Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Need of A Companion, Probably (ASK)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
(Thanks!)

The grey-brown Imperial shifted midair, trying to get his new Tigerblood foo to settle down on his back. He had only recently received the creature after his old golem had began to crumble and he was told he couldn't have it out with him anymore. He wasn't quiet sure of the Foo, named Rayures, quite yet. Ray was making it hard to focus on flying with all its movement and noise.

He was flying home to his clan's den in the Sea of a Thousand Currents after visiting some relatives in the Spire, visiting with them over the recent activities of his clan and their members.

As he flew over the land he noticed a small lake on the ground with some other Imperials near it. Perhaps they were a family, perhaps not, who knew? Now he normally wouldn't have stopped, but Ray decided this was the best time possible to step on his wing and pierce it with his claws.

The sudden pain caused Celes to slam his wing shut against himself. In battle this would have been a great tactic, but they were in the middle of the air, and so it caused them to lose lift and begin falling very quickly to the ground. Ray climbed in a panic to Celes' head and dig in with his claws to the thickest part of Celes' mane. Celes himself was busy with shutting his other wing, and not breaking it against the force of the fall.

With his other wing safe from further harm, it was already likely dislocated, he let out a roar of warning to the dragons at the pond. He wasn't going to crash into them, quite a bit away actually, but he wanted to keep them safe.
(Thanks!)

The grey-brown Imperial shifted midair, trying to get his new Tigerblood foo to settle down on his back. He had only recently received the creature after his old golem had began to crumble and he was told he couldn't have it out with him anymore. He wasn't quiet sure of the Foo, named Rayures, quite yet. Ray was making it hard to focus on flying with all its movement and noise.

He was flying home to his clan's den in the Sea of a Thousand Currents after visiting some relatives in the Spire, visiting with them over the recent activities of his clan and their members.

As he flew over the land he noticed a small lake on the ground with some other Imperials near it. Perhaps they were a family, perhaps not, who knew? Now he normally wouldn't have stopped, but Ray decided this was the best time possible to step on his wing and pierce it with his claws.

The sudden pain caused Celes to slam his wing shut against himself. In battle this would have been a great tactic, but they were in the middle of the air, and so it caused them to lose lift and begin falling very quickly to the ground. Ray climbed in a panic to Celes' head and dig in with his claws to the thickest part of Celes' mane. Celes himself was busy with shutting his other wing, and not breaking it against the force of the fall.

With his other wing safe from further harm, it was already likely dislocated, he let out a roar of warning to the dragons at the pond. He wasn't going to crash into them, quite a bit away actually, but he wanted to keep them safe.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
((To all the folks involved, I'm going to go ahead and say Ivar, Allaiyn, and Celes can interact/get introduced for now while we wait for Onyxshade to post again, but I'd rather the plot not advance [idk, like the characters move to another spot/start traveling or something] until Onyx is able to get back with the rest of us. Hopefully that will be sometime today xD))

"Oh no," Allaiyn addressed the white, Imperial male who'd appeared from the trees. "She's not mine. Definitely not." She gave a small snort, continuing, "I don't know where she came from, I was just laying here and--well, I guess she fell in the water there."

She was about to ask his name when a sudden sound in the sky above them caught the dragoness' attention, and she turned with a start as yet another dragon appeared, this one falling from the sky with a cry of warning.

Before she could react or even get a good look at the newcomer, he'd smashed into the ground a good distance away with a painful-sounding crash.

Allaiyn flinched. Ooh, that's got to hurt.

Limping around but making sure to keep the white Imperial within her peripheral vision, she called to the settling cloud of dust, "Are you alright out there?"

((To all the folks involved, I'm going to go ahead and say Ivar, Allaiyn, and Celes can interact/get introduced for now while we wait for Onyxshade to post again, but I'd rather the plot not advance [idk, like the characters move to another spot/start traveling or something] until Onyx is able to get back with the rest of us. Hopefully that will be sometime today xD))

"Oh no," Allaiyn addressed the white, Imperial male who'd appeared from the trees. "She's not mine. Definitely not." She gave a small snort, continuing, "I don't know where she came from, I was just laying here and--well, I guess she fell in the water there."

She was about to ask his name when a sudden sound in the sky above them caught the dragoness' attention, and she turned with a start as yet another dragon appeared, this one falling from the sky with a cry of warning.

Before she could react or even get a good look at the newcomer, he'd smashed into the ground a good distance away with a painful-sounding crash.

Allaiyn flinched. Ooh, that's got to hurt.

Limping around but making sure to keep the white Imperial within her peripheral vision, she called to the settling cloud of dust, "Are you alright out there?"

(Sorry!! I didn’t subscribe and didn’t realize things would continue, I’m subbed now)
The little hatchling was quite distressed by the newcomers and was shaking quite badly, both from cold and fear. She wanted to inch back into the brush and keep going, but she was practically paralyzed. She only managed a whimper while tears pooled in her big red eyes.
Her feet were beginning to bleed again, but she didn’t really notice. She heard the others making sounds at one another, but she couldn’t really understand them. Two of the dragons looked like someone familiar to her, and they reminded her just why she had come all this way. She would keep going for as long as it took.
Having all the incentive she needed, she carefully backed up into the grass, rustling it as she went, leaving a red paw trail behind her...
(Sorry!! I didn’t subscribe and didn’t realize things would continue, I’m subbed now)
The little hatchling was quite distressed by the newcomers and was shaking quite badly, both from cold and fear. She wanted to inch back into the brush and keep going, but she was practically paralyzed. She only managed a whimper while tears pooled in her big red eyes.
Her feet were beginning to bleed again, but she didn’t really notice. She heard the others making sounds at one another, but she couldn’t really understand them. Two of the dragons looked like someone familiar to her, and they reminded her just why she had come all this way. She would keep going for as long as it took.
Having all the incentive she needed, she carefully backed up into the grass, rustling it as she went, leaving a red paw trail behind her...
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
(ok, I think imma jump on in; also I might as well link Ammonite's outfit so that my description makes sense)
Not Found

~~~~~~~

The demoness' shadow shifted in an unpleasant fashion through the twisting density of the foliage she had found herself in; her marbled scales seemed to squirm with each movement. She looked up frequently, exposing her the jaggedness of her striking features to the softness of the light. She knew herself that she couldn't stay away from her clan forever. She would be confined to the rotting walls and pillars of her expansive yet soulless home. Her truancy would soon become her downfall, and she would inevitably have to face the wrath of the "demon empress" herself.

Her. Something staggered within her as this thought came to her conscious, however she merely shook it away and continued to lurk and forage. She muttered curses to herself as her devilish claws padded against the ground.

Something rumbled within her satchel; two pairs of blood-orange jaws protruded slightly from the flap. They hissed and snapped their fangs. Ammonite creased her brow.

"Hold on you maggot-chomping imbeciles," she growled in a tone so menacingly deep, it caused noticeable vibrations in the air, "we are approaching somewhere, just you wait. We'll get shelter, and you'll finally be able to stuff your gluttonous gobs away from our pathetic clan-"

Ammonite's red eyes widened and glistened as she jolted her head to face the sky; as quick as a bolt of lightning, a pale, brown shape plummeted to the ground. She made a silencing motion towards the beasts in her bag as she lowered herself amongst the brush; her eyes stalking the scene.

(Sorry for possible errors, I'm writing this at like 11 o clock)
(ok, I think imma jump on in; also I might as well link Ammonite's outfit so that my description makes sense)
Not Found

~~~~~~~

The demoness' shadow shifted in an unpleasant fashion through the twisting density of the foliage she had found herself in; her marbled scales seemed to squirm with each movement. She looked up frequently, exposing her the jaggedness of her striking features to the softness of the light. She knew herself that she couldn't stay away from her clan forever. She would be confined to the rotting walls and pillars of her expansive yet soulless home. Her truancy would soon become her downfall, and she would inevitably have to face the wrath of the "demon empress" herself.

Her. Something staggered within her as this thought came to her conscious, however she merely shook it away and continued to lurk and forage. She muttered curses to herself as her devilish claws padded against the ground.

Something rumbled within her satchel; two pairs of blood-orange jaws protruded slightly from the flap. They hissed and snapped their fangs. Ammonite creased her brow.

"Hold on you maggot-chomping imbeciles," she growled in a tone so menacingly deep, it caused noticeable vibrations in the air, "we are approaching somewhere, just you wait. We'll get shelter, and you'll finally be able to stuff your gluttonous gobs away from our pathetic clan-"

Ammonite's red eyes widened and glistened as she jolted her head to face the sky; as quick as a bolt of lightning, a pale, brown shape plummeted to the ground. She made a silencing motion towards the beasts in her bag as she lowered herself amongst the brush; her eyes stalking the scene.

(Sorry for possible errors, I'm writing this at like 11 o clock)
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

((Onyxshade, no problem! I forget to subscribe to these things all the time haha xD))
((QuillofLimbo, sounds good to me! Ammonite seems like a very interesting character, I'm eager to see how everyone interacts :o))
((Onyxshade, no problem! I forget to subscribe to these things all the time haha xD))
((QuillofLimbo, sounds good to me! Ammonite seems like a very interesting character, I'm eager to see how everyone interacts :o))
(I too am subbed. And a quick question, did anyone else just have the glitch where if you went back before some words to fix something, that, when you typed it would delete what was ahead? I had that both here and in my clan description box. Its gone now of course.)

Celes moaned in pain. The small crater he'd made upon impact was filled with a cloud of slowly settling sand that had been kicked up into the air on impact and it stung his reopened wounds. New wounds pained him too, like the dislocated wing shoulder, the claw marks in his wings, the claw marks in his scalp, and likely many more fresh undiscovered wounds.

Ray released his hold on Celes' scalp and made their way along his side as though to escape. As they made to sneak off along his tail, he lifted it up and dropped it on the Foo, effectively knocking the breath out of it and trapping it.

He murmered angrilly to himself as he gathered his own breath in an aching chest. "Have a Foo! She said" He sucked a breath in sharpely through his teeth "It'll be nice! She said". He shoved a paw into the sand and put his weight against it in an attempt to stand. He fell back into the sand with a sharp cry of pain.

The arm was dislocated as well, as it had been part of the surface that had taken the brunt of the force. He had curled up in an attempt to keep his head from taking damage, and his left shoulder had taken the force. He uncurled himself now, and laid his head out on the sand, every part of him singing with pain.

He had yet to notice the strangers approaching him, as the sand blocked any possible sightings, and his ears rung, so he couldn't hear any attempt at distant communication.
(I too am subbed. And a quick question, did anyone else just have the glitch where if you went back before some words to fix something, that, when you typed it would delete what was ahead? I had that both here and in my clan description box. Its gone now of course.)

Celes moaned in pain. The small crater he'd made upon impact was filled with a cloud of slowly settling sand that had been kicked up into the air on impact and it stung his reopened wounds. New wounds pained him too, like the dislocated wing shoulder, the claw marks in his wings, the claw marks in his scalp, and likely many more fresh undiscovered wounds.

Ray released his hold on Celes' scalp and made their way along his side as though to escape. As they made to sneak off along his tail, he lifted it up and dropped it on the Foo, effectively knocking the breath out of it and trapping it.

He murmered angrilly to himself as he gathered his own breath in an aching chest. "Have a Foo! She said" He sucked a breath in sharpely through his teeth "It'll be nice! She said". He shoved a paw into the sand and put his weight against it in an attempt to stand. He fell back into the sand with a sharp cry of pain.

The arm was dislocated as well, as it had been part of the surface that had taken the brunt of the force. He had curled up in an attempt to keep his head from taking damage, and his left shoulder had taken the force. He uncurled himself now, and laid his head out on the sand, every part of him singing with pain.

He had yet to notice the strangers approaching him, as the sand blocked any possible sightings, and his ears rung, so he couldn't hear any attempt at distant communication.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt
Enjoy Sky Blue
The hatchling kept backing up into the grass, further and further, paying no attention to the strange sounds and vibrations in the air. She just wanted to get away from these dragons, she just wanted to be alone. Suddenly, she felt a break in the grass and an unfamiliar presence behind her. She froze, turning her head slightly, risking a look.
Behind her stood very scary and VERY spiky dragon with a bag full of her worst nightmares.
The poor frightened hatchling could do nothing but scream, so scream she did, and quite loudly too.
The hatchling kept backing up into the grass, further and further, paying no attention to the strange sounds and vibrations in the air. She just wanted to get away from these dragons, she just wanted to be alone. Suddenly, she felt a break in the grass and an unfamiliar presence behind her. She froze, turning her head slightly, risking a look.
Behind her stood very scary and VERY spiky dragon with a bag full of her worst nightmares.
The poor frightened hatchling could do nothing but scream, so scream she did, and quite loudly too.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
((Sunnycat4 I didn't notice anything, though something very similar to that happens when I write on my own programs. Usually it's just because I hit the Insert key on my keyboard?? xD))

"Watch the hatchling, would you?" Allaiyn said to the snow-white Imperial, bobbing her head at him quickly and not bothering to wait for a response. The whole situation with the little dragon made her uncomfortable. She didn't want to be responsible for the little thing--who knew what might happen to it if it hung around with her? 'Allaiyn the Misfortuned' she should just start calling herself.

The dragoness spread her wings, doing a bit of an awkward half-run, half-glide over to the downed Imperial male. He seemed to be in a great deal of pain, trying to stand and collapsing again.

"Are you alright?" Allaiyn panted, finally getting within earshot. She skidded to a stop, noticing the Tigerblood Foo pinned beneath the injured dragon's tail. She also noted the clawmarks besmirching his colored wings and grey-brown scales; perhaps the Foo had caused his sudden fall. She'd had her fair share of fights with the feline beasts and knew they could cause a good amount of damage.

"Hey, say something," Allaiyn persisted, daring to come closer. By the ancients, what will I do if he's dead? Where did all these other dragons come from, anyway?

Still receiving no response, she lowered her dark head to peer at the Imperial male's face, apparently scrunched up in pain. Her shadow blocked the light from the rising sun behind her, and she couldn't quite tell if he had his eyes open or not.

((Sunnycat4 I didn't notice anything, though something very similar to that happens when I write on my own programs. Usually it's just because I hit the Insert key on my keyboard?? xD))

"Watch the hatchling, would you?" Allaiyn said to the snow-white Imperial, bobbing her head at him quickly and not bothering to wait for a response. The whole situation with the little dragon made her uncomfortable. She didn't want to be responsible for the little thing--who knew what might happen to it if it hung around with her? 'Allaiyn the Misfortuned' she should just start calling herself.

The dragoness spread her wings, doing a bit of an awkward half-run, half-glide over to the downed Imperial male. He seemed to be in a great deal of pain, trying to stand and collapsing again.

"Are you alright?" Allaiyn panted, finally getting within earshot. She skidded to a stop, noticing the Tigerblood Foo pinned beneath the injured dragon's tail. She also noted the clawmarks besmirching his colored wings and grey-brown scales; perhaps the Foo had caused his sudden fall. She'd had her fair share of fights with the feline beasts and knew they could cause a good amount of damage.

"Hey, say something," Allaiyn persisted, daring to come closer. By the ancients, what will I do if he's dead? Where did all these other dragons come from, anyway?

Still receiving no response, she lowered her dark head to peer at the Imperial male's face, apparently scrunched up in pain. Her shadow blocked the light from the rising sun behind her, and she couldn't quite tell if he had his eyes open or not.

(Here's a bit of lore on him for you so you know what he looks like. He's my main clan builder/constructer so he's strong and muscled. Currently he has large scabbing wounds from another Imperial's claws and teeth(clan drama) and thanks to him actually being raised by his birth clan, most of my dragons are not as they are bought at a young age, he has picked up some practices from them, such as putting little braids in his hair so he has those.)

Celes opened his eyes at the sudden loss of light on his eyelids. Who was this dark stranger with blue eyes staring at him and speaking with concern? He breathed out a huff of air, kicking up another puff of sand.

He let out a low groan, and spoke. "I didn't crash on anyone did I?" He had a faint accent, one from his clan's language, and his speech was slightly rough and gravely from all the inhaled sand.

He shifted his other arm, the undamaged one on his right and slowly began to brace himself on it, being careful to slowly put weight on it to prevent further pain. He began to slowly lift himself from the sand.
(Here's a bit of lore on him for you so you know what he looks like. He's my main clan builder/constructer so he's strong and muscled. Currently he has large scabbing wounds from another Imperial's claws and teeth(clan drama) and thanks to him actually being raised by his birth clan, most of my dragons are not as they are bought at a young age, he has picked up some practices from them, such as putting little braids in his hair so he has those.)

Celes opened his eyes at the sudden loss of light on his eyelids. Who was this dark stranger with blue eyes staring at him and speaking with concern? He breathed out a huff of air, kicking up another puff of sand.

He let out a low groan, and spoke. "I didn't crash on anyone did I?" He had a faint accent, one from his clan's language, and his speech was slightly rough and gravely from all the inhaled sand.

He shifted his other arm, the undamaged one on his right and slowly began to brace himself on it, being careful to slowly put weight on it to prevent further pain. He began to slowly lift himself from the sand.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt
Enjoy Sky Blue
Ivar nodded reluctantly. He had a bad history with kids, and he doubted that was going to change now, but someone had to take care of the hatchling. He turned, searching through the grass for the vibrantly colored imperial.

"Hello?" He said, "I don't know where you've gone, but, um, there's nothing to be afraid of. You really shouldn't wander off by yourself, you know-"

The hatchling's scream cut Ivar off, surprising him enough that he nearly fell over. He pinpointed the sound- she was right in front of him. He really should have been able to find her, but he supposed that he was just a little out of it today. He pushed forward, through the grass-

And stopped. He had found the hatchling, alright, but he had found something else too. Standing before him was a new person, a spiky, intimidating dragon dressed in all black. Ivar narrowed his eyes. "Oh- hello, there- who are you, if you don't mind me asking?"
Ivar nodded reluctantly. He had a bad history with kids, and he doubted that was going to change now, but someone had to take care of the hatchling. He turned, searching through the grass for the vibrantly colored imperial.

"Hello?" He said, "I don't know where you've gone, but, um, there's nothing to be afraid of. You really shouldn't wander off by yourself, you know-"

The hatchling's scream cut Ivar off, surprising him enough that he nearly fell over. He pinpointed the sound- she was right in front of him. He really should have been able to find her, but he supposed that he was just a little out of it today. He pushed forward, through the grass-

And stopped. He had found the hatchling, alright, but he had found something else too. Standing before him was a new person, a spiky, intimidating dragon dressed in all black. Ivar narrowed his eyes. "Oh- hello, there- who are you, if you don't mind me asking?"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12