Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hit me up with that RP tho
1 2 3
@Moorhound @Cryptnoch

I don't think the machines should have souls in a literal sense, but maybe in a more metaphorical sense? Like, they're not necessarily aware, but their artificial intelligence is so advanced it makes them seem to be alive and just as capable as humans. Just as today he have programs capable of learning from humans and mimicking the speech patterns and behavior they observe. Instead of being literally alive, the machines would be advanced to the point of acting lifelike.

As for a magic system, I'd prefer to keep this purely sci-fi, but I'm not entirely opposed to one and if we decide to have one, I can certainly provide ideas on how it would work.
@Moorhound @Cryptnoch

I don't think the machines should have souls in a literal sense, but maybe in a more metaphorical sense? Like, they're not necessarily aware, but their artificial intelligence is so advanced it makes them seem to be alive and just as capable as humans. Just as today he have programs capable of learning from humans and mimicking the speech patterns and behavior they observe. Instead of being literally alive, the machines would be advanced to the point of acting lifelike.

As for a magic system, I'd prefer to keep this purely sci-fi, but I'm not entirely opposed to one and if we decide to have one, I can certainly provide ideas on how it would work.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
You, you guys sound like my kind of people. Just sayin'.

<returns to the darkness from whence she came>
You, you guys sound like my kind of people. Just sayin'.

<returns to the darkness from whence she came>
0vKbO0g.png ... ..jsdqWwF.png ... ...23f9f17750ec9255a270f24d9cfdf550ba2ef9cf.gif
@sporklord
@moorhound

Wholehearted agreement.
Literal souls need not apply.
But I think the artificial intelligence bit is unnecessary in the hybrids as they could draw upon the cheaper alternative of a biological (if perhaps heavily edited) brain.

Perhaps for the main part mechanical half could lean more on human-controlled machinery with an experimental AI subsect (vigorously funded) because I think the AI; in a community we've established as more or less conservative (I believe?) would be a bit too far down the biological or bio-influenced path. They would believe it to be a crime to create something that could mistakenly be called a 'soul'

As for magic systems I recommend we adapt something of the Cosmere (saga by Brandon Sanderson) if at all.
It's very strict, containing predictable magical laws and therefore is a bit closer to science fiction than conventional fantasy.
If we do that, our sci-fi elements could be more accult/unpredictable than fantasy. Which would be an interesting spin on things.

(waiting for moorhound now. Sorry if responses were excessive)
@sporklord
@moorhound

Wholehearted agreement.
Literal souls need not apply.
But I think the artificial intelligence bit is unnecessary in the hybrids as they could draw upon the cheaper alternative of a biological (if perhaps heavily edited) brain.

Perhaps for the main part mechanical half could lean more on human-controlled machinery with an experimental AI subsect (vigorously funded) because I think the AI; in a community we've established as more or less conservative (I believe?) would be a bit too far down the biological or bio-influenced path. They would believe it to be a crime to create something that could mistakenly be called a 'soul'

As for magic systems I recommend we adapt something of the Cosmere (saga by Brandon Sanderson) if at all.
It's very strict, containing predictable magical laws and therefore is a bit closer to science fiction than conventional fantasy.
If we do that, our sci-fi elements could be more accult/unpredictable than fantasy. Which would be an interesting spin on things.

(waiting for moorhound now. Sorry if responses were excessive)
He/him & they/them
@Cryptnoch
@Sporklord

actually, it turns out school may be more intense than I expected, so I'm just gonna leave this to you two. have fun with it and g'luck!
@Cryptnoch
@Sporklord

actually, it turns out school may be more intense than I expected, so I'm just gonna leave this to you two. have fun with it and g'luck!
@moorhound

Oh.

Good luck, then!

@sporklord
Do you still want to continue?
@moorhound

Oh.

Good luck, then!

@sporklord
Do you still want to continue?
He/him & they/them
1 2 3