Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | H.O.P.E OOC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 236 237
Nicholas blinked as Xavier's voice snapped him back to reality from where he was lost in thought--willing Zilla to succeed in finding a partner.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Nicholas replied, flashing the technopath his second-friendliest smile. "So... uh... do you think we're gonna have to fight each other?"
Nicholas blinked as Xavier's voice snapped him back to reality from where he was lost in thought--willing Zilla to succeed in finding a partner.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Nicholas replied, flashing the technopath his second-friendliest smile. "So... uh... do you think we're gonna have to fight each other?"
croppedsig.png
(Essentially Orca what happened is that Zilla, my own character accidentally summoned a huge interdimensional hell beast yesterday which killed a few students (and Zilla's light bird who was helping keep her power fluxuations in check due to her emotions died too), and maimed a few others. they had orientation, picked their dorm rooms, the teachers got drunk and a little weird, and then they all ate breakfast and ended up in the gym with Nox telling them to grab partners who weren't their room mates or people they didn't know. If you like, Zilla can be your character's partner this time around. Be careful, she's a little cinnamon bun. Also, all characters need these collars that monitor their location, heartbeat, and are able to supress their powers during certain times and places (for plot reasons). Hope that helped :D also side note, zilla and your character will get along quite well, power embarassment fist bump XD)

Zilla glanced around, panicked and looking for someone now that Nicholas was paired up with Xavier. She couldn't particularly pair up with Lilith, considering the two knew each other.. and Senegal honestly scared her a little bit.. his scales.. and everything... just reminded her a little of her interdimensional hellbeasts.

She paused, glancing over the crowd of students, all whom seemed to be able to just.. bond with each other.

She on the other hand.. was really bad at bonding with people.. Xavier and Lilith being prime examples of that. The strange horned woman had just.. said goodbye mid sentence.. and Xavier.. well.. he had seemed a bit short with her when she'd tried to talk to him.

eyes scanning the room, Zilla caught glimpse of a girl with a snake curled around her neck. Fascinated, Zilla moved towards her to get a better glance. Some breed she didn't recognize. but really cute to be honest.

"hi.." she murmured, gazing directly at the snake, and then staring at her feet. "that's a cool snake."

she couldn't think of what to say.. or how to ask the girl to let her be partners with her.. as she didn't even know her name...

(Foxbrush, if you still wanted Alicia to be her partner, or Ethel, you could have either of them interrupt and steal Zilla away, she's too mushy to resist XD)

__

Lacy just grinned at the throng of students scrambling to find partners, moving over towards Nox a bit and away from Virek.

"Soo.. what exactly is this for again?" She asked, the drinking she'd done last night, as well as her casual disregard for schedules making her unable to remember what was going on.

She glanced back over to Virek again, keeping an eye on the young-at-heart teacher felt like.. her job. Considering she was vaguely responsible for his hangover right now.. she had to make sure he didn't catch any kids on fire.
(Essentially Orca what happened is that Zilla, my own character accidentally summoned a huge interdimensional hell beast yesterday which killed a few students (and Zilla's light bird who was helping keep her power fluxuations in check due to her emotions died too), and maimed a few others. they had orientation, picked their dorm rooms, the teachers got drunk and a little weird, and then they all ate breakfast and ended up in the gym with Nox telling them to grab partners who weren't their room mates or people they didn't know. If you like, Zilla can be your character's partner this time around. Be careful, she's a little cinnamon bun. Also, all characters need these collars that monitor their location, heartbeat, and are able to supress their powers during certain times and places (for plot reasons). Hope that helped :D also side note, zilla and your character will get along quite well, power embarassment fist bump XD)

Zilla glanced around, panicked and looking for someone now that Nicholas was paired up with Xavier. She couldn't particularly pair up with Lilith, considering the two knew each other.. and Senegal honestly scared her a little bit.. his scales.. and everything... just reminded her a little of her interdimensional hellbeasts.

She paused, glancing over the crowd of students, all whom seemed to be able to just.. bond with each other.

She on the other hand.. was really bad at bonding with people.. Xavier and Lilith being prime examples of that. The strange horned woman had just.. said goodbye mid sentence.. and Xavier.. well.. he had seemed a bit short with her when she'd tried to talk to him.

eyes scanning the room, Zilla caught glimpse of a girl with a snake curled around her neck. Fascinated, Zilla moved towards her to get a better glance. Some breed she didn't recognize. but really cute to be honest.

"hi.." she murmured, gazing directly at the snake, and then staring at her feet. "that's a cool snake."

she couldn't think of what to say.. or how to ask the girl to let her be partners with her.. as she didn't even know her name...

(Foxbrush, if you still wanted Alicia to be her partner, or Ethel, you could have either of them interrupt and steal Zilla away, she's too mushy to resist XD)

__

Lacy just grinned at the throng of students scrambling to find partners, moving over towards Nox a bit and away from Virek.

"Soo.. what exactly is this for again?" She asked, the drinking she'd done last night, as well as her casual disregard for schedules making her unable to remember what was going on.

She glanced back over to Virek again, keeping an eye on the young-at-heart teacher felt like.. her job. Considering she was vaguely responsible for his hangover right now.. she had to make sure he didn't catch any kids on fire.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
When Nox ordered everyone to pick a partner, Sati froze while everyone else scrambled to find people. She didn't even know where to start. Then a girl, Zilla Sati remembered, walked up to her.

"hi.." Zilla murmured. "that's a cool snake."

"Oh, um, thanks. His name is Kumar." Sati smiled weakly then stared at the floor. "Were you uh, wanting to be my partner?" Sati blushed, embarrassed, then added quickly "I understand if don't."
When Nox ordered everyone to pick a partner, Sati froze while everyone else scrambled to find people. She didn't even know where to start. Then a girl, Zilla Sati remembered, walked up to her.

"hi.." Zilla murmured. "that's a cool snake."

"Oh, um, thanks. His name is Kumar." Sati smiled weakly then stared at the floor. "Were you uh, wanting to be my partner?" Sati blushed, embarrassed, then added quickly "I understand if don't."
orcasig_by_bajanmightyena-daymcq2.pnguntitled_drawing_by_celestialorca-dc0y05q.png
((I'm gonna be a little quiet for the weekend due to a trip to a water park. I'd post tonight, but I had a long day with horseback riding as well as a party.))
((I'm gonna be a little quiet for the weekend due to a trip to a water park. I'd post tonight, but I had a long day with horseback riding as well as a party.))
Kaya looks around, trying to figure out who she wanted to be her partner, it couldn't be Elizabeth, since she was her roommate. She didn't know anyone else here. She glances over at Lizz, and sees she is having the same problem.

Elizabeth looks at Kaya, trying to figure out what to do. She can't walk up to someone, she doesn't want to make any enemies here. Elizabeth hopes someone will ask her to be their partner, and that it happens before her time runs out.

((Can someone approach Lizz?? She needs a partner.))
Kaya looks around, trying to figure out who she wanted to be her partner, it couldn't be Elizabeth, since she was her roommate. She didn't know anyone else here. She glances over at Lizz, and sees she is having the same problem.

Elizabeth looks at Kaya, trying to figure out what to do. She can't walk up to someone, she doesn't want to make any enemies here. Elizabeth hopes someone will ask her to be their partner, and that it happens before her time runs out.

((Can someone approach Lizz?? She needs a partner.))
tumblr_inline_nscdm3AKSx1r3h1o8_540.png
Xavier shrugged and said,"Anything could happen really. We could end up kissing or even worse. We have to do whatever they say. Really, but it might be seeing which person will be our side kick."

Nox skips a few numbers on purpose to get a kick at the students. NOx turns to Lacy saying,"This will be training their hand to hand combat. As well to see if they can pass the little test, I had set earlier this week. Meaning they will try to land one blow on me with their hands or feet. Of course I am not an easy target."

Nox turns back to the gym shouting,".09"
Xavier shrugged and said,"Anything could happen really. We could end up kissing or even worse. We have to do whatever they say. Really, but it might be seeing which person will be our side kick."

Nox skips a few numbers on purpose to get a kick at the students. NOx turns to Lacy saying,"This will be training their hand to hand combat. As well to see if they can pass the little test, I had set earlier this week. Meaning they will try to land one blow on me with their hands or feet. Of course I am not an easy target."

Nox turns back to the gym shouting,".09"
You say,"Potato". I say,"Feed me the souls of the unborn and then the pact is set."
((I also am going to be at the water park, but I'll do my best to keep up with the RP. ^^))
((I also am going to be at the water park, but I'll do my best to keep up with the RP. ^^))
orcasig_by_bajanmightyena-daymcq2.pnguntitled_drawing_by_celestialorca-dc0y05q.png
((I'm back from the ded. I love Sati, she seems like a great character! Also I am of Indian Ethnicity so YAY! I'll have my lizard boy say hi to Lizz, cause his partner is no one as of current))

Senegal started to wildly look around, trying to find a fellow student to partner up with. His wings fluttered slightly, reflecting the concern of the impending punishment. The count-down wasn't helping his nerves.

Senegal spotted a girl with a long, black braid, highlighted by a streak of neon blue. She seemed to not have a partner yet, so with a sigh, he walked over to her, hoping she wouldn't decline.
"Hi, I'm Senegal. Do you happen to have a partner yet?"
His voice was stained with worry, and his eyes portrayed fear. Senegal was not ready to choose. He barely even knew the teachers' names, rather than most of the fellow students. He forced a small smile on his face.
((I'm back from the ded. I love Sati, she seems like a great character! Also I am of Indian Ethnicity so YAY! I'll have my lizard boy say hi to Lizz, cause his partner is no one as of current))

Senegal started to wildly look around, trying to find a fellow student to partner up with. His wings fluttered slightly, reflecting the concern of the impending punishment. The count-down wasn't helping his nerves.

Senegal spotted a girl with a long, black braid, highlighted by a streak of neon blue. She seemed to not have a partner yet, so with a sigh, he walked over to her, hoping she wouldn't decline.
"Hi, I'm Senegal. Do you happen to have a partner yet?"
His voice was stained with worry, and his eyes portrayed fear. Senegal was not ready to choose. He barely even knew the teachers' names, rather than most of the fellow students. He forced a small smile on his face.
(Hey, all!)

(Edit: Lmao I'm not even really going off this too much anymore. I gotta rework this boi-o soon.)

Name: Edgar "Ed" Lee
Sexuality: Pan
Crime: Lost control of a nightmare, resulting in indirect arson and the hospitalization of three
Looks: Ed is a lean, 5'8" Korean dude with wavy dark-brown hair which he'll occasionally pin with a cute hairclip. He often wears button-downs with t-shirts underneath and khaki shorts. He has dark brown eyes with heavy dark circles underneath.
Personality: Ed is normally a pretty chill person who tries not to let things faze him (but does a bad job of it). He always likes a good laugh and spending time with those he appreciates.
Power: Ed is able to traverse the dreams (technically subconscious) of those with fairly unprotected minds. He may also remove someone from their own dream and take them to his own or someone else's. After spending enough time in a dream or nightmare, learning the little nuances of each one, he can solidify a certain aspect of that dream into reality (Ex: You have a dream that a monkey stole your clothes. Ed can make that clothes-stealing monkey reality). He may only pull out the dreams of others if he's been in it. The longer ago a dream happened, the less control he has over it and more likely it is to rebel. He must sever it himself or become incapacitated to disperse the dream. The more powerful ones may last a short time after the cord has been severed, free to do as they please with their newfound free will. His own dreams are quite vivid, and therefore can still be controlled for as long as he can remember it (this is prolonged by his use of a dream journal). Another factor to his power is that solidifying a dream and walking in them sacrifices energy proportional to how long he keeps them solid and their size. Smaller or less complex dreams can be solidified longer while larger ones may only last a few minutes.
Other: Ed prefers solidifying dreams as nightmares have a tendency to do more damage than intended. He's also one of those people who can fall asleep in the blink of an eye.

(Adding Esther's bio here for easier access)

Name: Esther Lee
Sexuality: Bisexual
Crime: Robbery
Looks:
http://imgur.com/BI8476t
rough idea of how she looks, but I'll update this as I develop her
At 5'10", Esther is taller than average. Most say she and Ed have similar faces, a statement neither refute. Both have dark circles, but Esther hides and manages hers better than Ed. Her hair is lighter than his, sitting at a moderate (lightly dyed) ashy brown rather than a deep near-black. She rarely styles her hair, keeping it a little past her shoulders with its natural waviness shining through. Her eyes are also lighter than Ed's but it's only noticeable when the two are compared side by side. Normally, her attire consists of sweatshirts and jeans, valuing practicality and comfort over style. If she is feeling fancy, however, she can doll herself up pretty well.
Personality: Esther happens to be more blunt and outgoing than her brother, often telling it how it is and not being afraid to offer her take on things. Despite this, she enjoys being friendly and feels that being hostile is no way to navigate the social world. With friends and Ed, she can be affectionately teasing but will sometimes forget her limits. When it comes to enemies, Esther makes her distaste very obvious and, if she deems you bad enough, will often show little to no mercy. She is also very perceptive and is quick to react with a comeback or a snarky retort.
Power: Esther can create illusions of creatures or scenarios visible to just her target or an entire group. While they cannot physically harm or touch, they may cause the sensation of pain or feeling as long as the target believes they are actually being hurt or are touching something. Like Ed's powers, this takes a heavy toll on her energy depending on the scale of the illusion. Unlike Ed, she has a much better grasp on how to control her powers and is rarely at risk of fainting. She may also use this to induce certain emotions or mental states, though this is harder as it isn't something easily visualised.
Other: While Ed is fully Korean, she is only half. Both regard each other as full siblings and don't enjoy it when people insist on calling them half siblings. She and Ed are about two years apart in age, but Esther's birthday month is slightly earlier, hence the seemingly small age gap. She is more physically capable than Ed from taking martial arts classes (primarily boxing) since a young age. Her father is a sensitive topic for her and she prefers to steer clear of it.
Her illusions are also easier to see through for Ed and the dreams he commands are less likely to harm her when given a free will.
Honestly she's strong enough to lift and hold Ed over her head, no problem.

(@ XSpectraCatX Wanna pair Max n Ed up again?)
(Hey, all!)

(Edit: Lmao I'm not even really going off this too much anymore. I gotta rework this boi-o soon.)

Name: Edgar "Ed" Lee
Sexuality: Pan
Crime: Lost control of a nightmare, resulting in indirect arson and the hospitalization of three
Looks: Ed is a lean, 5'8" Korean dude with wavy dark-brown hair which he'll occasionally pin with a cute hairclip. He often wears button-downs with t-shirts underneath and khaki shorts. He has dark brown eyes with heavy dark circles underneath.
Personality: Ed is normally a pretty chill person who tries not to let things faze him (but does a bad job of it). He always likes a good laugh and spending time with those he appreciates.
Power: Ed is able to traverse the dreams (technically subconscious) of those with fairly unprotected minds. He may also remove someone from their own dream and take them to his own or someone else's. After spending enough time in a dream or nightmare, learning the little nuances of each one, he can solidify a certain aspect of that dream into reality (Ex: You have a dream that a monkey stole your clothes. Ed can make that clothes-stealing monkey reality). He may only pull out the dreams of others if he's been in it. The longer ago a dream happened, the less control he has over it and more likely it is to rebel. He must sever it himself or become incapacitated to disperse the dream. The more powerful ones may last a short time after the cord has been severed, free to do as they please with their newfound free will. His own dreams are quite vivid, and therefore can still be controlled for as long as he can remember it (this is prolonged by his use of a dream journal). Another factor to his power is that solidifying a dream and walking in them sacrifices energy proportional to how long he keeps them solid and their size. Smaller or less complex dreams can be solidified longer while larger ones may only last a few minutes.
Other: Ed prefers solidifying dreams as nightmares have a tendency to do more damage than intended. He's also one of those people who can fall asleep in the blink of an eye.

(Adding Esther's bio here for easier access)

Name: Esther Lee
Sexuality: Bisexual
Crime: Robbery
Looks:
http://imgur.com/BI8476t
rough idea of how she looks, but I'll update this as I develop her
At 5'10", Esther is taller than average. Most say she and Ed have similar faces, a statement neither refute. Both have dark circles, but Esther hides and manages hers better than Ed. Her hair is lighter than his, sitting at a moderate (lightly dyed) ashy brown rather than a deep near-black. She rarely styles her hair, keeping it a little past her shoulders with its natural waviness shining through. Her eyes are also lighter than Ed's but it's only noticeable when the two are compared side by side. Normally, her attire consists of sweatshirts and jeans, valuing practicality and comfort over style. If she is feeling fancy, however, she can doll herself up pretty well.
Personality: Esther happens to be more blunt and outgoing than her brother, often telling it how it is and not being afraid to offer her take on things. Despite this, she enjoys being friendly and feels that being hostile is no way to navigate the social world. With friends and Ed, she can be affectionately teasing but will sometimes forget her limits. When it comes to enemies, Esther makes her distaste very obvious and, if she deems you bad enough, will often show little to no mercy. She is also very perceptive and is quick to react with a comeback or a snarky retort.
Power: Esther can create illusions of creatures or scenarios visible to just her target or an entire group. While they cannot physically harm or touch, they may cause the sensation of pain or feeling as long as the target believes they are actually being hurt or are touching something. Like Ed's powers, this takes a heavy toll on her energy depending on the scale of the illusion. Unlike Ed, she has a much better grasp on how to control her powers and is rarely at risk of fainting. She may also use this to induce certain emotions or mental states, though this is harder as it isn't something easily visualised.
Other: While Ed is fully Korean, she is only half. Both regard each other as full siblings and don't enjoy it when people insist on calling them half siblings. She and Ed are about two years apart in age, but Esther's birthday month is slightly earlier, hence the seemingly small age gap. She is more physically capable than Ed from taking martial arts classes (primarily boxing) since a young age. Her father is a sensitive topic for her and she prefers to steer clear of it.
Her illusions are also easier to see through for Ed and the dreams he commands are less likely to harm her when given a free will.
Honestly she's strong enough to lift and hold Ed over her head, no problem.

(@ XSpectraCatX Wanna pair Max n Ed up again?)
1QgVVA1.png
Nicholas sighed. "They really do have absolute power over us, don't they," he muttered. Kissing, fighting, maybe even killing--the teachers could really get the students to do anything as long as they still had their collars on. He fiddled with his own collar absentmindedly, wishing he could make it a little looser.

He shook his head and tried to focus on Xavier instead of the way the teachers seemed to be planning something evil. "Seeing which person will be our side kick? What do you mean by that?"
---
((Lol 'she had to make sure he didn't catch any kids on fire' that's gold right there))

Virek snickered at the way the kids scrambled anxiously for partners. It was good to give them a little anxiety now and then--helped them learn to deal with pressure better.

He turned to Nox as she explained today's activity, pleased that it contained at least some amount of violence. "Is this with or without powers? I can start turning the collars' magic-blocking levels up if you want..."
Nicholas sighed. "They really do have absolute power over us, don't they," he muttered. Kissing, fighting, maybe even killing--the teachers could really get the students to do anything as long as they still had their collars on. He fiddled with his own collar absentmindedly, wishing he could make it a little looser.

He shook his head and tried to focus on Xavier instead of the way the teachers seemed to be planning something evil. "Seeing which person will be our side kick? What do you mean by that?"
---
((Lol 'she had to make sure he didn't catch any kids on fire' that's gold right there))

Virek snickered at the way the kids scrambled anxiously for partners. It was good to give them a little anxiety now and then--helped them learn to deal with pressure better.

He turned to Nox as she explained today's activity, pleased that it contained at least some amount of violence. "Is this with or without powers? I can start turning the collars' magic-blocking levels up if you want..."
croppedsig.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 236 237