Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Closed RP] Stories of Yonder: IC
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 49 50
@Strawberrium

"Hmm, what do you have?" He follows. "Do you have any tomes? Bugs?" He tilts his head and puts the hood back on.
@Strawberrium

"Hmm, what do you have?" He follows. "Do you have any tomes? Bugs?" He tilts his head and puts the hood back on.
@zephyurs
Ailean gestured to the hut built on a shaded corner of the square where the five mirrors bartered their wares. Each shouting their prices to passersby and snatching bags of treasure from dragons purchasing various odds and ends.
"We have bugs, lots of them. Found some arcane books at the Focal Point in abandoned lairs. That squid seemed to like them so they must have some value, magical or price."
Ailean snapped at the mirror behind the stand handling fish stacked on a bed of ice. Her mane was absolutely drenched and tangled in kelp, she dangled a large fish by the tail above her mouth only to freeze when she heard Ailean's voice crack out. She swallowed the thing whole as she was instructed not to eat the merchandise.
@zephyurs
Ailean gestured to the hut built on a shaded corner of the square where the five mirrors bartered their wares. Each shouting their prices to passersby and snatching bags of treasure from dragons purchasing various odds and ends.
"We have bugs, lots of them. Found some arcane books at the Focal Point in abandoned lairs. That squid seemed to like them so they must have some value, magical or price."
Ailean snapped at the mirror behind the stand handling fish stacked on a bed of ice. Her mane was absolutely drenched and tangled in kelp, she dangled a large fish by the tail above her mouth only to freeze when she heard Ailean's voice crack out. She swallowed the thing whole as she was instructed not to eat the merchandise.
@Strawberrium

He mumbles something inaudible and guides himself to the tomes. "The squid might be right in magics. These would have no real value to any other dragon, since it is only enchanted by Arcanist's sibyls." He grabs one and opens it. "Can you read it, Ailean?"
@Strawberrium

He mumbles something inaudible and guides himself to the tomes. "The squid might be right in magics. These would have no real value to any other dragon, since it is only enchanted by Arcanist's sibyls." He grabs one and opens it. "Can you read it, Ailean?"
@zephyurs
Ailean picks up the book and struggles to make out the magic symbols written inside. They feel like a foreign language to him.
"Can't say I can. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Tage probably wouldnt know either despite being Arcane, on account of how young she is. Thing probably never even learned how to use magic yet.."

He held out the book to the Fallout Streak
@zephyurs
Ailean picks up the book and struggles to make out the magic symbols written inside. They feel like a foreign language to him.
"Can't say I can. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Tage probably wouldnt know either despite being Arcane, on account of how young she is. Thing probably never even learned how to use magic yet.."

He held out the book to the Fallout Streak
@Strawberrium

"Actually, the writing is easy. It's all written in our language, yes. but to the young mirror, it'll show up as any normal thing she would read." The Tundra grabs the book. "I appreciate that you placed it in front of the Streak, but theres no need. The writing will adapt to what the user can do. It's lovely, isn't it?"
@Strawberrium

"Actually, the writing is easy. It's all written in our language, yes. but to the young mirror, it'll show up as any normal thing she would read." The Tundra grabs the book. "I appreciate that you placed it in front of the Streak, but theres no need. The writing will adapt to what the user can do. It's lovely, isn't it?"
@zephyurs
Ailean scratched the back of his neck and sheepishly smiled.
"That explains why they looked like any ordinary book to us. Here I thought back home in lightning was something, but arcsne has pretty neat stuff of their own."

He stretched his neck out and called to the young mirror tugging at a cloth banister above the stand.
"Tage! I got something to show you."

The arcane squid twirled over to Calamity and the book while Tage hopped up to her feet with a pout and huff.
She bobbed her head around the tundra in joyous curiosity.
@zephyurs
Ailean scratched the back of his neck and sheepishly smiled.
"That explains why they looked like any ordinary book to us. Here I thought back home in lightning was something, but arcsne has pretty neat stuff of their own."

He stretched his neck out and called to the young mirror tugging at a cloth banister above the stand.
"Tage! I got something to show you."

The arcane squid twirled over to Calamity and the book while Tage hopped up to her feet with a pout and huff.
She bobbed her head around the tundra in joyous curiosity.
@Strawberrium

He moves the bird closer to the young Mirror. "Can you read this, Tage?" He hands her the book. "Tell me what you see." He grows more in interest. This was exciting! Another Arcane, and it was true, no other dragon can see what the Arcanes write.
@Strawberrium

He moves the bird closer to the young Mirror. "Can you read this, Tage?" He hands her the book. "Tell me what you see." He grows more in interest. This was exciting! Another Arcane, and it was true, no other dragon can see what the Arcanes write.
@zephyurs
The young mirror squinted at the pages and runes burned themselves into the page. Magic circles spun like gears snd cranked out ancient letters that she instinctially knew what they meant. Every inscription felt natural to her and felt like musical notes breezing through her skull. The spirit let out a cry, resembling that of distorted chimes that echoed across the plaza. Every arcane dragon in the city could hear its call. The call of the cosmos eminating from this squid rang out in orchestral harmony while the insignia of the Arcanist etched itself into the air above Tage's forehead visible to every dragon.

Tage studied the contents and flipped through page after page of arcane knowledge.
"I can read these runes. I know what they mean, they're talking about the Observatory and the Focal Point it resides in. How the energies have become stonger with each erupting crystalspine that grows every day.."
The mirror looked up at the tundra woth her emblem now glowing bright pink.

"Do you hear music? I've heard it since I hatched."
@zephyurs
The young mirror squinted at the pages and runes burned themselves into the page. Magic circles spun like gears snd cranked out ancient letters that she instinctially knew what they meant. Every inscription felt natural to her and felt like musical notes breezing through her skull. The spirit let out a cry, resembling that of distorted chimes that echoed across the plaza. Every arcane dragon in the city could hear its call. The call of the cosmos eminating from this squid rang out in orchestral harmony while the insignia of the Arcanist etched itself into the air above Tage's forehead visible to every dragon.

Tage studied the contents and flipped through page after page of arcane knowledge.
"I can read these runes. I know what they mean, they're talking about the Observatory and the Focal Point it resides in. How the energies have become stonger with each erupting crystalspine that grows every day.."
The mirror looked up at the tundra woth her emblem now glowing bright pink.

"Do you hear music? I've heard it since I hatched."
@Strawberrium

He closes his eyes and smiles for the first time in a long, long time. "Yes, I do. I know it hatched. I am one with the planet, the stars, and the moon. I watch everything. I hear everything." He puts the book under his wings. "But," He grabs the squid. "No other Arcane dragon must know, do you hear me? Repeat what I said." He mumbles.
@Strawberrium

He closes his eyes and smiles for the first time in a long, long time. "Yes, I do. I know it hatched. I am one with the planet, the stars, and the moon. I watch everything. I hear everything." He puts the book under his wings. "But," He grabs the squid. "No other Arcane dragon must know, do you hear me? Repeat what I said." He mumbles.
@Zephyurs
The emblem fizzled out as Tage's concentration broke and a splitting headache railed through her head.
"No other Arcane dragon must know..."
Ailean leaned into Tage and scooped her up onto his back as she curled up between his wings.
His stone expression crumbled away into a much softer face as he leaned in closer towards Calamity

"Is she alright? What did that book do to her?"
@Zephyurs
The emblem fizzled out as Tage's concentration broke and a splitting headache railed through her head.
"No other Arcane dragon must know..."
Ailean leaned into Tage and scooped her up onto his back as she curled up between his wings.
His stone expression crumbled away into a much softer face as he leaned in closer towards Calamity

"Is she alright? What did that book do to her?"
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 49 50