Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Seaclan .:Brave & Intelligent.: (OPEN)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Mothpaw|Apprentice|7 moons|Interacting with Darkshadow

Mothpaw nodded slightly as Darkshadow changed the subject. Training would probably help him keep his mind off the subject, or at least help him focus a bit. Thinking about past conflicts and shadowy travellers may be interesting, but it wouldn't help his duty to feed his clanmates. He could think about it later. "You said you were going to show me how to steal sea-bird eggs?" The small tom prompted, trying his best to sound enthusiastic, but not being able to hide the small tremor in his voice from worry of the story he had just heard.

Mothpaw nodded slightly as Darkshadow changed the subject. Training would probably help him keep his mind off the subject, or at least help him focus a bit. Thinking about past conflicts and shadowy travellers may be interesting, but it wouldn't help his duty to feed his clanmates. He could think about it later. "You said you were going to show me how to steal sea-bird eggs?" The small tom prompted, trying his best to sound enthusiastic, but not being able to hide the small tremor in his voice from worry of the story he had just heard.
Darkshadow | Warrior | 32 moons | Interacting with Mothpaw (@Pistachiows)

Darkshadow nodded, forcing himself to smile at the young apprentice, "Yes, come with me," he meowed flatly, his mind not yet off of Sol. The jet black tom flicked his long tail towards the edge of the cliffside further down where a large group of albatrosses could be seen dotting the cliffside. The black and white birds were squawking loudly, unaware of the presence of the cats..yet.

He narrowed his green eyes, and took a pace forward, signalling with his tail to follow. "Those are albatrosses, they can be a bit nasty," he murmured quietly to the apprentice, adding, "When we get closer, listen to my directions closely."

Darkshadow nodded, forcing himself to smile at the young apprentice, "Yes, come with me," he meowed flatly, his mind not yet off of Sol. The jet black tom flicked his long tail towards the edge of the cliffside further down where a large group of albatrosses could be seen dotting the cliffside. The black and white birds were squawking loudly, unaware of the presence of the cats..yet.

He narrowed his green eyes, and took a pace forward, signalling with his tail to follow. "Those are albatrosses, they can be a bit nasty," he murmured quietly to the apprentice, adding, "When we get closer, listen to my directions closely."

iAOqFOM.png

Mothpaw padded after his mentor, making sure to stay close. The birds did look like they could be nasty, with their hooked beaks and large size. They could probably carry off a small cat, or at least knock them off a cliff. The apprentice shuddered slightly and took a step closer to the dark tom. Still, the large eggs looked delicious, and his clanmates would certainly appreciate it if he managed to bring something back. The apprentice twitched his whiskers and crouched down slightly as the pair grew nearer to the nests. "What should I do?" he whispered, turning to look at his mentor.

Mothpaw padded after his mentor, making sure to stay close. The birds did look like they could be nasty, with their hooked beaks and large size. They could probably carry off a small cat, or at least knock them off a cliff. The apprentice shuddered slightly and took a step closer to the dark tom. Still, the large eggs looked delicious, and his clanmates would certainly appreciate it if he managed to bring something back. The apprentice twitched his whiskers and crouched down slightly as the pair grew nearer to the nests. "What should I do?" he whispered, turning to look at his mentor.

Darkshadow's ear twitched as he crept closer to the large sea-birds, his green gaze fixed intently on the nesting birds. "I'll distract while you you grab hold of the egg," he whispered to his apprentice, pointing with his tail at an albatross near the top of the cliff that was further away from the others, it's black beady eyes staring at the ocean.

Darkshadow's ear twitched as he crept closer to the large sea-birds, his green gaze fixed intently on the nesting birds. "I'll distract while you you grab hold of the egg," he whispered to his apprentice, pointing with his tail at an albatross near the top of the cliff that was further away from the others, it's black beady eyes staring at the ocean.
iAOqFOM.png
((Sourgrapes and I agreed that I would handle the rest of Owlshade’s kitting. I took the liberty of deciding what the kits look like, in part because I think I’d like to take the surviving kit for myself. If that's approved I’ll be writing a second post where she’s officially named Snowkit.
Also, its interesting that the date you had Sol visit Seaclan is roughly when I had assumed Amberbriar passed. It would have shaken the clan even more if they lost a spiritual leader during the revolt.))

Larkshadow | medicine cat | 60 moons | Interacting with- Owlshade, Gullfeather, new kits

The next hour was hard for Larkshadow, and even harder for Owlshade. The queen may have been in labor, but the kits didn't seem to agree with her that it was time. It was hardly the first litter she had delivered in early new leaf, but it was always a chancy time, the kits at their most vulnerable right when the clan was at its hungriest.

The first kit wasn't breathing at all. Gullfeather left his mate’s side to see it, a fluffy gray ball like himself, only to receive bad news. He had looked aghast at her and started to open his mouth, but Larkshadow shook her head. Don’t tell her yet. She needs her strength, and so do her remaining kits. The tom seemed to understand from the look they shared. He returned to his place when his mate gave a great moan and didn't return for the next kits. Perhaps he didn't want to know.

Thank Starclan, the second kit showed more promise. It gave a thin wail as Larkshadow began to lick it, and the medicine cat held back a pur when a minute paw hit her in the nose. The kit was tiny, small enough to be called a runt in a different litter, but at least there was some vitality.

Vitality the third, final kit lacked. Larkshadow’s heart sank from the heights the second kit had raised. He was breathing, but only shallowly, and his breaths got no stronger from licking. Her instincts told her he wouldn't last the night. And he would have been beautiful! Dusky gray fur with deeper seal points- the perfect mix of his parents. She watched the movement in his chest fade to almost nothing, already preparing to join Starclan.

Only one apprentice for the clan.

“I’m so sorry, Owlshade.” The medicine cat mewed. She picked up the singular runt and brought it to the queen’s belly to nurse. Gullfeather’s eyes swelled with hope in seeing that one of his children had made it, with the mother curled protectively around it, taking the news in numb silence. Larkshadow took a step back from the new family- it seemed the best thing she could do. Pale and creamy-colored, the last she-kit had stood out from her late littermates like snow on bare rock. Her points, as she had indeed inherited her mother’s exotic coloring, were the softest gray, little dove gray, the sort of gray the sky made when the sun rose onto a rainy day.

Owlshade could call her only daughter whatever she liked, but Larkshadow already knew what she would have named the kit. Snowkit, in memory of the harsh leaf-bare storms she survived.
((Sourgrapes and I agreed that I would handle the rest of Owlshade’s kitting. I took the liberty of deciding what the kits look like, in part because I think I’d like to take the surviving kit for myself. If that's approved I’ll be writing a second post where she’s officially named Snowkit.
Also, its interesting that the date you had Sol visit Seaclan is roughly when I had assumed Amberbriar passed. It would have shaken the clan even more if they lost a spiritual leader during the revolt.))

Larkshadow | medicine cat | 60 moons | Interacting with- Owlshade, Gullfeather, new kits

The next hour was hard for Larkshadow, and even harder for Owlshade. The queen may have been in labor, but the kits didn't seem to agree with her that it was time. It was hardly the first litter she had delivered in early new leaf, but it was always a chancy time, the kits at their most vulnerable right when the clan was at its hungriest.

The first kit wasn't breathing at all. Gullfeather left his mate’s side to see it, a fluffy gray ball like himself, only to receive bad news. He had looked aghast at her and started to open his mouth, but Larkshadow shook her head. Don’t tell her yet. She needs her strength, and so do her remaining kits. The tom seemed to understand from the look they shared. He returned to his place when his mate gave a great moan and didn't return for the next kits. Perhaps he didn't want to know.

Thank Starclan, the second kit showed more promise. It gave a thin wail as Larkshadow began to lick it, and the medicine cat held back a pur when a minute paw hit her in the nose. The kit was tiny, small enough to be called a runt in a different litter, but at least there was some vitality.

Vitality the third, final kit lacked. Larkshadow’s heart sank from the heights the second kit had raised. He was breathing, but only shallowly, and his breaths got no stronger from licking. Her instincts told her he wouldn't last the night. And he would have been beautiful! Dusky gray fur with deeper seal points- the perfect mix of his parents. She watched the movement in his chest fade to almost nothing, already preparing to join Starclan.

Only one apprentice for the clan.

“I’m so sorry, Owlshade.” The medicine cat mewed. She picked up the singular runt and brought it to the queen’s belly to nurse. Gullfeather’s eyes swelled with hope in seeing that one of his children had made it, with the mother curled protectively around it, taking the news in numb silence. Larkshadow took a step back from the new family- it seemed the best thing she could do. Pale and creamy-colored, the last she-kit had stood out from her late littermates like snow on bare rock. Her points, as she had indeed inherited her mother’s exotic coloring, were the softest gray, little dove gray, the sort of gray the sky made when the sun rose onto a rainy day.

Owlshade could call her only daughter whatever she liked, but Larkshadow already knew what she would have named the kit. Snowkit, in memory of the harsh leaf-bare storms she survived.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
Silvermist||Warrior||Hunting||Interacting with: Ivybreeze

Silvermist nodded, padding lightly across the sand, keeping slow in case she spotted something. She shivered slightly as the water lapped at her paws while she wadded deeper into the water until it was up to her shoulders. "Let me know if you see anything.", she whispered, her voice sounding faraway as she focused on the world around her. The water took little time to soak the she-cat's pelt, since it wasn't as sleek at many of the other's fur.
Silvermist||Warrior||Hunting||Interacting with: Ivybreeze

Silvermist nodded, padding lightly across the sand, keeping slow in case she spotted something. She shivered slightly as the water lapped at her paws while she wadded deeper into the water until it was up to her shoulders. "Let me know if you see anything.", she whispered, her voice sounding faraway as she focused on the world around her. The water took little time to soak the she-cat's pelt, since it wasn't as sleek at many of the other's fur.

Mothpaw scanned the terrain, then turned and nodded at Darkshadow with a determined glint in his eyes. The young apprentice took a few deep breaths, then dug his claws into the ground. "I'm ready when you are," he murmured, as he slinked closer to the nest.

Mothpaw scanned the terrain, then turned and nodded at Darkshadow with a determined glint in his eyes. The young apprentice took a few deep breaths, then dug his claws into the ground. "I'm ready when you are," he murmured, as he slinked closer to the nest.
(@thewarywatcher13: Of course! You may take Snowkit :)
That would be a good addition to the story having Amberbriar having had passed during the revolt.)

Ivybreeze | Warrior | 15 moons | Interacting with Silvermist

Ivybreeze skipped across the sandy shore, her paws throwing up sand as she bounded towards the sea, the water a refreshing relief as she waded out into the sea, the water gliding off her pelt as she padded further out. When she was next to the she-cat, the gray tabby dipped her entire body in the water and pressed herself against the sea-floor, using her hindlegs to dig up mud which she then used to cover her fur.

Her nose was wrinkled in disgust, though she knew the white on her pelt would pop out to prey.

Darkshadow | Warrior | 32 moons | Interacting with Mothpaw

"One...two..three, go!" the black tom rushed forward surprisingly fast towards the large nesting bird, his paws light on the ground and not making a single sound as he bounded over to the bird, balancing precariously on the side of the cliff as he hissed at the large bird.

The albatross pointed it's sharp beak towards him, it's beady eyes fixated on his. The tom held his ground, claws deeply embedded a cleft along the cliff. The albatross was bigger than him, and stretched out it's wings much to the tom's horror. It may have been something the tom had done several times, though he could never prepare himself for the gaping wingspan of the albatross, which was a couple fox-lengths across. The albatross flew his way, ready to attack him with it's hooked talons.

Darkshadow waved his tail towards the exposed egg before jumping up onto the flattened cliff top, fluffing his fur out to appear bigger as he yowled at the bird,"Come and get me, fish-breath!"

(@thewarywatcher13: Of course! You may take Snowkit :)
That would be a good addition to the story having Amberbriar having had passed during the revolt.)

Ivybreeze | Warrior | 15 moons | Interacting with Silvermist

Ivybreeze skipped across the sandy shore, her paws throwing up sand as she bounded towards the sea, the water a refreshing relief as she waded out into the sea, the water gliding off her pelt as she padded further out. When she was next to the she-cat, the gray tabby dipped her entire body in the water and pressed herself against the sea-floor, using her hindlegs to dig up mud which she then used to cover her fur.

Her nose was wrinkled in disgust, though she knew the white on her pelt would pop out to prey.

Darkshadow | Warrior | 32 moons | Interacting with Mothpaw

"One...two..three, go!" the black tom rushed forward surprisingly fast towards the large nesting bird, his paws light on the ground and not making a single sound as he bounded over to the bird, balancing precariously on the side of the cliff as he hissed at the large bird.

The albatross pointed it's sharp beak towards him, it's beady eyes fixated on his. The tom held his ground, claws deeply embedded a cleft along the cliff. The albatross was bigger than him, and stretched out it's wings much to the tom's horror. It may have been something the tom had done several times, though he could never prepare himself for the gaping wingspan of the albatross, which was a couple fox-lengths across. The albatross flew his way, ready to attack him with it's hooked talons.

Darkshadow waved his tail towards the exposed egg before jumping up onto the flattened cliff top, fluffing his fur out to appear bigger as he yowled at the bird,"Come and get me, fish-breath!"

iAOqFOM.png

Mothpaw watched with shock as Darkshadow taunted the huge bird. With its wings spread out, it looked huge, like a monster. He snapped out of it once he saw his mentor wave his tail towards the vulnerable nest and began to run towards it, making sure he was low to the ground and making as little noise as possible. The last thing he wanted was to alert the monstrous sea-bird to his presence. Once he had reached the nest, he gently pawed at the egg, pushing it to the side, and scooped it up with his paws. He placed his jaws around it, careful to not place too much pressure on the brittle shell. As soon as he made sure it was secure in his mouth, he waved his tail towards his mentor, signalling he had it, and bolted away from the nest. He fled behind a large rock, out of view of the angry albatross, and placed the large egg in a dip on the ground.

Mothpaw watched with shock as Darkshadow taunted the huge bird. With its wings spread out, it looked huge, like a monster. He snapped out of it once he saw his mentor wave his tail towards the vulnerable nest and began to run towards it, making sure he was low to the ground and making as little noise as possible. The last thing he wanted was to alert the monstrous sea-bird to his presence. Once he had reached the nest, he gently pawed at the egg, pushing it to the side, and scooped it up with his paws. He placed his jaws around it, careful to not place too much pressure on the brittle shell. As soon as he made sure it was secure in his mouth, he waved his tail towards his mentor, signalling he had it, and bolted away from the nest. He fled behind a large rock, out of view of the angry albatross, and placed the large egg in a dip on the ground.
Silvermist||Warrior||Hunting||Interacting with Ivybreeze

Silvermist did the same as she noticed a few larger fish only a fox-length away. She let out a quiet hiss to alert Ivybreeze, jerking her nose in the fish's direction before slowly and quietly making her way forward. The weight of her thick fur seemed to melt away as the sand covered she-cat swam forward, narrowing her eyes and not saying a word.

Speckledpaw||Medicine cat apprentice||Clan Camp|| Interacting with: Nobody.

The tom made his way to the prey pile, his soft paws brushing against the ground as he moved. Speckledpaw bent down to sniff the tuna, using his claws to tear of a chunk or two for himself, leaving the rest for someone hungrier. He sat down a little ways away from the warrior's den, quietly eating.
Silvermist||Warrior||Hunting||Interacting with Ivybreeze

Silvermist did the same as she noticed a few larger fish only a fox-length away. She let out a quiet hiss to alert Ivybreeze, jerking her nose in the fish's direction before slowly and quietly making her way forward. The weight of her thick fur seemed to melt away as the sand covered she-cat swam forward, narrowing her eyes and not saying a word.

Speckledpaw||Medicine cat apprentice||Clan Camp|| Interacting with: Nobody.

The tom made his way to the prey pile, his soft paws brushing against the ground as he moved. Speckledpaw bent down to sniff the tuna, using his claws to tear of a chunk or two for himself, leaving the rest for someone hungrier. He sat down a little ways away from the warrior's den, quietly eating.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15