Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Closed RP] Stories of Yonder: IC
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 49 50
@Strawberrium @Zeppy

"Nicholas is a good ruler," Sandstone replies as she gently bottles a vial of the simmering black brew, "for her carries a heart devoted and truer. You meant no harm in your good craft, and Nicholas is not fooling or daft. His gentleman heart is kind and forgiving, no need to fear, he will be understanding."

The Bogsneak grins as she places the goal in Delia's claws. She folds the Wildclaw's hand around the precious item. "Now quickly, this brew he must drink, and the results should fair much better than we think. His body breaks and his mind is stuck, go and set it free, good luck!"

"The 'eggs story?'" Nicholas is terribly confused, but he's too polite to ask for help in understanding. He does his best to follow along with the story. "Your library sounds magnificent! Epsilon would be thrilled to browse such an archive. I myself would love to see what records and history is kept there."

His heart aches for Hypnos. The Pearlcatcher grows sorrowful, mourning the love of a forgotten daughter, as the scene around them changes. Nicholas hurries to his feet, nervous, as the world crumbles into darkness and nightmares. His eyes flash and grow narrow in fear.
@Strawberrium @Zeppy

"Nicholas is a good ruler," Sandstone replies as she gently bottles a vial of the simmering black brew, "for her carries a heart devoted and truer. You meant no harm in your good craft, and Nicholas is not fooling or daft. His gentleman heart is kind and forgiving, no need to fear, he will be understanding."

The Bogsneak grins as she places the goal in Delia's claws. She folds the Wildclaw's hand around the precious item. "Now quickly, this brew he must drink, and the results should fair much better than we think. His body breaks and his mind is stuck, go and set it free, good luck!"

"The 'eggs story?'" Nicholas is terribly confused, but he's too polite to ask for help in understanding. He does his best to follow along with the story. "Your library sounds magnificent! Epsilon would be thrilled to browse such an archive. I myself would love to see what records and history is kept there."

His heart aches for Hypnos. The Pearlcatcher grows sorrowful, mourning the love of a forgotten daughter, as the scene around them changes. Nicholas hurries to his feet, nervous, as the world crumbles into darkness and nightmares. His eyes flash and grow narrow in fear.

FR +3
She|Her
hai_by_pommeple-d8ddymp.png
@Snoopsnip @Strawberrium

He lifts his head up and looks around. "S-Sorry." He murmurs and snaps his fingers. They're in the library now. The whole area was made of fine, golden wood. There was 4 balconies filled with shelved books. A large window shows off the world. They were in the tallest mountains. "This.. this is more peaceful." He whispers and lifts the human up onto his head. Articats like swords, strange orbs, and strange objects float on gray marble pedestals. Everything had an amber tone.

"This would be the library." He murmurs. "I read all 7.9 billion books, so.. I think you would be able to read them too. They're all about the Gods and what they done or short stories. Some are legends and some will come true." He suddenly sets the human down and turns human himself. "Can't be a dragon in here, that's a rule. Us dragons are eight times larger than a regular one. We'd knock everything over." He stretches and fixes his hair into a bun.
@Snoopsnip @Strawberrium

He lifts his head up and looks around. "S-Sorry." He murmurs and snaps his fingers. They're in the library now. The whole area was made of fine, golden wood. There was 4 balconies filled with shelved books. A large window shows off the world. They were in the tallest mountains. "This.. this is more peaceful." He whispers and lifts the human up onto his head. Articats like swords, strange orbs, and strange objects float on gray marble pedestals. Everything had an amber tone.

"This would be the library." He murmurs. "I read all 7.9 billion books, so.. I think you would be able to read them too. They're all about the Gods and what they done or short stories. Some are legends and some will come true." He suddenly sets the human down and turns human himself. "Can't be a dragon in here, that's a rule. Us dragons are eight times larger than a regular one. We'd knock everything over." He stretches and fixes his hair into a bun.
@snoopsnip @zeppy
Delia felt the weight of the vial burn in her grasp and looked up at Sandstone as her hands felt the warm glass walls against her palm. She nodded, and giggled. Her grim face warmed up into a wide splitting grin.
She bolted out to the door and shrieked for her nymph sitting at the edge of the cauldron, wiping forehead and slouched over. It jumped up to attention, stumbled past Sandstone's fins and spun around its patron smiling at the doorway.

"It'd be my pleasure to share the recipes I have gathered from my journeys across Plague's domain and beyond, some other time though. There is work to be done! Caraway!! Inform the others when they arrive!"

Caraway nodded and peered into the swirling black brew with intense green eyes.

"Make sure my wife doesn't stick her beak where it doesn't belong, she'll do anything and everything to learn about the world around her. A fine expert on all things toxic she is!"
Delia jumped up clutching the vial and giggled as she bolted out the door and through the marsh up to Nicholas.

"Wisp? Whats the matter? Its just wet moss...being in this swamp, i'm surprised the whole place hasn't rotted away." Maculatum's voice cracked out as he took up a lantern and held it at the door frame.
She shook her head and wiped her eyes to find the lake once oozing out black sludge was now a gentle pool of water illuminated by the mushrooms that grew along its banks. Even the dead trees that dotted the lake Wisp saw bubbling out with the black slime, now were just normal rotted out trees carrying brambles strangling its dead bark.
The eyes of the obscuring goblin slunk back into the patch of thorny vines, quietly snarling away into the dark.
Corona's deep voice rung out from inside the house. He craned his neck to Maculatum and shone a light over a pale white pearl that rolled along the grains of wood flooring and a tar trooper slarg that slunk back into the corner when the light exposed its murky skin.
"It seems, that your laboratory has bad a squatter in it for some time now..."

Corona sniffed around the room and quietly put a finger against his lips, looking up simultaneously to the wooden support beams.
@snoopsnip @zeppy
Delia felt the weight of the vial burn in her grasp and looked up at Sandstone as her hands felt the warm glass walls against her palm. She nodded, and giggled. Her grim face warmed up into a wide splitting grin.
She bolted out to the door and shrieked for her nymph sitting at the edge of the cauldron, wiping forehead and slouched over. It jumped up to attention, stumbled past Sandstone's fins and spun around its patron smiling at the doorway.

"It'd be my pleasure to share the recipes I have gathered from my journeys across Plague's domain and beyond, some other time though. There is work to be done! Caraway!! Inform the others when they arrive!"

Caraway nodded and peered into the swirling black brew with intense green eyes.

"Make sure my wife doesn't stick her beak where it doesn't belong, she'll do anything and everything to learn about the world around her. A fine expert on all things toxic she is!"
Delia jumped up clutching the vial and giggled as she bolted out the door and through the marsh up to Nicholas.

"Wisp? Whats the matter? Its just wet moss...being in this swamp, i'm surprised the whole place hasn't rotted away." Maculatum's voice cracked out as he took up a lantern and held it at the door frame.
She shook her head and wiped her eyes to find the lake once oozing out black sludge was now a gentle pool of water illuminated by the mushrooms that grew along its banks. Even the dead trees that dotted the lake Wisp saw bubbling out with the black slime, now were just normal rotted out trees carrying brambles strangling its dead bark.
The eyes of the obscuring goblin slunk back into the patch of thorny vines, quietly snarling away into the dark.
Corona's deep voice rung out from inside the house. He craned his neck to Maculatum and shone a light over a pale white pearl that rolled along the grains of wood flooring and a tar trooper slarg that slunk back into the corner when the light exposed its murky skin.
"It seems, that your laboratory has bad a squatter in it for some time now..."

Corona sniffed around the room and quietly put a finger against his lips, looking up simultaneously to the wooden support beams.
@Strawberrium @Zeppy

"You are welcome in my home whenever to brew," Sandstone promises with a gentle smile, "for I am truly glad to have a friend in you! Now, no more with me shall you delay, hurry along and complete your stay."

The Bogsneak follows the two dragons out of her home. She remains in the doorway, watching them off as they race along the old wooden walkways along her swamp. The Spirit of Light hops beside her large paw and the python curls around her broad neck. "The gods of fortune have finally spoken," she says to her beloved familiar, "finally, they share with us a token. No more shall we be locked in shadows, a loyalty to us this moment shows."

The large dragon turns from her door and returns to her cauldron. She monitors the progress and state of the current brew by the company of her creatures.

"What was that?" Nicholas asks as their scene once again changes. The suffocating memory of that darkness still sends a remnant shiver down his spine. However, as the scene settles into the library, the prince is soothed and filled with awe.

He feels like a child again, innocent and full of curiosity. "Seven point nine million...," he echoes as he peers into the shelves. "This is incredible...what even do so many books hold? What knowledge, what history, what stories? Oh, how I wish I could read them all...but, my people...," he grows quiet. He suddenly seems to fully comprehend his state. He's locked in a comatose while his people continue to suffer. "I need to wake up." He says, determined.
@Strawberrium @Zeppy

"You are welcome in my home whenever to brew," Sandstone promises with a gentle smile, "for I am truly glad to have a friend in you! Now, no more with me shall you delay, hurry along and complete your stay."

The Bogsneak follows the two dragons out of her home. She remains in the doorway, watching them off as they race along the old wooden walkways along her swamp. The Spirit of Light hops beside her large paw and the python curls around her broad neck. "The gods of fortune have finally spoken," she says to her beloved familiar, "finally, they share with us a token. No more shall we be locked in shadows, a loyalty to us this moment shows."

The large dragon turns from her door and returns to her cauldron. She monitors the progress and state of the current brew by the company of her creatures.

"What was that?" Nicholas asks as their scene once again changes. The suffocating memory of that darkness still sends a remnant shiver down his spine. However, as the scene settles into the library, the prince is soothed and filled with awe.

He feels like a child again, innocent and full of curiosity. "Seven point nine million...," he echoes as he peers into the shelves. "This is incredible...what even do so many books hold? What knowledge, what history, what stories? Oh, how I wish I could read them all...but, my people...," he grows quiet. He suddenly seems to fully comprehend his state. He's locked in a comatose while his people continue to suffer. "I need to wake up." He says, determined.

FR +3
She|Her
@Snoopsnip @Strawberrium

His face is hidden behind a mask. "I do not know how to get you out of your state." He murmurs and walks up to a section of books. "Maybe in one of these.. there's a way?" He murmurs and walks to the side, where the air is thick and the wood looks rotten. "Perhaps, the Land of Diseases and God of Despair can show us?" He sighs and beckons him over. "I lost all connection with dragons. If I switch to another dragon now, I'm going to die Nicholas."

He places his hands onto books and searches. His hands shake. "C-Could you look too?"
@Snoopsnip @Strawberrium

His face is hidden behind a mask. "I do not know how to get you out of your state." He murmurs and walks up to a section of books. "Maybe in one of these.. there's a way?" He murmurs and walks to the side, where the air is thick and the wood looks rotten. "Perhaps, the Land of Diseases and God of Despair can show us?" He sighs and beckons him over. "I lost all connection with dragons. If I switch to another dragon now, I'm going to die Nicholas."

He places his hands onto books and searches. His hands shake. "C-Could you look too?"
@snoopsnip @zeppy
Delia weaved through the stone streets of the kingdom effortlessly keeping her forward momentum hopping up staircases and off bricks, clutching the potion tight in her grasp.
"Nicholas!! Where is he? Important parcel coming through!"

Delia looked around for the guardian that had guided them into the city, to Sandstone's hut. Nothing. She ran up higher through the city, sending her nymph to check every crevice and crack. Whenever she stopped to look around she bounced up on her toes, never wasting a single moment to stand still.

@snoopsnip @zeppy
Delia weaved through the stone streets of the kingdom effortlessly keeping her forward momentum hopping up staircases and off bricks, clutching the potion tight in her grasp.
"Nicholas!! Where is he? Important parcel coming through!"

Delia looked around for the guardian that had guided them into the city, to Sandstone's hut. Nothing. She ran up higher through the city, sending her nymph to check every crevice and crack. Whenever she stopped to look around she bounced up on her toes, never wasting a single moment to stand still.

@Strawberrium @Zeppy The Valkyrie is summoned. She had returned to her tower and lay curled around the beacon at the very top. She lays resting. Her large, violet eyes are dim with the lowered sun as she watches the massive sea expand before her. She raises her massive head upon feeling a movement through the life of her city. She perks right up, however, when a blight nymph appears before her. It sings with crickets and chirps, coaxing her up and to arms. The shadow Arwyn casts as she soars to the city is huge. "Thou hast created a fuss," she chuckles as she lands on her heavy paws. Her shimmering wings catch the light as she folds them at her sides. "Hast thou perfected thine brew?" The one or two other dragons out and about grow curious. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191696&tab=dragon&did=42253133][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/422532/42253133.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=191696&tab=dragon&did=35082821][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/350829/35082821.png[/img][/url][/center] "What is the Valkyrie doing here from her tower?" Murmers a Pearlcatcher. Aurelleah, a mercenary who had been hired by Kai before the curse (she was caught in the crossfire and was cursed as well), had been out sweeping the streets to make sure all is safe for the night. With her is Jade, a friendly and joyful Wildclaw who specializes in alchemy. The two are often found with one another. They have very similar personalities and a strong friendship. "And who are [i]they[/i]?" Arwyn turns and slowly blinks. "Dear Aurelleah," she hums, "these good friends are from Yonder-," "-well, sure," the Pearlcatcher giggles, "anyone who isn't from here is from [i]out yonder[/i]-," "-Aurelleah, enough," the Guardian rumbles with an irritated growl. Aurelleah isn't afraid or intimidated. She seems all the more delighted that she's successfully gotten on the Valkyrie's generally composed nerves. "My name is Jade!" The Wildclaw pipes up as the other two dragons bicker back and forth. He approaches Delia. "You must have been with Sandstone. I'd recognize the chemical signature of the brew anywhere! You say you're looking for Nicholas...aren't we all! He left several weeks ago...and he never wrote as he promised. I'm afraid something may have happened to him-," "-if thou wouldst listen!" Arwyn huffs, "good Nicholas is in safe hands. Our friends from Yonder have brought him safely to us-," "-oh, Nicholas is home!?" Aurelleah chirps, clearly happy to hear this news. The Valkyrie grumbles and sighs deeply. "[i]Yes[/i]," she replies, "and thou art delaying us from his bed. Come, Delia! We must away. Our beloved prince is in bed. Suilil cares for him now." ----- "The land of diseases and god of dispair...," Nicholas echoes, wincing, "that...sounds promising? Fear not, good Hypnos. I will be more than happy to search, but what frightens me is your extent to help me. Don't kill yourself. Your wife and child depend on you. I depend on you." The prince takes the book from the god. "Go back to the waking world. I will be safe here." Nicholas promises with a gentle smile. "You have already done more than enough."
@Strawberrium @Zeppy

The Valkyrie is summoned. She had returned to her tower and lay curled around the beacon at the very top. She lays resting. Her large, violet eyes are dim with the lowered sun as she watches the massive sea expand before her. She raises her massive head upon feeling a movement through the life of her city. She perks right up, however, when a blight nymph appears before her. It sings with crickets and chirps, coaxing her up and to arms. The shadow Arwyn casts as she soars to the city is huge.

"Thou hast created a fuss," she chuckles as she lands on her heavy paws. Her shimmering wings catch the light as she folds them at her sides. "Hast thou perfected thine brew?" The one or two other dragons out and about grow curious.

42253133.png35082821.png

"What is the Valkyrie doing here from her tower?" Murmers a Pearlcatcher. Aurelleah, a mercenary who had been hired by Kai before the curse (she was caught in the crossfire and was cursed as well), had been out sweeping the streets to make sure all is safe for the night. With her is Jade, a friendly and joyful Wildclaw who specializes in alchemy. The two are often found with one another. They have very similar personalities and a strong friendship. "And who are they?"

Arwyn turns and slowly blinks. "Dear Aurelleah," she hums, "these good friends are from Yonder-,"

"-well, sure," the Pearlcatcher giggles, "anyone who isn't from here is from out yonder-,"

"-Aurelleah, enough," the Guardian rumbles with an irritated growl. Aurelleah isn't afraid or intimidated. She seems all the more delighted that she's successfully gotten on the Valkyrie's generally composed nerves.

"My name is Jade!" The Wildclaw pipes up as the other two dragons bicker back and forth. He approaches Delia. "You must have been with Sandstone. I'd recognize the chemical signature of the brew anywhere! You say you're looking for Nicholas...aren't we all! He left several weeks ago...and he never wrote as he promised. I'm afraid something may have happened to him-,"

"-if thou wouldst listen!" Arwyn huffs, "good Nicholas is in safe hands. Our friends from Yonder have brought him safely to us-,"

"-oh, Nicholas is home!?" Aurelleah chirps, clearly happy to hear this news. The Valkyrie grumbles and sighs deeply.

"Yes," she replies, "and thou art delaying us from his bed. Come, Delia! We must away. Our beloved prince is in bed. Suilil cares for him now."

"The land of diseases and god of dispair...," Nicholas echoes, wincing, "that...sounds promising? Fear not, good Hypnos. I will be more than happy to search, but what frightens me is your extent to help me. Don't kill yourself. Your wife and child depend on you. I depend on you."

The prince takes the book from the god. "Go back to the waking world. I will be safe here." Nicholas promises with a gentle smile. "You have already done more than enough."

FR +3
She|Her
@Zeppy @Strawberrium

(WRITING AURELLEAH AND ARWYN'S INTERACTIONS WAS A LOT OF FUN OMG)
(edit:: Zepp I named the boy you gave me Zephyr kinda in honor of u ;))
@Zeppy @Strawberrium

(WRITING AURELLEAH AND ARWYN'S INTERACTIONS WAS A LOT OF FUN OMG)
(edit:: Zepp I named the boy you gave me Zephyr kinda in honor of u ;))

FR +3
She|Her
@Snoopsnip @Strawberrium
(aw thank :)

"I'd rather stay here. It's quite lonely out there." He smiles underneath the mask. "Theres the Goddess of Cures, but unfortunately.. Nothing was recorded from her. She still exists today, but I doubt she'll help us. I don't trust other Gods." He murmurs. "I'm fine, just getting weaker. Not something totally new." He pulls out books and looks at it. "No. No, no no!" He cries out. "They're all blank!" He throws it onto the ground and peels off another, only to open it to another blank one. He continues this until he falls to his knees and buries his face into his hands.

"I'm such a terrible God. Maybe I should strain myself to the point of death." He rubs his eyes and looks up. "What am I saying? I'm dying already." He slowly looks over at Nicholas. "We're all going to die. We're going to, theres no point in finding hope anymore." He's already giving up.
@Snoopsnip @Strawberrium
(aw thank :)

"I'd rather stay here. It's quite lonely out there." He smiles underneath the mask. "Theres the Goddess of Cures, but unfortunately.. Nothing was recorded from her. She still exists today, but I doubt she'll help us. I don't trust other Gods." He murmurs. "I'm fine, just getting weaker. Not something totally new." He pulls out books and looks at it. "No. No, no no!" He cries out. "They're all blank!" He throws it onto the ground and peels off another, only to open it to another blank one. He continues this until he falls to his knees and buries his face into his hands.

"I'm such a terrible God. Maybe I should strain myself to the point of death." He rubs his eyes and looks up. "What am I saying? I'm dying already." He slowly looks over at Nicholas. "We're all going to die. We're going to, theres no point in finding hope anymore." He's already giving up.
@snoopsnip @zeppy
Delia nodded and bolted on ahead of Arwyn, bouncing up and around like a coiled spring. She smiled over to the guardian as she climbed up a wall and slipped into the crevice
"The brew should be perfected now, thanks to Sandstone's help. Quite the interesting roster you have going on here!"

She poked out of a window and slithered upwards.

"Our finest doctor should be arriving soon. He and the rest of us went to establish a new home in the Tangled Wood. You'll like him. Modest little thing, but full of heart. Scared of his own shadow I'll tell you!"
A laugh cracked out of her jaw as Delia hopped over to Arwyn, clutching the vial in her claws, constantly jumping side to side and wide-eyed.
@snoopsnip @zeppy
Delia nodded and bolted on ahead of Arwyn, bouncing up and around like a coiled spring. She smiled over to the guardian as she climbed up a wall and slipped into the crevice
"The brew should be perfected now, thanks to Sandstone's help. Quite the interesting roster you have going on here!"

She poked out of a window and slithered upwards.

"Our finest doctor should be arriving soon. He and the rest of us went to establish a new home in the Tangled Wood. You'll like him. Modest little thing, but full of heart. Scared of his own shadow I'll tell you!"
A laugh cracked out of her jaw as Delia hopped over to Arwyn, clutching the vial in her claws, constantly jumping side to side and wide-eyed.
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 49 50