Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Under the knife (1x1)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98
Regulus smiles. "Thank you sir. I would like to, to make sure she's ok." He says before looking at the herbs. He takes them gently and begins to chew them carefully. Being a pearlcatcher he ate plants and insects commonly. "They prevent decay?" He asks. He looked at Vendetta for a moment. "I'm sure Aster will want to thank you Sawbones. We all do really. No one else accepted our request. Well... my request..." He says.
Regulus smiles. "Thank you sir. I would like to, to make sure she's ok." He says before looking at the herbs. He takes them gently and begins to chew them carefully. Being a pearlcatcher he ate plants and insects commonly. "They prevent decay?" He asks. He looked at Vendetta for a moment. "I'm sure Aster will want to thank you Sawbones. We all do really. No one else accepted our request. Well... my request..." He says.
She nodded her vocal cords sounding rusty at first. "Yes. Teeth that aren't periodically cleansed will eventually succumb to tooth decay. The herbs in these release oils that we've found both clean and repair damaged enamel. They add longevity to the teeth and gums that we've found most dragons do not have."

They headed back to the room Aster residing in, "no need for thanks really. As a surgeon I took an oath to preserve life. I am sorry that so many of my colleagues refused to help you. I suppose the daunting idea of operating on the brain was too much for them to handle, or perhaps they feared that tampering with her in that condition would only make matters worse."
She nodded her vocal cords sounding rusty at first. "Yes. Teeth that aren't periodically cleansed will eventually succumb to tooth decay. The herbs in these release oils that we've found both clean and repair damaged enamel. They add longevity to the teeth and gums that we've found most dragons do not have."

They headed back to the room Aster residing in, "no need for thanks really. As a surgeon I took an oath to preserve life. I am sorry that so many of my colleagues refused to help you. I suppose the daunting idea of operating on the brain was too much for them to handle, or perhaps they feared that tampering with her in that condition would only make matters worse."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
"I never knew that..." He says honestly. "I'll have to try and stockpile these herbs then. How are you Vendetta?" He asks kindly. The wildclaw had seen much brutality in her existence. He hoped he could help somehow. Maybe.

Regulus looks at Sawbones. "Maybe. But still I am grateful. Now she will be ok." He says walking. "What side effects would exist if this went wrong if I may ask since it was a success? Could she have become different? Or something else? Maybe worse..." He says sighing. "Anyway. Sunflare said she should be awake I think..."
"I never knew that..." He says honestly. "I'll have to try and stockpile these herbs then. How are you Vendetta?" He asks kindly. The wildclaw had seen much brutality in her existence. He hoped he could help somehow. Maybe.

Regulus looks at Sawbones. "Maybe. But still I am grateful. Now she will be ok." He says walking. "What side effects would exist if this went wrong if I may ask since it was a success? Could she have become different? Or something else? Maybe worse..." He says sighing. "Anyway. Sunflare said she should be awake I think..."
She had been momentarily confused, that question was usually reserved for after an operation or for when she'd been drugged. "I am...fine. I feel no pain or physical discomfort."

Sawbones looked down at him and grimaced, "had it been preformed wrong the side effects could range from memory loss, to paralysis, to, in the most severe cases, death. Generally though death would be instantaneous." He paused, "why?"
She had been momentarily confused, that question was usually reserved for after an operation or for when she'd been drugged. "I am...fine. I feel no pain or physical discomfort."

Sawbones looked down at him and grimaced, "had it been preformed wrong the side effects could range from memory loss, to paralysis, to, in the most severe cases, death. Generally though death would be instantaneous." He paused, "why?"
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
"I didn't mean physically..." He admits. "But I'm glad you're ok."

Regulus himself looked sick. "I didn't want to hear the risks before hand... but I felt as I should educate myself in case it occurs again. You healed her though right?" He was only curious. And perhaps he overstepped. But now he feared Sawbones thought him suspicious for only trying to understand everything about what was done to his mate.
"I didn't mean physically..." He admits. "But I'm glad you're ok."

Regulus himself looked sick. "I didn't want to hear the risks before hand... but I felt as I should educate myself in case it occurs again. You healed her though right?" He was only curious. And perhaps he overstepped. But now he feared Sawbones thought him suspicious for only trying to understand everything about what was done to his mate.
She frowned. "Apologies. My state of mental and emotional heatl is also fine. I am quite content. Thank you for your concern?" She was unsure about her final statement. This type of communication was beyond foreign to her. With Archimedes if she had an issue she would simply state it and they would discuss the issue.

"I removed the tumor, so it should not become a reoccurring problem. However until I'm able to properly examine the cells within the tumor I cannot say for certain. To the best of my ability yes, I have healed her." He nocked on the door lightly, "Madame? Would it be alright if we entered?"
She frowned. "Apologies. My state of mental and emotional heatl is also fine. I am quite content. Thank you for your concern?" She was unsure about her final statement. This type of communication was beyond foreign to her. With Archimedes if she had an issue she would simply state it and they would discuss the issue.

"I removed the tumor, so it should not become a reoccurring problem. However until I'm able to properly examine the cells within the tumor I cannot say for certain. To the best of my ability yes, I have healed her." He nocked on the door lightly, "Madame? Would it be alright if we entered?"
foto_1.png
He hears her question the ending statement. "Once Aster has her vitals checked I want to show you something." He says honestly. He felt awful for her. Like his past self was her...

"Once you examine the cells you can determine if she's ok?" He asks. Regulus was obviously stressed from this all... Aster hears the knock. "You may enter." She calls quietly from her bed." Aster opened the door for Vendetta and Sawbones. His eyes out of focus for a moment. But he comes back.
He hears her question the ending statement. "Once Aster has her vitals checked I want to show you something." He says honestly. He felt awful for her. Like his past self was her...

"Once you examine the cells you can determine if she's ok?" He asks. Regulus was obviously stressed from this all... Aster hears the knock. "You may enter." She calls quietly from her bed." Aster opened the door for Vendetta and Sawbones. His eyes out of focus for a moment. But he comes back.
She nods still utterly confused but hopeful that an answer would soon present itself.

"Yes I'll bring my results when I check up on her in two weeks." Sawbones stepped inside elegantly, while Vendetta settled herself on the other side of the door. He offered the lady a debonair smile as he walked up to the side of her bed. "Good morning Mrs. Aster, how are you feeling today? My name is Adonis Sawbones, I'm the physician who operated on you yesterday. I'd like to check your vitals to make sure your in prime physical condition."
She nods still utterly confused but hopeful that an answer would soon present itself.

"Yes I'll bring my results when I check up on her in two weeks." Sawbones stepped inside elegantly, while Vendetta settled herself on the other side of the door. He offered the lady a debonair smile as he walked up to the side of her bed. "Good morning Mrs. Aster, how are you feeling today? My name is Adonis Sawbones, I'm the physician who operated on you yesterday. I'd like to check your vitals to make sure your in prime physical condition."
foto_1.png
Regulus looks at Vendetta. "Are you always so... serious? I mean....at this rate you'll replace me as the most serious dragon alive." He says worried.

"Thank you Sawbones." Regulus says. He hoped she wouldn't need another surgery... would she be ok if she did? Aster smiles at him. "Ah Doctor Sawbones. Thank you for saving me. I hope one day I can repay you." She says with a smooth voice, her speaking wasn't affected. "I feel perfect. Like I could get up and dance again immediately. But that would be foolish after an operation like this. You may check my vitals of course." She says. She found him very charming fir some reason. And he was the first Ridgeback she had ever met.
Regulus looks at Vendetta. "Are you always so... serious? I mean....at this rate you'll replace me as the most serious dragon alive." He says worried.

"Thank you Sawbones." Regulus says. He hoped she wouldn't need another surgery... would she be ok if she did? Aster smiles at him. "Ah Doctor Sawbones. Thank you for saving me. I hope one day I can repay you." She says with a smooth voice, her speaking wasn't affected. "I feel perfect. Like I could get up and dance again immediately. But that would be foolish after an operation like this. You may check my vitals of course." She says. She found him very charming fir some reason. And he was the first Ridgeback she had ever met.
I had this funny though of her poking his nose out of curiosity and him having no idea how to respond to it)

She tipped her head, "I- yes. I have no need nor desire to provide amusement to those around me. I have found this to be the best way to convey my thoughts, and answer questions." This was neither the first nor would it be the last time Vendetta was accused of being too serious. At least Regulus had been more tactful than Raban, who had called her mechanical and humorless.

"Yes, I'm afraid you'll have to postpone your dancing for a while, however I can promise that you'll be mobile within a week's time." He He sat along side her bed so that his foreclaws were free. He held one out, "your paw if I may madame, so I can check your pulse."
I had this funny though of her poking his nose out of curiosity and him having no idea how to respond to it)

She tipped her head, "I- yes. I have no need nor desire to provide amusement to those around me. I have found this to be the best way to convey my thoughts, and answer questions." This was neither the first nor would it be the last time Vendetta was accused of being too serious. At least Regulus had been more tactful than Raban, who had called her mechanical and humorless.

"Yes, I'm afraid you'll have to postpone your dancing for a while, however I can promise that you'll be mobile within a week's time." He He sat along side her bed so that his foreclaws were free. He held one out, "your paw if I may madame, so I can check your pulse."
foto_1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 98