Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sailors & Sirens {Open & Inviting}
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 191 192
((True. That is wonderful imagery, as well xD))
Keto Cave System

Keto sighed in relief as they escaped the storm and Baelinn was alright. She wasn't worried about the kitsune, she probably had enough magic to breath underwater for hours. "You don't need to thank me for every small thing I do for you." It felt weird, being appreciated for the things she did. It made her feel uncomfortable, and, ironically, kind of made her want to stop doing good things so she wouldn't be thanked so much. "And I'm sure I can find something for you to do after the storm" She couldn't think of anything at the moment, though. Maybe she would let the girl off for once. And with that, her tail blazed with pain and strange runes flashed on it for a second, flashing light across the cavern. She winced. There was no way she could play that off. Now they would run from her in fear like everyone always did.
((True. That is wonderful imagery, as well xD))
Keto Cave System

Keto sighed in relief as they escaped the storm and Baelinn was alright. She wasn't worried about the kitsune, she probably had enough magic to breath underwater for hours. "You don't need to thank me for every small thing I do for you." It felt weird, being appreciated for the things she did. It made her feel uncomfortable, and, ironically, kind of made her want to stop doing good things so she wouldn't be thanked so much. "And I'm sure I can find something for you to do after the storm" She couldn't think of anything at the moment, though. Maybe she would let the girl off for once. And with that, her tail blazed with pain and strange runes flashed on it for a second, flashing light across the cavern. She winced. There was no way she could play that off. Now they would run from her in fear like everyone always did.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
(( I kinda like Fox's description of tabby fawn. Now I'm trying to figure out how to combine them XD ))
Baelinn // Cave System

I frowned seeing the flash. For once, it wasn't me. I saw the look on Keto's face but for the life of me couldn't figure out what it was aside from pain.

"If you don't mind, what was that? And why does it hurt?" I offered her a puppy dog look and tilted my head ever so slightly.

Was that perhaps linked to the other flashes? The ones I'd mistaken for being mine.

I dragged the seaweed over to sit on instead of the rock, resting my legs comfortably and hugging one knee to my chest.
(( I kinda like Fox's description of tabby fawn. Now I'm trying to figure out how to combine them XD ))
Baelinn // Cave System

I frowned seeing the flash. For once, it wasn't me. I saw the look on Keto's face but for the life of me couldn't figure out what it was aside from pain.

"If you don't mind, what was that? And why does it hurt?" I offered her a puppy dog look and tilted my head ever so slightly.

Was that perhaps linked to the other flashes? The ones I'd mistaken for being mine.

I dragged the seaweed over to sit on instead of the rock, resting my legs comfortably and hugging one knee to my chest.
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
((That could look either really cool or really funny, whichever way you want to go))
Keto Cave System

Keto sighed. Of course Baelinn would bring it up. In front of the kitsune too. Hopefully they would give her a chance to explain before recoiling in terror. "Well... I suppose there's no playing this one off. I... um... I have a little bit of a... curse on me." She waited for the fear and disgust to enter the girl's eyes. She knew exactly how it would look, too. She had seen it too many times on supposed allies to forget. She supposed their reaction was justified, in a certain light, but it wasn't like her having a curse affected them.
((That could look either really cool or really funny, whichever way you want to go))
Keto Cave System

Keto sighed. Of course Baelinn would bring it up. In front of the kitsune too. Hopefully they would give her a chance to explain before recoiling in terror. "Well... I suppose there's no playing this one off. I... um... I have a little bit of a... curse on me." She waited for the fear and disgust to enter the girl's eyes. She knew exactly how it would look, too. She had seen it too many times on supposed allies to forget. She supposed their reaction was justified, in a certain light, but it wasn't like her having a curse affected them.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
Baelinn // Cave System

"What kind of curse?" What kind of person would be so cruel? Sure every siren and mermaid here had eaten people but it was simply how they survived. What made any being above any other?

I swept my frustration aside hear the strange echo of thunder crack outside.

Keto was looking at my face very carefully. Like she was waiting for something. For what? "If you want to talk about it, I don't mean to pry or add salt to old wounds."

If the runes didn't pain her they were quite interesting. I'd seen something similar. Maybe they were of the same origin.
Baelinn // Cave System

"What kind of curse?" What kind of person would be so cruel? Sure every siren and mermaid here had eaten people but it was simply how they survived. What made any being above any other?

I swept my frustration aside hear the strange echo of thunder crack outside.

Keto was looking at my face very carefully. Like she was waiting for something. For what? "If you want to talk about it, I don't mean to pry or add salt to old wounds."

If the runes didn't pain her they were quite interesting. I'd seen something similar. Maybe they were of the same origin.
QFXpYkj.png
((Noooo! Don't ask me for a backstory I don't have XD))
Keto Cave System

Keto winced. Baelinn deserved an explanation, and the kitsune deserved to know who she was dealing with. "I was very young and reckless, and hadn't found a place in the world. I never had a family, and was desperate to find someone to learn from so I would survive. All that led me to doing something very stupid. Back then, I didn't know mers hated sirens, and I refused to believe they would lead young sirens to their death for entertainment. I trusted a mer, and she 'accepted' me into her pack. Life was great for a week. Then a ship came along, full of sailors and guards, as it was shipping valuable goods. They didn't believe the legends of mers and sirens, and many couldn't even swim with all the armor and gear they wore. In short, the perfect feast. There was only one problem. A wizard was a part of the group guarding the ship, who specialized in curses and attack spells."

She took a deep breath and scanned Baelinn's eyes before continuing.
((Noooo! Don't ask me for a backstory I don't have XD))
Keto Cave System

Keto winced. Baelinn deserved an explanation, and the kitsune deserved to know who she was dealing with. "I was very young and reckless, and hadn't found a place in the world. I never had a family, and was desperate to find someone to learn from so I would survive. All that led me to doing something very stupid. Back then, I didn't know mers hated sirens, and I refused to believe they would lead young sirens to their death for entertainment. I trusted a mer, and she 'accepted' me into her pack. Life was great for a week. Then a ship came along, full of sailors and guards, as it was shipping valuable goods. They didn't believe the legends of mers and sirens, and many couldn't even swim with all the armor and gear they wore. In short, the perfect feast. There was only one problem. A wizard was a part of the group guarding the ship, who specialized in curses and attack spells."

She took a deep breath and scanned Baelinn's eyes before continuing.
(( I left an escape route if you wanted it XD Most of my writing is composed from backstories.))

I now better understood her animosity towards Saber and her somewhat distanced manner. Trust had never been successful for her. And why start now? I had been a pirate after all.

I nodded my sympathy and hoped it was conveyed in my eyes. "And the wizard being human obviously thought the attack spell wasn't enough suffering," I winced.

Thinking about the whole thing made me appreciative of all the spells and curses I'd dodged in my time. I'd made up for it in whips and swords but at least those wounds would heal. Magic had this nasty habit of leaving permanent and lasting damage to someone.
(( I left an escape route if you wanted it XD Most of my writing is composed from backstories.))

I now better understood her animosity towards Saber and her somewhat distanced manner. Trust had never been successful for her. And why start now? I had been a pirate after all.

I nodded my sympathy and hoped it was conveyed in my eyes. "And the wizard being human obviously thought the attack spell wasn't enough suffering," I winced.

Thinking about the whole thing made me appreciative of all the spells and curses I'd dodged in my time. I'd made up for it in whips and swords but at least those wounds would heal. Magic had this nasty habit of leaving permanent and lasting damage to someone.
QFXpYkj.png
((I know, but that didn't fit her character, or at least her character towards Baelinn. And I have a general idea now. I guess we'll see how it turns out xD))
Keto Main Cove

"No. To him, not even a curse is enough. But I'll get there." She pulled her tail closer instinctively, and as the light from Baelinn passed over it, the runes that had glowed were faintly visible, and they were actually scars. "The mer who accepted me pulled me aside and told me she had a special assignment for me" she put as much sarcasm in the word as she could. "She convinced me to 'distract' the wizard, as I was 'small and agile.' I popped above the water when only the wizard was looking and managed to get him to come over to the side of the boat. Apparently, he also didn't believe in mers, because he freaked out and drew his wand. The mer pack was supposed to be attacking the sailors, and they did so. The wizard apparently thought they would return the sailors if he captured one of their own, so he caught me with a spell. I freaked out, but expected to be rescued by the pack. Instead they laughed and swam away, but not before looking straight at me and taunting me. The one who took me in spat into the water before abandoning me." She sat for a moment, apparently preparing herself for the next part of her story.
((I know, but that didn't fit her character, or at least her character towards Baelinn. And I have a general idea now. I guess we'll see how it turns out xD))
Keto Main Cove

"No. To him, not even a curse is enough. But I'll get there." She pulled her tail closer instinctively, and as the light from Baelinn passed over it, the runes that had glowed were faintly visible, and they were actually scars. "The mer who accepted me pulled me aside and told me she had a special assignment for me" she put as much sarcasm in the word as she could. "She convinced me to 'distract' the wizard, as I was 'small and agile.' I popped above the water when only the wizard was looking and managed to get him to come over to the side of the boat. Apparently, he also didn't believe in mers, because he freaked out and drew his wand. The mer pack was supposed to be attacking the sailors, and they did so. The wizard apparently thought they would return the sailors if he captured one of their own, so he caught me with a spell. I freaked out, but expected to be rescued by the pack. Instead they laughed and swam away, but not before looking straight at me and taunting me. The one who took me in spat into the water before abandoning me." She sat for a moment, apparently preparing herself for the next part of her story.
Crystal, Main Cove edge (cave)

Crystal smiled at Tam.
"Your fine, I don't mind cuddling. As for the storm, it feels very familiar. The pattern of the storm and the smell of it too. My kind of mers have a sort of gift to detect storms and tell their paths. This one feels way to similar to the one I swam through a month ago not to be the same storm." I replied. I looked at Tam and felt sympathy for him. Lightning isn't a friend to anyone todo with flight or the water. I hope everyone has found a safe place to wait out the storm.
Crystal, Main Cove edge (cave)

Crystal smiled at Tam.
"Your fine, I don't mind cuddling. As for the storm, it feels very familiar. The pattern of the storm and the smell of it too. My kind of mers have a sort of gift to detect storms and tell their paths. This one feels way to similar to the one I swam through a month ago not to be the same storm." I replied. I looked at Tam and felt sympathy for him. Lightning isn't a friend to anyone todo with flight or the water. I hope everyone has found a safe place to wait out the storm.
Maya- Cave System

Maya winced, "Wizards are normally a nasty bunch, almost always arrogant and way to confident in their magic." She said, nearly hissing the words out as if she had a beef with a wizard. Her three tails intertwined, almost looking for comfort withing each-other, and her ears folded back slightly. She shifted back into her mostly human form, crossing her arms and sitting down with her back leaning on the wall.
Maya- Cave System

Maya winced, "Wizards are normally a nasty bunch, almost always arrogant and way to confident in their magic." She said, nearly hissing the words out as if she had a beef with a wizard. Her three tails intertwined, almost looking for comfort withing each-other, and her ears folded back slightly. She shifted back into her mostly human form, crossing her arms and sitting down with her back leaning on the wall.
(( Sounds good so far. I'm not happy, my notifications had a nap apparently and only just NOW told me you posted. Annoying technology ))

My mind wandered as to how sailors had written of how evil the sirens and mers were towards humans. It made me further doubt as to why their behavior towards me, thus far, had been so friendly in comparison.

"I'm so sorry," I wanted to embrace her, but that didn't seem like a good idea. I went off on a mental tangent about the firs time I'd hugged a cat and gotten scratched all to hell - focus! Keto is not a cat even if they both have claws.

(( That scatterbrain cat thing is actually really similar to me XD ))
(( Sounds good so far. I'm not happy, my notifications had a nap apparently and only just NOW told me you posted. Annoying technology ))

My mind wandered as to how sailors had written of how evil the sirens and mers were towards humans. It made me further doubt as to why their behavior towards me, thus far, had been so friendly in comparison.

"I'm so sorry," I wanted to embrace her, but that didn't seem like a good idea. I went off on a mental tangent about the firs time I'd hugged a cat and gotten scratched all to hell - focus! Keto is not a cat even if they both have claws.

(( That scatterbrain cat thing is actually really similar to me XD ))
QFXpYkj.png
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 191 192