Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Living World (THE FINAL CHAPTER)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 102 103
"Yes, that's quite true. And no, it's not weird, and also any kind works. But I always thought other dragon ones were the most preferable, until this human wandered from no where into my lair . . . They aren't better, they just have more energy than others. Another to put it, would you rather eat blackberries or would you rather have steak after a hard fight?"

He looked at the being by him. What is she thinking? He can never sense other's feelings well, perhaps he doesn't feel much either. Oh don't worry. I was never scarred physically. But you know the innocent look angels give? I once had that too you know . . ." And then he clasped his mouth together, as if he had said too much. Too much . . . Sometimes he wants to tell his thoughts, his past to someone. Someone who understand him. Who wouldn't think him as a murderer. But who will he find someone like that? He give a sad laugh. "But I never had to kill in order to not starve. Yet not all can even live with it without torturing themselves, and some might not overuse it in the wrong way. if I bit you, would you want to take my burdens of my curse?"

The beer was wearing off him. Slowly he pushed those feeble thoughts away, back into their old prison, locked up. "Besides, who said I was physically scarred? Unless you're saying my face is horrid?" He grinned, Raphael can feel his old self back again. The side that had gone through all his hardships. The side that would survive, unlike the side that was telling his own thoughts. Unlike the side that was in control until the drink wore off. Unlike the side the side that would be too weak and kind to survive.
"Yes, that's quite true. And no, it's not weird, and also any kind works. But I always thought other dragon ones were the most preferable, until this human wandered from no where into my lair . . . They aren't better, they just have more energy than others. Another to put it, would you rather eat blackberries or would you rather have steak after a hard fight?"

He looked at the being by him. What is she thinking? He can never sense other's feelings well, perhaps he doesn't feel much either. Oh don't worry. I was never scarred physically. But you know the innocent look angels give? I once had that too you know . . ." And then he clasped his mouth together, as if he had said too much. Too much . . . Sometimes he wants to tell his thoughts, his past to someone. Someone who understand him. Who wouldn't think him as a murderer. But who will he find someone like that? He give a sad laugh. "But I never had to kill in order to not starve. Yet not all can even live with it without torturing themselves, and some might not overuse it in the wrong way. if I bit you, would you want to take my burdens of my curse?"

The beer was wearing off him. Slowly he pushed those feeble thoughts away, back into their old prison, locked up. "Besides, who said I was physically scarred? Unless you're saying my face is horrid?" He grinned, Raphael can feel his old self back again. The side that had gone through all his hardships. The side that would survive, unlike the side that was telling his own thoughts. Unlike the side that was in control until the drink wore off. Unlike the side the side that would be too weak and kind to survive.
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!

Lucine watched as the Whisper easily looked over her head, giving a small wave to the young boy. She turned around to look at him, noticing how instead of looking scared, he just looked curious. It made Lucine even more curious, but she turned back to the Whisper after giving the boy another reassuring smile, as if to tell him that the strange creature was friend and not foe.

She felt a bit of color rising in her cheeks as the creature laughed at her calling Callum a cute child. She sighed, feeling it drain and her mood replaced with worry as she thought of Thalia, sent off to find a potentially dangerous other child, all by herself. Lucine cursed herself under her breath, but she didn’t know what else she was supposed to do. Though she didn’t exactly care as much about the middle child as she did the other two, she still wanted to make sure he was alright. She took a deep breath, shaking her head.

“I wasn’t really sure what other action I could take..” She stated, in an attempt to defend
herself. This was true, though she truly didn’t believe it to be an adequate rebuttal. She stepped aside as the Whisper entered the room, following it and kneeling down in front of Callum as well, watching as the Whisper asked Callum about his level of pain. Lucine became worried about his answer, glancing at the Whisper before back to Callum. She wished she had thought of asking this earlier.

Lucine smiled at the child as he looked to her, giving him a small nod “You can trust him,” She said, hoping it would be slightly reassuring, “He’s a friend of mine.” This was exactly true, but it was the best way she could think to let the young boy trust the.. whatever Whisper was. She averted her gaze slightly as the boy showed off his bruises, not really wanting to look at them again. She took a deep breath and turned her attention back to the boy, then at the door. If Thalia didn’t return soon Lucine would have to go looking for her. She glanced at the Whisper at the same time it looked at her.

She began to think if she had anything to give the child to make him feel better. All her medicines had been lost when she blew up a while back, leaving them scattered on the floor. If they maybe had anything here for her to give the boy, or make into something to give him, that would be helpful. There would probably be such things in the kitchen, she would check after being certain Callum was a bit more comfortable. She stood as the Whisper moved Callum to the bed, watching to make sure it didn’t hurt the child, inching a bit closer.

She jumped ever so slightly as the Whispered turned its’ attention towards her, listening to what it was asking her to do. She was slightly surprised at what it happened to know, however she didn’t let it surprise her for two long. She muttered what it asked her to do under her breath, racking her brain for information she had. All of the medical information the girl prided herself on seemed to have disappeared at the current moment, but what she did remember matched up pretty well. She nodded.

“I’m afraid I lost all of my herbs in a small incident I’m sure you were aware of. I am fairly certain, however, that this home will contain water. I can search around the kitchen for some.” She said, giving a slight nod.

“Can I trust you to sit with the boy?” She asked him, looking down at Callum. “Please do call for me should a situation arise.. I suppose one of us should also run to look for Thalia. I imagine, erm, our mutual friend has sent you on more than a few errands, so I would be more than happy to search for her to give you a bit of a break.” She watched it turn away from her with its’ eyes closed, and she was a bit scared to move, standing there looking between Callum and the Whisper.

She tilted her head as the Whisper addressed her again, processing what it was telling her. Callum was at Athus’ place she wondered, taking care not to mutter this. She didn’t really know if she was happy with that idea, even if it was past Athus. She doubted she would be leaving this home until the father returned, however she was worried about Callum being at Athus’. If it was so close, she could probably just pop in to check on him. He was at least better being there than here.

Lucine bowed her head slightly, looking to the younger Callum, “I’m going to step out for a moment,” She said to the boy, “But I’ll be right back. Whisper will sit with you, I promise you he isn’t as scary as he looks.” Lucine gave the boy one last look before leaving to go down the steps into the kitchen. The house was a bit of a wreck, and she stopped along the way to clean up small things she found, nothing that would take too long.

Entering the kitchen, she began to search for water, hoping to find a small pitcher or bottle of it. She wondered whether or not the other boy was hiding in a cupboard, as Lucine searched through them, slightly bracing herself for him to potentially jump out at her. She did, however, manage to find what she was looking for, and quickly wet another scrap of cloth she tore from her skirt. She really needed to find some new clothing.

Rushing back up the steps, she once again entered the children’s room, holding up the towel to show the Whisper. Walking up to stand beside it, she looked at the boy, holding out the cloth to the Whisper.

“I acquired it for you. The water is as cold as I could find- as far as I am aware I don’t possess ice powers.” She looked back down to Callum, giving him a smile, “I’m going to run and find your siblings, now. Can you sit with the Whisper a bit more for me? I’ll come back soon, and then I won’t leave until your father returns.” She looked to the Whisper, sighing.

“Do your best to get him to sleep, if you can please,” She asked, moving slightly towards the door, “Though I understand if that is not possible. Should his father return before I do I would advise trying to hide from him. He will most likely be intoxicated and, well, I believe you can assume what I am implying.”
Lucine went back down the stairs again and out into the street, off to look for Thalia, feeling guilt and worry about sending the girl out on her own. She felt strangely attached and responsible for the girl.

Felicity chuckled a bit at the wolf pup, opening the door to let the both of them outside. She took a deep breath as the air filled her lungs, looking down at the pup, giving it a warm smile.

“Y’look rather please with yerself, cutie,” She said, reaching down to give the pup a pet behind the ears “I bet yer companion treats ya well.”

She found herself looking up to the sky, taking a deep breath. It was quiet, and gravity seemed to be hitting the werewolf again, causing her to feel like she was going to collapse, her gut twisting up inside her. She missed her family.

“Y’remind me of someone,” she told the wolf pup, moving on to petting in between her ears, “M’daughter. Not really sure if she was a wolf like us, or a vampire, or some weird mixture of the two. Never really got ta see her grow up.” Felicity held back a sniffle. Now, she wouldn’t be able to.

Felicity took a deep breath, sighing, “I miss her. Miss Callidora too. I wanna try and fix things, y’know? Make sure it doesn’ end the way it did. I wanna save m’family..” She gave a small, sad smile to the wolf. She didn’t feel weird talking to her, she was a wolf too. She appreciated the company.

Lucine watched as the Whisper easily looked over her head, giving a small wave to the young boy. She turned around to look at him, noticing how instead of looking scared, he just looked curious. It made Lucine even more curious, but she turned back to the Whisper after giving the boy another reassuring smile, as if to tell him that the strange creature was friend and not foe.

She felt a bit of color rising in her cheeks as the creature laughed at her calling Callum a cute child. She sighed, feeling it drain and her mood replaced with worry as she thought of Thalia, sent off to find a potentially dangerous other child, all by herself. Lucine cursed herself under her breath, but she didn’t know what else she was supposed to do. Though she didn’t exactly care as much about the middle child as she did the other two, she still wanted to make sure he was alright. She took a deep breath, shaking her head.

“I wasn’t really sure what other action I could take..” She stated, in an attempt to defend
herself. This was true, though she truly didn’t believe it to be an adequate rebuttal. She stepped aside as the Whisper entered the room, following it and kneeling down in front of Callum as well, watching as the Whisper asked Callum about his level of pain. Lucine became worried about his answer, glancing at the Whisper before back to Callum. She wished she had thought of asking this earlier.

Lucine smiled at the child as he looked to her, giving him a small nod “You can trust him,” She said, hoping it would be slightly reassuring, “He’s a friend of mine.” This was exactly true, but it was the best way she could think to let the young boy trust the.. whatever Whisper was. She averted her gaze slightly as the boy showed off his bruises, not really wanting to look at them again. She took a deep breath and turned her attention back to the boy, then at the door. If Thalia didn’t return soon Lucine would have to go looking for her. She glanced at the Whisper at the same time it looked at her.

She began to think if she had anything to give the child to make him feel better. All her medicines had been lost when she blew up a while back, leaving them scattered on the floor. If they maybe had anything here for her to give the boy, or make into something to give him, that would be helpful. There would probably be such things in the kitchen, she would check after being certain Callum was a bit more comfortable. She stood as the Whisper moved Callum to the bed, watching to make sure it didn’t hurt the child, inching a bit closer.

She jumped ever so slightly as the Whispered turned its’ attention towards her, listening to what it was asking her to do. She was slightly surprised at what it happened to know, however she didn’t let it surprise her for two long. She muttered what it asked her to do under her breath, racking her brain for information she had. All of the medical information the girl prided herself on seemed to have disappeared at the current moment, but what she did remember matched up pretty well. She nodded.

“I’m afraid I lost all of my herbs in a small incident I’m sure you were aware of. I am fairly certain, however, that this home will contain water. I can search around the kitchen for some.” She said, giving a slight nod.

“Can I trust you to sit with the boy?” She asked him, looking down at Callum. “Please do call for me should a situation arise.. I suppose one of us should also run to look for Thalia. I imagine, erm, our mutual friend has sent you on more than a few errands, so I would be more than happy to search for her to give you a bit of a break.” She watched it turn away from her with its’ eyes closed, and she was a bit scared to move, standing there looking between Callum and the Whisper.

She tilted her head as the Whisper addressed her again, processing what it was telling her. Callum was at Athus’ place she wondered, taking care not to mutter this. She didn’t really know if she was happy with that idea, even if it was past Athus. She doubted she would be leaving this home until the father returned, however she was worried about Callum being at Athus’. If it was so close, she could probably just pop in to check on him. He was at least better being there than here.

Lucine bowed her head slightly, looking to the younger Callum, “I’m going to step out for a moment,” She said to the boy, “But I’ll be right back. Whisper will sit with you, I promise you he isn’t as scary as he looks.” Lucine gave the boy one last look before leaving to go down the steps into the kitchen. The house was a bit of a wreck, and she stopped along the way to clean up small things she found, nothing that would take too long.

Entering the kitchen, she began to search for water, hoping to find a small pitcher or bottle of it. She wondered whether or not the other boy was hiding in a cupboard, as Lucine searched through them, slightly bracing herself for him to potentially jump out at her. She did, however, manage to find what she was looking for, and quickly wet another scrap of cloth she tore from her skirt. She really needed to find some new clothing.

Rushing back up the steps, she once again entered the children’s room, holding up the towel to show the Whisper. Walking up to stand beside it, she looked at the boy, holding out the cloth to the Whisper.

“I acquired it for you. The water is as cold as I could find- as far as I am aware I don’t possess ice powers.” She looked back down to Callum, giving him a smile, “I’m going to run and find your siblings, now. Can you sit with the Whisper a bit more for me? I’ll come back soon, and then I won’t leave until your father returns.” She looked to the Whisper, sighing.

“Do your best to get him to sleep, if you can please,” She asked, moving slightly towards the door, “Though I understand if that is not possible. Should his father return before I do I would advise trying to hide from him. He will most likely be intoxicated and, well, I believe you can assume what I am implying.”
Lucine went back down the stairs again and out into the street, off to look for Thalia, feeling guilt and worry about sending the girl out on her own. She felt strangely attached and responsible for the girl.

Felicity chuckled a bit at the wolf pup, opening the door to let the both of them outside. She took a deep breath as the air filled her lungs, looking down at the pup, giving it a warm smile.

“Y’look rather please with yerself, cutie,” She said, reaching down to give the pup a pet behind the ears “I bet yer companion treats ya well.”

She found herself looking up to the sky, taking a deep breath. It was quiet, and gravity seemed to be hitting the werewolf again, causing her to feel like she was going to collapse, her gut twisting up inside her. She missed her family.

“Y’remind me of someone,” she told the wolf pup, moving on to petting in between her ears, “M’daughter. Not really sure if she was a wolf like us, or a vampire, or some weird mixture of the two. Never really got ta see her grow up.” Felicity held back a sniffle. Now, she wouldn’t be able to.

Felicity took a deep breath, sighing, “I miss her. Miss Callidora too. I wanna try and fix things, y’know? Make sure it doesn’ end the way it did. I wanna save m’family..” She gave a small, sad smile to the wolf. She didn’t feel weird talking to her, she was a wolf too. She appreciated the company.

6e8c15587309060691decb243672cc05.gif
Just like always, the lynx was careful to study everything surrounded them, from every corners to every houses and the people that live in it, though she made a mental note on not to stare at them as it would consider to be rude. The streets definitely look much different than what it would turn out to be in the future for them, if the Empire took a hold of it, these people has been through hardship, and all because of the clans and monsters that driven them to live in fear.

They'd rise and spat on those who have wronged them, forcing non-humans to become slaves, or much worst, June didn't know whether to think about it, the humans blamed on the non-humans for their miserable, treating them as nothing but trash in the end, and she had blamed the humans for the cause of everything, proceed to drive them all to the edge of extinction in the end, who was the monster here?

She didn't say anything, quietly taking in the world around her, and then to Tem, the vampire had been dodging every questions about parenting, and everything has been directed to June only this far, she knew that she shouldn't be getting all insecure over this for now. She feared that she might slipped into her unhealthy drinking habit, which should have been a thing during this period back in their past, but she felt like she shouldn't, she could just let it all built up, until it broke like a dam.

She shook her head a bit, forcing herself out of that thought before the voices could get to her, looking back at the refugees stuffed in a house like sardine, these people are scared, they are afraid, June frowned a bit, hatred bloomed from fear. The one thing she didn't realize, that there were also Human clans.

However she was pulled back to reality, watching as Tem knocked on the door. Then stiffened a bit at the face that had come to the door to answered it, she recognized him as Athus' closest comrade, but there has been rumor that they used to be something more, but due to an accident that changed all of that. She noticed that the man didn't look as pale as she remembered, her eyes drawn down to the ring on his finger, interesting.

Again, expected he noticed the symbol on her shirt, why was it that everyone recognized it even when the Faction isn't a thing anymore? June felt a jolt as she remembered that at this time in their past, the Hunters weren't even around here until very later on, which explained why the city fell vulnerable to the Clans. June only nodded in confirm to Tem, then dipped her head in a manner of polite to Hythen as he invited them inside.

June studied the house, it wasn't as luxury as she would have expected for Athus' lifestyle, looks like he got no subject to experiment on now, and with his massive collection of books, eh? She carefully stepped around the small space, careful not to break anything and kept her head a bit low and her eyes trained on the ground so that she wouldn't accidentally stepped over something.

"It's fine." She declined his offer with a small smile, feeling a bit uneasy that she had punched him before, well, in the future, and now he was acting all polite and hospitable, it made her feel bad "We're just here to see our group, you see.. we have some very important matter at hand that needed to be discussed with everyone around.." Her eyes trained on Tem "Unless you want something..?" She raised an eyebrow at the vampire, obviously the child isn't going to be feeding off on only blood like Tem.
Just like always, the lynx was careful to study everything surrounded them, from every corners to every houses and the people that live in it, though she made a mental note on not to stare at them as it would consider to be rude. The streets definitely look much different than what it would turn out to be in the future for them, if the Empire took a hold of it, these people has been through hardship, and all because of the clans and monsters that driven them to live in fear.

They'd rise and spat on those who have wronged them, forcing non-humans to become slaves, or much worst, June didn't know whether to think about it, the humans blamed on the non-humans for their miserable, treating them as nothing but trash in the end, and she had blamed the humans for the cause of everything, proceed to drive them all to the edge of extinction in the end, who was the monster here?

She didn't say anything, quietly taking in the world around her, and then to Tem, the vampire had been dodging every questions about parenting, and everything has been directed to June only this far, she knew that she shouldn't be getting all insecure over this for now. She feared that she might slipped into her unhealthy drinking habit, which should have been a thing during this period back in their past, but she felt like she shouldn't, she could just let it all built up, until it broke like a dam.

She shook her head a bit, forcing herself out of that thought before the voices could get to her, looking back at the refugees stuffed in a house like sardine, these people are scared, they are afraid, June frowned a bit, hatred bloomed from fear. The one thing she didn't realize, that there were also Human clans.

However she was pulled back to reality, watching as Tem knocked on the door. Then stiffened a bit at the face that had come to the door to answered it, she recognized him as Athus' closest comrade, but there has been rumor that they used to be something more, but due to an accident that changed all of that. She noticed that the man didn't look as pale as she remembered, her eyes drawn down to the ring on his finger, interesting.

Again, expected he noticed the symbol on her shirt, why was it that everyone recognized it even when the Faction isn't a thing anymore? June felt a jolt as she remembered that at this time in their past, the Hunters weren't even around here until very later on, which explained why the city fell vulnerable to the Clans. June only nodded in confirm to Tem, then dipped her head in a manner of polite to Hythen as he invited them inside.

June studied the house, it wasn't as luxury as she would have expected for Athus' lifestyle, looks like he got no subject to experiment on now, and with his massive collection of books, eh? She carefully stepped around the small space, careful not to break anything and kept her head a bit low and her eyes trained on the ground so that she wouldn't accidentally stepped over something.

"It's fine." She declined his offer with a small smile, feeling a bit uneasy that she had punched him before, well, in the future, and now he was acting all polite and hospitable, it made her feel bad "We're just here to see our group, you see.. we have some very important matter at hand that needed to be discussed with everyone around.." Her eyes trained on Tem "Unless you want something..?" She raised an eyebrow at the vampire, obviously the child isn't going to be feeding off on only blood like Tem.
Athus listened in fascination as Call explained the Mark. He looked at it, trying to figure out what it reminded him of. "That can't have been a pleasant experience..." he looked up as Hythen left, sinking back in his chair unhappily. He watched the door wistfully, looking a little lonely all of a sudden before snapping back to himself. "Torvald... He's the General," he said unhappily. "As bad as they get. He raids their villages in retaliation. As though they weren't just like our villages! They have nothing to do with the Clans. He lets his soldiers get away with anything. I'm not in his regiment, and I consider myself lucky."

His expression darkened as he looked out of the window. "His regiment is the only one effective in driving back the Clans. But it's not because his methods work, it's because he's a bloody murderer and they're scared of him. This stays in this room. Please," he looked back to Call, his expression worried.

Tem shook her head. "'m all good. I've got you, remember?" She said teasingly. It didn't occur to her she might have to eat more than blood for the baby. Either way, June's blood was a stable diet.

Hythen led them through to the living room, moving a couple of books off the chairs. "They're all here... hopefully. Unless they didn't want to be. Call is talking to Athus in his study. I can go and get them if you want."
Athus listened in fascination as Call explained the Mark. He looked at it, trying to figure out what it reminded him of. "That can't have been a pleasant experience..." he looked up as Hythen left, sinking back in his chair unhappily. He watched the door wistfully, looking a little lonely all of a sudden before snapping back to himself. "Torvald... He's the General," he said unhappily. "As bad as they get. He raids their villages in retaliation. As though they weren't just like our villages! They have nothing to do with the Clans. He lets his soldiers get away with anything. I'm not in his regiment, and I consider myself lucky."

His expression darkened as he looked out of the window. "His regiment is the only one effective in driving back the Clans. But it's not because his methods work, it's because he's a bloody murderer and they're scared of him. This stays in this room. Please," he looked back to Call, his expression worried.

Tem shook her head. "'m all good. I've got you, remember?" She said teasingly. It didn't occur to her she might have to eat more than blood for the baby. Either way, June's blood was a stable diet.

Hythen led them through to the living room, moving a couple of books off the chairs. "They're all here... hopefully. Unless they didn't want to be. Call is talking to Athus in his study. I can go and get them if you want."
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
June raised an eyebrow at her “I’m not a great cook if that’s what you’re implying..” She smiled nervously at her bond but she knew that Tem might not been talking about that, and it also hit her that the vampire didn’t really acknowledge that the baby was going to need something more than just blood, and she gulped a bit, Tem feeding off of her blood was one thing, but that blood that was going to be used to raise the baby? Now that’s a bit unsettling, and what would the child think if they finds out once they get older.

But she would talk about it to Tem later... and the vampire’s lack of motivation to question her about anything that has to do with this at all concerned her, maybe they were both very new at this whole thing and Tem had never consider it ever at all in her entire life of five centuries and June was even more rusted, she never experienced it first hand, everything she learned so far was theoretically only and generally things about her species reproduction and all that, never she would have thought to be in this situation.

June gestured her bond over to the chairs and sat down on them, turning back to Hythen and nodded at his offering to get the others “If you don’t mind, that’d be best, thank you. But tell them that they could come out whenever they’re ready, alright? It’s.. nothing urgent for now and I wouldn’t want to interrupt anything important.”
June raised an eyebrow at her “I’m not a great cook if that’s what you’re implying..” She smiled nervously at her bond but she knew that Tem might not been talking about that, and it also hit her that the vampire didn’t really acknowledge that the baby was going to need something more than just blood, and she gulped a bit, Tem feeding off of her blood was one thing, but that blood that was going to be used to raise the baby? Now that’s a bit unsettling, and what would the child think if they finds out once they get older.

But she would talk about it to Tem later... and the vampire’s lack of motivation to question her about anything that has to do with this at all concerned her, maybe they were both very new at this whole thing and Tem had never consider it ever at all in her entire life of five centuries and June was even more rusted, she never experienced it first hand, everything she learned so far was theoretically only and generally things about her species reproduction and all that, never she would have thought to be in this situation.

June gestured her bond over to the chairs and sat down on them, turning back to Hythen and nodded at his offering to get the others “If you don’t mind, that’d be best, thank you. But tell them that they could come out whenever they’re ready, alright? It’s.. nothing urgent for now and I wouldn’t want to interrupt anything important.”
Hythen nodded and left to the study, to talk to Athus. Tem leaned into June contentedly. "You wouldn't have thought they lived here before the Council..." She commented quietly. "Why did you ask if I needed food, love? You know I don't need anything else..." She leaned in and kissed her neck, humming contentedly. "Is something wrong?"

Hythen went back into the study, and Athus looked up from talking to Call. "There's a Hunter and a vampire here, saying this is their group," he looked a little worried. "Maybe it's best you stay upstairs, they only needed Call as far as I could tell."

Athus shook his head, looking away briefly. "It's fine. I was going to come down anyway. Do you know them, Call?"
Hythen nodded and left to the study, to talk to Athus. Tem leaned into June contentedly. "You wouldn't have thought they lived here before the Council..." She commented quietly. "Why did you ask if I needed food, love? You know I don't need anything else..." She leaned in and kissed her neck, humming contentedly. "Is something wrong?"

Hythen went back into the study, and Athus looked up from talking to Call. "There's a Hunter and a vampire here, saying this is their group," he looked a little worried. "Maybe it's best you stay upstairs, they only needed Call as far as I could tell."

Athus shook his head, looking away briefly. "It's fine. I was going to come down anyway. Do you know them, Call?"
June sighed a bit, watching as Hythen left then as the vampire leaned into her, gently running her fingers through Tem’s hair “I wouldn’t know... and you did notice the ring on his finger right?” She frowned a bit, already put two and two together but still, she didn’t recall seeing any rings on Hythen back then, and that he was paler “I didn’t get the whole calling him ‘Lizard’ thing...” June murmured, her eyes lingered at the entrance of the room where Hythen had left to get Callum.

Then her gaze was drawn back to Tem “Oh..” She frowned a bit, nervously “Well, you don’t but the baby might..” She explained, well she was right about them being new at this, as obvious as it could get. For some reason she didn’t purr as the vampire leaned in to kiss her neck, she couldn’t tell why, but she did made a small rumbling noise, hearing Tem’s contented humming.

“Nothing’s wrong..” She murmured into her hair “It’s just.. I don’t know, we’re inexperienced with this whole.. situation and it just happened so quick that.. I’m afraid that something might go wrong..” She didn’t specific on what, probably that she didn’t know, or that she didn’t want to say, but one thing for certain that June didn’t have the very least knowledge on dealing with hybrid Sunvaar, or if any existed at all, she couldn’t tell, there might be a very few out there that she has yet to learn about, and much less a Sunvaar being carried by a vampire mother too, how did that even work?

So far Tem has been showing signs of a normal Sunvaar’s prenancy, but June didn’t want to jinx anything “And there’s also the thing about drinking my blood.. love, it’s going to be used for feeding the baby and well..” She trailed off awkwardly, rubbing at the back of her neck a bit, she wasn’t quite sure if it’d be disturbing for the child if they finds out, or if it’d be a completely normal thing, but as for her species, they definitely didn’t feed off on their parents blood.
June sighed a bit, watching as Hythen left then as the vampire leaned into her, gently running her fingers through Tem’s hair “I wouldn’t know... and you did notice the ring on his finger right?” She frowned a bit, already put two and two together but still, she didn’t recall seeing any rings on Hythen back then, and that he was paler “I didn’t get the whole calling him ‘Lizard’ thing...” June murmured, her eyes lingered at the entrance of the room where Hythen had left to get Callum.

Then her gaze was drawn back to Tem “Oh..” She frowned a bit, nervously “Well, you don’t but the baby might..” She explained, well she was right about them being new at this, as obvious as it could get. For some reason she didn’t purr as the vampire leaned in to kiss her neck, she couldn’t tell why, but she did made a small rumbling noise, hearing Tem’s contented humming.

“Nothing’s wrong..” She murmured into her hair “It’s just.. I don’t know, we’re inexperienced with this whole.. situation and it just happened so quick that.. I’m afraid that something might go wrong..” She didn’t specific on what, probably that she didn’t know, or that she didn’t want to say, but one thing for certain that June didn’t have the very least knowledge on dealing with hybrid Sunvaar, or if any existed at all, she couldn’t tell, there might be a very few out there that she has yet to learn about, and much less a Sunvaar being carried by a vampire mother too, how did that even work?

So far Tem has been showing signs of a normal Sunvaar’s prenancy, but June didn’t want to jinx anything “And there’s also the thing about drinking my blood.. love, it’s going to be used for feeding the baby and well..” She trailed off awkwardly, rubbing at the back of her neck a bit, she wasn’t quite sure if it’d be disturbing for the child if they finds out, or if it’d be a completely normal thing, but as for her species, they definitely didn’t feed off on their parents blood.
Tem pulled away and looked up at her worriedly. "It'll be okay, love... I'm sure of that... they wouldn't have let this happen otherwise," she took June's hand and put it over the mark. "The Shepherd knows you're my bond, and this was going to happen. I don't think they're messing with you." She said gently, leaning in and kissing June. "I'll eat something, then," she looked a little ashamed. To think about it, it didn't seem right to feed a baby blood. She didn't have much if any experience with baby vampires, either way. "You don't need to worry. It'll be okay."

Tem took life as it came. That was one of her main ideals. Forward thinking was not her strong point; she had been dead for five centuries, and wasn't in any real danger of truly dying, so there was no need to worry about tomorrow. She realised this probably wasn't the best mindset for dealing with a child, but what else was she supposed to do?

Athus stood up, waiting for Call to do so too before they headed downstairs to the living room. Most of the group were in the kitchen. Athus didn't look at June directly; he couldn't bring himself to. He also had a ring on his finger. "You're welcome to stay," he sighed a little. "I'm sorry about the space issue, we'll find some blankets or something..." he glanced at Hythen. "Why are you in Colsar? Aren't you a Hunter?"
Tem pulled away and looked up at her worriedly. "It'll be okay, love... I'm sure of that... they wouldn't have let this happen otherwise," she took June's hand and put it over the mark. "The Shepherd knows you're my bond, and this was going to happen. I don't think they're messing with you." She said gently, leaning in and kissing June. "I'll eat something, then," she looked a little ashamed. To think about it, it didn't seem right to feed a baby blood. She didn't have much if any experience with baby vampires, either way. "You don't need to worry. It'll be okay."

Tem took life as it came. That was one of her main ideals. Forward thinking was not her strong point; she had been dead for five centuries, and wasn't in any real danger of truly dying, so there was no need to worry about tomorrow. She realised this probably wasn't the best mindset for dealing with a child, but what else was she supposed to do?

Athus stood up, waiting for Call to do so too before they headed downstairs to the living room. Most of the group were in the kitchen. Athus didn't look at June directly; he couldn't bring himself to. He also had a ring on his finger. "You're welcome to stay," he sighed a little. "I'm sorry about the space issue, we'll find some blankets or something..." he glanced at Hythen. "Why are you in Colsar? Aren't you a Hunter?"
She craned her neck a bit to look down at Tem in slight surprise as she pulled away and looked up at her worriedly, she recoiled a bit, nervously as she realized that she made her bond worried, she was about to say something but the words died at the tip of her tongue as Tem took her hand and put it over the mark, she couldn't exactly feel anything this early and she probably wouldn't be until the third month, when the child had completed their rapid development period.

June only hummed softly, the Shepherd's intention to remove the seal off of her this early was still a mystery, but what happen, happened, she'd focus on taking care of her bond and their baby for now, taking what was offered to her, even it was unexpected, and with this whole time-traveling thing they're dealing with to fix the future and give the world a purpose again. She leaned into the kiss, briefly closed her eyes then look down at Tem with affectionate "Don't worry, love, it doesn't mean that you'd have to give up on the blood diet entirely." She chuckled quietly.

"The baby is a half of you too.." She murmured, squeezed at the vampire's hand and kept them over the symbol on her lower abdomen "Just think about it, our child is going to be first actively known Sunvaar hybrid, people will have to deal with a blood-drinking lynx now." She said playfully, biting at the vampire's nose teasingly but then she fixed her posture as she heard footsteps approached the room again.

Still holding Tem close, June looked up at Athus and Hythen, she subtly narrowed her eyes as Athus even look at her, whether if it's because she was a Hunter or another reason "It's alright, I wouldn't want to overstay the welcome." She cleared her throat a bit, she could tell that he had an issue with her only, she would be fine if it means that the group had a place to stay, included Tem "I am." There was no point in lying "And we've got new order from our leader, she'd dividing the groups, some would stay out there at the front to deal with the monsters, while the others were sent back here to help with this whole Clans problem, we were unaware of the issue before... but now that we've received news on such thing, it'd be best if we lend a hand. And it looks like that our group was the first to arrive, me, personally, was simply sent back to help them."
She craned her neck a bit to look down at Tem in slight surprise as she pulled away and looked up at her worriedly, she recoiled a bit, nervously as she realized that she made her bond worried, she was about to say something but the words died at the tip of her tongue as Tem took her hand and put it over the mark, she couldn't exactly feel anything this early and she probably wouldn't be until the third month, when the child had completed their rapid development period.

June only hummed softly, the Shepherd's intention to remove the seal off of her this early was still a mystery, but what happen, happened, she'd focus on taking care of her bond and their baby for now, taking what was offered to her, even it was unexpected, and with this whole time-traveling thing they're dealing with to fix the future and give the world a purpose again. She leaned into the kiss, briefly closed her eyes then look down at Tem with affectionate "Don't worry, love, it doesn't mean that you'd have to give up on the blood diet entirely." She chuckled quietly.

"The baby is a half of you too.." She murmured, squeezed at the vampire's hand and kept them over the symbol on her lower abdomen "Just think about it, our child is going to be first actively known Sunvaar hybrid, people will have to deal with a blood-drinking lynx now." She said playfully, biting at the vampire's nose teasingly but then she fixed her posture as she heard footsteps approached the room again.

Still holding Tem close, June looked up at Athus and Hythen, she subtly narrowed her eyes as Athus even look at her, whether if it's because she was a Hunter or another reason "It's alright, I wouldn't want to overstay the welcome." She cleared her throat a bit, she could tell that he had an issue with her only, she would be fine if it means that the group had a place to stay, included Tem "I am." There was no point in lying "And we've got new order from our leader, she'd dividing the groups, some would stay out there at the front to deal with the monsters, while the others were sent back here to help with this whole Clans problem, we were unaware of the issue before... but now that we've received news on such thing, it'd be best if we lend a hand. And it looks like that our group was the first to arrive, me, personally, was simply sent back to help them."
Tem grinned at June's teasing, not caring about the new company, just leaning into her happily. Athus looked uncomfortable. "Do I know you...?" He forced himself to look at her, studying her face. "You were in Visage... You got caught in the roots, didn't you...?" He looked away again.

Hythen stepped forward, giving them a courteous dip of his head. "I'm sorry about my husband. You're welcome to stay as long as you need to," he said warmly. "I'll find something for you to eat all the same, I'm sure we have a few things to scrape together."

Athus made to leave the room, going to the kitchen, mostly out of curiosity about the group. Hythen looked between the two of them. "I'm sorry. It's just the war, you know, it does that to people. You're not to blame. It's amazing news the Hunters are coming back. All things considered, we just can't keep the Clans away forever." He seemed genuinely grateful.
Tem grinned at June's teasing, not caring about the new company, just leaning into her happily. Athus looked uncomfortable. "Do I know you...?" He forced himself to look at her, studying her face. "You were in Visage... You got caught in the roots, didn't you...?" He looked away again.

Hythen stepped forward, giving them a courteous dip of his head. "I'm sorry about my husband. You're welcome to stay as long as you need to," he said warmly. "I'll find something for you to eat all the same, I'm sure we have a few things to scrape together."

Athus made to leave the room, going to the kitchen, mostly out of curiosity about the group. Hythen looked between the two of them. "I'm sorry. It's just the war, you know, it does that to people. You're not to blame. It's amazing news the Hunters are coming back. All things considered, we just can't keep the Clans away forever." He seemed genuinely grateful.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 102 103