
Idris and his group returned a few hours later, satisfied that Phoenix was gone; the vibrant Imperial male tried to find Audra to assure her that her old clanmate had left entirely, but instead he was informed that she'd gone to her den and was asleep.

Oh well, he sighed, a little disappointed but understanding. She's had a long day. ...I suppose I can give her a tour later.

He went about his duties for the rest of the day, thoughts habitually returning to the events of earlier. He thought with contempt of Phoenix, wondering how any male could be so cruel and full of themselves--and how any leader could ever condone such behavior. Audra must have come from a terrible clan.

For the rest of the afternoon, Seryn stayed in her room, a mixture of emotions tearing her apart from the inside. She didn't want to think about it and tried to bury herself in her books, taking a few volumes and going to sit out on her balcony.

At some point she realized she'd forgotten to take those Hiruin ballads from Rhys, and she wondered again why he'd brought them to her. It had to be some--some trick, of some sort. She didn't know why he'd do it or what the purpose would be, but it just--ugh, it was too confusing.
Da frickity frackity next morning

Audra woke up slowly. At first, panic gripped her as she looked around the unfamiliar room. Then, her memory caught up to her and she released a content sigh. She climbed out of bed and stretched her back and wings before leaving her den and setting off to find Seryn.

Rhys woke up with a start. Realizing he had fallen asleep at the small table in the corner of the room, he stood and unpacked his side pouches. The contents, for the most part, were ordinary. None of the items stood out to him aside from the two books he had gotten for Seryn. He smiled slightly as he gazed at them. Putting the books back into the side pouches, he set off to Seryn's den, noticing Audra on his way there. Deciding to ignore her, he knocked on the stone outside Seryn's den.

"Can I come in?" he asked, his deep voice rumbling in the quiet hours of morning.
Da frickity frackity next morning

Audra woke up slowly. At first, panic gripped her as she looked around the unfamiliar room. Then, her memory caught up to her and she released a content sigh. She climbed out of bed and stretched her back and wings before leaving her den and setting off to find Seryn.

Rhys woke up with a start. Realizing he had fallen asleep at the small table in the corner of the room, he stood and unpacked his side pouches. The contents, for the most part, were ordinary. None of the items stood out to him aside from the two books he had gotten for Seryn. He smiled slightly as he gazed at them. Putting the books back into the side pouches, he set off to Seryn's den, noticing Audra on his way there. Deciding to ignore her, he knocked on the stone outside Seryn's den.

"Can I come in?" he asked, his deep voice rumbling in the quiet hours of morning.
AZOFNjv.png
A voice roused Seryn, who had still been asleep, and she sat up abruptly, blinking hazily. She hook her head, listening closely and realizing she recognized the voice outside her door.

Feeling a pit in her stomach, the grey dragoness held in a groan. What does he want?

Deciding to be mature, Seryn scrambled to straighten herself and make sure her mane wasn't too badly tousled before calling nonchalantly, "Come in."

For her first social interaction of the day, she would have much preferred someone else. Anyone else. Rhys made her feel too confused. She would've enjoyed Audra's company, preferably--the glittering female still hadn't seen Seryn's collection, and she had a feeling Audra would appreciate it properly.
A voice roused Seryn, who had still been asleep, and she sat up abruptly, blinking hazily. She hook her head, listening closely and realizing she recognized the voice outside her door.

Feeling a pit in her stomach, the grey dragoness held in a groan. What does he want?

Deciding to be mature, Seryn scrambled to straighten herself and make sure her mane wasn't too badly tousled before calling nonchalantly, "Come in."

For her first social interaction of the day, she would have much preferred someone else. Anyone else. Rhys made her feel too confused. She would've enjoyed Audra's company, preferably--the glittering female still hadn't seen Seryn's collection, and she had a feeling Audra would appreciate it properly.
Rhys stepped inside, pulling out the books and setting them down on her bed.

"Just figured I'd drop them off. See you," he said before walking out of the den. As he returned to his den, his heart gradually stopped pounding, and realization dawned. I was just inside her room.

Audra walked up to Seryn's den, taking notice of the fact that Rhys had walked out seconds before. She knocked softly, waiting for Seryn's approval before walking in. Wouldn't want to walk in on her... tidying up. A small smirk graced her lips as she waited.
Rhys stepped inside, pulling out the books and setting them down on her bed.

"Just figured I'd drop them off. See you," he said before walking out of the den. As he returned to his den, his heart gradually stopped pounding, and realization dawned. I was just inside her room.

Audra walked up to Seryn's den, taking notice of the fact that Rhys had walked out seconds before. She knocked softly, waiting for Seryn's approval before walking in. Wouldn't want to walk in on her... tidying up. A small smirk graced her lips as she waited.
AZOFNjv.png
For a moment after Rhys left, Seryn just stared down at the books. She didn't know what she'd been expecting, but--whatever it was, she'd imagined it would be more confrontational than that.

She was jolted out of her thoughts at a second knock, softer than the first; looking up in surprise, she called, "Yes? Er, come in."

Two visitors right away in one morning? Why am I suddenly the most popular dragon in the mountain?

When Audra entered Seryn let out a small sigh of relief. "Oh, Audra. Good morning."

The grey dragoness clambered out of her bed, shaking herself out before putting the ballads aside to be shelved later. Beginning to straighten her pillows and blankets, she asked over her shoulder, "Come to see my collection?"
For a moment after Rhys left, Seryn just stared down at the books. She didn't know what she'd been expecting, but--whatever it was, she'd imagined it would be more confrontational than that.

She was jolted out of her thoughts at a second knock, softer than the first; looking up in surprise, she called, "Yes? Er, come in."

Two visitors right away in one morning? Why am I suddenly the most popular dragon in the mountain?

When Audra entered Seryn let out a small sigh of relief. "Oh, Audra. Good morning."

The grey dragoness clambered out of her bed, shaking herself out before putting the ballads aside to be shelved later. Beginning to straighten her pillows and blankets, she asked over her shoulder, "Come to see my collection?"
Audra nodded, a wide smile showing off sharp canines. Just like that, she dove in, nearly pulling every book off the shelf until she found one that intrigued her. Although she loved historical fiction, she did not like any purely factual books such as an encyclopedia. The book she held now was a romance about two dragons from opposing flights. Forbidden love had always intrigued Audra and now was no exception.

"Is it okay if I borrow this one? I'll return it safe and sound in a few days, promise!" Her tail swung happily on the floor behind her, showing her enthusiasm.
Audra nodded, a wide smile showing off sharp canines. Just like that, she dove in, nearly pulling every book off the shelf until she found one that intrigued her. Although she loved historical fiction, she did not like any purely factual books such as an encyclopedia. The book she held now was a romance about two dragons from opposing flights. Forbidden love had always intrigued Audra and now was no exception.

"Is it okay if I borrow this one? I'll return it safe and sound in a few days, promise!" Her tail swung happily on the floor behind her, showing her enthusiasm.
AZOFNjv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29