Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Castle Unknown
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 51 52
I unwilling lead the group through the doorway. Walking very slowly and carefully, I enter the room. The lantern doesn't provide much light, as it only illuminates the area around me, so I struggle to make out anything in the darkness.
I unwilling lead the group through the doorway. Walking very slowly and carefully, I enter the room. The lantern doesn't provide much light, as it only illuminates the area around me, so I struggle to make out anything in the darkness.
Heya, I like dragons :3
The Kitchen

Even with the small amount of light the lamp is giving out, the dragons can still see enough to understand where they are. There is several benches, some of which have been overturned, and many pots and ladles and cutlery, some hanging from the ceiling in rows. On the far left of the room there is a large cupboard, and a trapdoor. On one of the upright benches there is a large book, battered and well-used. But it is not these things which draw the eye.

Directly opposite the door on the wall, are the words:

YOU ANSWER TO ME

These words are written in a substance that over time turned black. I think all of the dragons know what it is. Over the length of the room there is about seven dragon skeletons total. Six of this number are nothing more than bones. These ones bear deep nicks in the bone. One skeleton has its claws reaching for the words on the wall. This one is fresher and not yet completely bones. It is unclear how the last one died.

The Kitchen

Even with the small amount of light the lamp is giving out, the dragons can still see enough to understand where they are. There is several benches, some of which have been overturned, and many pots and ladles and cutlery, some hanging from the ceiling in rows. On the far left of the room there is a large cupboard, and a trapdoor. On one of the upright benches there is a large book, battered and well-used. But it is not these things which draw the eye.

Directly opposite the door on the wall, are the words:

YOU ANSWER TO ME

These words are written in a substance that over time turned black. I think all of the dragons know what it is. Over the length of the room there is about seven dragon skeletons total. Six of this number are nothing more than bones. These ones bear deep nicks in the bone. One skeleton has its claws reaching for the words on the wall. This one is fresher and not yet completely bones. It is unclear how the last one died.

lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
The contents of the room takes my breath away, I have to force myself not to take a step back. I walk further inside to allow room for the others. Eyes still scanning the walls I say, "I guess this is where the dragons who don't make it stay?"
The contents of the room takes my breath away, I have to force myself not to take a step back. I walk further inside to allow room for the others. Eyes still scanning the walls I say, "I guess this is where the dragons who don't make it stay?"
I wrinkle my my muzzle.

"I beg to disagree. Most of those skeletons seems very old. Apart from, y'know-" I gesture with my nose at the least decomposed skeleton as I walked in "-That one."

I stand out of the way of the doors, silently taking in the scene. I step around the overturned benches until I'm in the middle of the room, antlers just brushing the hanging spoons and cutlery. I turn and look back at the others.
I wrinkle my my muzzle.

"I beg to disagree. Most of those skeletons seems very old. Apart from, y'know-" I gesture with my nose at the least decomposed skeleton as I walked in "-That one."

I stand out of the way of the doors, silently taking in the scene. I step around the overturned benches until I'm in the middle of the room, antlers just brushing the hanging spoons and cutlery. I turn and look back at the others.
lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
"So, I guess we search for any clues?" I say to them. Warily, I walk further into the room, trying to avoid breathing in the horrible smell. I head in the direction of the cupboard, dodging the cutlery hanging from the ceiling.
"So, I guess we search for any clues?" I say to them. Warily, I walk further into the room, trying to avoid breathing in the horrible smell. I head in the direction of the cupboard, dodging the cutlery hanging from the ceiling.
I can't move. I can't think. All I see is the words, in a dark substance, horrible dead things clawing at the writing as if in worship.
YOU ANSWER TO ME.
The words burn a hole into my soul. Something horrible happened here, and it's more horrible than just the smell of rotting corpses.
I can't move. I can't think. All I see is the words, in a dark substance, horrible dead things clawing at the writing as if in worship.
YOU ANSWER TO ME.
The words burn a hole into my soul. Something horrible happened here, and it's more horrible than just the smell of rotting corpses.
MpxbEBD.jpg
Toyhouse
Art Fight
Art Shop
I nudged a bone back closer to it's long-gone host.
"Yes..." I wander over to Lumen by the cupboard. I glance at the ancient, well-worn handles, and then back at Sparrow, who seems stuck staring at the words on the wall.

"Hey, do you want to open this? In case, like, you wanted to..." I trailed off, looking at the writing on the wall and the skeleton below. I just can't seem to keep my focus in this room, the long-lost dead seemingly calling for my attention. Suddenly just... a wave of tiredness washes over me. I realize I haven't lain down since running through the forest from the wartoad. Ignoring the looks the others are no doubt throwing at me, I lie down and place my head on the ground, thinking.
I nudged a bone back closer to it's long-gone host.
"Yes..." I wander over to Lumen by the cupboard. I glance at the ancient, well-worn handles, and then back at Sparrow, who seems stuck staring at the words on the wall.

"Hey, do you want to open this? In case, like, you wanted to..." I trailed off, looking at the writing on the wall and the skeleton below. I just can't seem to keep my focus in this room, the long-lost dead seemingly calling for my attention. Suddenly just... a wave of tiredness washes over me. I realize I haven't lain down since running through the forest from the wartoad. Ignoring the looks the others are no doubt throwing at me, I lie down and place my head on the ground, thinking.
lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
I walk up to Sparrow, "Helloooo? Sparrowww?" I wave my wings in front of her face. She seems to be staring intently at the wall. I walk back to Foxstar, "Why are you on the ground? Come on?" I say to her. Why aren't they listening to me? "If we carry on like this, the spirit is going to find us, we have to hurry!" I say urgently in attempt to grasp their attention.
I walk up to Sparrow, "Helloooo? Sparrowww?" I wave my wings in front of her face. She seems to be staring intently at the wall. I walk back to Foxstar, "Why are you on the ground? Come on?" I say to her. Why aren't they listening to me? "If we carry on like this, the spirit is going to find us, we have to hurry!" I say urgently in attempt to grasp their attention.
"You are CRAZY." I say, trying to move Foxstar away from the skeletons. She is insane. She is suicidal. She is possessed. Wait... Possessed? Why did that word come to mind. Wait, maybe she's under the control of the ghost. That would explain everything, the words, the skeletons cowering underneath them. I shoulder Foxstar aside, trying to move her, but I accidentally fall down next to her.
"You are CRAZY." I say, trying to move Foxstar away from the skeletons. She is insane. She is suicidal. She is possessed. Wait... Possessed? Why did that word come to mind. Wait, maybe she's under the control of the ghost. That would explain everything, the words, the skeletons cowering underneath them. I shoulder Foxstar aside, trying to move her, but I accidentally fall down next to her.
MpxbEBD.jpg
Toyhouse
Art Fight
Art Shop
[img]http://i.imgur.com/io2bdEF.jpg[/img] I stare gloomily at a skull, and then give Sparrow a side-long glance. "Shove off. I was here first. And you didn't even run from that wartoad." Then I feel the cold metal of the necklace around my throat, and Lumen's words sink in. "You're right. Come on, then. We've got a job to do. No time for... resting." I stood. It had felt good though. Just to let go of the problems, even if it was only for a few seconds.[i] And the night is wearing on, hopefully we don't have to sleep in this place.[/i] I give Sparrow a playful nudge with my muzzle. "Come on. I'm not leaving you here with the skeletons. It stinks. Let's get this cupboard open." ----------------- [size=2](Btw, Foxstar lay down because that felt like the sort of thing she'd do. Lie down in a haunted castle. Also because I was in Spanish and was [i]SO TIRED[/i]. No ulterior motives)
io2bdEF.jpg

I stare gloomily at a skull, and then give Sparrow a side-long glance.

"Shove off. I was here first. And you didn't even run from that wartoad." Then I feel the cold metal of the necklace around my throat, and Lumen's words sink in.

"You're right. Come on, then. We've got a job to do. No time for... resting." I stood. It had felt good though. Just to let go of the problems, even if it was only for a few seconds. And the night is wearing on, hopefully we don't have to sleep in this place. I give Sparrow a playful nudge with my muzzle.

"Come on. I'm not leaving you here with the skeletons. It stinks. Let's get this cupboard open."

(Btw, Foxstar lay down because that felt like the sort of thing she'd do. Lie down in a haunted castle. Also because I was in Spanish and was SO TIRED. No ulterior motives)

lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 51 52