Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shadow's Resurgence [1x1]
1 2 3 4
The shiny Coatl turned his attention to the Fae. He didn't quite recall seeing her around previously either- but it seemed she was acting as mediator, rather than taking sides. She looked like she better fit a political scene than a fashion one. But even fashion had its politics.

He gave the silk a quick glance. "Well at a glance, I'd say it's of mealworm origin... Four-Spot, perchance?"

Spring gave a very visible sigh of relief. He still wanted this to be very much over as soon as possible, this whole shenanigan was working his nerves- but at least he was right.
The shiny Coatl turned his attention to the Fae. He didn't quite recall seeing her around previously either- but it seemed she was acting as mediator, rather than taking sides. She looked like she better fit a political scene than a fashion one. But even fashion had its politics.

He gave the silk a quick glance. "Well at a glance, I'd say it's of mealworm origin... Four-Spot, perchance?"

Spring gave a very visible sigh of relief. He still wanted this to be very much over as soon as possible, this whole shenanigan was working his nerves- but at least he was right.
xxxxx uvuxbfn.png 4vJXUnL.gif
Redsoul smiled. Well, as much as a fae could smile. Her work here was done. She would leave the vendor to karma. "Thank you, Mister Drogon." She said, returning the silk to the vendor's stand.

((How are we going to get them to start talking to one another? Should we have them split up and then meet up again later in the day?))
Redsoul smiled. Well, as much as a fae could smile. Her work here was done. She would leave the vendor to karma. "Thank you, Mister Drogon." She said, returning the silk to the vendor's stand.

((How are we going to get them to start talking to one another? Should we have them split up and then meet up again later in the day?))
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((yea alright, sounds good to me! Spring needs to thank Redsoul for mediating the situation)) The vendor backed up in shock. "Four- It is [i]not[/i] Four Spot, I say!" he bellowed, losing all pretence of humility in front of the well-known Coatl. "I don't care what you say, I know my wares, I know what I'm selling." But his efforts were too little and too late. The crowd took Drogon for his word, and some shook their heads at the scene the vendor was now causing. The vendor looked around helplessly. "I- I'm not lying!" The black Coatl walked up to the vendor and said with a confident look in his eye. "Darling, neither am I," he murmured, then booped the vendor's nose with his hand roughly. "So be a good dear, and calm down before you hurt your reputation any more than you already have, hm? That sound like a plan?" A wave of submission passed over the vendor, and he flattened his flared-up feathers. "Y- Fine. I- I'll change the price." "Good boy," Drogon nodded, and turned away from the defeated vendor once and for all. He murmured, "Good call, my dear, but next time I suggest backing your claim up more strongly, hm?" as he passed a relieved Spring. "I- uh-," the Imperial stuttered, trying to thank the Coatl, but he had already slunk off into the shadows of the forest. Spring turned, looking for the Fae to thank. But she had already left already, leaving Spring with a quickly dispersing crowd and no one to thank. [rule] About an hour had passed since the chaotic ordeal, and Spring was still a little shaken. Though he had calmed down considerably, the entire thing was just so overwhelming. The Imperial was sitting quietly in a sunny spot a bit away from the hubbub of the market, watching passersby with mellow eyes, partly looking for either Drogon or the Fae and partly dozing off. Spring's Hippogriff Avid was beside him now, leaning against the Imperial, snoozing gently. [rule] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26746615] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/267467/26746615_350.png[/img] [/url] Elsewhere, a dark Guardian was preparing. She was sitting in the darkest corner of the forest near the fashion show, mumbling something to her Shatterbone Vulture familiar. "Soon, Jinx. Soon I will take a great step forward in my plans," she whispered, her voice melodious but eerie and smokey, dripping like sweetened honey laced with poison. "I am very lucky, yes lucky, to have found not one but [i]two[/i] Shade-touched so close by, and near one another." She gave a sneer, obviously very pleased. All she needed to do was get close to invoke the Shade within them, and the wondrous being will do the rest, bringing the two to their knees. "Come Jinx," she commanded in a stronger voice as she rose onto her feet, having prepared her bag, "Let us collect our first comrades." Jinx rose its head, tilting it to the side, and followed the Guardian out of the cave they were sitting in, taking to the air once there was enough room.
((yea alright, sounds good to me! Spring needs to thank Redsoul for mediating the situation))

The vendor backed up in shock. "Four- It is not Four Spot, I say!" he bellowed, losing all pretence of humility in front of the well-known Coatl. "I don't care what you say, I know my wares, I know what I'm selling."

But his efforts were too little and too late. The crowd took Drogon for his word, and some shook their heads at the scene the vendor was now causing. The vendor looked around helplessly. "I- I'm not lying!"

The black Coatl walked up to the vendor and said with a confident look in his eye. "Darling, neither am I," he murmured, then booped the vendor's nose with his hand roughly. "So be a good dear, and calm down before you hurt your reputation any more than you already have, hm? That sound like a plan?"

A wave of submission passed over the vendor, and he flattened his flared-up feathers. "Y- Fine. I- I'll change the price."

"Good boy," Drogon nodded, and turned away from the defeated vendor once and for all. He murmured, "Good call, my dear, but next time I suggest backing your claim up more strongly, hm?" as he passed a relieved Spring.

"I- uh-," the Imperial stuttered, trying to thank the Coatl, but he had already slunk off into the shadows of the forest. Spring turned, looking for the Fae to thank. But she had already left already, leaving Spring with a quickly dispersing crowd and no one to thank.

About an hour had passed since the chaotic ordeal, and Spring was still a little shaken. Though he had calmed down considerably, the entire thing was just so overwhelming. The Imperial was sitting quietly in a sunny spot a bit away from the hubbub of the market, watching passersby with mellow eyes, partly looking for either Drogon or the Fae and partly dozing off. Spring's Hippogriff Avid was beside him now, leaning against the Imperial, snoozing gently.

26746615_350.png

Elsewhere, a dark Guardian was preparing. She was sitting in the darkest corner of the forest near the fashion show, mumbling something to her Shatterbone Vulture familiar.

"Soon, Jinx. Soon I will take a great step forward in my plans," she whispered, her voice melodious but eerie and smokey, dripping like sweetened honey laced with poison. "I am very lucky, yes lucky, to have found not one but two Shade-touched so close by, and near one another." She gave a sneer, obviously very pleased. All she needed to do was get close to invoke the Shade within them, and the wondrous being will do the rest, bringing the two to their knees.

"Come Jinx," she commanded in a stronger voice as she rose onto her feet, having prepared her bag, "Let us collect our first comrades." Jinx rose its head, tilting it to the side, and followed the Guardian out of the cave they were sitting in, taking to the air once there was enough room.
((Ominous. I cant wait. Heres a protip; her pendant. Im in the middle of revamping her lore, and the pendant plays a key role. it was forged by my hunters in order to suppress the shade and grant the host control once more. in order for the shade to resurface fully, it would need to be removed, then the alter-ego can spring forth. Maybe that would be a job for the vulture when the time came.))

When Drogon was confronting the other coatl, she saw a small swarm of insects disappear into the trees. Her stomach rumbled slightly, and it was only then that she realised that she hadn't eaten since she broke camp that morning. She took a quick glance around. The situation seemed to be under control, so she darted off after the small swarm to catch a quick snack.

----

It was roughly an hour before she saw the imp again. Frankly, she didn't expect to see them at all. After all, she did plan to leave at the end of that day, and it was unlikely that she would ever see them after today. She stood there for a moment. He was looking away from her, gazing out at a passing crowd, a hippogrif she guessed must be his familiar leaning against his side.

Silently, she fluttered up to him, landing in front of him. "Hey." She said to get his attention. "You're that guy who called the coatl out, right? I don't think I ever caught your name."
((Ominous. I cant wait. Heres a protip; her pendant. Im in the middle of revamping her lore, and the pendant plays a key role. it was forged by my hunters in order to suppress the shade and grant the host control once more. in order for the shade to resurface fully, it would need to be removed, then the alter-ego can spring forth. Maybe that would be a job for the vulture when the time came.))

When Drogon was confronting the other coatl, she saw a small swarm of insects disappear into the trees. Her stomach rumbled slightly, and it was only then that she realised that she hadn't eaten since she broke camp that morning. She took a quick glance around. The situation seemed to be under control, so she darted off after the small swarm to catch a quick snack.

----

It was roughly an hour before she saw the imp again. Frankly, she didn't expect to see them at all. After all, she did plan to leave at the end of that day, and it was unlikely that she would ever see them after today. She stood there for a moment. He was looking away from her, gazing out at a passing crowd, a hippogrif she guessed must be his familiar leaning against his side.

Silently, she fluttered up to him, landing in front of him. "Hey." She said to get his attention. "You're that guy who called the coatl out, right? I don't think I ever caught your name."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((alright, thanks a bunch for the info! :DD))

The pink Imperial snapped out of his haze when a small motion appeared right in front of him. Focusing, he realized it was the Fae from earlier.

"O-Oh, hello!" Spring greeted, voice a bit high from surprise. "I- My name is Spring," he replied to her question. "I- uh- I wanted to say- thank you. For- for interjecting in the- uh- you know-" Spring hesitated to say it.

Avid shifted from her sleep when the Imperial began to talk, and now was glancing around blinking the sleep away.
((alright, thanks a bunch for the info! :DD))

The pink Imperial snapped out of his haze when a small motion appeared right in front of him. Focusing, he realized it was the Fae from earlier.

"O-Oh, hello!" Spring greeted, voice a bit high from surprise. "I- My name is Spring," he replied to her question. "I- uh- I wanted to say- thank you. For- for interjecting in the- uh- you know-" Spring hesitated to say it.

Avid shifted from her sleep when the Imperial began to talk, and now was glancing around blinking the sleep away.
((I renamed her violet, because redsoul was getting a little repetitive, but she will remain redsoul in this rp. For the time being at least.))

"Well, Spring," she said, slightly amused by the imp's vocal stumbling. She had been that way once. A timid little thing. Then it came. She hasn't been quite the same since then. "They had you backed into a corner, and I helped. There isn't any need for thanks. It was quite fun actually. Lucky that Drogon guy should up though, or I would've just dug you a deeper hole. The name is Red by the way."
((I renamed her violet, because redsoul was getting a little repetitive, but she will remain redsoul in this rp. For the time being at least.))

"Well, Spring," she said, slightly amused by the imp's vocal stumbling. She had been that way once. A timid little thing. Then it came. She hasn't been quite the same since then. "They had you backed into a corner, and I helped. There isn't any need for thanks. It was quite fun actually. Lucky that Drogon guy should up though, or I would've just dug you a deeper hole. The name is Red by the way."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((alright! do you want to make it a plot point later on or nah?))

"W-Well I uh... Appreciate it anyways. It- It helped just having someone else there..." He glanced to the side, watching his familiar. Avid was looking at the new Fae, twisting his head from side to side to get a better look.

"Oh, th-this is Avid, my familiar," Spring said as Avid leaned in to observe the Fae. "He was my family's first.. So he's a little overprotective.."

The Hippogriff sat back with a satisfied huff, seemingly pleased with their company.
((alright! do you want to make it a plot point later on or nah?))

"W-Well I uh... Appreciate it anyways. It- It helped just having someone else there..." He glanced to the side, watching his familiar. Avid was looking at the new Fae, twisting his head from side to side to get a better look.

"Oh, th-this is Avid, my familiar," Spring said as Avid leaned in to observe the Fae. "He was my family's first.. So he's a little overprotective.."

The Hippogriff sat back with a satisfied huff, seemingly pleased with their company.
((I might. But not yet. If it does come up, ill let you know beforehand.))

If she was honest, she was slightly intimidated by the hippogrif, as it was roughly twice her size, and she relaxed when it seemed to approve of her presence. "That's reasonable." She said, settling herself down with a small sigh. she hadn't realized just tired and sore she was until that moment, as she had been moving around since she broke camp that morning. "So, Where are you from?"

((Whenever you are ready. You can have them strike now, or have them get to know each other a little first so we have a small bond we can exploit later.))
((I might. But not yet. If it does come up, ill let you know beforehand.))

If she was honest, she was slightly intimidated by the hippogrif, as it was roughly twice her size, and she relaxed when it seemed to approve of her presence. "That's reasonable." She said, settling herself down with a small sigh. she hadn't realized just tired and sore she was until that moment, as she had been moving around since she broke camp that morning. "So, Where are you from?"

((Whenever you are ready. You can have them strike now, or have them get to know each other a little first so we have a small bond we can exploit later.))
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((lets give them a bit of time to get to know one another. do you want me to give a heads up when Wollig enters the scene or nah?))

Spring shifted a little so he could look at the Fae a bit more comfortably. He was a little surprised she wanted to continue the conversation- he'd assumed she would stop by, he would give his thanks, and they would part ways. But Spring was more than happy to have company.

"I'm from Mint City," he replied, "It's uh- located in the Reedcleft Ascent, in- in the Windswept Plateau. A-and you?"
((lets give them a bit of time to get to know one another. do you want me to give a heads up when Wollig enters the scene or nah?))

Spring shifted a little so he could look at the Fae a bit more comfortably. He was a little surprised she wanted to continue the conversation- he'd assumed she would stop by, he would give his thanks, and they would part ways. But Spring was more than happy to have company.

"I'm from Mint City," he replied, "It's uh- located in the Reedcleft Ascent, in- in the Windswept Plateau. A-and you?"
((If you want, doesn't really matter either way on my end.))

"Me? I've set up shop in a cozy little clan at the northern end of the highland scrub in the shifting expanse." She said, "though, I was hatched in..." she trailed off, reaching for a memory she was certain was there, bjt coming up empty. The only thing she remembered about her birth clan was laughter, a sinister laughter. And darkness, swallowing darkness. "Never mind."

"How often do you come here?" She asked, redirecting the topic. "Quite a setup they have going, dont you think?"
((If you want, doesn't really matter either way on my end.))

"Me? I've set up shop in a cozy little clan at the northern end of the highland scrub in the shifting expanse." She said, "though, I was hatched in..." she trailed off, reaching for a memory she was certain was there, bjt coming up empty. The only thing she remembered about her birth clan was laughter, a sinister laughter. And darkness, swallowing darkness. "Never mind."

"How often do you come here?" She asked, redirecting the topic. "Quite a setup they have going, dont you think?"
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
1 2 3 4