Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A dragon's war cry
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
Hiccup took one look at Adlehelm and couldn't contain the scowl that took root. He could see the younger man was scared, and more than that, he looked remorseful. The chief believed that the foreigner ought to have a second chance, or at least the opportunity to redeem himself. Still, he'd helped kill dragons out of fear. He would need to be taught to respect dragon kind if he was going to be living anywhere near Berk or its allies.

He turned his attention back to Ryu, "what language does he speak? I'd like to make a note for further contact with him and his people. Maybe find a few people willing to teach him some of our language too." Hiccup braced his arms behind his back and studied the German once more. The poor kid sure didn't look like a cold hearted killer.

Kit turned her head at the sudden dragon call, her heart jumping into her throat. From the sounds of it the dragon wasn't far off either. She slipped away from the rescue party that had landed to heard the remaining Nadders from the flock to get them all back to Berk.

She knew this land better than she'd like to admit, dragon hunter territory, old and mostly unvisited, there were the remnants of a few outposts too. What worried her though was the amount of fully automated dragon traps that were littered about. Armed with dragon proof nets, chains and arrows. Designed to catch and hold dragons without endangering more people than necessary. She padded through the trees quietly until she reached one of the aforementioned traps, the injued Skrill calling out for help.

She approached slowly with her hands up in a dosile manner. "I don't mean you any harm okay? I wanna help you girl." She spoke softly, years of tending to wild dragons having taught her how to address a startled creature.
Hiccup took one look at Adlehelm and couldn't contain the scowl that took root. He could see the younger man was scared, and more than that, he looked remorseful. The chief believed that the foreigner ought to have a second chance, or at least the opportunity to redeem himself. Still, he'd helped kill dragons out of fear. He would need to be taught to respect dragon kind if he was going to be living anywhere near Berk or its allies.

He turned his attention back to Ryu, "what language does he speak? I'd like to make a note for further contact with him and his people. Maybe find a few people willing to teach him some of our language too." Hiccup braced his arms behind his back and studied the German once more. The poor kid sure didn't look like a cold hearted killer.

Kit turned her head at the sudden dragon call, her heart jumping into her throat. From the sounds of it the dragon wasn't far off either. She slipped away from the rescue party that had landed to heard the remaining Nadders from the flock to get them all back to Berk.

She knew this land better than she'd like to admit, dragon hunter territory, old and mostly unvisited, there were the remnants of a few outposts too. What worried her though was the amount of fully automated dragon traps that were littered about. Armed with dragon proof nets, chains and arrows. Designed to catch and hold dragons without endangering more people than necessary. She padded through the trees quietly until she reached one of the aforementioned traps, the injued Skrill calling out for help.

She approached slowly with her hands up in a dosile manner. "I don't mean you any harm okay? I wanna help you girl." She spoke softly, years of tending to wild dragons having taught her how to address a startled creature.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
The skrill was more than wary, landing, but hissing threateningly.
Electricity crackled on her spies. The skrill snarled, snapping her jaws.
There was a arrow stuck in he eye, leaving a severe blind spot.

The skrill waved her head left to right, to make Shure there was nothing surrounding her.
Her tail whipped, leaving gashes in the pines nearby.
Her eyes narrowed, shadows of dragons in the sky nearby alerted her, she started roaring again, jerking at the chains and ropes.
The skrill was more than wary, landing, but hissing threateningly.
Electricity crackled on her spies. The skrill snarled, snapping her jaws.
There was a arrow stuck in he eye, leaving a severe blind spot.

The skrill waved her head left to right, to make Shure there was nothing surrounding her.
Her tail whipped, leaving gashes in the pines nearby.
Her eyes narrowed, shadows of dragons in the sky nearby alerted her, she started roaring again, jerking at the chains and ropes.
Kit held her ground, her mind running a mile a minute as she tried to work out the best way to calm the Skrill down, especially since the dragons she was seeing were the rescue team Kit had lead for the Nadders. She pulled a dagger from her belt and held it aloft. The cool metal gleamed in the light, this wasn't a run of the mill dagger either it's steel was super conductive to electricity and thus it was very attractive to Skrills. Almost hypnotic in nature to them. If she could get the Skrill to pay attention to the dagger she'd calm down enough to allow the healer to at the very least get her loose from the chains and ropes.
Kit held her ground, her mind running a mile a minute as she tried to work out the best way to calm the Skrill down, especially since the dragons she was seeing were the rescue team Kit had lead for the Nadders. She pulled a dagger from her belt and held it aloft. The cool metal gleamed in the light, this wasn't a run of the mill dagger either it's steel was super conductive to electricity and thus it was very attractive to Skrills. Almost hypnotic in nature to them. If she could get the Skrill to pay attention to the dagger she'd calm down enough to allow the healer to at the very least get her loose from the chains and ropes.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
The skrill only saw the gleam of metal.
The skrill immedetly shrekied, backing up as she shot a warning shot near Kit, the ground left scoraching. She clearly had more left.

Screech I'm sorry if this seems short but I can't think of much. ))
The skrill only saw the gleam of metal.
The skrill immedetly shrekied, backing up as she shot a warning shot near Kit, the ground left scoraching. She clearly had more left.

Screech I'm sorry if this seems short but I can't think of much. ))
Ryu sighed as he simply pinched the bridge of his nose. He was not the kind of person who had the patience for teaching, and he could already guess how any interaction between Hiccup and the kind of people who sent the man to the viking territories in the first place might transpire. “For now, I’d say latin, but his people also have their own language. Either way, we need to be careful. I’ve seen what the people beyond your maps are capable of, and there are some things that cannot be forgotten.”

He wouldn’t let his past cloud his judgement, though. Hiccup would more likely than not have to deal with whoever else might be coming with the help of his friends and their dragons alone, be it through war or diplomacy. Even with the dragons and the tribes united, however, things would be difficult to say the least. The teen then shook his head and folded his hands, placing them behind his back. “Either way, Kit should be back soon with the remaining dragons, but I’ll stay and offer my assistance if you need it.”

@residentlunatic
Ryu sighed as he simply pinched the bridge of his nose. He was not the kind of person who had the patience for teaching, and he could already guess how any interaction between Hiccup and the kind of people who sent the man to the viking territories in the first place might transpire. “For now, I’d say latin, but his people also have their own language. Either way, we need to be careful. I’ve seen what the people beyond your maps are capable of, and there are some things that cannot be forgotten.”

He wouldn’t let his past cloud his judgement, though. Hiccup would more likely than not have to deal with whoever else might be coming with the help of his friends and their dragons alone, be it through war or diplomacy. Even with the dragons and the tribes united, however, things would be difficult to say the least. The teen then shook his head and folded his hands, placing them behind his back. “Either way, Kit should be back soon with the remaining dragons, but I’ll stay and offer my assistance if you need it.”

@residentlunatic
Hiccup nodded, "you've done plenty Ryu. I'd hate to impose on your time I know a couple traders who've used the language before I'm sure I can discuss teaching him with them." He looked up as a knock sounded on the door, Hiccup furrowed his brows as his cousin poked his head in, "yes Snotlout?"

"So you know how Kit took us all to go retrieve the hurt nadders. Well, um... funny story but..." He looked around the room nervously.

"But what." Hiccup looked annoyed folding his arms as if to say, 'get on with it or get out'.

"She wasn't with us when we came back, so we think we might have marooned her on that island. One of the old dragon hunter islands to be exact." He looked equal parts ashamed and worried. "We went back to look for her too, but she wasn't anywhere to be found. You don't think the Grimborn clan is back do you?"

There were no words for the expression on Hiccup's face, though the best full spectrum analysis was very displeased. "Ryu can we impose upon you one more time to help us find Kit. Since I obviously can't trust some people."
Snotlout didn't even have the heart to be indignant about the remark, he honestly felt he deserved it at that particular moment in time. Which was pretty rare given his usual bravado and enthusiastic self promotion.

Kit folded her arms after returning the dagger to her belt. "Okay look, you fry me now you don't get free. You get me dragon?" She carefully picked her way over to the ropes and chains, she set to work cutting the ropes making quick work of the old, and fraying twine. Once done set moved into the skrill's blind spot and began to search for the chain release. Usually they were located at the central point for all of the bindings, acting as a partial anchor, and they were always positioned to keep the dragons from being able to blast them. She looked around occasionally speaking to the skrill in a soothing tone of voice, once she found the lever she yanked down on it popping the lock after a decent amount of effort.

The chains fell free and the young viking took off running for cover. The poor thing needed medical attention but she was pretty sure the dragon didn't want anything to do with her. She was so focused on watching for the skrill though she didn't notice the gnarled old tree root that poked up from the ground just enough to catch the toe of her boot and send her sprawling down a rocky slope. She swore as she tumbled getting scratched up by rocks and more angry looking roots. When she hit the bottom she let out a sharp cry as he foot twisted at an unnatural angle. She moved it experimentally and bit into her knuckle to keep from shouting again, not broken thank Thor but she was pretty sure it was sprained.
Hiccup nodded, "you've done plenty Ryu. I'd hate to impose on your time I know a couple traders who've used the language before I'm sure I can discuss teaching him with them." He looked up as a knock sounded on the door, Hiccup furrowed his brows as his cousin poked his head in, "yes Snotlout?"

"So you know how Kit took us all to go retrieve the hurt nadders. Well, um... funny story but..." He looked around the room nervously.

"But what." Hiccup looked annoyed folding his arms as if to say, 'get on with it or get out'.

"She wasn't with us when we came back, so we think we might have marooned her on that island. One of the old dragon hunter islands to be exact." He looked equal parts ashamed and worried. "We went back to look for her too, but she wasn't anywhere to be found. You don't think the Grimborn clan is back do you?"

There were no words for the expression on Hiccup's face, though the best full spectrum analysis was very displeased. "Ryu can we impose upon you one more time to help us find Kit. Since I obviously can't trust some people."
Snotlout didn't even have the heart to be indignant about the remark, he honestly felt he deserved it at that particular moment in time. Which was pretty rare given his usual bravado and enthusiastic self promotion.

Kit folded her arms after returning the dagger to her belt. "Okay look, you fry me now you don't get free. You get me dragon?" She carefully picked her way over to the ropes and chains, she set to work cutting the ropes making quick work of the old, and fraying twine. Once done set moved into the skrill's blind spot and began to search for the chain release. Usually they were located at the central point for all of the bindings, acting as a partial anchor, and they were always positioned to keep the dragons from being able to blast them. She looked around occasionally speaking to the skrill in a soothing tone of voice, once she found the lever she yanked down on it popping the lock after a decent amount of effort.

The chains fell free and the young viking took off running for cover. The poor thing needed medical attention but she was pretty sure the dragon didn't want anything to do with her. She was so focused on watching for the skrill though she didn't notice the gnarled old tree root that poked up from the ground just enough to catch the toe of her boot and send her sprawling down a rocky slope. She swore as she tumbled getting scratched up by rocks and more angry looking roots. When she hit the bottom she let out a sharp cry as he foot twisted at an unnatural angle. She moved it experimentally and bit into her knuckle to keep from shouting again, not broken thank Thor but she was pretty sure it was sprained.
foto_1.png
Vindesk immediately took off, her thick, leathery wings disturbing the fauna around her.
The skrill whipped around at the yelp of the human, her spines clanking together, the skrill was massive. She must have been pretty old.
The Skrill's long tail was no longer whipping, she only bent her head down, sniffing Kit. The air she breathed was hot, like fire. Vindesk seemed to notice a difference in this human than the ones who set the traps, she smelled of Vindesk's fellow kin.

Vindesk immediately took off, her thick, leathery wings disturbing the fauna around her.
The skrill whipped around at the yelp of the human, her spines clanking together, the skrill was massive. She must have been pretty old.
The Skrill's long tail was no longer whipping, she only bent her head down, sniffing Kit. The air she breathed was hot, like fire. Vindesk seemed to notice a difference in this human than the ones who set the traps, she smelled of Vindesk's fellow kin.

Kit looked up at the skrill and sucked in a breath, she didn't want to die but she kept her fear internalized, she sat up a little straighter and kept her gaze unwavering. "See? I didn't want to hurt you, just set you free from the trap." She winced as she shifted her leg closer to herself. If it was going to heal properly she'd have to splint it. "You need help with some of those wounds, if you trust me I'll help you get those taken care of." She doubted the dragon understood her, intelligent as they were it still took them years to learn the human language.
Kit looked up at the skrill and sucked in a breath, she didn't want to die but she kept her fear internalized, she sat up a little straighter and kept her gaze unwavering. "See? I didn't want to hurt you, just set you free from the trap." She winced as she shifted her leg closer to herself. If it was going to heal properly she'd have to splint it. "You need help with some of those wounds, if you trust me I'll help you get those taken care of." She doubted the dragon understood her, intelligent as they were it still took them years to learn the human language.
foto_1.png
Ryu raised a brow at the mention of Grimborm, along with other dragon hunters, and simply shook his head. What exactly had he missed while he and Storm Surge were off living their lives to the fullest? “You lot certainly have changed over what... five years. Thankfully, most of you are also good company, so it’s not that much of a problem.” It hadn’t taken long for him to notice the absence of the former chief and figured it would be a topic best left untouched.

The teen then walked outside and couldn’t help but smile a bit when he noticed his skrill still guarding the stranger in a strange land. He then gave a light whistle to get her attention and soon found himself on the grass with her rubbing herself against him. “Ok, girl. I doubt I smell like any dragon other than you, especially with how close we are.” As he gently rubbed her bottom jaw, he turned his attention towards Adlehelm. “I’ll be going out for a day or two at most to get a friend. The people here will try to help you in whatever way they can, most of which will come down to teaching you their ways.
Ryu raised a brow at the mention of Grimborm, along with other dragon hunters, and simply shook his head. What exactly had he missed while he and Storm Surge were off living their lives to the fullest? “You lot certainly have changed over what... five years. Thankfully, most of you are also good company, so it’s not that much of a problem.” It hadn’t taken long for him to notice the absence of the former chief and figured it would be a topic best left untouched.

The teen then walked outside and couldn’t help but smile a bit when he noticed his skrill still guarding the stranger in a strange land. He then gave a light whistle to get her attention and soon found himself on the grass with her rubbing herself against him. “Ok, girl. I doubt I smell like any dragon other than you, especially with how close we are.” As he gently rubbed her bottom jaw, he turned his attention towards Adlehelm. “I’ll be going out for a day or two at most to get a friend. The people here will try to help you in whatever way they can, most of which will come down to teaching you their ways.
Hiccup shook his head, "you have no idea." Quickly the young chief scribbled out a note for one of the traders who would hopefully begin to teach the boy their language and customs. As well as a separate not for Fishlegs giving him details on educating the newcomer on dragons to hopefully avoid a repeat of th previous incident. He whistled for Toothless mounting the dragon who thrummed affectionately to his rider. "Astrid we'll be right back ok-" She cut him off calling her own dragon.

"Like we're going to let you do all of the hero work. Come on Stormfly!" They took off before Hiccup could protest, followed immediately by Snotlout and Hookfang. Hiccup dragged a hand along his face and urged Toothless to follow the others.

Adlehelm nodded and quietly took a seat next to the house folding his legs, he had no intention of trying to escape from people who rode dragons. It would be futile and he didn't have a death wish.
Hiccup shook his head, "you have no idea." Quickly the young chief scribbled out a note for one of the traders who would hopefully begin to teach the boy their language and customs. As well as a separate not for Fishlegs giving him details on educating the newcomer on dragons to hopefully avoid a repeat of th previous incident. He whistled for Toothless mounting the dragon who thrummed affectionately to his rider. "Astrid we'll be right back ok-" She cut him off calling her own dragon.

"Like we're going to let you do all of the hero work. Come on Stormfly!" They took off before Hiccup could protest, followed immediately by Snotlout and Hookfang. Hiccup dragged a hand along his face and urged Toothless to follow the others.

Adlehelm nodded and quietly took a seat next to the house folding his legs, he had no intention of trying to escape from people who rode dragons. It would be futile and he didn't have a death wish.
foto_1.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16