Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [1x1] Vampires at Nigh!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
He could feel the moment of silence between him reacting to his name and then him offering it. Ivor watched him, his face slowly returning to rest at a neutral state. "Why thank you." he quirked a bit of a smile after the compliment and then hummed as he offered his name. The hunter racked his brain to see if there was ever an Azael that was mentioned to him or shared among the tongues of other hunters he often passed by.

He didn't seem to come up with anything, but that didn't mean he couldn't still be a vampire. So he nodded and offered the smile again "Your name is pretty nice too." he offered, nodding towards him before taking a drink from the cup in his hands.
He could feel the moment of silence between him reacting to his name and then him offering it. Ivor watched him, his face slowly returning to rest at a neutral state. "Why thank you." he quirked a bit of a smile after the compliment and then hummed as he offered his name. The hunter racked his brain to see if there was ever an Azael that was mentioned to him or shared among the tongues of other hunters he often passed by.

He didn't seem to come up with anything, but that didn't mean he couldn't still be a vampire. So he nodded and offered the smile again "Your name is pretty nice too." he offered, nodding towards him before taking a drink from the cup in his hands.
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
Sighing silently in relieve for not being regonized, he only chortled a little. He wanted to know more about this Ivor, but wasn't sure what to ask. It's harder to know who's a vampire hunter and who's not, especially since they don't have specific marks. Az didn't know what to make of this individual, the other like a paradox he cannot solve.

"Do you come in this area often?" Due to being one of the places that leans more on the poor side of the spectrum, it was a popular place for what is called, "odd murder". Unless forced, most prefer to stay away from the area, in the nights it is even more so shady. For the same reason it's easier to kill, he stayed away, knowing this place is more of a target place for those hunters. But times are getting hard and even he had to make some changes . . .
Sighing silently in relieve for not being regonized, he only chortled a little. He wanted to know more about this Ivor, but wasn't sure what to ask. It's harder to know who's a vampire hunter and who's not, especially since they don't have specific marks. Az didn't know what to make of this individual, the other like a paradox he cannot solve.

"Do you come in this area often?" Due to being one of the places that leans more on the poor side of the spectrum, it was a popular place for what is called, "odd murder". Unless forced, most prefer to stay away from the area, in the nights it is even more so shady. For the same reason it's easier to kill, he stayed away, knowing this place is more of a target place for those hunters. But times are getting hard and even he had to make some changes . . .
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
Ivor blinked as he asked if he had come in the area often. The man snorted, and then nodded gently. "I used to live here, for a bit." he offered, "Before inheriting quite a large sum of money from my late father." there was a moment of pausing before he took a drink from the cup again and glanced towards him. "I was visiting my old place when I saw you roaming around the alleyway. I assumed you might've needed...help."

His eyes flicked towards the cup and then towards him. "What about you? Do you live around here...?" his eyes glanced over him and then back up to his face.
Ivor blinked as he asked if he had come in the area often. The man snorted, and then nodded gently. "I used to live here, for a bit." he offered, "Before inheriting quite a large sum of money from my late father." there was a moment of pausing before he took a drink from the cup again and glanced towards him. "I was visiting my old place when I saw you roaming around the alleyway. I assumed you might've needed...help."

His eyes flicked towards the cup and then towards him. "What about you? Do you live around here...?" his eyes glanced over him and then back up to his face.
cg9IgXW.png ......
"Perhaps I do; the streets are lonely at night ..." He murmured, knowing very well what kind of help he actually needed. "Bless you for your good fortune I suppose." He took out "God" within the common phrase delibrately, as whenever he said the holy word it burned his tongue like a burning silver rod pressing down against the sensitive muscles.

"Nay, I live as far as one can live but also to stay within walking distance of here. Grew up here as a child and the memory lingers still." Others laugh at his "desperate attempt to grasp onto mortality". The other didn't show any sign that they pose any danger ... Or perhaps they're just as good at hiding as Az is? Draining the glass of it's last bit of liquid, it was a tentative offer to get another. A faint voice whispered in his head, Mhmm didn't you offend the bartender's wife's friend a few days earlier? What if he spiked your drink?

"Perhaps I do; the streets are lonely at night ..." He murmured, knowing very well what kind of help he actually needed. "Bless you for your good fortune I suppose." He took out "God" within the common phrase delibrately, as whenever he said the holy word it burned his tongue like a burning silver rod pressing down against the sensitive muscles.

"Nay, I live as far as one can live but also to stay within walking distance of here. Grew up here as a child and the memory lingers still." Others laugh at his "desperate attempt to grasp onto mortality". The other didn't show any sign that they pose any danger ... Or perhaps they're just as good at hiding as Az is? Draining the glass of it's last bit of liquid, it was a tentative offer to get another. A faint voice whispered in his head, Mhmm didn't you offend the bartender's wife's friend a few days earlier? What if he spiked your drink?

sketch shop here!
"Glad to help." the taking of the word "God" from the phrase was something he caught. His gaze flicked towards him, and he eyed him carefully before focusing back to his drink to finish. He took a deep breath, and before he could ask him why he took it out, he had answered his other question.

Ivor raised a brow as he listened, and then he snorted gently. "I see. So it's basically chance we met here right now." He offered, laughing gently. He placed the cup onto the counter and then glanced over towards the male with a light breath. "Here's a question. Why did you take the word "God" out?" he tilted his head and waited for his response, his golden gaze narrowing a bit.
"Glad to help." the taking of the word "God" from the phrase was something he caught. His gaze flicked towards him, and he eyed him carefully before focusing back to his drink to finish. He took a deep breath, and before he could ask him why he took it out, he had answered his other question.

Ivor raised a brow as he listened, and then he snorted gently. "I see. So it's basically chance we met here right now." He offered, laughing gently. He placed the cup onto the counter and then glanced over towards the male with a light breath. "Here's a question. Why did you take the word "God" out?" he tilted his head and waited for his response, his golden gaze narrowing a bit.
cg9IgXW.png ......
"Guess so. Many things happen at chance, don't they?" And so far, chance had not been treating him very well. Perhaps his luck had finally ran out over the years ... When the other picked up on his avoidance of all religious words his hand that still remained in his pocket twitched. It wasn't something no one had questioned him on, and he already had an answer. But tonight it took him longer than normal, at leaste two full seconds before he carefully answered while still keeping a casual air,

"Because my parents and all those before them were ones who refused the believe in religious things. I do want to respect the deseased, no? But "God" isn't something I can't say." He already prepared himself mentally for the pain, but his pupils still widened a little, though that can be disguised from the flickering lights of fire around them. Az's hand clenched into a tight fist in his pockets, shaking from the searing pain.

((when do you think would one of htem make a slip? Or perhaps they never do? ))
"Guess so. Many things happen at chance, don't they?" And so far, chance had not been treating him very well. Perhaps his luck had finally ran out over the years ... When the other picked up on his avoidance of all religious words his hand that still remained in his pocket twitched. It wasn't something no one had questioned him on, and he already had an answer. But tonight it took him longer than normal, at leaste two full seconds before he carefully answered while still keeping a casual air,

"Because my parents and all those before them were ones who refused the believe in religious things. I do want to respect the deseased, no? But "God" isn't something I can't say." He already prepared himself mentally for the pain, but his pupils still widened a little, though that can be disguised from the flickering lights of fire around them. Az's hand clenched into a tight fist in his pockets, shaking from the searing pain.

((when do you think would one of htem make a slip? Or perhaps they never do? ))
sketch shop here!
"I suppose so. It's still kind of funny to think about." he offered, his eyes never leaving him as he waited for him to answer his question. When he did, his brow rose a bit at the explanation. Respecting the dead. He huffed a little bit in thought, keeping his eyes on all part of him to make sure he caught any sign of struggling. But he didn't seem to see anything, at least...not with the warm, fuzzy feeling from the alcohol and then the lighting. But he sighed a bit and fingered the counter in thought.

Maybe he just really wasn't a vampire...and he was kind of thankful of the thought.

"I haven't been entirely truthful tonight." he offered, "So I guess I wanted to be sure of something before really revealing who I am." His gaze flicked to the counter as he pressed his pointer finger to the counter. His voice lowered gently, "Can you keep a secret?" he focused back to him, his golden gaze hard on Azael.

(I can have him reveal now :p since he must think that he really isn't a vampire after not witnessing anything with him saying "God".)
"I suppose so. It's still kind of funny to think about." he offered, his eyes never leaving him as he waited for him to answer his question. When he did, his brow rose a bit at the explanation. Respecting the dead. He huffed a little bit in thought, keeping his eyes on all part of him to make sure he caught any sign of struggling. But he didn't seem to see anything, at least...not with the warm, fuzzy feeling from the alcohol and then the lighting. But he sighed a bit and fingered the counter in thought.

Maybe he just really wasn't a vampire...and he was kind of thankful of the thought.

"I haven't been entirely truthful tonight." he offered, "So I guess I wanted to be sure of something before really revealing who I am." His gaze flicked to the counter as he pressed his pointer finger to the counter. His voice lowered gently, "Can you keep a secret?" he focused back to him, his golden gaze hard on Azael.

(I can have him reveal now :p since he must think that he really isn't a vampire after not witnessing anything with him saying "God".)
cg9IgXW.png ......
He didn't know what to say. Secrets, he can keep, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep one right now. Of course, it might just be something much less sinister than the dark voice in his head is tugging him about, perhaps the other's simply someone who's actually a outlaw. Or someone who's related to the royal bloodline and wants to get the throne back. Perhaps not that one. But even that is much simpler than what his instincts are telling him.

"S-sure... I can keep a secret." Az nearly choked on the words, and wondered if Ivor noticed. The use of his still burning tongue sent an burning sensation jolting down his nerves and recieved unwillingly in his mind. It was tempting to murmur his secret too, but one the other showed no sign of being a vampire ... And second, even if the man is, it doesn't mean he can reveal too; he knew individuals who would turn in their own species for the right amount. Peering into the other's eyes, he considered finally if he truthfully wanted to know this secret.

((If ivor does im not sure how long he can keep up his own lol))
He didn't know what to say. Secrets, he can keep, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep one right now. Of course, it might just be something much less sinister than the dark voice in his head is tugging him about, perhaps the other's simply someone who's actually a outlaw. Or someone who's related to the royal bloodline and wants to get the throne back. Perhaps not that one. But even that is much simpler than what his instincts are telling him.

"S-sure... I can keep a secret." Az nearly choked on the words, and wondered if Ivor noticed. The use of his still burning tongue sent an burning sensation jolting down his nerves and recieved unwillingly in his mind. It was tempting to murmur his secret too, but one the other showed no sign of being a vampire ... And second, even if the man is, it doesn't mean he can reveal too; he knew individuals who would turn in their own species for the right amount. Peering into the other's eyes, he considered finally if he truthfully wanted to know this secret.

((If ivor does im not sure how long he can keep up his own lol))
sketch shop here!
Ivor smiled as he said he could keep the secret, and then nodded some. "I think it would be okay to tell you this but. I do believe in vampires and werewolves...I've...actually been protecting this town of them for awhile now." he flicked his gaze towards him and then back towards the cup with a light shrug. "I guess I just wanted to take a bit of a break tonight and chat with some company." Not all the truth, but not all a lie either.

The hunter shrugged awkwardly, "Call me crazy all you want and say that they aren't real. But I've seen them attack people with my own eyes...and it isn't pretty."

(Uh oh. Ahahaha)
Ivor smiled as he said he could keep the secret, and then nodded some. "I think it would be okay to tell you this but. I do believe in vampires and werewolves...I've...actually been protecting this town of them for awhile now." he flicked his gaze towards him and then back towards the cup with a light shrug. "I guess I just wanted to take a bit of a break tonight and chat with some company." Not all the truth, but not all a lie either.

The hunter shrugged awkwardly, "Call me crazy all you want and say that they aren't real. But I've seen them attack people with my own eyes...and it isn't pretty."

(Uh oh. Ahahaha)
cg9IgXW.png ......
He nearly had a heart attack.

And his heart doesn't even beat anymore, so he wasn't sure the hell what that even meant then but it sure felt like what he imagines a heart attack would feel like.

His eyes widened, and blinked a couple of times. It might be explainable as a normal mortal would feel, but that wasn't why. Shock, utter shock. Perhaps dissapointment too, at himself for not even noticing that. What the hell is wrong with him? Is he really getting too old? His head kind of felt like it was spinning, whether out of the extreme spike of emotion of alcohol. Perhaps both. If he wasn't the prey in the situation he would've congragulated himself on fooling a vampire hunter as expertly as he did, enough that the other spilled before he did.

Perhaps he suspected all along, but he felt his fist tighten, a tinge of anger directed at no one in particular shooting through his body. Damn you world, is everyone who I get even the slightest bit of attachement to going to hate me, die, or think I'm some sort of monster?!

Or maybe he is a monster.

"y-you d-do?" He managed to whisper in a stammering voice, keeping hold of breaking down. Az was the one still lying to the other and yet he felt like he was the one being lied to. Damn it, every single time for the past few centuries, he should've seen and prepared himself and yet still felt like this almost every single time. "I'm um glad you're protecting the place from those- monsters I suppose. If they're real." It was suspicious that he didn't react too harshly, but the vampire didn't care anymore. The other hated him, thinks of him as a killer, probably because he is.

"Mhhm... it's getting a bit uh, late. Guess it's time we give our partings . . . " he was lucky enough this time it was getting late and people were starting to dissapear until they were the only two left. Azael felt sick, a harsh cold bitterness stinging his tongue. Giving a hurried bow on the head, he started to make an attempt at the door, trying not to get seem to hasty in retreat.

((told ya xD he's not as "cool" as he tries to be sometimes but it doesn't slip often lol i know it's probably not possible for the people to all suddenly leave, but hey for dramatic movie scene effect- ))
He nearly had a heart attack.

And his heart doesn't even beat anymore, so he wasn't sure the hell what that even meant then but it sure felt like what he imagines a heart attack would feel like.

His eyes widened, and blinked a couple of times. It might be explainable as a normal mortal would feel, but that wasn't why. Shock, utter shock. Perhaps dissapointment too, at himself for not even noticing that. What the hell is wrong with him? Is he really getting too old? His head kind of felt like it was spinning, whether out of the extreme spike of emotion of alcohol. Perhaps both. If he wasn't the prey in the situation he would've congragulated himself on fooling a vampire hunter as expertly as he did, enough that the other spilled before he did.

Perhaps he suspected all along, but he felt his fist tighten, a tinge of anger directed at no one in particular shooting through his body. Damn you world, is everyone who I get even the slightest bit of attachement to going to hate me, die, or think I'm some sort of monster?!

Or maybe he is a monster.

"y-you d-do?" He managed to whisper in a stammering voice, keeping hold of breaking down. Az was the one still lying to the other and yet he felt like he was the one being lied to. Damn it, every single time for the past few centuries, he should've seen and prepared himself and yet still felt like this almost every single time. "I'm um glad you're protecting the place from those- monsters I suppose. If they're real." It was suspicious that he didn't react too harshly, but the vampire didn't care anymore. The other hated him, thinks of him as a killer, probably because he is.

"Mhhm... it's getting a bit uh, late. Guess it's time we give our partings . . . " he was lucky enough this time it was getting late and people were starting to dissapear until they were the only two left. Azael felt sick, a harsh cold bitterness stinging his tongue. Giving a hurried bow on the head, he started to make an attempt at the door, trying not to get seem to hasty in retreat.

((told ya xD he's not as "cool" as he tries to be sometimes but it doesn't slip often lol i know it's probably not possible for the people to all suddenly leave, but hey for dramatic movie scene effect- ))
sketch shop here!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12