Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Draw of Avenda (Modern Fantasy) LFG
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
((That was my fault, I was way too excited to start. So, we could play it whatever way you guys want. Rhys could easily be Josh's friend, and Josh wants him there for strong guy support (cuz obviously if you need to wrestle Justin down, Mandy will be of little help). Ryhs's background story would stay the same, but just include his friendship with Josh. Or, even though they are both jocks, they just didn't hang out together. It's 100% up to you guys.))

((Also, the night that Justin stayed out late--if Josh ever asked, Justin would just have asked that he not tell mom and dad and that he swears his didn't do anything wrong but not give details. Would Josh have pressed him for information or let it go? Doesn't matter in the long run, just curious.))

"There's booths by each sides of the door? Me and Rhys could sit at one and he sees you first, he might not even see us?" Mandy offers.
((That was my fault, I was way too excited to start. So, we could play it whatever way you guys want. Rhys could easily be Josh's friend, and Josh wants him there for strong guy support (cuz obviously if you need to wrestle Justin down, Mandy will be of little help). Ryhs's background story would stay the same, but just include his friendship with Josh. Or, even though they are both jocks, they just didn't hang out together. It's 100% up to you guys.))

((Also, the night that Justin stayed out late--if Josh ever asked, Justin would just have asked that he not tell mom and dad and that he swears his didn't do anything wrong but not give details. Would Josh have pressed him for information or let it go? Doesn't matter in the long run, just curious.))

"There's booths by each sides of the door? Me and Rhys could sit at one and he sees you first, he might not even see us?" Mandy offers.
((Oh, ah ha ha ha! What a coinkydink! Rhys played hockey, too! Maybe the clique thing and friendship might need a shift, then...so he and Josh probably were in the same clique and probably know each other quite well. If they went to the same school, they were on the same team. It would also give Rhys a more firm reason for being brought. :) ))

This was an awkward situation, and sounded rather serious. Rhys hasn't ever been a part of a...well, what would one call this? An intervention? He definitely doesn't seem to want to gang up on Justin.

"Well, we could enter together, and then Mandy and I hold back at first, to show we aren't a..." What was he going to say? A threat? That made him more uncomfortable. He certainly meant no harm here, but it might come across that way to Justin. "That we don't mean any harm."
((Oh, ah ha ha ha! What a coinkydink! Rhys played hockey, too! Maybe the clique thing and friendship might need a shift, then...so he and Josh probably were in the same clique and probably know each other quite well. If they went to the same school, they were on the same team. It would also give Rhys a more firm reason for being brought. :) ))

This was an awkward situation, and sounded rather serious. Rhys hasn't ever been a part of a...well, what would one call this? An intervention? He definitely doesn't seem to want to gang up on Justin.

"Well, we could enter together, and then Mandy and I hold back at first, to show we aren't a..." What was he going to say? A threat? That made him more uncomfortable. He certainly meant no harm here, but it might come across that way to Justin. "That we don't mean any harm."
((Wow, that's pretty hilarious that we both picked hockey for our characters. XD So, yeah, I'd agree that they know each other quite well! But I had it in mind that the rest of the team teased Joshua about Justin being his brother since they were so different. Sounds like Rhys was more sympathetic towards Justin, so that all falls into place why Joshua would have reached out to him.

And to answers your question, Dash, Joshua honestly wouldn't have really cared about what Justin had been doing with Mandy. He would have been surprised for sure, since it was out of character for him (I'm assuming), but wouldn't have pressed him.

My actual RP response will follow, but I'm on my phone and I don't want to risk losing what I've typed. XP ))
((Wow, that's pretty hilarious that we both picked hockey for our characters. XD So, yeah, I'd agree that they know each other quite well! But I had it in mind that the rest of the team teased Joshua about Justin being his brother since they were so different. Sounds like Rhys was more sympathetic towards Justin, so that all falls into place why Joshua would have reached out to him.

And to answers your question, Dash, Joshua honestly wouldn't have really cared about what Justin had been doing with Mandy. He would have been surprised for sure, since it was out of character for him (I'm assuming), but wouldn't have pressed him.

My actual RP response will follow, but I'm on my phone and I don't want to risk losing what I've typed. XP ))
YJ8beQm.png
Joshua nodded as he opened his car door. "That sounds good, yeah." He hesitated a moment, as much to let the others get out as to calm himself down. He wasn't at all sure what to expect. He didn't even know what he was going to say to Justin. He decided he was glad to have backup.

"You guys ready?" He asked, leading the way towards the diner.
Joshua nodded as he opened his car door. "That sounds good, yeah." He hesitated a moment, as much to let the others get out as to calm himself down. He wasn't at all sure what to expect. He didn't even know what he was going to say to Justin. He decided he was glad to have backup.

"You guys ready?" He asked, leading the way towards the diner.
YJ8beQm.png
((the plan seems to be have everyone go in, Josh flags Justin down so he doesn't see Rhys or Mandy, and then Josh will call them over? Just going to bump this along so the fun can begin XD))

It's noted therevs a middle aged waitress working the night shift, and a small group of teenagers at a corner booth further down.

Everyone is in place and within moments--the waitress hasn't even had a chance to stop by either table, Josh sees Justin walk in. Neither Rhys nor Mandy have a vantage point to see Justin, but Josh does (pm forth coming). Though the other two can't here see him they can hear him.

"Hey Josh," his voice is smooth and calm as he rounds the booth.

The waitress approaches Rhys and Mandy, "Anything to drink tonight?" She asks in a manner that is friendly, but let's face it, it's 2 am.

"A coke for both if us," Mandy says. Her voice is softer yet, and hurried. She gives an apologetic look to Rhys for ordering for him but she just wants the waitress to leave.
((the plan seems to be have everyone go in, Josh flags Justin down so he doesn't see Rhys or Mandy, and then Josh will call them over? Just going to bump this along so the fun can begin XD))

It's noted therevs a middle aged waitress working the night shift, and a small group of teenagers at a corner booth further down.

Everyone is in place and within moments--the waitress hasn't even had a chance to stop by either table, Josh sees Justin walk in. Neither Rhys nor Mandy have a vantage point to see Justin, but Josh does (pm forth coming). Though the other two can't here see him they can hear him.

"Hey Josh," his voice is smooth and calm as he rounds the booth.

The waitress approaches Rhys and Mandy, "Anything to drink tonight?" She asks in a manner that is friendly, but let's face it, it's 2 am.

"A coke for both if us," Mandy says. Her voice is softer yet, and hurried. She gives an apologetic look to Rhys for ordering for him but she just wants the waitress to leave.
((Yeah...Rhys is of that type that would stick up for Justin for the sake of Josh, and probably Josh, too, if the teammates rag on him about it.))

"Ready as we'll ever be..." Rhys muttered to what was probably a rhetorical question from Josh. Josh entered first, and Rhys took hold of the door after he went in, holding it open for Mandy. They held back and found a table nearby. They weren't in Justin's line of sight, and he wasn't in theirs, but they could hear him.

When the waitress approached him and Mandy, he was about to open his mouth and ask for coffee. Mandy beat him to the punch, ordering Cokes for both of them. He mentally shrugged and let it slide. Something in Mandy's manner made her seem on edge, and just wanting the waitress gone. He was a bit on edge himself. "Well, here goes..."
((Yeah...Rhys is of that type that would stick up for Justin for the sake of Josh, and probably Josh, too, if the teammates rag on him about it.))

"Ready as we'll ever be..." Rhys muttered to what was probably a rhetorical question from Josh. Josh entered first, and Rhys took hold of the door after he went in, holding it open for Mandy. They held back and found a table nearby. They weren't in Justin's line of sight, and he wasn't in theirs, but they could hear him.

When the waitress approached him and Mandy, he was about to open his mouth and ask for coffee. Mandy beat him to the punch, ordering Cokes for both of them. He mentally shrugged and let it slide. Something in Mandy's manner made her seem on edge, and just wanting the waitress gone. He was a bit on edge himself. "Well, here goes..."
"Justin?" Joshua asked, half-rising from his seat then sitting down again. Justin looked... awful, like he hadn't been taking care of himself at all. He was at a total loss of what to say. He'd been expecting Justin as he'd been two years ago and was completely unprepared to see his brother this way.

So many questions rushed through his mind. What happened to you? Where have you been? Is someone after you? What's going on? Instead, the questions that came out Joshua's mouth was, "Uh... how've you been?" Stupid. The answer to that's pretty obvious.

Joshua looked over Justin's shoulder, hoping Mandy and Rhys were on their way over.
"Justin?" Joshua asked, half-rising from his seat then sitting down again. Justin looked... awful, like he hadn't been taking care of himself at all. He was at a total loss of what to say. He'd been expecting Justin as he'd been two years ago and was completely unprepared to see his brother this way.

So many questions rushed through his mind. What happened to you? Where have you been? Is someone after you? What's going on? Instead, the questions that came out Joshua's mouth was, "Uh... how've you been?" Stupid. The answer to that's pretty obvious.

Joshua looked over Justin's shoulder, hoping Mandy and Rhys were on their way over.
YJ8beQm.png
Mandy shifts, her fingers drumming nervously on the table. She grabs a napkin from the despenser on the table and scribbles a quick note on it after producing a pen from her purse. She slides it to Rhys (see forthcoming pm)

Before getting Mandy and Rhys there sodas, the waitress stops by Joshua's and Justin's table.

"You boys--" She halts for a second starring, "--need anything to drink?"

"I'm good," Justin shakes his head, "I can't stay too long anyhow. Though to answer your question, Josh, I'm fine really. That nite I sent you," He shakes his head with a dry chuckle, "just a weird misunderstanding."
Mandy shifts, her fingers drumming nervously on the table. She grabs a napkin from the despenser on the table and scribbles a quick note on it after producing a pen from her purse. She slides it to Rhys (see forthcoming pm)

Before getting Mandy and Rhys there sodas, the waitress stops by Joshua's and Justin's table.

"You boys--" She halts for a second starring, "--need anything to drink?"

"I'm good," Justin shakes his head, "I can't stay too long anyhow. Though to answer your question, Josh, I'm fine really. That nite I sent you," He shakes his head with a dry chuckle, "just a weird misunderstanding."
Rhys glanced towards where Josh went. He caught a glimpse of an unkempt person from behind. Was that Justin?!? He glanced towards Josh, hoping for some sort of signal. Maybe they should have thought of that.

A movement from Mandy drew his attention back, as she slide a napkin towards him with some writing on it. He took the pen and scrawled a reply, sliding it back to her. He glanced towards Josh again, wondering if he needed backup. He raised his hand and wobbled it a bit, hoping Josh would see it.
Rhys glanced towards where Josh went. He caught a glimpse of an unkempt person from behind. Was that Justin?!? He glanced towards Josh, hoping for some sort of signal. Maybe they should have thought of that.

A movement from Mandy drew his attention back, as she slide a napkin towards him with some writing on it. He took the pen and scrawled a reply, sliding it back to her. He glanced towards Josh again, wondering if he needed backup. He raised his hand and wobbled it a bit, hoping Josh would see it.
"A misunderstanding!?" Joshua exploded. He glanced apologetically at the waitress. "We're gunna need a minute," he said. Once she left, he leaned across the table and kept his voice low but insistent. "You can't just send me a note out of blue after two years of silence, telling me that..." he glanced around furtively and lowered his voice further, "that someone's life is in danger, possibly your own, and then tell me it was 'just a misunderstanding.' What's going on?"

Movement caught his eye as Rhys waved his hand in the air. Joshua made eye-contact and saw the question in Rhys' face. He gave one, quick nod, hoping Rhys would understand that it was time for him and Mandy to get over here.

Something in Justin's manner made Joshua fear that his brother would disappear all too quickly. And this time, he really might not turn up again. He had to stop that from happening.
"A misunderstanding!?" Joshua exploded. He glanced apologetically at the waitress. "We're gunna need a minute," he said. Once she left, he leaned across the table and kept his voice low but insistent. "You can't just send me a note out of blue after two years of silence, telling me that..." he glanced around furtively and lowered his voice further, "that someone's life is in danger, possibly your own, and then tell me it was 'just a misunderstanding.' What's going on?"

Movement caught his eye as Rhys waved his hand in the air. Joshua made eye-contact and saw the question in Rhys' face. He gave one, quick nod, hoping Rhys would understand that it was time for him and Mandy to get over here.

Something in Justin's manner made Joshua fear that his brother would disappear all too quickly. And this time, he really might not turn up again. He had to stop that from happening.
YJ8beQm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10