Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | LF someone to rp with
1 2
Should also state that I want someone who can match length with me or at least get out two paragraphs, I've been roleplaying for about nine years and I am over 18 years of age and would prefer my partner be close to or over this age as I am uncomfortable playing with anyone younger.

Ok ok ok, so I don't usually have ideas that I want to do as much as this one. The character I have in mind for this is below the plot.

First Plot: In the world of steampunk and magic, a small town sees the arrival of a young repairman with an unnerving sense of optimism and a penchant for making friends. He's quick to set up shop in a corner of the little town, and soon he gets an odd request from one of the few noble families living there.

Intrigued and glad to take the payment, he leaves for noble house to fix a broken heater, a broken fence, oil the hinges of a gate, and even replace a stove. Here, he meets someone that makes him question most everything he knows. However, he's frightened at the same time - can his crippled heart still beat for someone else?

Can someone repair the repairman's broken heart?

Character!

Name: William C. Jones
Sexuality: homosexaul
Nationality: N/A

Appearance: Will is neither a tall man or a short man, instead standing just between at 5'7. Most of his meager height is in his long legs, and is helped along just a bit by the heels of his work boots. His eyes are an dark, olive green, his hair - a little curly and long enough to constantly be in his eyes - is such a dark brown that is most often mistaken for black. His skin is dark, similar to dirt freshly tilled.

His hands are rough and scarred from years of working, a single gear tattoo on the inside of his wrist.

Reference for his hair: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3c/94/46/3c94461f45a4c3b8f1930d8c5f889123.jpg

Personality: Kind, humble, has a great sense of humor and doesn't hesitate to jump into a conversation if he sees a chance. He's friendly to anyone who comes into his shop or is just there, he has a big heart, though he won't trust anyone to care for the many cracks in it.

History: N/A (To be found out in the rp)

Relationships: None, he just moved to town and doesn't really know anyone but the old lady who lets him live with her as long as he repairs her clocks and cleans up her yard.
Likes: Repairing things, tinkering, coffee, chocolate toffees and the smell of mint leaves.
Dislikes: Biased people, having no business, running out of coffee and seeing people in pain.
Theme Song: Repairman by The Cog is Dead
Should also state that I want someone who can match length with me or at least get out two paragraphs, I've been roleplaying for about nine years and I am over 18 years of age and would prefer my partner be close to or over this age as I am uncomfortable playing with anyone younger.

Ok ok ok, so I don't usually have ideas that I want to do as much as this one. The character I have in mind for this is below the plot.

First Plot: In the world of steampunk and magic, a small town sees the arrival of a young repairman with an unnerving sense of optimism and a penchant for making friends. He's quick to set up shop in a corner of the little town, and soon he gets an odd request from one of the few noble families living there.

Intrigued and glad to take the payment, he leaves for noble house to fix a broken heater, a broken fence, oil the hinges of a gate, and even replace a stove. Here, he meets someone that makes him question most everything he knows. However, he's frightened at the same time - can his crippled heart still beat for someone else?

Can someone repair the repairman's broken heart?

Character!

Name: William C. Jones
Sexuality: homosexaul
Nationality: N/A

Appearance: Will is neither a tall man or a short man, instead standing just between at 5'7. Most of his meager height is in his long legs, and is helped along just a bit by the heels of his work boots. His eyes are an dark, olive green, his hair - a little curly and long enough to constantly be in his eyes - is such a dark brown that is most often mistaken for black. His skin is dark, similar to dirt freshly tilled.

His hands are rough and scarred from years of working, a single gear tattoo on the inside of his wrist.

Reference for his hair: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3c/94/46/3c94461f45a4c3b8f1930d8c5f889123.jpg

Personality: Kind, humble, has a great sense of humor and doesn't hesitate to jump into a conversation if he sees a chance. He's friendly to anyone who comes into his shop or is just there, he has a big heart, though he won't trust anyone to care for the many cracks in it.

History: N/A (To be found out in the rp)

Relationships: None, he just moved to town and doesn't really know anyone but the old lady who lets him live with her as long as he repairs her clocks and cleans up her yard.
Likes: Repairing things, tinkering, coffee, chocolate toffees and the smell of mint leaves.
Dislikes: Biased people, having no business, running out of coffee and seeing people in pain.
Theme Song: Repairman by The Cog is Dead
Help me pay rent and cat vet bills: Art & Lore Shop
frogs.png
^
^
frogs.png
^
^
frogs.png
I'll definitely RP with you! (Though, just for safety measures, just in all, I don't like to reveal my age, but I've been RPing for about 8 years I don't remember, probably more by one or two, or more idk, maybe less.)
I'll definitely RP with you! (Though, just for safety measures, just in all, I don't like to reveal my age, but I've been RPing for about 8 years I don't remember, probably more by one or two, or more idk, maybe less.)
Gravity Falls RP!
~Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, BYEEEE!!~
photo.jpg
Hey-o, I may have something for you. Give me a few minutes to draft it here and you can tell me if you're down or not. :)
Hey-o, I may have something for you. Give me a few minutes to draft it here and you can tell me if you're down or not. :)
Just so ya know, I loooove Steampunk :3 so I love to RP steampunk.
Just so ya know, I loooove Steampunk :3 so I love to RP steampunk.
Gravity Falls RP!
photo.jpg
@RaveiWing

Ok cool, just to let you know if you're 15 and under its a solid no from me. I'm just not comfortable roleplaying with anyone more than a few years younger than myself. I'm gonna wait and see what else comes along, I'll let you know what I decide.

@Bellancawings

Take your time, I'm being forced into family fun time, so I won't be able to reply for at least an hour and a half to two hours. ^^ Yay me.
@RaveiWing

Ok cool, just to let you know if you're 15 and under its a solid no from me. I'm just not comfortable roleplaying with anyone more than a few years younger than myself. I'm gonna wait and see what else comes along, I'll let you know what I decide.

@Bellancawings

Take your time, I'm being forced into family fun time, so I won't be able to reply for at least an hour and a half to two hours. ^^ Yay me.
frogs.png
@TwistedRae RIP. But alright!
@TwistedRae RIP. But alright!
Gravity Falls RP!
photo.jpg
Name: Isaiah (Sai for those in the know)
Sexuality: bisexual

Appearance: Sai is tall. Seriously, tall. At six and a half feet in height he is an easy contender for the giant of the town, but rather than possess a complimentary build, he is a lanky, oddly graceful man who tends to sprawl rather than command the space he occupies. His hair is short and blonde, never tidy, and his eyes are a dark blue that appear blank more often than not. Being the heir to his family's estate, he dresses as well as can be expected; but there are always faint creases in his dress shirts and the scent of sleep clings to him like a natural cologne.

Personality: Isabelle, his twin, lovingly describes Isaiah as a "perpetual dreamer." It can be difficult for him to focus on the situation at hand, and more than once a conversation has tapered off into an uncomfortable silence on the part of the other while Isaiah watches their expression, too busy noting the minute changes in musculature to realize the question he has failed to answer. He is a passionate artist, rendering people and nature in charcoal portraits that carelessly litter his bedroom floor, and has a particular fondness for flowers. More than one woman who thought herself spurned by the young bachelor has received a flawless lily on her windowsill, as Sai's own style of apology.

History: Isaiah's father, Lord Grey, was not always a nobleman. Once he was known by the name John Eagal - a nobody from the town who was brilliant enough to secure a scholarship at the prestigious Oxford university. From there, Eagal lived by his wits, learning all he could about the emerging zeppelin industry. A handy investment here and there returned with great success, and he began to court the Lady Adeline Grey, a woman of old blood but dwindling wealth. Her family agreed to the match on the condition that Eagal forswear his own name, marrying into the Greys and giving them the fresh blood they needed; three years after the marriage, the tense relations were surprised with two healthy, beautiful twins. The children were exactly the boon the family needed, smoothing over the tensions of introducing a "lower class man" into their prideful tree, and were raised with doting pleasure.

Relationships: Isabelle, his twin sister, and his parents, Lord and Lady Grey. He is a somewhat aggravating person among the young men and women of the town, given his status as both the heir to a powerful family and yet resistant to almost all efforts to court him. He has a few friends in the town, and is not an uncommon sight at the local drinking holes or simply wandering the streets, sketchbook in hand.

Likes: Sunny days, wildflowers, music, new tools for art, blackberry ale, reading.
Dislikes: Fire, drunk or obnoxious people, stress or pressure to make decisions.
Theme Song: Colored Blind (Instrumental) - Counting Crows

_ _ _

Name: Isabelle.
Sexuality: straight

Appearance: Like her brother, Isabelle is possessed of significant stature, but tends toward more a normal height for a woman at five foot eight. She is remarkably elegant, with long, slender limbs free of any blemish or irregularity; she delights in showing off her slender body with brightly colored sundresses fitted demurely to her frame. She has waist-length, honey-colored hair that is often braided with the flowers Isaiah brings her, and eschews jewellery of any kind save for a slender silver band on the ring finger of her right hand.

Personality: Where Isaiah has the unfocused eye of a dreamer, Isabelle is sharp and ambitious. She loves poetry and acting, much to the chagrin of her mother, and is determined to perform in the great English cities. Her tendency toward the dramatic both entrances and exasperates the occasional target of her affections, and she is known to have openly declared herself "married to her art"; despite this, she likes flirting and romance as much as any other, and is as mischievous in provoking drama as she is skilled at appearing to have nothing to do with it. Woe to the man who insults her fire, for all the propriety in the world will not save him from her vengeful, passionate ways.

Relationships: Isaiah, her twin brother, and her parents, Lord and Lady Grey; Margaery Hart, the local witch's daughter; Kalinda Lachette, the young schoolteacher; and all manner of townsfolk, as Isabelle makes it her mission to know each of the them by name.

Likes: Honey teacakes, a juicy story, reading, poetry, plays, grand parties.
Dislikes: Dumb or foolish people, brute force solutions, being wrong, any physical pain.
Theme Song: Flesh - Simon Curtis
Name: Isaiah (Sai for those in the know)
Sexuality: bisexual

Appearance: Sai is tall. Seriously, tall. At six and a half feet in height he is an easy contender for the giant of the town, but rather than possess a complimentary build, he is a lanky, oddly graceful man who tends to sprawl rather than command the space he occupies. His hair is short and blonde, never tidy, and his eyes are a dark blue that appear blank more often than not. Being the heir to his family's estate, he dresses as well as can be expected; but there are always faint creases in his dress shirts and the scent of sleep clings to him like a natural cologne.

Personality: Isabelle, his twin, lovingly describes Isaiah as a "perpetual dreamer." It can be difficult for him to focus on the situation at hand, and more than once a conversation has tapered off into an uncomfortable silence on the part of the other while Isaiah watches their expression, too busy noting the minute changes in musculature to realize the question he has failed to answer. He is a passionate artist, rendering people and nature in charcoal portraits that carelessly litter his bedroom floor, and has a particular fondness for flowers. More than one woman who thought herself spurned by the young bachelor has received a flawless lily on her windowsill, as Sai's own style of apology.

History: Isaiah's father, Lord Grey, was not always a nobleman. Once he was known by the name John Eagal - a nobody from the town who was brilliant enough to secure a scholarship at the prestigious Oxford university. From there, Eagal lived by his wits, learning all he could about the emerging zeppelin industry. A handy investment here and there returned with great success, and he began to court the Lady Adeline Grey, a woman of old blood but dwindling wealth. Her family agreed to the match on the condition that Eagal forswear his own name, marrying into the Greys and giving them the fresh blood they needed; three years after the marriage, the tense relations were surprised with two healthy, beautiful twins. The children were exactly the boon the family needed, smoothing over the tensions of introducing a "lower class man" into their prideful tree, and were raised with doting pleasure.

Relationships: Isabelle, his twin sister, and his parents, Lord and Lady Grey. He is a somewhat aggravating person among the young men and women of the town, given his status as both the heir to a powerful family and yet resistant to almost all efforts to court him. He has a few friends in the town, and is not an uncommon sight at the local drinking holes or simply wandering the streets, sketchbook in hand.

Likes: Sunny days, wildflowers, music, new tools for art, blackberry ale, reading.
Dislikes: Fire, drunk or obnoxious people, stress or pressure to make decisions.
Theme Song: Colored Blind (Instrumental) - Counting Crows

_ _ _

Name: Isabelle.
Sexuality: straight

Appearance: Like her brother, Isabelle is possessed of significant stature, but tends toward more a normal height for a woman at five foot eight. She is remarkably elegant, with long, slender limbs free of any blemish or irregularity; she delights in showing off her slender body with brightly colored sundresses fitted demurely to her frame. She has waist-length, honey-colored hair that is often braided with the flowers Isaiah brings her, and eschews jewellery of any kind save for a slender silver band on the ring finger of her right hand.

Personality: Where Isaiah has the unfocused eye of a dreamer, Isabelle is sharp and ambitious. She loves poetry and acting, much to the chagrin of her mother, and is determined to perform in the great English cities. Her tendency toward the dramatic both entrances and exasperates the occasional target of her affections, and she is known to have openly declared herself "married to her art"; despite this, she likes flirting and romance as much as any other, and is as mischievous in provoking drama as she is skilled at appearing to have nothing to do with it. Woe to the man who insults her fire, for all the propriety in the world will not save him from her vengeful, passionate ways.

Relationships: Isaiah, her twin brother, and her parents, Lord and Lady Grey; Margaery Hart, the local witch's daughter; Kalinda Lachette, the young schoolteacher; and all manner of townsfolk, as Isabelle makes it her mission to know each of the them by name.

Likes: Honey teacakes, a juicy story, reading, poetry, plays, grand parties.
Dislikes: Dumb or foolish people, brute force solutions, being wrong, any physical pain.
Theme Song: Flesh - Simon Curtis
Oh, and btw, I'm 23. Let me know if that's going to be an issue at all.
Oh, and btw, I'm 23. Let me know if that's going to be an issue at all.
1 2