Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (1x1) Wendigo Psychosis
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 64 65
The dark had never bothered Rohn. No, he was much more comfortable slinking in the shadows. But the prying feeling of eyes on his skin was unnerving indeed. Still, it was only a little while, and Iratha was sleeping soundly.

He scanned over the darkened snow, occasionally fanning the coals with his wings enough to keep them alive. The moaning of the wind continued as he listened for some sign.
The dark had never bothered Rohn. No, he was much more comfortable slinking in the shadows. But the prying feeling of eyes on his skin was unnerving indeed. Still, it was only a little while, and Iratha was sleeping soundly.

He scanned over the darkened snow, occasionally fanning the coals with his wings enough to keep them alive. The moaning of the wind continued as he listened for some sign.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The feeling of paranoia seeping into the atmosphere. It was no longer a feeling, he knew that something was watching him. The darkness around him seemed to be trying to swallow him in it's darkness.

He still couldn't see anything though.
The feeling of paranoia seeping into the atmosphere. It was no longer a feeling, he knew that something was watching him. The darkness around him seemed to be trying to swallow him in it's darkness.

He still couldn't see anything though.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
The skydancer fumbled in his belt, claws scraping across the pouches. There were two lights left, and one flare. He activated one, and held it in his cupped talons.

The torch-like glow illuminated their entire little shelter. The light reached just barely beyond the edge of the snow walls. The odd shadows cast by the branches and walls were an odd comfort, when only darkness had kept him company before.

The light would outlast his shift, glowing for a few hours. Comforted, he scanned around again.
The skydancer fumbled in his belt, claws scraping across the pouches. There were two lights left, and one flare. He activated one, and held it in his cupped talons.

The torch-like glow illuminated their entire little shelter. The light reached just barely beyond the edge of the snow walls. The odd shadows cast by the branches and walls were an odd comfort, when only darkness had kept him company before.

The light would outlast his shift, glowing for a few hours. Comforted, he scanned around again.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
They were there not 10 feet from him, 5 red orbs glowing dully. they were eye level meaning it was either massively tall and thin, or it was in a tree. Either way they were very close to Rohn.
They were there not 10 feet from him, 5 red orbs glowing dully. they were eye level meaning it was either massively tall and thin, or it was in a tree. Either way they were very close to Rohn.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
The skydancer froze, letting out a muffled squeak as he turned his head to see them. It was a wonder he hadn't noticed their glowing before, but perhaps they just reflected the light.

Being that it was inside the walls, and pretty obviously not standing in or next to the nearby fire, the skydancer could assume that he was sharing the tree with it. And he wanted to not be doing that as fast as was possible.

The nimble dragon dropped out of the tree, still clutching the light, and landed on his feet next to the fire. Remembering the tundra's words, he kept his gaze level with the top of the walls and let the prickling on the back of his neck tell him where the orbs were.

If they got any closer, he would have to sound the alarm. But without actually knowing what they were being stalked by, he had no idea if there was anything Iratha and Misery could do.
The skydancer froze, letting out a muffled squeak as he turned his head to see them. It was a wonder he hadn't noticed their glowing before, but perhaps they just reflected the light.

Being that it was inside the walls, and pretty obviously not standing in or next to the nearby fire, the skydancer could assume that he was sharing the tree with it. And he wanted to not be doing that as fast as was possible.

The nimble dragon dropped out of the tree, still clutching the light, and landed on his feet next to the fire. Remembering the tundra's words, he kept his gaze level with the top of the walls and let the prickling on the back of his neck tell him where the orbs were.

If they got any closer, he would have to sound the alarm. But without actually knowing what they were being stalked by, he had no idea if there was anything Iratha and Misery could do.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
Rhon's shift seemed to last an eternity. the entire time the feeling of being watched never left him. Then suddenly the feeling left. He heard nothing. But the feeling was gone.
Rhon's shift seemed to last an eternity. the entire time the feeling of being watched never left him. Then suddenly the feeling left. He heard nothing. But the feeling was gone.
Rohn was almost afraid to breathe for the rest of his watch, the feeling of eyes on his back making his fur stand on end.

It was an immense relief, then, when it went away. This was followed by a cold dread, not knowing where the owner of the eyes had gone. Rohn checked the sky to be sure that his shift was up, and then took one last look around the clearing before moving to wake the next dragon and pass on the warning.

He was very glad that Misery had the last watch.
Rohn was almost afraid to breathe for the rest of his watch, the feeling of eyes on his back making his fur stand on end.

It was an immense relief, then, when it went away. This was followed by a cold dread, not knowing where the owner of the eyes had gone. Rohn checked the sky to be sure that his shift was up, and then took one last look around the clearing before moving to wake the next dragon and pass on the warning.

He was very glad that Misery had the last watch.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The Dragon he woke was a gray and blue tundra. He took over without any complaints. Rohn managed sleep after a while.

Mizery was the first to wake up. The sun was starting into the sky. Looking around Mis spotted one of the dragons on the snow wall. It was a blue and grey tundra, Miz thought he was sleeping with his back to the group at first. Something wasn't right though. The tundra was alive as she could see him still breathing. Then she saw the rope securing the tundras legs together, and the cloth tied around his snout. The tundra was proper hogtied.

The Dragon he woke was a gray and blue tundra. He took over without any complaints. Rohn managed sleep after a while.

Mizery was the first to wake up. The sun was starting into the sky. Looking around Mis spotted one of the dragons on the snow wall. It was a blue and grey tundra, Miz thought he was sleeping with his back to the group at first. Something wasn't right though. The tundra was alive as she could see him still breathing. Then she saw the rope securing the tundras legs together, and the cloth tied around his snout. The tundra was proper hogtied.

Misery woke and immediately her spines stood on end. Her shift should have been the last hours of dark before the sunrise. Seeing the tied tundra, she rose quickly, her tail scraping along the side of the paladin's armor to wake her.

As Iratha lifted her head, and then sensing urgency the rest of her, Misery loped around to the part of the wall where the tundra had been draped. She figured that he had been the last on watch.

Her large claws made quick work of his binding, and as soon as he could speak again she leaned in close. "What happened?"
Misery woke and immediately her spines stood on end. Her shift should have been the last hours of dark before the sunrise. Seeing the tied tundra, she rose quickly, her tail scraping along the side of the paladin's armor to wake her.

As Iratha lifted her head, and then sensing urgency the rest of her, Misery loped around to the part of the wall where the tundra had been draped. She figured that he had been the last on watch.

Her large claws made quick work of his binding, and as soon as he could speak again she leaned in close. "What happened?"
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra was unresponsive at first, then he started coming to. He wasn't focusing on anything in particular. The First words out of his mouth were almost a shout. "It's on! it's on" He then focused in on irthas face and said in a woozy shout
" 'I gonna kill you, and I'll keep, killin' you, and, I'll never, cause you're 'onna be dead and then I'm gonna kill you..."

Then he saw Misery. Oh, he did not react well. He immediately burst into tears and started wailing
"Your a devil, a Devil!"
The tundra was unresponsive at first, then he started coming to. He wasn't focusing on anything in particular. The First words out of his mouth were almost a shout. "It's on! it's on" He then focused in on irthas face and said in a woozy shout
" 'I gonna kill you, and I'll keep, killin' you, and, I'll never, cause you're 'onna be dead and then I'm gonna kill you..."

Then he saw Misery. Oh, he did not react well. He immediately burst into tears and started wailing
"Your a devil, a Devil!"
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 64 65