Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Draw of Avenda (Modern Fantasy) LFG
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
"Good," the driver said, seeming to make wanton turns though he did slow to the proper speed, "and it' complicated. All of it is. Don't trust what you see. Your eyes have been lying to you your whole lives. Whether or not you do, you *can* trust me. Even then, I have my own motives. And they differ from time to time. Tonight's motive was to save your lives. I've been watching your brother for a while. He was interesting to say the least. Hard to keep up with, especially after he killed the girl's father," he glances in his review mirror at Mandy.
"Good," the driver said, seeming to make wanton turns though he did slow to the proper speed, "and it' complicated. All of it is. Don't trust what you see. Your eyes have been lying to you your whole lives. Whether or not you do, you *can* trust me. Even then, I have my own motives. And they differ from time to time. Tonight's motive was to save your lives. I've been watching your brother for a while. He was interesting to say the least. Hard to keep up with, especially after he killed the girl's father," he glances in his review mirror at Mandy.
Joshua's gaze followed the stranger's glance in the mirror, then turned to look at Mandy. "Wait, what?" He turned back. "Can you just... start from the beginning. What's going on here? Who are you, anyway?"

He had so many questions, but he stemmed the flow. If he asked too many at once, he probably wouldn't get any answers. Not any that made sense anyway. He was so confused. What had this guy been following Justin. Had he really killed Mandy's father. How had he died, if the stranger hadn't actually killed him? What was that strange power the stranger could use and why had Joshua been able to replicate it. He almost felt like he wanted to puke.
Joshua's gaze followed the stranger's glance in the mirror, then turned to look at Mandy. "Wait, what?" He turned back. "Can you just... start from the beginning. What's going on here? Who are you, anyway?"

He had so many questions, but he stemmed the flow. If he asked too many at once, he probably wouldn't get any answers. Not any that made sense anyway. He was so confused. What had this guy been following Justin. Had he really killed Mandy's father. How had he died, if the stranger hadn't actually killed him? What was that strange power the stranger could use and why had Joshua been able to replicate it. He almost felt like he wanted to puke.
YJ8beQm.png
Rhys just felt like he was along for the ride. At least this person slowed down some, but appeared to be making random turns in random places. Where were they going? He was vaguely explaining things, but dropped a bomb that Rhys found hard to believe. He shot a look at Mandy to see how she would react to the news. "What the hell...?"

He spoke just as Joshua did, but Joshua started spurting questions, the same questions Rhys had.
Rhys just felt like he was along for the ride. At least this person slowed down some, but appeared to be making random turns in random places. Where were they going? He was vaguely explaining things, but dropped a bomb that Rhys found hard to believe. He shot a look at Mandy to see how she would react to the news. "What the hell...?"

He spoke just as Joshua did, but Joshua started spurting questions, the same questions Rhys had.
Mandy's mouth fell open at the guys words, "It-it was an accident--"

"A very well timed event," He conceded, taking off the fedora and setting it on the dash board, "But not an accident."

He pauses, silent for a moment, "The beginning... An interesting place to start. There are multiple planes of existence. What you see is only a fraction of what is actually happening. You felt it, Justin. Rhys, you saw it," he waved his hand to the back seat, a particular ring catches Rhys's eyes, "the quicker you realize that, the more sense every will make."
Mandy's mouth fell open at the guys words, "It-it was an accident--"

"A very well timed event," He conceded, taking off the fedora and setting it on the dash board, "But not an accident."

He pauses, silent for a moment, "The beginning... An interesting place to start. There are multiple planes of existence. What you see is only a fraction of what is actually happening. You felt it, Justin. Rhys, you saw it," he waved his hand to the back seat, a particular ring catches Rhys's eyes, "the quicker you realize that, the more sense every will make."
Rhys eyed the stranger warily as he began to speak, noting that the man still hasn't told them his name. He also hadn't explained what they didn't already know. He waved a beringed hand back at Rhys, and he couldn't help but notice them. Each one seemed to have a faint glow, and he couldn't help but stare at the one he saw Justin's ethereal form vanish into.

Multiple planes of existence? Only see a fraction? Humph. Rhys glanced away, becoming aware of a vehicle at a distance behind them. He felt a clenching in his stomach. Have the cops found them?
Rhys eyed the stranger warily as he began to speak, noting that the man still hasn't told them his name. He also hadn't explained what they didn't already know. He waved a beringed hand back at Rhys, and he couldn't help but notice them. Each one seemed to have a faint glow, and he couldn't help but stare at the one he saw Justin's ethereal form vanish into.

Multiple planes of existence? Only see a fraction? Humph. Rhys glanced away, becoming aware of a vehicle at a distance behind them. He felt a clenching in his stomach. Have the cops found them?
Joshua wasn't sure he was buying it. Multiple planes of existence? Sure, he'd felt something when he did... whatever it was he'd done. But how could he have accessed a different plane of existence without knowing it? But that wasn't his biggest concern right now.

"That still doesn't tell me who you are or what you're doing here. Or what your connection to Justin is." Joshua folded his arms crossly.
Joshua wasn't sure he was buying it. Multiple planes of existence? Sure, he'd felt something when he did... whatever it was he'd done. But how could he have accessed a different plane of existence without knowing it? But that wasn't his biggest concern right now.

"That still doesn't tell me who you are or what you're doing here. Or what your connection to Justin is." Joshua folded his arms crossly.
YJ8beQm.png
"Oh, who I am? That's what you meant by the starting from the beginning? My names Jack Ellington. I'm part of a group called Veritas. We try to find people that have tapped into their abilities, and either cultivate their abilities or remove them. I believe your brother discovered magic at a young age. He always seemed odd, right? Didn't fit in? It's because he had this ability and didn't know what it was or what to do with it. He was good at hiding it. Too good. By the time we found out, he had killed Mandy's father and then was in the run. Unfortunately he ran right into Grimoire. Grimoire is... Complicated."

He glances in the rear view mirror.

" Everyone has their seat belts on, right?"

Mandy is silent during all of this.

((as a side note, none of you have given him your name. You all realize that. Just so you know XD that isn't a mistake in my part))
"Oh, who I am? That's what you meant by the starting from the beginning? My names Jack Ellington. I'm part of a group called Veritas. We try to find people that have tapped into their abilities, and either cultivate their abilities or remove them. I believe your brother discovered magic at a young age. He always seemed odd, right? Didn't fit in? It's because he had this ability and didn't know what it was or what to do with it. He was good at hiding it. Too good. By the time we found out, he had killed Mandy's father and then was in the run. Unfortunately he ran right into Grimoire. Grimoire is... Complicated."

He glances in the rear view mirror.

" Everyone has their seat belts on, right?"

Mandy is silent during all of this.

((as a side note, none of you have given him your name. You all realize that. Just so you know XD that isn't a mistake in my part))
((Ha ha, I was suspecting something like that, but couldn't remember if names were spoken, only Josh's has...))

Rhys' eyes narrowed. How did this guy know his name? With all that had happened at the diner, he couldn't be sure if any names were spoken. Well, other than him calling to Josh to draw his attention to the man's ring. Rhys wasn't quite sure. Was it being revealed that Justin turned out to be an evil twin? He glanced next to him, to see how Mandy was holding up with this news.

"Jack Ellington?" Rhys muttered. "Well, ok...Jackie...tell us more of this...Grimoire..."
((Ha ha, I was suspecting something like that, but couldn't remember if names were spoken, only Josh's has...))

Rhys' eyes narrowed. How did this guy know his name? With all that had happened at the diner, he couldn't be sure if any names were spoken. Well, other than him calling to Josh to draw his attention to the man's ring. Rhys wasn't quite sure. Was it being revealed that Justin turned out to be an evil twin? He glanced next to him, to see how Mandy was holding up with this news.

"Jack Ellington?" Rhys muttered. "Well, ok...Jackie...tell us more of this...Grimoire..."
There it was. The word that had been in the back of his mind since the diner. "Magic." He didn't know how else to describe what was going on. But that was crazy, right? There was no such thing as magic.

There was no denying that Justin had been a strange kid, but how did this guy know about that? And how did he know all of thier names, for that matter?

At his question about the seatbelts, Joshua gave his a tug. "Yeah, why?" He said, not liking where this was going.
There it was. The word that had been in the back of his mind since the diner. "Magic." He didn't know how else to describe what was going on. But that was crazy, right? There was no such thing as magic.

There was no denying that Justin had been a strange kid, but how did this guy know about that? And how did he know all of thier names, for that matter?

At his question about the seatbelts, Joshua gave his a tug. "Yeah, why?" He said, not liking where this was going.
YJ8beQm.png
Mandy flail for her seat belt quickly, also not liking where this was going.

"I said my name was Jack, Rhysie," Jack says, "And if I'm right, I might not have to tell you about Grimoire. They might just show you."

Jack takes a hard right, shifting gears for speed. The car behind them follows suit and Jack sighs, muttering a curse.

"Veritas protects magic and those who wish to learn how to use it. Grimoire exploits it. We believe," a hard left this time, "Justin didn't join Grimoire on purpose. They just got to him before we did. They're manipulative, and prayed on the fact that he was young and inexperienced. Did he kill someone with magic? Yes, absolutely. Veritas is staunchly opposed to such things. He would have had to pay for his crimes, yes, but not with his life."

He hadn't missed a beat with his continued explanation as he picked up speed. After another hard turn he suddenly jammed on the breaks and killed the engine and lights.

"Duck down!" he hisses at them as he crouches uncomfortably low.
Mandy flail for her seat belt quickly, also not liking where this was going.

"I said my name was Jack, Rhysie," Jack says, "And if I'm right, I might not have to tell you about Grimoire. They might just show you."

Jack takes a hard right, shifting gears for speed. The car behind them follows suit and Jack sighs, muttering a curse.

"Veritas protects magic and those who wish to learn how to use it. Grimoire exploits it. We believe," a hard left this time, "Justin didn't join Grimoire on purpose. They just got to him before we did. They're manipulative, and prayed on the fact that he was young and inexperienced. Did he kill someone with magic? Yes, absolutely. Veritas is staunchly opposed to such things. He would have had to pay for his crimes, yes, but not with his life."

He hadn't missed a beat with his continued explanation as he picked up speed. After another hard turn he suddenly jammed on the breaks and killed the engine and lights.

"Duck down!" he hisses at them as he crouches uncomfortably low.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10