Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | -choosin' & full! tqsvm!-
1 2
Please note! I will not be able to reply to everyone and not everyone who applies will get in!! This is a small group ;U;/ Alright. So we lost a few members in the old group, so I'm on the hunt for a few more! This roleplay will take place in google docs and we all chatter in Discord, so YOU MUST HAVE A DISCORD TO BE A PART OF THE RP!! [quote=The premise of it is]A few young high-schooler BOYS who always seem to get into trouble and tossed into Detention after school... After one fateful day, however, the small fluffy pet of one of those frequent detention-ers turns out to be a magical demon passed down from generation to generation! And he approaches these boys with a single question: "Will you help me save the world?" Of course, he doesn't give them a choice, and they're blessed with magical powers like nobody has ever seen before! Together they are they High-School-Detention-Club-Magimorphosis-GO![/quote] Yes, High School Detention Club, Magimorphosis GO! is the name of the roleplay. Every kid fits into a sort of "trope." I had identical twin brothers, one of which was the Wimpy Crybaby, second one is the Brother Complex Snippy/Sassy trope. They all have different reasons for being in detention, too. My Crybaby kid's was "Middle-man of passing a note insulting the teacher." His brother was undecided at first |D [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ui07wNGW5RinG46aZDgZhziHzIzuFEVNmxLGnkbiJD4/edit#gid=0]You can see the current list of characters Here! Any that are highlighted in a dark-dark grey are the ones that are inactive.[/url] The rp hasn't started yet, so don't worry about jumping in in the middle of the story!! Anybody interested? Please hit me up if you're interested! I'm prioritizing artists but I'm not looking for a specific level oUo/ You don't have to draw at all, either, anyways. It's just a preference since most of us draw, too. |D I guess... No real literacy requirement aside from [i]knowing your basic grammar[/i] and not doing the terrible, terrible curse of [i]one-liners.[/i] Chatter, again, takes place on a discord server, so Discord IS required! Btw, this isn't so much an ARP so much as "let's get together and draw our boys being stupid together" XD [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hmuLPzwei0lNhHDpEaVQgtvzRWLz4XF0XoBdzzhhl2A/edit]These are my character profiles[/url], and [url=http://zeniart.tumblr.com/]over here is my art[/url] (where you can see it.) [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-tnTc67X9SvxZJmCRRvX4DOMeTMXTLX8oQXHEUTsQl8]Here are some writing samples (and one profile) one the current members![/url] Unfortunately I do not have the fourth's members stuff :'D The grand majority of this roleplay will be built TOGETHER, so... Yeah. SO! Here's the little tryout thingymagig: Please fill it out o - o / plz [indent]• What does your Schedule look like? Time Zone? (this has zero influence on your chances of getting in, btw. It's just so we can know how our time zones will match up and stuff.) • Best means to communication? (PM or IMing or thread or something. Either way, we have a discord... as I've said a bajillion times XD ) • Do you like world-building? ('cuz hodang, we're gonna be doing a lot of it.) • Are you a visual-artist (I say visual 'cuz I consider writing an art, too)? Have a dA, tumblr? (So I can stalk your pretty art -SHOT- ) • Show us one of your best [b]roleplay samples[/b]. If you don't have any, go ahead and write something up! Remember, [b]quality[/b] is better than [b]quantity[/b]. ;> • What character "trope" do you want to try to use? • Going off that, what kind of character, overall, are you thinking of using? Bare in mind, it doesn't have to be detailed. It can be something like "Wimpy kid and his BA demon rabbit," ...... With a little more meat, but you get me. |D I mean, look at my profiles up there XD[/indent] And that's about it! Let's do this ;U;/ No need to ping me, as I'm subscribed!
Please note! I will not be able to reply to everyone and not everyone who applies will get in!! This is a small group ;U;/

Alright. So we lost a few members in the old group, so I'm on the hunt for a few more! This roleplay will take place in google docs and we all chatter in Discord, so YOU MUST HAVE A DISCORD TO BE A PART OF THE RP!!

The premise of it is wrote:
A few young high-schooler BOYS who always seem to get into trouble and tossed into Detention after school...

After one fateful day, however, the small fluffy pet of one of those frequent detention-ers turns out to be a magical demon passed down from generation to generation! And he approaches these boys with a single question: "Will you help me save the world?"

Of course, he doesn't give them a choice, and they're blessed with magical powers like nobody has ever seen before!

Together they are they High-School-Detention-Club-Magimorphosis-GO!

Yes, High School Detention Club, Magimorphosis GO! is the name of the roleplay.

Every kid fits into a sort of "trope."
I had identical twin brothers, one of which was the Wimpy Crybaby, second one is the Brother Complex Snippy/Sassy trope.

They all have different reasons for being in detention, too.
My Crybaby kid's was "Middle-man of passing a note insulting the teacher." His brother was undecided at first |D

You can see the current list of characters Here! Any that are highlighted in a dark-dark grey are the ones that are inactive. The rp hasn't started yet, so don't worry about jumping in in the middle of the story!!

Anybody interested?
Please hit me up if you're interested!
I'm prioritizing artists but I'm not looking for a specific level oUo/ You don't have to draw at all, either, anyways. It's just a preference since most of us draw, too.
|D I guess... No real literacy requirement aside from knowing your basic grammar and not doing the terrible, terrible curse of one-liners.

Chatter, again, takes place on a discord server, so Discord IS required!
Btw, this isn't so much an ARP so much as "let's get together and draw our boys being stupid together" XD

These are my character profiles, and over here is my art (where you can see it.)
Here are some writing samples (and one profile) one the current members! Unfortunately I do not have the fourth's members stuff :'D

The grand majority of this roleplay will be built TOGETHER, so... Yeah.

SO! Here's the little tryout thingymagig: Please fill it out o - o / plz
• What does your Schedule look like? Time Zone? (this has zero influence on your chances of getting in, btw. It's just so we can know how our time zones will match up and stuff.)
• Best means to communication? (PM or IMing or thread or something. Either way, we have a discord... as I've said a bajillion times XD )
• Do you like world-building? ('cuz hodang, we're gonna be doing a lot of it.)
• Are you a visual-artist (I say visual 'cuz I consider writing an art, too)? Have a dA, tumblr? (So I can stalk your pretty art -SHOT- )
• Show us one of your best roleplay samples. If you don't have any, go ahead and write something up! Remember, quality is better than quantity. ;>
• What character "trope" do you want to try to use?
• Going off that, what kind of character, overall, are you thinking of using? Bare in mind, it doesn't have to be detailed. It can be something like "Wimpy kid and his BA demon rabbit," ...... With a little more meat, but you get me. |D I mean, look at my profiles up there XD

And that's about it! Let's do this ;U;/
No need to ping me, as I'm subscribed!
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
xx
1ulURsc.gif
@2enpaiiTwii2ted
Right here eUe/
The little tryout thingymagig at the bottom's all you need 8D
@2enpaiiTwii2ted
Right here eUe/
The little tryout thingymagig at the bottom's all you need 8D
AScq6qj.png
xx
1ulURsc.gif
(I'm intrigued. I'll put my app together now, just wanted to let you know I'm hanging around.)
(I'm intrigued. I'll put my app together now, just wanted to let you know I'm hanging around.)
So, first off, I go by Bells or Dark. My schedule is fairly flexible. I'm a university student in my last year, so I have classes from 0800 central to 1630 as a default (a couple of days a week I'm out earlier). I do have a fair amount of thesis work to do, but this will be a pleasant distraction. I expect I'll be able to reply once daily at least, likely more since I enjoy sitting down for a while with my laptop and a mug of tea.

I do have Discord. #2599Dark. I'm also available through PMs on this site.

I absolutely love world-building and will happily help you develop things! I enjoy a bit of improv, too, if I find a scene is lacking any details.

I am not a visual artist, although I can be found on dA or tumblr through the alias whitemagnolian. These accounts are mainly for the offshoots of my creative writing projects, although a major series will be released soon. Unimportant for this, however.

Roleplay samples... hmm... I'll make something up here. Claire is on my mind, so I'll give her a go:

It was one of those rare, damp cracks in the brilliant face of summer. The creek dipped between rock walls and poured itself down mossy steppes with the burbling rhythm that she loved, sparkling and dotted in foam. She sat one one of those steppes, legs hanging off the edge, and leaned over to peer into the clear cold water.

Nothing stared back - nothing was still enough to throw back the reflection of her red hair and hazel eyes. But she held still, watching her shadow on the packed silt, until the tiny crowd of fish peeked out from their hiding place behind the rock. Slowly, carefully, she lifted her hand and let it hover over the giggling stream, flecks of water soaking her outstretched fingers. Then, with the speed of a heron, she plunged her hand into the creek and felt for a flash the soft wriggling bodies evading her clumsy human grasp. She gasped at the tickling sensation and withdrew quickly, rubbing her palm dry on her leg. An unwilling laugh bubbled out of her throat and she scrubbed a little harder, delighted and disgusted by the slick minnows' touch.

Character trope... I would probably combine the well-off kid with strong, silent type. I have a character who fits that bill perfectly; he's a surprising asset in RPs despite having a shorter dialogue. If that wasn't available, I have a spunky kid with a tendency to take on bullies (at the risk of becoming something of a bully himself). Let me know what works better.

The two I'm torn between are Isaiah Grey, a wealthy heir with a quiet artistic streak, and Percy Byron (in intentional mix-up of the famous poets). Isaiah's "weapon" would fit nicely as a paintbrush that can render illustrated objects real - provided they have the time to dry, and, of course, aren't alive. He carries notebooks with him constantly and tends to dress in fine, if perpetually messy, clothing. Extremely tall and in possession of an awkward sort of grace.

Percy Byron is, on the other hand, a complete firestarter. Midsize and lanky, with a sharp tongue and a sharper nose for trouble, his "weapon" would be a shark's tooth necklace that can increase in size proportional to what he needs. More or less a blade that can range from a potato peeler to a broadsword, nix the hilt.

So, first off, I go by Bells or Dark. My schedule is fairly flexible. I'm a university student in my last year, so I have classes from 0800 central to 1630 as a default (a couple of days a week I'm out earlier). I do have a fair amount of thesis work to do, but this will be a pleasant distraction. I expect I'll be able to reply once daily at least, likely more since I enjoy sitting down for a while with my laptop and a mug of tea.

I do have Discord. #2599Dark. I'm also available through PMs on this site.

I absolutely love world-building and will happily help you develop things! I enjoy a bit of improv, too, if I find a scene is lacking any details.

I am not a visual artist, although I can be found on dA or tumblr through the alias whitemagnolian. These accounts are mainly for the offshoots of my creative writing projects, although a major series will be released soon. Unimportant for this, however.

Roleplay samples... hmm... I'll make something up here. Claire is on my mind, so I'll give her a go:

It was one of those rare, damp cracks in the brilliant face of summer. The creek dipped between rock walls and poured itself down mossy steppes with the burbling rhythm that she loved, sparkling and dotted in foam. She sat one one of those steppes, legs hanging off the edge, and leaned over to peer into the clear cold water.

Nothing stared back - nothing was still enough to throw back the reflection of her red hair and hazel eyes. But she held still, watching her shadow on the packed silt, until the tiny crowd of fish peeked out from their hiding place behind the rock. Slowly, carefully, she lifted her hand and let it hover over the giggling stream, flecks of water soaking her outstretched fingers. Then, with the speed of a heron, she plunged her hand into the creek and felt for a flash the soft wriggling bodies evading her clumsy human grasp. She gasped at the tickling sensation and withdrew quickly, rubbing her palm dry on her leg. An unwilling laugh bubbled out of her throat and she scrubbed a little harder, delighted and disgusted by the slick minnows' touch.

Character trope... I would probably combine the well-off kid with strong, silent type. I have a character who fits that bill perfectly; he's a surprising asset in RPs despite having a shorter dialogue. If that wasn't available, I have a spunky kid with a tendency to take on bullies (at the risk of becoming something of a bully himself). Let me know what works better.

The two I'm torn between are Isaiah Grey, a wealthy heir with a quiet artistic streak, and Percy Byron (in intentional mix-up of the famous poets). Isaiah's "weapon" would fit nicely as a paintbrush that can render illustrated objects real - provided they have the time to dry, and, of course, aren't alive. He carries notebooks with him constantly and tends to dress in fine, if perpetually messy, clothing. Extremely tall and in possession of an awkward sort of grace.

Percy Byron is, on the other hand, a complete firestarter. Midsize and lanky, with a sharp tongue and a sharper nose for trouble, his "weapon" would be a shark's tooth necklace that can increase in size proportional to what he needs. More or less a blade that can range from a potato peeler to a broadsword, nix the hilt.

OOohg i am interested in this :D

•Schedule is fairly open right now, i am not on on wednesdays. Sometimes other days i am not on, it depends on when i work. I am FR +3 hours. So.. whatever time zome that is in :D

• PM, IM, whatever. I have a Discord too that I can private PM you the ID of later :D I like to talk anywhere and everywhere.

• I love world building and I am actually quite talented at it myself ^>^ I have quite a few RPs i am a part of where I flesh out worlds and make lore for.. so count me in for that :D

• I am a visual artist, but my art is mostly non-digital so i don;t have a tumblr or DA or anything. Not anymore. I deleted my FF back when someone stole a story of mine and pawned it as their own. I will occasionally do some digital art, but I am not very good. Most of my writing now is on google docs which i will grant access to to people I can trust. If you want some examples go and peek through my dragon bios :D

RP EXAMPLE
Pep lead her, down the hall to her room. A silent march filled with him nervously fidgeting with his goggles. He allowed her to grip his arm as they walked, his skin was as always, cool compared to her own, even more so now that she had a slight fever.

It had been a while since Pep had been in her room. Now it was lived in, the wall decorated with spider webs of her own weaving in patterns which provided a lovely texture and extended across the entire length of the wall. A sort of web to allow herself to see she shape of her room as well as sense when people were entering. Some of the webbing extended along the floor, coming into contact with her bare feet. the sensation of the shape and size of her room relaxed her greatly. Over by the table, were hundreds of sculptures in varying sizes. Some big some small, all reflecting the intricacies of Nanza's mind. There were good days and bad days reflected in each one. The good days far outnumbered the bad. Draped over her chair was a ball of yarn and something half knit. And then on the other side of the room, her closet, filled with clothing borrowed from Xafina.. taken from the market.. and a bookshelf, books which had been read over and over by the now blind girl. Most of these books had been given to her by Pep.. and then.. over by her bed... Kan's journal.. the only bit of him still left alive.

Bare feet skittered to her bed as her hands spread out, touching the webs which went up each bed post. She could feel Pep moving, uneasy as he watched her move about her room.

She paid him no attention, skittering behind the closet to change into pajama's she'd modified for her arms. She slid back out, gazing at Pep. Here they were... closed in her room together. How would he react? What was he thinking? She couldn't even begin to guess. But she was happy to have him here.. in her special place she let very few people enter. She didn't want them to see her bad days, lined up against the wall.. but with Pep.. she felt like maybe.. maybe she could let him see every part of herself. After all.. he hadn't run away when she'd been so mean to him.

• OKay so i have a few tropes i was toying with.
1.Beastman: a very scary, intimidating person with a frightening appearance who is quite sweet and gentle once you get to know him.
2. Cultured Bad*ss: Going off the idea that he is a stoic, very gentlemanly person with a very calm and cool demeanor. And then in a fight he's super scary because of his general cleverness.
3. Mysterious protector: It would be fun to play with him appearing mysteriously, and then vanishing at the end. probably would have him be shy, socially awkward, and bookish if this was the case.
4. The slacker: lazy as heck.. probably would have to be forced to study, and to fight. XD
I am going to write up a more detailed bio for whichever trope would be more needed in this manga, whatever you would like.
OOohg i am interested in this :D

•Schedule is fairly open right now, i am not on on wednesdays. Sometimes other days i am not on, it depends on when i work. I am FR +3 hours. So.. whatever time zome that is in :D

• PM, IM, whatever. I have a Discord too that I can private PM you the ID of later :D I like to talk anywhere and everywhere.

• I love world building and I am actually quite talented at it myself ^>^ I have quite a few RPs i am a part of where I flesh out worlds and make lore for.. so count me in for that :D

• I am a visual artist, but my art is mostly non-digital so i don;t have a tumblr or DA or anything. Not anymore. I deleted my FF back when someone stole a story of mine and pawned it as their own. I will occasionally do some digital art, but I am not very good. Most of my writing now is on google docs which i will grant access to to people I can trust. If you want some examples go and peek through my dragon bios :D

RP EXAMPLE
Pep lead her, down the hall to her room. A silent march filled with him nervously fidgeting with his goggles. He allowed her to grip his arm as they walked, his skin was as always, cool compared to her own, even more so now that she had a slight fever.

It had been a while since Pep had been in her room. Now it was lived in, the wall decorated with spider webs of her own weaving in patterns which provided a lovely texture and extended across the entire length of the wall. A sort of web to allow herself to see she shape of her room as well as sense when people were entering. Some of the webbing extended along the floor, coming into contact with her bare feet. the sensation of the shape and size of her room relaxed her greatly. Over by the table, were hundreds of sculptures in varying sizes. Some big some small, all reflecting the intricacies of Nanza's mind. There were good days and bad days reflected in each one. The good days far outnumbered the bad. Draped over her chair was a ball of yarn and something half knit. And then on the other side of the room, her closet, filled with clothing borrowed from Xafina.. taken from the market.. and a bookshelf, books which had been read over and over by the now blind girl. Most of these books had been given to her by Pep.. and then.. over by her bed... Kan's journal.. the only bit of him still left alive.

Bare feet skittered to her bed as her hands spread out, touching the webs which went up each bed post. She could feel Pep moving, uneasy as he watched her move about her room.

She paid him no attention, skittering behind the closet to change into pajama's she'd modified for her arms. She slid back out, gazing at Pep. Here they were... closed in her room together. How would he react? What was he thinking? She couldn't even begin to guess. But she was happy to have him here.. in her special place she let very few people enter. She didn't want them to see her bad days, lined up against the wall.. but with Pep.. she felt like maybe.. maybe she could let him see every part of herself. After all.. he hadn't run away when she'd been so mean to him.

• OKay so i have a few tropes i was toying with.
1.Beastman: a very scary, intimidating person with a frightening appearance who is quite sweet and gentle once you get to know him.
2. Cultured Bad*ss: Going off the idea that he is a stoic, very gentlemanly person with a very calm and cool demeanor. And then in a fight he's super scary because of his general cleverness.
3. Mysterious protector: It would be fun to play with him appearing mysteriously, and then vanishing at the end. probably would have him be shy, socially awkward, and bookish if this was the case.
4. The slacker: lazy as heck.. probably would have to be forced to study, and to fight. XD
I am going to write up a more detailed bio for whichever trope would be more needed in this manga, whatever you would like.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
blepblep! just a note, not everybody will be getting in as there is a sort of selection process! I'll hit you up in a PM or if you gave me your discord I'll shoot you a message there >V</
blepblep! just a note, not everybody will be getting in as there is a sort of selection process! I'll hit you up in a PM or if you gave me your discord I'll shoot you a message there >V</
AScq6qj.png
xx
1ulURsc.gif
@Alyxsandre

*is intrigued* Do you think you could post some writing examples of those already in the group, too? Just cause I also like to see. ^.^;;

• I'm free all days (generally) except Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I work. I'm usually able to be on my phone then (like now, heh) but I'm not a fan of RPing on my phone. Lol I'm +2 hours ahead of Fr time!
• For communication, anything really! I check FR pretty frequently and Discord just the same. =D
• YOU BET I DO. Part of the reason I think this idea is neat. ^.^
• Ehhhh. I don't draw regularly, but I did recently join an ARP group to get better at it? Humans are generally not my strong suit tho and so I'd say this leads more towards a no.
• Best sample? Uhhh...I had a lot of fun writing this: link It's also super long so you get to see the whole shebang of my writing style. I don't write that much aaall the time cause yikes, but that post/RP is a favourite of mine. =D
• Neutral/Uncaring guy who only goes along cause he's got nothing better to do
• Okay so at first I was thinking "stereotypical passive guy can't be brought to care" which is what I'm going for, but then I was thinking about a good character arc and? I feel like he would, at some point, find that he has slightly more motivation to do The Good with his friends and allies, even tho he himself doesn't really choose sides. Like it's more of a loyalty to friends than to the cause.

Also, I was thinking about his Backstory™ and why he wound up detention if he's the sort of guy who does nothing. Do I was thinking he had a friend who he was loyal to who essentially got caught doing yet-to-be-determined Bad Thing and then framed my guy for it so he got the punishment. And he's not a "take the initiative" sort of guy so he just sort of. goes along with it because whatever. He didn't actually do the Bad Thing so he doesn't care.

Gonna need to work on a name tho...
@Alyxsandre

*is intrigued* Do you think you could post some writing examples of those already in the group, too? Just cause I also like to see. ^.^;;

• I'm free all days (generally) except Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I work. I'm usually able to be on my phone then (like now, heh) but I'm not a fan of RPing on my phone. Lol I'm +2 hours ahead of Fr time!
• For communication, anything really! I check FR pretty frequently and Discord just the same. =D
• YOU BET I DO. Part of the reason I think this idea is neat. ^.^
• Ehhhh. I don't draw regularly, but I did recently join an ARP group to get better at it? Humans are generally not my strong suit tho and so I'd say this leads more towards a no.
• Best sample? Uhhh...I had a lot of fun writing this: link It's also super long so you get to see the whole shebang of my writing style. I don't write that much aaall the time cause yikes, but that post/RP is a favourite of mine. =D
• Neutral/Uncaring guy who only goes along cause he's got nothing better to do
• Okay so at first I was thinking "stereotypical passive guy can't be brought to care" which is what I'm going for, but then I was thinking about a good character arc and? I feel like he would, at some point, find that he has slightly more motivation to do The Good with his friends and allies, even tho he himself doesn't really choose sides. Like it's more of a loyalty to friends than to the cause.

Also, I was thinking about his Backstory™ and why he wound up detention if he's the sort of guy who does nothing. Do I was thinking he had a friend who he was loyal to who essentially got caught doing yet-to-be-determined Bad Thing and then framed my guy for it so he got the punishment. And he's not a "take the initiative" sort of guy so he just sort of. goes along with it because whatever. He didn't actually do the Bad Thing so he doesn't care.

Gonna need to work on a name tho...
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
@Alyxsandre

oooh, i'm interested!

• i'm usually ALWAYS free. i'm in CST, and i work part-time from mornings to mid-afternoon a few days a week so, i'm usually always online

• IM is best for me, and luckily i have discord :> (jolteon#5647)

• YES I love worldbuilding!! i have about 3 projects im working on with 20 pages worth of information and hoo buddy i could worldbuild literally all day

• yep! i enjoy using art to express things, although i don't do it very often? my dA is moongore but i dont upload a lot.

vvv RP EXAMPLE vvv
• Diego had been in Cherrygrove City for a week before the explosion, training Dio and Io in the hopes they would have a chance against the Violet City gym leader. They had slim chances, and Diego had hoped to keep training, but he felt wrong to put his Pokemon out on the field, in the chance of anything else happening. They were already frightened by the initial blast, another would be bad for them. He glanced over at his Pokemon, who were all asleep in his makeshift tent by the sea, where he was sleeping most of the time. Diego was paranoid about having them out of their pokeballs in a time like this, but he couldn't bear not being able to see them at all times.

The sound of birds and the waves crashing at the shore were practically begging Diego to leave his tent, and he didn't feel like going back to sleep on account of the dreams he had been having, so he got to his feet, wiping his pants off just in case any sand had been brought in. The ocean was a beacon of peace for Diego, and it seemed to taunt him. It was so big, and vast, and yet, the one place he could not explore. He hmphed, turning his head to look back at all of the volunteer medic tents. He was far enough away that they wouldn't mistake him for a medic, not that he looked the part of anything. Turning back towards the ocean, he noticed the overwhelming scent of smoke in the air, albeit distant.

Along with the scent of smoke, Diego noticed something else. An overwhelming sense of dread. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he didn't like it. Hesitating for a moment, and as much as he hated to, he pulled out three Pokeballs to recall his Pokemon. Something didn't seem right. He thought about taking a walk to the Pokemart to pick up some supplies. Maybe he should do that to take his mind off of this recent tragedy.

He turned on his heel and started walking. He liked staying in Cherrygrove, but he had to leave soon, especially to get away from the power plant. Maybe he could take up shack in Violet City, even though that was still kind of close... oh well, he'd find a place. He felt the pangs of what seemed like a migraine, and stumbled a little bit. He caught himself, quickly glancing around to see if anyone saw him, and continued on his way to the Pokemart.

• as for character tropes, i have a few...
1) playful rich boy who's for the people and is a bit too generous with his money. thinks he can get away with most things by passing along a few bucks
OR
2) edgy kid who's entire schtick is based around pretending he's a vampire. he might be a little out of hand with it

• with those two out of the way... i'm actually torn between them? they're both equally interesting characters in my eyes! 1) Ridley Reyes, the rich boy, considers himself a rather minor con man, and can bribe his way out of any given situation, but he also has a bit of an emotional detachment from most things, despite being playful and generally a fun dude to hang around. his reasoning for detention would most likely be something along the lines of putting thumbtacks in the teachers chair, as childish as that sounds, but I wouldn't put it past him honestly.

and 2) although he doesn't name a name yet, Edgy Vamp Kid comes off as a scary and intimidating kid, simply just because of his appearance. he's actually a bit of a rude person, and has trouble controlling his anger at times. despite these bouts of fury, Edgy Vamp Kid finds himself rather alone at times, but he's accepted the fact that he's the one pushing people away. Unline Ridley, he's full of emotions, mainly volatile ones, but he knows that he's capable of just being even a little bit nice... but. he'd rather not.
@Alyxsandre

oooh, i'm interested!

• i'm usually ALWAYS free. i'm in CST, and i work part-time from mornings to mid-afternoon a few days a week so, i'm usually always online

• IM is best for me, and luckily i have discord :> (jolteon#5647)

• YES I love worldbuilding!! i have about 3 projects im working on with 20 pages worth of information and hoo buddy i could worldbuild literally all day

• yep! i enjoy using art to express things, although i don't do it very often? my dA is moongore but i dont upload a lot.

vvv RP EXAMPLE vvv
• Diego had been in Cherrygrove City for a week before the explosion, training Dio and Io in the hopes they would have a chance against the Violet City gym leader. They had slim chances, and Diego had hoped to keep training, but he felt wrong to put his Pokemon out on the field, in the chance of anything else happening. They were already frightened by the initial blast, another would be bad for them. He glanced over at his Pokemon, who were all asleep in his makeshift tent by the sea, where he was sleeping most of the time. Diego was paranoid about having them out of their pokeballs in a time like this, but he couldn't bear not being able to see them at all times.

The sound of birds and the waves crashing at the shore were practically begging Diego to leave his tent, and he didn't feel like going back to sleep on account of the dreams he had been having, so he got to his feet, wiping his pants off just in case any sand had been brought in. The ocean was a beacon of peace for Diego, and it seemed to taunt him. It was so big, and vast, and yet, the one place he could not explore. He hmphed, turning his head to look back at all of the volunteer medic tents. He was far enough away that they wouldn't mistake him for a medic, not that he looked the part of anything. Turning back towards the ocean, he noticed the overwhelming scent of smoke in the air, albeit distant.

Along with the scent of smoke, Diego noticed something else. An overwhelming sense of dread. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he didn't like it. Hesitating for a moment, and as much as he hated to, he pulled out three Pokeballs to recall his Pokemon. Something didn't seem right. He thought about taking a walk to the Pokemart to pick up some supplies. Maybe he should do that to take his mind off of this recent tragedy.

He turned on his heel and started walking. He liked staying in Cherrygrove, but he had to leave soon, especially to get away from the power plant. Maybe he could take up shack in Violet City, even though that was still kind of close... oh well, he'd find a place. He felt the pangs of what seemed like a migraine, and stumbled a little bit. He caught himself, quickly glancing around to see if anyone saw him, and continued on his way to the Pokemart.

• as for character tropes, i have a few...
1) playful rich boy who's for the people and is a bit too generous with his money. thinks he can get away with most things by passing along a few bucks
OR
2) edgy kid who's entire schtick is based around pretending he's a vampire. he might be a little out of hand with it

• with those two out of the way... i'm actually torn between them? they're both equally interesting characters in my eyes! 1) Ridley Reyes, the rich boy, considers himself a rather minor con man, and can bribe his way out of any given situation, but he also has a bit of an emotional detachment from most things, despite being playful and generally a fun dude to hang around. his reasoning for detention would most likely be something along the lines of putting thumbtacks in the teachers chair, as childish as that sounds, but I wouldn't put it past him honestly.

and 2) although he doesn't name a name yet, Edgy Vamp Kid comes off as a scary and intimidating kid, simply just because of his appearance. he's actually a bit of a rude person, and has trouble controlling his anger at times. despite these bouts of fury, Edgy Vamp Kid finds himself rather alone at times, but he's accepted the fact that he's the one pushing people away. Unline Ridley, he's full of emotions, mainly volatile ones, but he knows that he's capable of just being even a little bit nice... but. he'd rather not.
@Alyxsandre [b]• What does your Schedule look like? Time Zone?[/b] +2 FR time, however I'm still sitting in the educational system so most days from 7am-5pm I will be unable to respond quickly, if at all. (I can write shorter responses during lunch.) Weekends I'm usually free all day. [b]• Best means to communication? [/b] Probably via FR. I'm on often, periodically checking my alerts to see if anyone messaged or pinged me. I do have a Discord but I'm terrible when it comes to reminding myself to check things like that. (And Skype, and my texts, and so on...) [b]• Do you like world-building? [/b] YOU GOT THE RIGHT GAL FOR THIS HUN *ahem* What I mean to say is, world-building is sorta a hobby of mine, to the point where I'll spend more time thinking of things in the world than actually trying to write a story. [b]• Are you a visual-artist?[/b] I am! I don't use dA anymore due to the community (and I never got any attention) so I mostly just use the account for sta.sh to save artwork. You can probably find art littered on other roleplay threads or on some of my dragons, or in my art shop. However, due to my hand injury, it's either spewing artwork or unable to draw for a couple days (which I've ended up there currently) A good chunk of character art I do is holed up in [url=http://sta.sh/22badz0fl1bs]this sta.sh folder[/url] so, uh, feel free to poke around. I guess. [b]• Show us one of your best roleplay samples. If you don't have any, go ahead and write something up! Remember, quality is better than quantity. ;>[/b] Okay take some barf [quote=Sample from... a while ago.] It took one hundred years. It took one hundred years to get nowhere. It took one hundred years of nursing their wounds for them to finally start poking out of their shelter. It was in those one hundred years that hope slowly filtered away, an empty shell of cracking determination and the sheer will to live all that was left. And she swore she was going to make up for those one hundred years. Even if she died. Even if it meant sacrifice. Even if it meant ten would die to save fifty. She was willing to do so much for the cause, to return the world the way it was supposed to be. To the way it was one hundred years ago. [i]One hundred, twenty-one years.[/i] A reminder to herself, chiding in tone. She was keeping track of the years. One hundred twenty-one years had passed, and they still had yet to restore any of the artifacts that the spiteful god had so kindly told them about. Not that it made her any less determined, of course. Part of her would welcome the fame of being recognized as one of the first to bring back part of the old world. Though most of her would just push on to receive the others. A world restored was what she truly wished for. Maybe she wouldn't have to bear the Stone any longer. Maybe she wouldn't have to watch as everyone around her turned to sand. Which is what brought Megan here, pacing around the beast which had been saddled and was ready to be loaded with supplies. The Stonebearer was the first to arrive, as usual. On any excursion out to the endless sands, she was always the first one there. Today was no different. It had been called, two years ago, that the city of Gresa was going to send more than just resources towards the search; parties of men would be sent. It wasn't very big at first, mostly just circular patrols around the cities, to get accurate maps of surrounding areas and to mark off places which held no importance. They'd only recently started sending them far from the safety of glass walls, to which the searches were only barely successful. Ten lives had been lost and four other's ruined to finally find something that [i]may[/i] be one of the temples. Half-buried, weathered and worn, with an air of anger and regret. They'd called citizens most qualified to go on the expedition, be it for their abilities or them having the fewest consequences if they happened to get lost. Of course, Megan offered at once, and the organizers couldn't do anything to hold her back. Many in Gresa knew of her efforts, and her experience, to which it was an unanimous vote to let her along. However, the Stonebearer was unaware of who else was to join her. It wasn't secret, but they didn't announce it, either, so she could really only wait to see. She could be patient. More time to get prepared. More time to make sure nothing was missing. More time to get to know the Razorfoot that would be joining them. More time to pack her supplies. She could be patient. No, she really couldn't. [/quote] [b]• What character "trope" do you want to try to use?[/b] I had a few, so let's see what I've got... [b]The Stoic, [s]Edgy [/s]Intelligent, Mature Boy[/b] Probably in detention because he was incorrectly blamed and didn't feel like correcting them. [b]The Mom(Dad??) Friend[/b] The boy who's always looking out for the others, either sternly or the friendly guy who bakes cookies. [b]The Trap[/b] Very feminine guy. Veeerrry feminine guy. [b]• Going off that, what kind of character, overall, are you thinking of using? [/b] Honestly, the first two are ideas I'll gladly do, but I'll watch to see what the others pick before I choose. .3. [size=2]Also hoooooooly poop I've seen your art before and I was in love?? Oh my meeting the artist is so much fun :D[/size]
@Alyxsandre

• What does your Schedule look like? Time Zone?
+2 FR time, however I'm still sitting in the educational system so most days from 7am-5pm I will be unable to respond quickly, if at all. (I can write shorter responses during lunch.) Weekends I'm usually free all day.

• Best means to communication?
Probably via FR. I'm on often, periodically checking my alerts to see if anyone messaged or pinged me. I do have a Discord but I'm terrible when it comes to reminding myself to check things like that. (And Skype, and my texts, and so on...)

• Do you like world-building?
YOU GOT THE RIGHT GAL FOR THIS HUN
*ahem* What I mean to say is, world-building is sorta a hobby of mine, to the point where I'll spend more time thinking of things in the world than actually trying to write a story.

• Are you a visual-artist?
I am! I don't use dA anymore due to the community (and I never got any attention) so I mostly just use the account for sta.sh to save artwork. You can probably find art littered on other roleplay threads or on some of my dragons, or in my art shop.
However, due to my hand injury, it's either spewing artwork or unable to draw for a couple days (which I've ended up there currently)
A good chunk of character art I do is holed up in this sta.sh folder so, uh, feel free to poke around. I guess.

• Show us one of your best roleplay samples. If you don't have any, go ahead and write something up! Remember, quality is better than quantity. ;>
Okay take some barf
Sample from... a while ago. wrote:
It took one hundred years.
It took one hundred years to get nowhere.
It took one hundred years of nursing their wounds for them to finally start poking out of their shelter.
It was in those one hundred years that hope slowly filtered away, an empty shell of cracking determination and the sheer will to live all that was left.
And she swore she was going to make up for those one hundred years. Even if she died. Even if it meant sacrifice. Even if it meant ten would die to save fifty. She was willing to do so much for the cause, to return the world the way it was supposed to be. To the way it was one hundred years ago.
One hundred, twenty-one years. A reminder to herself, chiding in tone. She was keeping track of the years. One hundred twenty-one years had passed, and they still had yet to restore any of the artifacts that the spiteful god had so kindly told them about. Not that it made her any less determined, of course. Part of her would welcome the fame of being recognized as one of the first to bring back part of the old world. Though most of her would just push on to receive the others. A world restored was what she truly wished for. Maybe she wouldn't have to bear the Stone any longer. Maybe she wouldn't have to watch as everyone around her turned to sand.

Which is what brought Megan here, pacing around the beast which had been saddled and was ready to be loaded with supplies. The Stonebearer was the first to arrive, as usual. On any excursion out to the endless sands, she was always the first one there. Today was no different.

It had been called, two years ago, that the city of Gresa was going to send more than just resources towards the search; parties of men would be sent. It wasn't very big at first, mostly just circular patrols around the cities, to get accurate maps of surrounding areas and to mark off places which held no importance. They'd only recently started sending them far from the safety of glass walls, to which the searches were only barely successful.
Ten lives had been lost and four other's ruined to finally find something that may be one of the temples. Half-buried, weathered and worn, with an air of anger and regret.

They'd called citizens most qualified to go on the expedition, be it for their abilities or them having the fewest consequences if they happened to get lost.
Of course, Megan offered at once, and the organizers couldn't do anything to hold her back. Many in Gresa knew of her efforts, and her experience, to which it was an unanimous vote to let her along. However, the Stonebearer was unaware of who else was to join her. It wasn't secret, but they didn't announce it, either, so she could really only wait to see.

She could be patient. More time to get prepared. More time to make sure nothing was missing. More time to get to know the Razorfoot that would be joining them. More time to pack her supplies. She could be patient.
No, she really couldn't.

I had a few, so let's see what I've got...
The Stoic, Edgy Intelligent, Mature Boy
Probably in detention because he was incorrectly blamed and didn't feel like correcting them.
The Mom(Dad??) Friend
The boy who's always looking out for the others, either sternly or the friendly guy who bakes cookies.
The Trap
Very feminine guy. Veeerrry feminine guy.

• Going off that, what kind of character, overall, are you thinking of using?
Honestly, the first two are ideas I'll gladly do, but I'll watch to see what the others pick before I choose. .3.

Also hoooooooly poop I've seen your art before and I was in love?? Oh my meeting the artist is so much fun :D
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Alyxsandre
I'm in the central time zone and I'm pretty free most times. I currently work on Saturdays and go to school Monday-Friday from 9am-4:10pm
Best means to communication? I have a discord and I'm also available through pm on this site. If I ever go MIA just pm me because I'm here everyday pretty much.
Yeeeessssss. TBH it's honestly my favorite part about writing. I could do it for days.
• Are you a visual-artist
Yes. I do both writing and art but I don't post a lot of my art, lets see if I can find some recent stuff. I have an AO3 account if you want to see some of my writing. Be warned some of it is a little cringy. http://archiveofourown.org/users/EternallySacred And here's a link to some art http://imgur.com/a/X82Kc
• Show us one of your best roleplay samples.
Here is a link of some lore I did for one of my dragons who I no longer have. https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CUXoU7568OLAa-E9KfIs7ZhEYlce_qnStdQIi0MPAI/edit I also have more lore on a few of my dragons in my lair if you want to check them out.
I'm a complete sucker for the character who looks really buff and scary but is actually a ball of fluff and easily intimidated.
Going off that, what kind of character, overall, are you thinking of using?
He's probably gonna be pretty tall and got into detention by "Guilty by association". People judge him by his looks but he is literally super sensitive and is pretty much made of glass.

Edit: I just realised that the link to the doc wasn't available. That's fixed now. :)
@Alyxsandre
I'm in the central time zone and I'm pretty free most times. I currently work on Saturdays and go to school Monday-Friday from 9am-4:10pm
Best means to communication? I have a discord and I'm also available through pm on this site. If I ever go MIA just pm me because I'm here everyday pretty much.
Yeeeessssss. TBH it's honestly my favorite part about writing. I could do it for days.
• Are you a visual-artist
Yes. I do both writing and art but I don't post a lot of my art, lets see if I can find some recent stuff. I have an AO3 account if you want to see some of my writing. Be warned some of it is a little cringy. http://archiveofourown.org/users/EternallySacred And here's a link to some art http://imgur.com/a/X82Kc
• Show us one of your best roleplay samples.
Here is a link of some lore I did for one of my dragons who I no longer have. https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CUXoU7568OLAa-E9KfIs7ZhEYlce_qnStdQIi0MPAI/edit I also have more lore on a few of my dragons in my lair if you want to check them out.
I'm a complete sucker for the character who looks really buff and scary but is actually a ball of fluff and easily intimidated.
Going off that, what kind of character, overall, are you thinking of using?
He's probably gonna be pretty tall and got into detention by "Guilty by association". People judge him by his looks but he is literally super sensitive and is pretty much made of glass.

Edit: I just realised that the link to the doc wasn't available. That's fixed now. :)
CCphzwS.png Gem to Treasure Sales
Dom Shop
1 2