Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with NirinTallisbane
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
At Rhys' nudge Seryn quickly jumped into the air, hurrying to keep pace with the others. She'd seen how testy he could be, and she definitely didn't want any of that animosity directed at her.

When Audra bumped into Idris he hardly felt it--in fact he probably wouldn't have realized if not for her sudden apology.

"Hey, relax," he replied, doing his best to sound kindly. Is she about to cry? Did my gembond hurt her? He'd had that happen before, dragons getting bruised by the gems crusting his scales and wings... Imagine running into a brick wall, then imagine running into a brick wall with random rocks peppering the surface. Double ouch.

"It's fine," he insisted. The last thing he wanted to do, despite his air of carelessness, was make anyone actually cry. Especially not this sparkly new dragoness; he wanted to make sure he left a very macho impression on everyone he met. "We all knock into each other once in a while, nothing to worry about!"

They flew for an hour or so then stopped to take a rest, then started flying again; they rested once more, then flew the last stretch of their journey. By then the sun was setting, sinking behind a large, curved peak called Dragoncrest by those inhabiting it.

The mountain was huge, its top curved towards the Observatory far in the distance. The inside was made up of five layers; the very top was a single, large den, home to a dragon named Mainyr. The second layer was three large caves, all connected and used to house the hatchlings and nesting mothers. The third layer consisted of one large cave in the westward side of the mountain, with a large, terraced open for the coming and going of the clan. That particular entrance was called the Threshold; connected to the Threshold was a maze of tunnels and caves, all housing the various members of the clan. Below the Threshold were the workspaces of the tinkerers, engineers, inventors, scientists, and creators of the clan. Below that was the Hoard, where every dragons' individual treasure and hoardings--as well as the community funds--were kept. The entire mountain was dotted with open-air walkways, terraces, and balconies, carved into the cliffsides by skilled dragons. Down below, at the base of the mountain, the Eastward slopes and the surrounding land was covered in thick forests; the Westward slopes reached down to the ocean, a wide swath of sandy beach readily available to any who enjoyed the water and sun. Between ocean and forest was a cleared-out patch of land, home to the gardens of Ludyca, the clan's matron, who grew everything from vegetables to medicinal herbs to vibrant, abundant flowers.

Idris led the group around the mountain to the large, carved opening denoting the Threshold. Many other dragons were milling about there, some flying past them on their way in and calling out greetings.

Landing inside, the Imperials were greeted by two Guardian dragons; one male and charcoal black, sporting a suit of armor, and the other a female of muted reds, wearing pearly jewelry and colored silks.

"Ah, you're back," rumbled the male, lifting his head and scanning the group with wise, lavender eyes. His gaze rested on Audra, and he asked curiously, "Who's this? I don't recall putting any new dragons on the list of supplies."

Idris grinned, shedding his burdens and explaining, "We brought a guest, Drur--she's traveling from her clan and wanted to see what we had to offer. Audra, come introduce yourself."

Drur bowed his head to the sparkly Imperial female, rumbling, "Greetings, young one. I am Drur, leader of Dragoncrest, and this is my mate, Ludyca."

He nodded to the red Guardian, who smiled warmly at Audra and bobbed her head in greeting.
At Rhys' nudge Seryn quickly jumped into the air, hurrying to keep pace with the others. She'd seen how testy he could be, and she definitely didn't want any of that animosity directed at her.

When Audra bumped into Idris he hardly felt it--in fact he probably wouldn't have realized if not for her sudden apology.

"Hey, relax," he replied, doing his best to sound kindly. Is she about to cry? Did my gembond hurt her? He'd had that happen before, dragons getting bruised by the gems crusting his scales and wings... Imagine running into a brick wall, then imagine running into a brick wall with random rocks peppering the surface. Double ouch.

"It's fine," he insisted. The last thing he wanted to do, despite his air of carelessness, was make anyone actually cry. Especially not this sparkly new dragoness; he wanted to make sure he left a very macho impression on everyone he met. "We all knock into each other once in a while, nothing to worry about!"

They flew for an hour or so then stopped to take a rest, then started flying again; they rested once more, then flew the last stretch of their journey. By then the sun was setting, sinking behind a large, curved peak called Dragoncrest by those inhabiting it.

The mountain was huge, its top curved towards the Observatory far in the distance. The inside was made up of five layers; the very top was a single, large den, home to a dragon named Mainyr. The second layer was three large caves, all connected and used to house the hatchlings and nesting mothers. The third layer consisted of one large cave in the westward side of the mountain, with a large, terraced open for the coming and going of the clan. That particular entrance was called the Threshold; connected to the Threshold was a maze of tunnels and caves, all housing the various members of the clan. Below the Threshold were the workspaces of the tinkerers, engineers, inventors, scientists, and creators of the clan. Below that was the Hoard, where every dragons' individual treasure and hoardings--as well as the community funds--were kept. The entire mountain was dotted with open-air walkways, terraces, and balconies, carved into the cliffsides by skilled dragons. Down below, at the base of the mountain, the Eastward slopes and the surrounding land was covered in thick forests; the Westward slopes reached down to the ocean, a wide swath of sandy beach readily available to any who enjoyed the water and sun. Between ocean and forest was a cleared-out patch of land, home to the gardens of Ludyca, the clan's matron, who grew everything from vegetables to medicinal herbs to vibrant, abundant flowers.

Idris led the group around the mountain to the large, carved opening denoting the Threshold. Many other dragons were milling about there, some flying past them on their way in and calling out greetings.

Landing inside, the Imperials were greeted by two Guardian dragons; one male and charcoal black, sporting a suit of armor, and the other a female of muted reds, wearing pearly jewelry and colored silks.

"Ah, you're back," rumbled the male, lifting his head and scanning the group with wise, lavender eyes. His gaze rested on Audra, and he asked curiously, "Who's this? I don't recall putting any new dragons on the list of supplies."

Idris grinned, shedding his burdens and explaining, "We brought a guest, Drur--she's traveling from her clan and wanted to see what we had to offer. Audra, come introduce yourself."

Drur bowed his head to the sparkly Imperial female, rumbling, "Greetings, young one. I am Drur, leader of Dragoncrest, and this is my mate, Ludyca."

He nodded to the red Guardian, who smiled warmly at Audra and bobbed her head in greeting.
Audra smiled politely and awkwardly stood in front of the two.

"Uh, hi, I'm Audra, from the Frosted Heart clan. I came because... well, uh, yeah." She mentally scolded herself for all her stuttering and went to sit in a small corner somewhere. Although she knew she was in a new place, full of new dragons, some part of her was just so used to being stuck in the background. She looked around in awe, the unfamiliar setting causing her heart rate to increase as she took in the incredible structure.

Rhys, although he was glad to be home, was irritated. But instead of it being targeted at some annoying dragon, it was directed at himself. Did I do something, why won't she talk to me? Am I too obvious about it? Should I smile more? Sweet Arcanist, what do I do?

After recovering from his miniature panic attack, Rhys walked over to where Seryn stood, pulling out her books and handing them back to her with what he hoped was a small smile. Though quite frankly, his face was so unused to the action, that it came across as more of a scowl.

Sorry for the late response! Hope your still up :)
Audra smiled politely and awkwardly stood in front of the two.

"Uh, hi, I'm Audra, from the Frosted Heart clan. I came because... well, uh, yeah." She mentally scolded herself for all her stuttering and went to sit in a small corner somewhere. Although she knew she was in a new place, full of new dragons, some part of her was just so used to being stuck in the background. She looked around in awe, the unfamiliar setting causing her heart rate to increase as she took in the incredible structure.

Rhys, although he was glad to be home, was irritated. But instead of it being targeted at some annoying dragon, it was directed at himself. Did I do something, why won't she talk to me? Am I too obvious about it? Should I smile more? Sweet Arcanist, what do I do?

After recovering from his miniature panic attack, Rhys walked over to where Seryn stood, pulling out her books and handing them back to her with what he hoped was a small smile. Though quite frankly, his face was so unused to the action, that it came across as more of a scowl.

Sorry for the late response! Hope your still up :)
AZOFNjv.png
Ludyca exchanged a knowing smile with Drur as Audra scittered off; nodding herself out of the conversation, the rosette Guardian trotted after the new Imperial, coming to sit beside her.

For a moment there was silence between them; gradually, Ludyca spoke. "We have many dragons here," she said. Her voice was deep like her mate's, but much smoother. "They are all rather friendly--for the most part."

She chuckled slightly, going on, "Perhaps you would like me to introduce you to some?"

Without waiting for an answer, she looked across the open floor of the Threshold, calling, "Aeromisae, Florian! Come here and say hello to our guest!"

Turning to Audra once more as the two dragons trotted over, Ludyca explained, "Aeromisae is my daughter--Florian is one of our best storytellers. Both love to meet new dragons."

Across the cave, Seryn jumped slightly when Rhys appeared at her side, offering her the books he'd been carrying for her.

"Oh, thank you," she said, daring to make eye contact. Oh no, he's frowning. What did I do?

Quickly she took the books, bobbing her head in acknowledgement before turning and hurrying off to put them with the rest of her collection.

Drur and Idris finished discussing the trip, the latter of which watching Seryn go before shooting Rhys a pointed look. Idris--along with several other of the clan--had never quite settled around Rhys. There was always something...off-setting about him.

Shaking out his wings, Idris moved on, heading to go freshen up in his den; but not before casting a look back at where Ludyca sat with Audra. He made a mental note to make sure he gave the new dragoness a tour sometime.

Yup, still up :p
Ludyca exchanged a knowing smile with Drur as Audra scittered off; nodding herself out of the conversation, the rosette Guardian trotted after the new Imperial, coming to sit beside her.

For a moment there was silence between them; gradually, Ludyca spoke. "We have many dragons here," she said. Her voice was deep like her mate's, but much smoother. "They are all rather friendly--for the most part."

She chuckled slightly, going on, "Perhaps you would like me to introduce you to some?"

Without waiting for an answer, she looked across the open floor of the Threshold, calling, "Aeromisae, Florian! Come here and say hello to our guest!"

Turning to Audra once more as the two dragons trotted over, Ludyca explained, "Aeromisae is my daughter--Florian is one of our best storytellers. Both love to meet new dragons."

Across the cave, Seryn jumped slightly when Rhys appeared at her side, offering her the books he'd been carrying for her.

"Oh, thank you," she said, daring to make eye contact. Oh no, he's frowning. What did I do?

Quickly she took the books, bobbing her head in acknowledgement before turning and hurrying off to put them with the rest of her collection.

Drur and Idris finished discussing the trip, the latter of which watching Seryn go before shooting Rhys a pointed look. Idris--along with several other of the clan--had never quite settled around Rhys. There was always something...off-setting about him.

Shaking out his wings, Idris moved on, heading to go freshen up in his den; but not before casting a look back at where Ludyca sat with Audra. He made a mental note to make sure he gave the new dragoness a tour sometime.

Yup, still up :p
((Thank goodness because I was bored to death))

Audra startled initially, but she quickly warmed up to Ludyca. When she called over two new dragons, Audra tensed. If her clan could see her now... she wouldn't be allowed to eat for a week. Her eyes widened at the thought and she stood, her tail lashing in frustration.

"Actually, I need some... Fresh air... yeah, fresh air. Okaythankyoubye." The last words were rushed and seemed to muddle into one word. She tried to get out of the large place, but every turn got her more and more lost. Eventually, she just curled up in a corner and tried to sleep.

Rhys cursed under his breath. Aaaaaand I did it again. What in the Shade is wrong with me? He stalked to his cave, where he paced to a point where he was surprised he didn't leave a dent in the floor. After what felt like hours of racking his brain on what to do to make Seryn like him, he flopped onto his bed and buried his snout in the pillows, releasing a breath of hot air as more and more questions piled up in his brain.

When Rhys woke up, his head was pounding. He groaned, getting up and going to the healing cave to grab some pain reducer. On the way there, he noticed Seryn, and he softened slightly. Even his headache eased up at the sight of her. That says something, right?

After mentally weighing the pros and cons, Rhys lifted his wing in a sort of wave.

After waking up to a busy lair, Audra sighed and tried once again to find her way around the mountain home. This time, she tried to re-track her previous steps in order to find the Threshold.
((Thank goodness because I was bored to death))

Audra startled initially, but she quickly warmed up to Ludyca. When she called over two new dragons, Audra tensed. If her clan could see her now... she wouldn't be allowed to eat for a week. Her eyes widened at the thought and she stood, her tail lashing in frustration.

"Actually, I need some... Fresh air... yeah, fresh air. Okaythankyoubye." The last words were rushed and seemed to muddle into one word. She tried to get out of the large place, but every turn got her more and more lost. Eventually, she just curled up in a corner and tried to sleep.

Rhys cursed under his breath. Aaaaaand I did it again. What in the Shade is wrong with me? He stalked to his cave, where he paced to a point where he was surprised he didn't leave a dent in the floor. After what felt like hours of racking his brain on what to do to make Seryn like him, he flopped onto his bed and buried his snout in the pillows, releasing a breath of hot air as more and more questions piled up in his brain.

When Rhys woke up, his head was pounding. He groaned, getting up and going to the healing cave to grab some pain reducer. On the way there, he noticed Seryn, and he softened slightly. Even his headache eased up at the sight of her. That says something, right?

After mentally weighing the pros and cons, Rhys lifted his wing in a sort of wave.

After waking up to a busy lair, Audra sighed and tried once again to find her way around the mountain home. This time, she tried to re-track her previous steps in order to find the Threshold.
AZOFNjv.png
((Edit: AHHH SORRY THE WIFI WENT OUT ON ME RIGHT WHEN I TRIED TO POST THIS D:<))

((I love your signature by the way :0 Did you commission it from someone?))

Ludyca, Aeromisae, and Florian watched Audra leave, surprised at her strange reaction.

"Well, she was pretty," Florian commented after a moment of awkward silence. "She shy or something?"

"I don't think so," Ludyca sighed, standing and shaking her wings out. "Somehow, I think it has something to do with her clan. What did she say it was called...? Frosted-something? Ah, well."

Shaking her head, the Guardian turned to her daughter, Aeromisae, saying, "Better go get Misaki or LaVerne to whip up a meal for our guest."

"Yes, ma'am." Aeromisae bobbed her head respectfully, motioning to Florian; the two turned and hurried off, and Ludyca went to rejoin her mate.

Back in his den, Idris took great care to clean off the multitude of gems encrusting his body. They always got so dirty throughout the day. And, though he wasn't vain--he did like to stay clean and make sure he looked his best.

Especially with their new guest around for a little while.

Eventually he decided it was too late to go and offer Audra a tour, and in all likelihood someone had already gotten her a den for the night. Begrudgingly the male settled down to bed, sleeping soundlessly after the workout from the long flight. Waking the next morning, he prepared himself and headed out, intending to head back to the Threshold and expecting everyone to be there for the morning meal. Instead he rounded a corner and stumbled across none other than Audra herself.

"Audra?" He started, taking a few steps back in surprise so that he didn't accidentally bump. "Oh, uh--good morning. Up so soon?"

Elsewhere, Seryn had awoken and organized her new books into the shelves that lined the walls of her den. She trailed a claw over the spines of the tomes absently, sighing before moving out onto the balcony adjacent to her cave.

She hadn't wanted to admit it, but watching the last vibrant colors of the dawn fade from the sky, she was reminded of the discomfort she'd felt around their guest.

Audra was so stunning. She sparkled with every move she made. And though she seemed a little awkward at times, she still had a sort of natural grace about her. Seryn, though...she was probably the most flatly-colored dragon in the clan, besides maybe Drur or Orpheus. Her monotone scales always made her self-conscious. All she ever wanted was to be as colorful as some of the other dragons of the lair--even though she had tried to be content with herself the way she was.

Huffing, the dragoness shook her head. "No, Seryn," she said aloud to herself. "Stop thinking about it. Don't go making an enemy of Audra just yet--she's very nice, I can tell. She likes books, too! Maybe I should invite her to see the one's I've collected..."

She trailed off, falling into thought for a moment before remembering breakfast was waiting for her. She passed Rhys in the halls on the way to the Threshold, and he seemed to motion to her with his wing; for a moment she froze, uncertain of what he wanted. To be on the safe side, she flicked one of her own wings in acknowledgement, then kept on her way.
((Edit: AHHH SORRY THE WIFI WENT OUT ON ME RIGHT WHEN I TRIED TO POST THIS D:<))

((I love your signature by the way :0 Did you commission it from someone?))

Ludyca, Aeromisae, and Florian watched Audra leave, surprised at her strange reaction.

"Well, she was pretty," Florian commented after a moment of awkward silence. "She shy or something?"

"I don't think so," Ludyca sighed, standing and shaking her wings out. "Somehow, I think it has something to do with her clan. What did she say it was called...? Frosted-something? Ah, well."

Shaking her head, the Guardian turned to her daughter, Aeromisae, saying, "Better go get Misaki or LaVerne to whip up a meal for our guest."

"Yes, ma'am." Aeromisae bobbed her head respectfully, motioning to Florian; the two turned and hurried off, and Ludyca went to rejoin her mate.

Back in his den, Idris took great care to clean off the multitude of gems encrusting his body. They always got so dirty throughout the day. And, though he wasn't vain--he did like to stay clean and make sure he looked his best.

Especially with their new guest around for a little while.

Eventually he decided it was too late to go and offer Audra a tour, and in all likelihood someone had already gotten her a den for the night. Begrudgingly the male settled down to bed, sleeping soundlessly after the workout from the long flight. Waking the next morning, he prepared himself and headed out, intending to head back to the Threshold and expecting everyone to be there for the morning meal. Instead he rounded a corner and stumbled across none other than Audra herself.

"Audra?" He started, taking a few steps back in surprise so that he didn't accidentally bump. "Oh, uh--good morning. Up so soon?"

Elsewhere, Seryn had awoken and organized her new books into the shelves that lined the walls of her den. She trailed a claw over the spines of the tomes absently, sighing before moving out onto the balcony adjacent to her cave.

She hadn't wanted to admit it, but watching the last vibrant colors of the dawn fade from the sky, she was reminded of the discomfort she'd felt around their guest.

Audra was so stunning. She sparkled with every move she made. And though she seemed a little awkward at times, she still had a sort of natural grace about her. Seryn, though...she was probably the most flatly-colored dragon in the clan, besides maybe Drur or Orpheus. Her monotone scales always made her self-conscious. All she ever wanted was to be as colorful as some of the other dragons of the lair--even though she had tried to be content with herself the way she was.

Huffing, the dragoness shook her head. "No, Seryn," she said aloud to herself. "Stop thinking about it. Don't go making an enemy of Audra just yet--she's very nice, I can tell. She likes books, too! Maybe I should invite her to see the one's I've collected..."

She trailed off, falling into thought for a moment before remembering breakfast was waiting for her. She passed Rhys in the halls on the way to the Threshold, and he seemed to motion to her with his wing; for a moment she froze, uncertain of what he wanted. To be on the safe side, she flicked one of her own wings in acknowledgement, then kept on her way.
((Nah, I just found it :) ))

Audra froze, her wings flinging out on each side of her in an attempt to steady herself. Once she had regained her bearings, Audra glanced at him.

Realizing he had spoken, Audra snapped out of her trance-like state. "Good morning, Idris," she whispered. Tucking her wings tightly enough for it to be slightly painful, she ducked her head and tried to maneuver around him.

Rhys frowned when Seryn didn't come over. Mumbling a few curses that rumbled through the empty hall, Rhys wandered off, his determination to find painkillers renewed.
((Nah, I just found it :) ))

Audra froze, her wings flinging out on each side of her in an attempt to steady herself. Once she had regained her bearings, Audra glanced at him.

Realizing he had spoken, Audra snapped out of her trance-like state. "Good morning, Idris," she whispered. Tucking her wings tightly enough for it to be slightly painful, she ducked her head and tried to maneuver around him.

Rhys frowned when Seryn didn't come over. Mumbling a few curses that rumbled through the empty hall, Rhys wandered off, his determination to find painkillers renewed.
AZOFNjv.png
Idris chuckled slightly at Audra's display of surprise; when she tried to slip past he jumped in front of her, exclaiming good-naturedly, "Whoa, whoa! Where are you going? You're headed the opposite way of breakfast, you know."

He grinned, tilting his head a little and noting she seemed a little dirty, her silky mane slightly tousled. Had she not slept well?

"I hope your den suited your tastes," he said absently, beginning to walk down the hall and hoping to get some sort of explanation for her somber attitude. He motioned for her to follow him, adding, "Ludyca always seems to know exactly the right den for every dragon. It's a gift, really."

Idris passed the entrance to Grayce's den; inside the three large, connected caves, Grayce--the healer of the clan--was rooting around her supplies, trying to find a painkiller for Rhys.

Chamomille, her daughter and resident herbalist, finally found the plant they were looking for and prepared it for medicinal use, handing it over to the dark Imperial before clicking her tongue disapprovingly.

"That's the third headache you've had this week," the female Ridgeback noted. "What are doing, banging your head against the wall?"

The healers of the clan were some of the few dragons not intimidated by Rhys' imposing presence.
Idris chuckled slightly at Audra's display of surprise; when she tried to slip past he jumped in front of her, exclaiming good-naturedly, "Whoa, whoa! Where are you going? You're headed the opposite way of breakfast, you know."

He grinned, tilting his head a little and noting she seemed a little dirty, her silky mane slightly tousled. Had she not slept well?

"I hope your den suited your tastes," he said absently, beginning to walk down the hall and hoping to get some sort of explanation for her somber attitude. He motioned for her to follow him, adding, "Ludyca always seems to know exactly the right den for every dragon. It's a gift, really."

Idris passed the entrance to Grayce's den; inside the three large, connected caves, Grayce--the healer of the clan--was rooting around her supplies, trying to find a painkiller for Rhys.

Chamomille, her daughter and resident herbalist, finally found the plant they were looking for and prepared it for medicinal use, handing it over to the dark Imperial before clicking her tongue disapprovingly.

"That's the third headache you've had this week," the female Ridgeback noted. "What are doing, banging your head against the wall?"

The healers of the clan were some of the few dragons not intimidated by Rhys' imposing presence.
Audra nodded. When he mentioned a den, she tilted her head in confusion.

"T-There were dens? O-Oh." Embarrassed, she ducked her head even further, trying to hide the pink now tinting her cheeks. And of course, the minute breakfast was mentioned, her stomach rumbled. "And breakfast sounds perfect." She peeked up at him, silently asking for him to take her to wherever there was food. Most days, she only received a small platter of food in the afternoon.

At Chamomille's comment, Rhys muttered, "I may as well be." His thoughts drifted back to Seryn that morning. Why, why, why can't I be a normal dragon that doesn't scare everyone away? Remembering the healers currently teasing him, he smiled. Well... not everyone...

After leaving the healer's den, Rhys made his way to the Dining Hall, where breakfast was held every morning. The entire way there, Rhys prayed that he would bump into Seryn.
Audra nodded. When he mentioned a den, she tilted her head in confusion.

"T-There were dens? O-Oh." Embarrassed, she ducked her head even further, trying to hide the pink now tinting her cheeks. And of course, the minute breakfast was mentioned, her stomach rumbled. "And breakfast sounds perfect." She peeked up at him, silently asking for him to take her to wherever there was food. Most days, she only received a small platter of food in the afternoon.

At Chamomille's comment, Rhys muttered, "I may as well be." His thoughts drifted back to Seryn that morning. Why, why, why can't I be a normal dragon that doesn't scare everyone away? Remembering the healers currently teasing him, he smiled. Well... not everyone...

After leaving the healer's den, Rhys made his way to the Dining Hall, where breakfast was held every morning. The entire way there, Rhys prayed that he would bump into Seryn.
AZOFNjv.png
"You didn't get a den?" Idris asked, more than a little shocked. Something must have happened before Ludyca could get Audra a den, because he knew the Guardian wouldn't willingly let a guest sleep in a corner somewhere.

Shaking his head, he pushed the thought away, remembering to ask Ludyca later. "Oh well--we'll get you situated in a nice den after breakfast. Just follow me!"

Glancing back at the dragoness, he added jokingly, "I'll make sure everyone saves you a nice big portion. You look like you could use a good meal."

They made it to the Threshold, where the morning catch had been deposited near the entrance to the kitchen-type cave where any spices, cooking utensils, ovens, and extra cooking materials and food were kept. Misaki and LaVerne lingered nearby, ready to help anyone who needed help preparing their food.

"Well, what would you like?" Idris asked Audra as they approached the pile. "We've got fresh meat, seafood, insects, plants--I can smell something sweet, I'll bet LaVerne made a batch of her famous pastries..."

Seryn passed the two on her way towards the large exit in the side of the mountain, already having eaten; pausing a moment she gave Audra a friendly smile and wave, calling, "Audra, if you're interested in seeing some more books, feel free to have someone direct you to my den! You can browse my collection all you like, so long as you don't break anything!"

She gave their guest a playful wink, then turned and continued towards the exit. She was in the mood for a flight down to the woods; though she loved her books, she needed some fresh air now and then.
"You didn't get a den?" Idris asked, more than a little shocked. Something must have happened before Ludyca could get Audra a den, because he knew the Guardian wouldn't willingly let a guest sleep in a corner somewhere.

Shaking his head, he pushed the thought away, remembering to ask Ludyca later. "Oh well--we'll get you situated in a nice den after breakfast. Just follow me!"

Glancing back at the dragoness, he added jokingly, "I'll make sure everyone saves you a nice big portion. You look like you could use a good meal."

They made it to the Threshold, where the morning catch had been deposited near the entrance to the kitchen-type cave where any spices, cooking utensils, ovens, and extra cooking materials and food were kept. Misaki and LaVerne lingered nearby, ready to help anyone who needed help preparing their food.

"Well, what would you like?" Idris asked Audra as they approached the pile. "We've got fresh meat, seafood, insects, plants--I can smell something sweet, I'll bet LaVerne made a batch of her famous pastries..."

Seryn passed the two on her way towards the large exit in the side of the mountain, already having eaten; pausing a moment she gave Audra a friendly smile and wave, calling, "Audra, if you're interested in seeing some more books, feel free to have someone direct you to my den! You can browse my collection all you like, so long as you don't break anything!"

She gave their guest a playful wink, then turned and continued towards the exit. She was in the mood for a flight down to the woods; though she loved her books, she needed some fresh air now and then.
Audra smiled at Idris before taking some seafood and plants. When she heard Seryn, she nodded, her smile widening.

After finishing her meal, Audra turned to Idris. "Could you show me to Seryn's den? I'd love to read some of her books." Noticing the dirt on her claws and wings, she winced. "Actually, on second thought, maybe a place where I could wash up?" Out of habit, she ducked her head.

Rhys only caught a glimpse of Seryn at breakfast. He hadn't even finished his meal when he stormed out of the Dining Hall and back to his room. Then a thought occurred to him. She likes books, right? Maybe if I get her an ancient tome, she'll realize that I care!

His energy back in full force, he ran around the lair, gathering whatever money he could. Then he shot away like a rocket to the nearest marketplace.
Audra smiled at Idris before taking some seafood and plants. When she heard Seryn, she nodded, her smile widening.

After finishing her meal, Audra turned to Idris. "Could you show me to Seryn's den? I'd love to read some of her books." Noticing the dirt on her claws and wings, she winced. "Actually, on second thought, maybe a place where I could wash up?" Out of habit, she ducked her head.

Rhys only caught a glimpse of Seryn at breakfast. He hadn't even finished his meal when he stormed out of the Dining Hall and back to his room. Then a thought occurred to him. She likes books, right? Maybe if I get her an ancient tome, she'll realize that I care!

His energy back in full force, he ran around the lair, gathering whatever money he could. Then he shot away like a rocket to the nearest marketplace.
AZOFNjv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29