Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Under the knife (1x1)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 97 98
"Unfortunately my sister is trying to overshadow the clan with her grandeur. Which unfortunately is only in her head. Everyone basically ignores her rather obnoxious behavior." She says. "Sorry for my rant. Well grace comes in different ways obviously. Your claws are better than dancing. So you've found your grace. And not everyone can dance. My brothers are a great example of that, one a welder, the other learning medicine in Starfall Isles. Perhaps when mother recovers we could dance for your clan." She says smiling. "I'm glad you have been comfortable. We will continue to do our best. Once father calms down he will return. You didn't upset him, he just doesn't like being useless when exhausted.. he has never been this bad though." She continues to show him around, now at the armory.
"Unfortunately my sister is trying to overshadow the clan with her grandeur. Which unfortunately is only in her head. Everyone basically ignores her rather obnoxious behavior." She says. "Sorry for my rant. Well grace comes in different ways obviously. Your claws are better than dancing. So you've found your grace. And not everyone can dance. My brothers are a great example of that, one a welder, the other learning medicine in Starfall Isles. Perhaps when mother recovers we could dance for your clan." She says smiling. "I'm glad you have been comfortable. We will continue to do our best. Once father calms down he will return. You didn't upset him, he just doesn't like being useless when exhausted.. he has never been this bad though." She continues to show him around, now at the armory.
"That would be lovely, normally we only have gladiatorial fights. Although we've had a couple performers sing for us. Oh and your rant was quite alright, I may not be a psychologist but I'm always happy to listen if it help get something off your chest." He looked around, the armory "impressive, nearly as unnerving as the one back home. Everyone is require to own a weapon for self defense, or to wield during battle should the need arise. I myself have only seen one war as a doctor, but two of my colleagues were avid army doctors in their younger years. I feel they may have taken just as many lives as the saved." He shuddered, "and to think we all took a vow to 'do no harm'. Still desperate times and measures. You've never been in battle have you?"
"That would be lovely, normally we only have gladiatorial fights. Although we've had a couple performers sing for us. Oh and your rant was quite alright, I may not be a psychologist but I'm always happy to listen if it help get something off your chest." He looked around, the armory "impressive, nearly as unnerving as the one back home. Everyone is require to own a weapon for self defense, or to wield during battle should the need arise. I myself have only seen one war as a doctor, but two of my colleagues were avid army doctors in their younger years. I feel they may have taken just as many lives as the saved." He shuddered, "and to think we all took a vow to 'do no harm'. Still desperate times and measures. You've never been in battle have you?"
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
"Gladiatorial fights?" She asks. "Ooh singers." She says interested. "Still you're a guest. It is wrong of me to have ranted. Though I feel better." She says smiling. "We forge our own weapons to trade among other clans." She says. "We barely use our armory. It's mainly a storehouse of weapons for trading." She explains. "I have never been in battle. Father has.. though he doesn't talk about the battle. Something about fighting to protect." She mentions. "Almost none of us carry weapons right now. Sorry your doctor's may have violated your oath..." She says looking at him. "Anything you'd like to see in specific sir?"
"Gladiatorial fights?" She asks. "Ooh singers." She says interested. "Still you're a guest. It is wrong of me to have ranted. Though I feel better." She says smiling. "We forge our own weapons to trade among other clans." She says. "We barely use our armory. It's mainly a storehouse of weapons for trading." She explains. "I have never been in battle. Father has.. though he doesn't talk about the battle. Something about fighting to protect." She mentions. "Almost none of us carry weapons right now. Sorry your doctor's may have violated your oath..." She says looking at him. "Anything you'd like to see in specific sir?"
His cold eyes seemed to light up with a warm flame, though the emotion portrayed was impossible to decipher. "I'm glad you've never been tainted by war, by forcing the hand of death. If you don't mind my saying you're a beautiful girl, with a glowing personality to match. War has a way of killing that. Blood spilled from another's veins has a way of corrupting the good within. You're like a burning ember, small but full of life." His voice held a passion he hadn't shown previously. "Don't ever let someone snuff that out." He heaved a silent sigh reigning in his emotions. "Does your clan have any outdoor rooms, or pavilions? A bit of air would do me good."
His cold eyes seemed to light up with a warm flame, though the emotion portrayed was impossible to decipher. "I'm glad you've never been tainted by war, by forcing the hand of death. If you don't mind my saying you're a beautiful girl, with a glowing personality to match. War has a way of killing that. Blood spilled from another's veins has a way of corrupting the good within. You're like a burning ember, small but full of life." His voice held a passion he hadn't shown previously. "Don't ever let someone snuff that out." He heaved a silent sigh reigning in his emotions. "Does your clan have any outdoor rooms, or pavilions? A bit of air would do me good."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Ranna blushed from his comments. "No sir, only my parents have referred to me as beautiful." She says. She couldn't exactly resist his words. She hadn't heard anything like them. "What's a pavilion?" She asks. "We have some rooms outside. Follow me." She says leading them out into Ashfall Wastes. "We have two, one is a vent maintenance building another an observation deck." She says. The moon was beginning to rise. "Discussing war sir our leader Anduin prefers trade over warfare and conflict."
Ranna blushed from his comments. "No sir, only my parents have referred to me as beautiful." She says. She couldn't exactly resist his words. She hadn't heard anything like them. "What's a pavilion?" She asks. "We have some rooms outside. Follow me." She says leading them out into Ashfall Wastes. "We have two, one is a vent maintenance building another an observation deck." She says. The moon was beginning to rise. "Discussing war sir our leader Anduin prefers trade over warfare and conflict."
"A pavilion, it's an open air, outdoors building. Usually used for gardens and such." He looked up, "may we head up to the observation deck?" He listened as he walked with her the moonlight making his scales glitter like the stars above. "Your leader is wise, our empress I'm afraid was born with a battle lust. Now it seems to have dwindled down to more of a last resort but I fear that given the right provocation she'd launch into war again. You don't need to call me sir, I wouldn't mind if you called me by either of my names really. It seems so very formal, but if formality is what you're most comfortable with I would at least prefer Dr. if you wouldn't mind. I haven't earned the title of sir." He spoke softy, tipping his head up to gaze at the moon. "Sir, would be our general, or one of the lords. I'm just a simple doctor..." He trailed off looking upwards, "I'm sorry do you think you could show me where I might get some water before we continue our walk. There's something I have to take."
"A pavilion, it's an open air, outdoors building. Usually used for gardens and such." He looked up, "may we head up to the observation deck?" He listened as he walked with her the moonlight making his scales glitter like the stars above. "Your leader is wise, our empress I'm afraid was born with a battle lust. Now it seems to have dwindled down to more of a last resort but I fear that given the right provocation she'd launch into war again. You don't need to call me sir, I wouldn't mind if you called me by either of my names really. It seems so very formal, but if formality is what you're most comfortable with I would at least prefer Dr. if you wouldn't mind. I haven't earned the title of sir." He spoke softy, tipping his head up to gaze at the moon. "Sir, would be our general, or one of the lords. I'm just a simple doctor..." He trailed off looking upwards, "I'm sorry do you think you could show me where I might get some water before we continue our walk. There's something I have to take."
foto_1.png
"Oh ok. Sadly the gardens hear only grow underground. The aah above frequently results in a dead plant..." She says. "And of course." She says leading him to the observation deck. "Oh... a dragon who enjoys war? I'm sorry to hear about that..." She says. "Hopefully one day that is no longer the case." She says hopeful. "Ok Sawbones. I didn't know was all. We ourselves aren't very formal. And we didn't know if your clan was. We didn't mean any disrespect." She changed directions from the deck to a cave storing clean water. "Of course. Is everything alright?" She asks looking at his glittering scales. "Empress? Your clan has classes?"
"Oh ok. Sadly the gardens hear only grow underground. The aah above frequently results in a dead plant..." She says. "And of course." She says leading him to the observation deck. "Oh... a dragon who enjoys war? I'm sorry to hear about that..." She says. "Hopefully one day that is no longer the case." She says hopeful. "Ok Sawbones. I didn't know was all. We ourselves aren't very formal. And we didn't know if your clan was. We didn't mean any disrespect." She changed directions from the deck to a cave storing clean water. "Of course. Is everything alright?" She asks looking at his glittering scales. "Empress? Your clan has classes?"
"Yes, though it isn't as archaic as it sounds. She's really more of a warlord anyway, we have four classes. Royalty, medical personnel and scientists, council members or lords, and the average working dragon. For the most part class status doesn't come into play very often though. Formality is common in my clan but when not speaking as an authoritative figure it's nice to feel equal to others. I'm put on a pedestal too often, it makes me feel pompous. My birth parents were pompous, and I strive to avoid repeating their mistakes." He decided to tell only part of the truth as he removed one of the ***** from the bottle in his pocket. "Not so much wrong as uncomfortable. I get these terrible headaches from time to time." That much was true, his Mr. Hyde's arrival was always heralded by an intense migraine.
"Yes, though it isn't as archaic as it sounds. She's really more of a warlord anyway, we have four classes. Royalty, medical personnel and scientists, council members or lords, and the average working dragon. For the most part class status doesn't come into play very often though. Formality is common in my clan but when not speaking as an authoritative figure it's nice to feel equal to others. I'm put on a pedestal too often, it makes me feel pompous. My birth parents were pompous, and I strive to avoid repeating their mistakes." He decided to tell only part of the truth as he removed one of the ***** from the bottle in his pocket. "Not so much wrong as uncomfortable. I get these terrible headaches from time to time." That much was true, his Mr. Hyde's arrival was always heralded by an intense migraine.
foto_1.png
"That's a shame." She says. "Sounds like you have an organized clan. Though sometimes a structure like that is good and bad. It can cause dragons to think too highly of lowly of themselves and others." She says. "What mistakes did your parents make?" She asks looking at him. She hoped it wasn't a bad question... "I mean you are a very talented doctor. You just saved my mother's life. We owe you massively." Ranna says. "Headaches? Want me to take you to the library or a quiet den?" She asks concerned. She didn't know that his Mr. Hyde arrived after a headache or what he was like... she stood there unsure and worried as to what to do.
"That's a shame." She says. "Sounds like you have an organized clan. Though sometimes a structure like that is good and bad. It can cause dragons to think too highly of lowly of themselves and others." She says. "What mistakes did your parents make?" She asks looking at him. She hoped it wasn't a bad question... "I mean you are a very talented doctor. You just saved my mother's life. We owe you massively." Ranna says. "Headaches? Want me to take you to the library or a quiet den?" She asks concerned. She didn't know that his Mr. Hyde arrived after a headache or what he was like... she stood there unsure and worried as to what to do.
"My birth parents had very little to do with me or my life, as a matter of fact they sold me. I very nearly ended up spending my life as a slave to one of the gods, or to the highest bidder. It was dumb luck that I was found by Archimedes. He purchased my freedom and raised me as his own. My adoptive father, even if his teachings on social interactions was sparse, was and is the greatest man in my life." He frowned when she became worried for him, "nothing so serious, just need to take my capsule and drink some water. Like I said it's only an inconvenient thing not a detrimental one." Though her genuine concern did warm his heart.
"My birth parents had very little to do with me or my life, as a matter of fact they sold me. I very nearly ended up spending my life as a slave to one of the gods, or to the highest bidder. It was dumb luck that I was found by Archimedes. He purchased my freedom and raised me as his own. My adoptive father, even if his teachings on social interactions was sparse, was and is the greatest man in my life." He frowned when she became worried for him, "nothing so serious, just need to take my capsule and drink some water. Like I said it's only an inconvenient thing not a detrimental one." Though her genuine concern did warm his heart.
foto_1.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 97 98