Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Red Mourning, tavern RP [Closed!]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
@Clandestino If I have an appropriate excuse to slide them into this setting, would it be acceptable to use a Forgotten Realms character?))

Name: Ilphnitra
Orientation: Straight
Appearance: An elf standing at roughly 5'1, with near-black, greyish-brown skin. She has wine-red eyes, an oval face shape, and a resting expression of irritation. Her white hair is just below shoulder-length when down, but is presently done up in a high braid. She is wearing fairly boyish attire- A tunic, jacket, trousers, belt, boots- the works, and has a rondel strapped at her side.
Personality: Ilphnitra is prideful and quick to anger if she feels she has been slighted, however generally she is rather calm. She likes company but doesn't make much conversation with people she doesn't know, and her curiosity tends to lead her to eavesdrop. There are many things she does not know, and in spite of her pride she is not unprepared to admit that. Songbirds are the latest 'mystery' to catch her attention.
Skills: fencing, basic alchemy, spelunking, smithing, singing, stealth, and a very base knowledge of magic.
History: Ilphni appeared on the outskirts of town not long ago, alongside a few other travelers. She arrived through magic, being the good friend of a wizard who seems dead-set on showing her every vaguely hospitable place he can think of, even if doing so requires crossing into other dimensions. She refers to herself as a drow, and has spent most of her life deep underground.
@Clandestino If I have an appropriate excuse to slide them into this setting, would it be acceptable to use a Forgotten Realms character?))

Name: Ilphnitra
Orientation: Straight
Appearance: An elf standing at roughly 5'1, with near-black, greyish-brown skin. She has wine-red eyes, an oval face shape, and a resting expression of irritation. Her white hair is just below shoulder-length when down, but is presently done up in a high braid. She is wearing fairly boyish attire- A tunic, jacket, trousers, belt, boots- the works, and has a rondel strapped at her side.
Personality: Ilphnitra is prideful and quick to anger if she feels she has been slighted, however generally she is rather calm. She likes company but doesn't make much conversation with people she doesn't know, and her curiosity tends to lead her to eavesdrop. There are many things she does not know, and in spite of her pride she is not unprepared to admit that. Songbirds are the latest 'mystery' to catch her attention.
Skills: fencing, basic alchemy, spelunking, smithing, singing, stealth, and a very base knowledge of magic.
History: Ilphni appeared on the outskirts of town not long ago, alongside a few other travelers. She arrived through magic, being the good friend of a wizard who seems dead-set on showing her every vaguely hospitable place he can think of, even if doing so requires crossing into other dimensions. She refers to herself as a drow, and has spent most of her life deep underground.
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Sylveadiff Totally acceptable! Man, this thing is bumpin now!
@Sylveadiff Totally acceptable! Man, this thing is bumpin now!
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
After warming up a bit, Jo stood up and turned to face the room. Maybe I should ask the owner if they have any rooms available...
With small, hesitant steps, he started walking towards the bar. There was no one manning it, but he thought he could hear some scuffling noises through the door behind it.
A pretty woman was lying on the floor, trying to cover her legs with...wait, is that a tail?! She's a mermaid! Jo hissed quietly, and stepped backward.
He'd heard tales about mermaids before, but they tended to contradict themselves. Old wives gave warnings of the sirens of the sea, bewitching sailors with their voices and eating their flesh. Fishermen recalled the time that they'd been saved from a storm by a woman with a fishtail. And of course there was that old legend that eating mermaid flesh made one immortal.
Jo decided to leave the mermaid be for now, and instead made his way back to the fireplace. A woman with curly hair was sitting on a stool in front of the hearth, that he'd somehow missed earlier.
Jo took a deep breath, mentally steeled himself, and said to the woman, "Excuse me ma'am? Can you tell me where the innkeeper is?"
[@DuskAwakening]
After warming up a bit, Jo stood up and turned to face the room. Maybe I should ask the owner if they have any rooms available...
With small, hesitant steps, he started walking towards the bar. There was no one manning it, but he thought he could hear some scuffling noises through the door behind it.
A pretty woman was lying on the floor, trying to cover her legs with...wait, is that a tail?! She's a mermaid! Jo hissed quietly, and stepped backward.
He'd heard tales about mermaids before, but they tended to contradict themselves. Old wives gave warnings of the sirens of the sea, bewitching sailors with their voices and eating their flesh. Fishermen recalled the time that they'd been saved from a storm by a woman with a fishtail. And of course there was that old legend that eating mermaid flesh made one immortal.
Jo decided to leave the mermaid be for now, and instead made his way back to the fireplace. A woman with curly hair was sitting on a stool in front of the hearth, that he'd somehow missed earlier.
Jo took a deep breath, mentally steeled himself, and said to the woman, "Excuse me ma'am? Can you tell me where the innkeeper is?"
[@DuskAwakening]
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
Aquarius's tail finally shifted back into her legs and she quietly hung her coat back up, she wondered if the others thought she was like the mermaids and other sirens. She sat in her chair and hummed to herself, her entrancing tone oddly calming those around her, as she didn't want anyone to attack her so soon after becoming human again.
Aquarius's tail finally shifted back into her legs and she quietly hung her coat back up, she wondered if the others thought she was like the mermaids and other sirens. She sat in her chair and hummed to herself, her entrancing tone oddly calming those around her, as she didn't want anyone to attack her so soon after becoming human again.
I hope this is alright. I can change it if the weather has changed much in the thread.))

Rain.

That was something Ilphnitra hadn't but heard of for most of her youth, but upon discovering rain she'd quickly found herself disliking it. She'd kept her head down as she wandered the unfamiliar town, and the moment she'd found a place to rest her palfrey she'd gone looking for a tavern to rest in. The Red Mourning seemed a fairly welcoming place.

The dark-skinned elf pushed her way through the doors, squinting at the change of light at first and looking rather irritable. She was soaked to the bone and sore from her travels. Her expression softened slightly when she noticed the smell of the place, but for now she was more concerned with getting out of the rain than finding food. Letting out a heavy sigh, she chose a place to sit that was hopefully not too close to anyone already there, slouching somewhat. She'd wait and see what was going on before she'd offer conversation.
I hope this is alright. I can change it if the weather has changed much in the thread.))

Rain.

That was something Ilphnitra hadn't but heard of for most of her youth, but upon discovering rain she'd quickly found herself disliking it. She'd kept her head down as she wandered the unfamiliar town, and the moment she'd found a place to rest her palfrey she'd gone looking for a tavern to rest in. The Red Mourning seemed a fairly welcoming place.

The dark-skinned elf pushed her way through the doors, squinting at the change of light at first and looking rather irritable. She was soaked to the bone and sore from her travels. Her expression softened slightly when she noticed the smell of the place, but for now she was more concerned with getting out of the rain than finding food. Letting out a heavy sigh, she chose a place to sit that was hopefully not too close to anyone already there, slouching somewhat. She'd wait and see what was going on before she'd offer conversation.
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Clandestino woah this seems like fun! It still says open...hope I can still join?))

*Name: Garrett
Orientation: He doesn't tell anyone. (Aroace)
*Appearance: While usually dressed/cloaked in complete black, underneath it all he's roughly 5'7 with short black hair. His left eye is brown, while his right is a light turquoise-blue shade. When he doesn't have a mask over the lower half of his face, you can see various scars across his face, most notably one right above his right eye. He also has slight stubble along his jaw and around his mouth.
Personality: Quiet and only talking when talked to or if he has business with you. He can be sassy depending on how he's feeling, and would rather stay in the shadows than be in the light, meaning he keeps a lot of secrets, no matter how much someone may pry.
Skills: There's a secret behind his right eye. It gives him a few little boosts when he just concentrates, like lighting up "important objects" (Read: valuables, switches, candles, torches) in blue and making every sound he makes a lot quieter than usual. He tries to avoid using these powers of his as much as possible, however, as once he uses them for a while, it takes him a while to regain his focus. Poppy flowers seem to help speed up his focus regain, however, so he keeps some of the flowers on him while he's out and about so that if he needs his powers again he can start chewing on the petals.
History: A thief from a huge city who needed a change of pace, at least for a few. He once lost his friend to the same power that changed his eye but saved them after going through a lot of...let's just say he went through a lot more than he wanted to just to keep his friend from dying. He's stolen things right from under people's noses and pickpocketed more people than he can count, but will just as easily plant an arrow through someone's skull if that's what he has to do to get his cash. He does carry around a compound bow and lots of different arrows for close to any situation he comes across. The arrows are surprisingly thin but sturdy - so he can easily carry thirty to forty arrows in his quiver at a time. He's had his fair share of close combat fights yet no matter what he's gone through in the past, he's still a thief at his heart.
@Clandestino woah this seems like fun! It still says open...hope I can still join?))

*Name: Garrett
Orientation: He doesn't tell anyone. (Aroace)
*Appearance: While usually dressed/cloaked in complete black, underneath it all he's roughly 5'7 with short black hair. His left eye is brown, while his right is a light turquoise-blue shade. When he doesn't have a mask over the lower half of his face, you can see various scars across his face, most notably one right above his right eye. He also has slight stubble along his jaw and around his mouth.
Personality: Quiet and only talking when talked to or if he has business with you. He can be sassy depending on how he's feeling, and would rather stay in the shadows than be in the light, meaning he keeps a lot of secrets, no matter how much someone may pry.
Skills: There's a secret behind his right eye. It gives him a few little boosts when he just concentrates, like lighting up "important objects" (Read: valuables, switches, candles, torches) in blue and making every sound he makes a lot quieter than usual. He tries to avoid using these powers of his as much as possible, however, as once he uses them for a while, it takes him a while to regain his focus. Poppy flowers seem to help speed up his focus regain, however, so he keeps some of the flowers on him while he's out and about so that if he needs his powers again he can start chewing on the petals.
History: A thief from a huge city who needed a change of pace, at least for a few. He once lost his friend to the same power that changed his eye but saved them after going through a lot of...let's just say he went through a lot more than he wanted to just to keep his friend from dying. He's stolen things right from under people's noses and pickpocketed more people than he can count, but will just as easily plant an arrow through someone's skull if that's what he has to do to get his cash. He does carry around a compound bow and lots of different arrows for close to any situation he comes across. The arrows are surprisingly thin but sturdy - so he can easily carry thirty to forty arrows in his quiver at a time. He's had his fair share of close combat fights yet no matter what he's gone through in the past, he's still a thief at his heart.
TD98mt2.png
@Xulvran

Yes! You're in! I think I'm gonna close it up after you, It's getting crowded :) I'll let you post before I continue, the scene!
@Xulvran

Yes! You're in! I think I'm gonna close it up after you, It's getting crowded :) I'll let you post before I continue, the scene!
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
The rain outside was ridiculous. Doesn't matter how many trees he ducked under, the rain still reached him. He sighed, taking another look around his surroundings for any form of shelter, if there even existed any this far out. He almost gave up looking in this area before he noticed a small glow of orange in the distance. With a sudden burst of energy, he began bolting through the trees towards the light, jumping over any fallen trees or rocks in his path. This was the only sign of cover he's had in quite a while - he wasn't about to let it slip away from him. He slowed down a to a walk and soon a full stop as he read the sign above the door.

`The Red Mourning...not the strangest name I've seen. It's clearly a tavern, which means a fire somewhere, which should also mean other people.' Garrett sighed as he pulled down his mask from his face and stepped inside, leaving his hood up out of habit. As the doors closed behind him, he found a spot to sit near the doorway itself and sat down, crossing his arms on the table in front of him and sighing before glancing around the room to take in his surroundings.

'There's no shortage of strangers here, that's for sure. Some of these people also look like creatures from myths or sailor's tales. I should keep a low profile as much as I can.' His thoughts were a safe place for him, a place where he can figure out his next move no matter how loud the area around him is. He returned his gaze to the table in front of him and sat in silence.
The rain outside was ridiculous. Doesn't matter how many trees he ducked under, the rain still reached him. He sighed, taking another look around his surroundings for any form of shelter, if there even existed any this far out. He almost gave up looking in this area before he noticed a small glow of orange in the distance. With a sudden burst of energy, he began bolting through the trees towards the light, jumping over any fallen trees or rocks in his path. This was the only sign of cover he's had in quite a while - he wasn't about to let it slip away from him. He slowed down a to a walk and soon a full stop as he read the sign above the door.

`The Red Mourning...not the strangest name I've seen. It's clearly a tavern, which means a fire somewhere, which should also mean other people.' Garrett sighed as he pulled down his mask from his face and stepped inside, leaving his hood up out of habit. As the doors closed behind him, he found a spot to sit near the doorway itself and sat down, crossing his arms on the table in front of him and sighing before glancing around the room to take in his surroundings.

'There's no shortage of strangers here, that's for sure. Some of these people also look like creatures from myths or sailor's tales. I should keep a low profile as much as I can.' His thoughts were a safe place for him, a place where he can figure out his next move no matter how loud the area around him is. He returned his gaze to the table in front of him and sat in silence.
TD98mt2.png
While Carmack sat by the entrance to the Red Mourning he was caught off guard by the fact that the Tavern would be quite crowded tonight indeed. He had awkwardly assumed that his imposing figure would scare off any potential patrons as he smoked, but there was a kid with horns, a dark elf, and an extremely shady figure who all walked past him without giving him so much as a glance. It gave him a feeling of being invisible, the kind of invisible you didn't REALLY want to experience. He decided not to think too hard on it however. The welcoming lights blooming from within the tavern that were akin to a distant lighthouse had turned him into a single-minded moth in the night just as well as those strangers for sure. He had heard the phenomenon referred to with an apt name before. It's called Tunnel Vision.

A couple minutes later he stroked the ashes from his pipe into their watery grave, Carmack took his slow steps through the door and closed it behind him gently. The patrons appeared to have scattered themselves around the tavern quite effectively and didn't seem too talkative, which was something Carmack had found strangely comforting. The kid with the horns seemed to be trying to start some conversation with a lady sporting curly hair, which caused Carmack to naturally gravitate towards the area. The warmth of the Fireplace didn't hurt either ofcourse.

He liked to eavesdrop whilst jotting down notes and doodling the others into his leather bound journal as a means of blending in. As he approached the vacant armchair near the hearth, he removed his cloak and bandanna, wrapping them up in a bunch and dropped them to it's right side on the floor to dry.
Once settled into the comfy chair he commenced his routine and began scribbling on the Journal, he made quick sketches of the other patrons and their defining features whilst writing in little tidbits about what he observed as unique characteristics to help his scatterbrains to remember.

The Mermaid has a pretty complexion. Fins gone?
Shaggy haired kid, horns, tail? ( Carmack couldn't help but smirk at the funny expression he drew on the kid with his tongue sticking out )
Shady guy, weird eyes, probably tries way too hard to look cool... ( Carmack couldn't get a good look at him so he just drew him with the hood and eyes covered in darkness )
Curly hair, is she carrying daggers? probably another merc.
Dark elf, attractive features, interesting attire and weapon ( he tried to get a glimpse of her unique shortsword but failed to do so).

What a colorful bunch... Carmack thought, but couldn't help wonder in tandem with the horned kid where the Innkeeper was lurking. probably the kitchen... He had half a purse full of coins ready to make some food and drink happen, but couldn't be bothered at the moment to pull his weight with the issue.

While Carmack sat by the entrance to the Red Mourning he was caught off guard by the fact that the Tavern would be quite crowded tonight indeed. He had awkwardly assumed that his imposing figure would scare off any potential patrons as he smoked, but there was a kid with horns, a dark elf, and an extremely shady figure who all walked past him without giving him so much as a glance. It gave him a feeling of being invisible, the kind of invisible you didn't REALLY want to experience. He decided not to think too hard on it however. The welcoming lights blooming from within the tavern that were akin to a distant lighthouse had turned him into a single-minded moth in the night just as well as those strangers for sure. He had heard the phenomenon referred to with an apt name before. It's called Tunnel Vision.

A couple minutes later he stroked the ashes from his pipe into their watery grave, Carmack took his slow steps through the door and closed it behind him gently. The patrons appeared to have scattered themselves around the tavern quite effectively and didn't seem too talkative, which was something Carmack had found strangely comforting. The kid with the horns seemed to be trying to start some conversation with a lady sporting curly hair, which caused Carmack to naturally gravitate towards the area. The warmth of the Fireplace didn't hurt either ofcourse.

He liked to eavesdrop whilst jotting down notes and doodling the others into his leather bound journal as a means of blending in. As he approached the vacant armchair near the hearth, he removed his cloak and bandanna, wrapping them up in a bunch and dropped them to it's right side on the floor to dry.
Once settled into the comfy chair he commenced his routine and began scribbling on the Journal, he made quick sketches of the other patrons and their defining features whilst writing in little tidbits about what he observed as unique characteristics to help his scatterbrains to remember.

The Mermaid has a pretty complexion. Fins gone?
Shaggy haired kid, horns, tail? ( Carmack couldn't help but smirk at the funny expression he drew on the kid with his tongue sticking out )
Shady guy, weird eyes, probably tries way too hard to look cool... ( Carmack couldn't get a good look at him so he just drew him with the hood and eyes covered in darkness )
Curly hair, is she carrying daggers? probably another merc.
Dark elf, attractive features, interesting attire and weapon ( he tried to get a glimpse of her unique shortsword but failed to do so).

What a colorful bunch... Carmack thought, but couldn't help wonder in tandem with the horned kid where the Innkeeper was lurking. probably the kitchen... He had half a purse full of coins ready to make some food and drink happen, but couldn't be bothered at the moment to pull his weight with the issue.

[@YarnBarb they're not hooves, he's just wearing (poorly-drawn) split toed boots]
[@YarnBarb they're not hooves, he's just wearing (poorly-drawn) split toed boots]
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12