Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hit me up with that RP tho
1 2 3
/rubs hands together

I'm Moor and I like to RP

And I bet you like to RP

So how about we work on something, y'dig?

So here's the gist. I'm a semi-lit RPer who digs pokemon, sci-fi, apocalypse, fantasy, lovecraftian etc etc kinda nonsense, love me some grimdark nonsense, and generally am here to have a good time and RP some cool characters. I tend to be pretty casual re: a lot of things and am nigh impossible to squick out, though I'm not exactly here for anything sexual or romantic.

I mean, I wouldn't mind someone who is also semi-lit and likes some degree of worldbuilding and plot shenanigans and what not, as well as just generally being a cool and flexible person. That's. Pretty much it really. Righto.
/rubs hands together

I'm Moor and I like to RP

And I bet you like to RP

So how about we work on something, y'dig?

So here's the gist. I'm a semi-lit RPer who digs pokemon, sci-fi, apocalypse, fantasy, lovecraftian etc etc kinda nonsense, love me some grimdark nonsense, and generally am here to have a good time and RP some cool characters. I tend to be pretty casual re: a lot of things and am nigh impossible to squick out, though I'm not exactly here for anything sexual or romantic.

I mean, I wouldn't mind someone who is also semi-lit and likes some degree of worldbuilding and plot shenanigans and what not, as well as just generally being a cool and flexible person. That's. Pretty much it really. Righto.
@moorhound

I absolutely adore worldbuilding, plot and writing but am inexperienced in actual RP
I seem to share your interests, as well as lack of interest in romantic/sexual plots.

Would it be possible to try this with you?
I do want to get into RPing as it would be conductive to my writing skills.
I'm very much receptive to criticism.
@moorhound

I absolutely adore worldbuilding, plot and writing but am inexperienced in actual RP
I seem to share your interests, as well as lack of interest in romantic/sexual plots.

Would it be possible to try this with you?
I do want to get into RPing as it would be conductive to my writing skills.
I'm very much receptive to criticism.
He/him & they/them
@Cryptnoch

SWEET sounds like a plan!

Is there anything in particular you'd wanna do or mash together? Pokemon at least can be slotted into any of the general themes except fantasy really, but otherwise we can also slam dunk any of the themes together for stuff, so reallllly anything goes.
@Cryptnoch

SWEET sounds like a plan!

Is there anything in particular you'd wanna do or mash together? Pokemon at least can be slotted into any of the general themes except fantasy really, but otherwise we can also slam dunk any of the themes together for stuff, so reallllly anything goes.
@moorhound

Sadly most of my main fandoms are very obscure, so I don't know... could you list some that you're familiar with?
Are we creating characters from scratch or using preixisting OCs? Perhaps it would be easier to draw a setting out of the characters?
I also have a few world settings (fantasy/sci-fi) that I've created for personal use and those could work in a pinch but they may be a bit too complex?

Here are some of the works I personally will draw upon for inspiration (and what it is that I draw from them)
~Romantically Apocalyptic (post apocalyptic World appearance)
~every book ever by Brandon Sanderson (worldbuilding/complex magic systems/historical inspiration)
~mare internum (how to use psychology for better emotional impact/realistic character psychology)
@moorhound

Sadly most of my main fandoms are very obscure, so I don't know... could you list some that you're familiar with?
Are we creating characters from scratch or using preixisting OCs? Perhaps it would be easier to draw a setting out of the characters?
I also have a few world settings (fantasy/sci-fi) that I've created for personal use and those could work in a pinch but they may be a bit too complex?

Here are some of the works I personally will draw upon for inspiration (and what it is that I draw from them)
~Romantically Apocalyptic (post apocalyptic World appearance)
~every book ever by Brandon Sanderson (worldbuilding/complex magic systems/historical inspiration)
~mare internum (how to use psychology for better emotional impact/realistic character psychology)
He/him & they/them
@Cryptnoch

Uh fandom wise it's the fairly typical I suppose--I'm a big fan of Fallout for example or Mass Effect, which are both pretty big name and common. The Leviathan trilogy and the Temeraire series both have super neat world building, although they get a bit more historical fiction-y.

Beyond that, it's not too hard to whip something up in a pinch as well, so I imagine it's not gonna be too huge an issue to figure something out.

(Sorry for slow responses for the next few days--college is gonna be kicking up again Monday and I'm gonna be out all day tomorrow.)
@Cryptnoch

Uh fandom wise it's the fairly typical I suppose--I'm a big fan of Fallout for example or Mass Effect, which are both pretty big name and common. The Leviathan trilogy and the Temeraire series both have super neat world building, although they get a bit more historical fiction-y.

Beyond that, it's not too hard to whip something up in a pinch as well, so I imagine it's not gonna be too huge an issue to figure something out.

(Sorry for slow responses for the next few days--college is gonna be kicking up again Monday and I'm gonna be out all day tomorrow.)
@moorhound

Big fan of leviathan and temeraire holy hades.

Want to build off something leviathan-y? That was with the mechanical community VS bioengineering lot, yes?

Perfectly fine btw.
@moorhound

Big fan of leviathan and temeraire holy hades.

Want to build off something leviathan-y? That was with the mechanical community VS bioengineering lot, yes?

Perfectly fine btw.
He/him & they/them
@Moorhound

Grimdark you say. Nigh impossible to squick out you say. Worldbuilding and plot shenanigans you say. Hi, I'm the Spork Lord and I know nothing of this human thing called romance. All those things I just said you said are things I dare say that I like too. Horror is my second language and I'm as flexible as a contortionist.

In all seriousness, I love horror and grimdark plotlines. I have absolutely no experience in writing romance nor do I have an interest in doing so. As far as availability, it fluctuates, but I'm usually able to respond a few times a day. I haven't done fandom RPs and the things that I'd be interested in playing around with the universe are fairly obscure and in short number (But if you want that short list, just ask.), this is mainly because I don't like messing up canon and coming up with characters on the spot is not one of my skills. As such, none of my characters are linked to any specific universe and can be manipulated to fit into many settings when needed.
@Moorhound

Grimdark you say. Nigh impossible to squick out you say. Worldbuilding and plot shenanigans you say. Hi, I'm the Spork Lord and I know nothing of this human thing called romance. All those things I just said you said are things I dare say that I like too. Horror is my second language and I'm as flexible as a contortionist.

In all seriousness, I love horror and grimdark plotlines. I have absolutely no experience in writing romance nor do I have an interest in doing so. As far as availability, it fluctuates, but I'm usually able to respond a few times a day. I haven't done fandom RPs and the things that I'd be interested in playing around with the universe are fairly obscure and in short number (But if you want that short list, just ask.), this is mainly because I don't like messing up canon and coming up with characters on the spot is not one of my skills. As such, none of my characters are linked to any specific universe and can be manipulated to fit into many settings when needed.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
@Cryptnoch

That was bioengineering versus machinery! I haven't read the books in forever, ngl, so in theory we could do an inspired thing and just yoink that general idea of machinery vs. bioengineering and make up our own world for it for simplicity's sake.

@SporkLord

/finger pistols eyo

I mean to be fair we don't have to specifically go fandom and I'm always down for yoinking an idea from something and making it into our own thing, or either way just sorta brainstorming something together. While most of my characters are vaguely fandom related, I've got enough concepts that I can recycle and repurpose a character into anything, so we're good on that front, just a matter of narrowing down what we wanna do.
@Cryptnoch

That was bioengineering versus machinery! I haven't read the books in forever, ngl, so in theory we could do an inspired thing and just yoink that general idea of machinery vs. bioengineering and make up our own world for it for simplicity's sake.

@SporkLord

/finger pistols eyo

I mean to be fair we don't have to specifically go fandom and I'm always down for yoinking an idea from something and making it into our own thing, or either way just sorta brainstorming something together. While most of my characters are vaguely fandom related, I've got enough concepts that I can recycle and repurpose a character into anything, so we're good on that front, just a matter of narrowing down what we wanna do.
@moorhound

Sounds like a bloody fun time to me.
I already have a weird bird-beaked dude who could go for the bio side as some creepy experiment.
I have a lot of potential creepy experiments. And I'm pretty good at making new ones.

Unless... you would rather go one on one with @sporklord

@moorhound

Sounds like a bloody fun time to me.
I already have a weird bird-beaked dude who could go for the bio side as some creepy experiment.
I have a lot of potential creepy experiments. And I'm pretty good at making new ones.

Unless... you would rather go one on one with @sporklord

He/him & they/them
@Cryptnoch

Oh no I can RP with you both at the same time in different things unless @sporklord wants to hop in on this and you don't mind, either or work for me. But nah, either way I'll RP with you both in 1x1 if that's what y'all want, or we can slam this into a group thing if that's what folks want, either or work for me!

Otherwise, I'll make another thread for our RP and we'll go from there
@Cryptnoch

Oh no I can RP with you both at the same time in different things unless @sporklord wants to hop in on this and you don't mind, either or work for me. But nah, either way I'll RP with you both in 1x1 if that's what y'all want, or we can slam this into a group thing if that's what folks want, either or work for me!

Otherwise, I'll make another thread for our RP and we'll go from there
1 2 3