Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hit me up with that RP tho
1 2 3
@moorhound

I'm actually pretty curious as to what a group RP would be like XD (never been in one)

So we just jumping in or planning a bit forward?
@moorhound

I'm actually pretty curious as to what a group RP would be like XD (never been in one)

So we just jumping in or planning a bit forward?
He/him & they/them
@cryptnoch

Ideally I wouldn't mind brainstorming some vague plotline, but from there I don't wanna go too far without checking to see if SporkLord's gonna tag along or not so they don't have to play too much catch up if they are interested haha
@cryptnoch

Ideally I wouldn't mind brainstorming some vague plotline, but from there I don't wanna go too far without checking to see if SporkLord's gonna tag along or not so they don't have to play too much catch up if they are interested haha
@Moorhound @Cryptnoch

I'm fine with doing a group RP. I've done both 1x1s and groups. Small groups work pretty well because it's not as easy for the people who can't constantly respond to fall behind and struggle to catch up. I'm more than happy to tag along and brainstorm.
@Moorhound @Cryptnoch

I'm fine with doing a group RP. I've done both 1x1s and groups. Small groups work pretty well because it's not as easy for the people who can't constantly respond to fall behind and struggle to catch up. I'm more than happy to tag along and brainstorm.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
@Sporklord @Cryptnoch

Group RP sounds solid to me imo, especially as a college student my schedule may get weird, so it'll be nice to have a few people who aren't always relying on me to carry the plot hahaha

So somethin' bioengineery vs. machinery kinda world then. Make it sci-fi future-esque, divided cities/countries/etc. at war, maybe? One country prefers bioengieering, the other machinery?
@Sporklord @Cryptnoch

Group RP sounds solid to me imo, especially as a college student my schedule may get weird, so it'll be nice to have a few people who aren't always relying on me to carry the plot hahaha

So somethin' bioengineery vs. machinery kinda world then. Make it sci-fi future-esque, divided cities/countries/etc. at war, maybe? One country prefers bioengieering, the other machinery?
@sporklord @moorhound
Neat!

Hn. That sounds cool but a tad cliche. Maybe something more of an arms race? More cold-war like? More suspense and plot and less gunslinging bullet spraying chestbursting face-clawing action?
Just a suggestion though, I'm fine with more direct war stuff too. I'm sure it could be made more interesting

Maybe a political subsect trying to unite the two through combinative experiments buttt plot twist they're actually kinda being exploited. So that could give us wack-o crazy mergings of bio and tech.
@sporklord @moorhound
Neat!

Hn. That sounds cool but a tad cliche. Maybe something more of an arms race? More cold-war like? More suspense and plot and less gunslinging bullet spraying chestbursting face-clawing action?
Just a suggestion though, I'm fine with more direct war stuff too. I'm sure it could be made more interesting

Maybe a political subsect trying to unite the two through combinative experiments buttt plot twist they're actually kinda being exploited. So that could give us wack-o crazy mergings of bio and tech.
He/him & they/them
@Cryptnoch @Sporklord

oh man now I've spent all day totally not paying attention in class and brainstorming characters. Outta nowhere, I remembered a book I read a long time ago that had mechanical dragons (The Havemercy series, iirc). I never read beyond the first book but the point was I may take the idea of giant mechanical dragons and have a pilot of one for my character.

As for plot, it was a vague loose suggestion haha! I definitely don't mind goin' a little more subtle with things, and I do like the idea of the two factions/whatever having to come together to face a bigger threat. We can also find a way to string in some more horror-esque elements in there, perhaps with the idea of terrible bioengineering experiments, the bioengineering/tech combos you mentioned, maybe people start vanishing and get churned out in experiments and our characters have to get to the bottom of it?

Actually, we could tie that to whatever other force is trying to force both factions to unite--not because they care about them uniting and more because it's a bigger pool of people to take from and use for experiments and dabble with more complicated experiments and what not.

Though in that case we'll have to think up a good motivation why they'd wanna make Terrible Flesh Monsters, but it'd certainly be doable imo
@Cryptnoch @Sporklord

oh man now I've spent all day totally not paying attention in class and brainstorming characters. Outta nowhere, I remembered a book I read a long time ago that had mechanical dragons (The Havemercy series, iirc). I never read beyond the first book but the point was I may take the idea of giant mechanical dragons and have a pilot of one for my character.

As for plot, it was a vague loose suggestion haha! I definitely don't mind goin' a little more subtle with things, and I do like the idea of the two factions/whatever having to come together to face a bigger threat. We can also find a way to string in some more horror-esque elements in there, perhaps with the idea of terrible bioengineering experiments, the bioengineering/tech combos you mentioned, maybe people start vanishing and get churned out in experiments and our characters have to get to the bottom of it?

Actually, we could tie that to whatever other force is trying to force both factions to unite--not because they care about them uniting and more because it's a bigger pool of people to take from and use for experiments and dabble with more complicated experiments and what not.

Though in that case we'll have to think up a good motivation why they'd wanna make Terrible Flesh Monsters, but it'd certainly be doable imo
@moorhound

Perhaps it doesn't have to be two country-like factions, but more of two sets of morality. Like Atheist and Religious. This would allow for a natural gradient of extremely right-wing to very mild factions, as well as maintain a more tangible border between the two lifestyles despite them rooming up together against something.
The terrible monsters of doom could very well be initially an attempt at uniting the two factions, sabotaged as a sort of form of scientific terrorism.

It would be a very progress/science oriented sort of culture. I wonder how religion would fit into that as well as those who are not of a scientific mindset.

Alternatively the compartmentalizations could be purely of military, that would let us do less worldbuilding with regard to societal relations/descrimination/politics.
@moorhound

Perhaps it doesn't have to be two country-like factions, but more of two sets of morality. Like Atheist and Religious. This would allow for a natural gradient of extremely right-wing to very mild factions, as well as maintain a more tangible border between the two lifestyles despite them rooming up together against something.
The terrible monsters of doom could very well be initially an attempt at uniting the two factions, sabotaged as a sort of form of scientific terrorism.

It would be a very progress/science oriented sort of culture. I wonder how religion would fit into that as well as those who are not of a scientific mindset.

Alternatively the compartmentalizations could be purely of military, that would let us do less worldbuilding with regard to societal relations/descrimination/politics.
He/him & they/them
@Moorhound @Cryptnoch

Sorry it took so long to respond. I too have classes to deal with and a constant pile of homework.

Anyway, I don't particularly mind if the factions are country like or possibly more like large cities with defined cultures. I'm in full agreement with the two having to team up for one reason or another. I agree that there needs to be a reason for the terrible flesh monsters if they're included, and sabotage would work, though I think the experiments getting out of hand or possibly it being a misguided effort where they didn't realize their mistakes until it was too late could also work.

Religion could be worked in. People try to reason the two and explain them using aspects of the other. Depending on how far forward from modern Earth society this one is, or how removed it is, religion could still exist possibly as something that is generally looked down on or rare. Alternatively, common aspects or traits of religions could be present but based around science, progress, and the moralities and values of the two factions.
@Moorhound @Cryptnoch

Sorry it took so long to respond. I too have classes to deal with and a constant pile of homework.

Anyway, I don't particularly mind if the factions are country like or possibly more like large cities with defined cultures. I'm in full agreement with the two having to team up for one reason or another. I agree that there needs to be a reason for the terrible flesh monsters if they're included, and sabotage would work, though I think the experiments getting out of hand or possibly it being a misguided effort where they didn't realize their mistakes until it was too late could also work.

Religion could be worked in. People try to reason the two and explain them using aspects of the other. Depending on how far forward from modern Earth society this one is, or how removed it is, religion could still exist possibly as something that is generally looked down on or rare. Alternatively, common aspects or traits of religions could be present but based around science, progress, and the moralities and values of the two factions.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
@Cryptnoch @Sporklord

Morality sets work for me as well, have it be either two cities or just one large city that has both subcultures living within it. I think yeah maybe we could have some people having started out with good intentions but the road to hell etc. etc. I mean, hell toss in some eldritch horror themes--experiments go too far, get a will of their own and start controlling people in a horrendous fashion similar toooooo the cordyceps trope or something

If we go religion, I'm almost tempted to subvert the whole machines don't have a soul trope and have it be flipped--either cause they're fueled by elementals, magic, souls of the dead, something, the machines have a soul and a will, meanwhile the bioengineered things are hollow meat sacks. Hell, maybe they were trying to give the biocreatures some degree of "life" like the machines to sort of "equalize" them and instead it goes horrifically wrong and leads to things going Bad.
@Cryptnoch @Sporklord

Morality sets work for me as well, have it be either two cities or just one large city that has both subcultures living within it. I think yeah maybe we could have some people having started out with good intentions but the road to hell etc. etc. I mean, hell toss in some eldritch horror themes--experiments go too far, get a will of their own and start controlling people in a horrendous fashion similar toooooo the cordyceps trope or something

If we go religion, I'm almost tempted to subvert the whole machines don't have a soul trope and have it be flipped--either cause they're fueled by elementals, magic, souls of the dead, something, the machines have a soul and a will, meanwhile the bioengineered things are hollow meat sacks. Hell, maybe they were trying to give the biocreatures some degree of "life" like the machines to sort of "equalize" them and instead it goes horrifically wrong and leads to things going Bad.
@moorhound
@sporklord

Soul/life stuff is a ludicrously overused trope in amateur sci-fi/fantasy.
I personally am against it.
Awareness, maybe? Intelligence? But not... souls
Too much possibility in regards to ludicrous plot/logic holes and a tendency toward blatant human egocentrism.

That reminds.

Magic system? Ideas?

System style or individuals-given-various-powers style?

Or is this purely sci-fi
@moorhound
@sporklord

Soul/life stuff is a ludicrously overused trope in amateur sci-fi/fantasy.
I personally am against it.
Awareness, maybe? Intelligence? But not... souls
Too much possibility in regards to ludicrous plot/logic holes and a tendency toward blatant human egocentrism.

That reminds.

Magic system? Ideas?

System style or individuals-given-various-powers style?

Or is this purely sci-fi
He/him & they/them
1 2 3